Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77254 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by logica(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
I can't believe Vanguard would go ahead and publish an unverified letter. That might signal the death of the newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Iykeponti(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Baba Iyabo Go and Die!!!! Abi time neva reach
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by daylae(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2013
what a letter. she really poured her heart out. just hope this trend continue, it will do well in revealing things we all should know.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by brightlomo(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2013
speechless.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 99100(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2013
How come this man ruled over a people for over 8yrs?hm!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mazizitonene(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2013
MissIndependent: Order!!! She said she didnt write the letter grin grin who wrote it then? "if you ask me na who i go ask"

By the way 2015 General Elections is going to be...... sad sad sad
I know she couldn't have written that, a yoruba lady (brought up in nigeria) insulting your own father no matter what his offence maybe and saying this is the last communication with him for life, knowing fully well who your father is. Though some contents of the letter may be true. I smell lies on the origin of it ,GEJ or APC

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by biggie01: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2013
I will employ all Nigerians to wake up and learn to read within lines, i won't have time to analyse the paragraphs one after another but i am so convinced that this letter does not originate from Iyabo.

While all this allegations, attacks and counter attacks are good for democracy and a eye opener for the young and aspiring politicians, i still wonder how these media houses verify their source before publishing.

Before this week is out, you all will get complete denouncement of this, this is purely the voice of Isau but hand of Jacob.

Iyabo, i am so sure you can not write this, remember he dt resides in a glass house does not throw stone. I am sure you know your father vefy well that he is prepared to face the consequence of his letter, you know to well that he is not afraid to publicly confend his sins. I'm also sure Jonathan himself is aware of this, that the more he drag Obj to court on this the more he will end up pleading for out of court settlement, this among others made me believe this is a purely manipulated letter to turn the back of father against his daughter. The last paragraph of his letter says it all.

So why should Nigerians believe you wrote this letter, expecially now that the tide is high, if truely you are a true democrate that wants the best for Nigeriathen you will welcome the message of your father even if you will critise or crucify the messenger. Iff truely you are who the letter claimed you are, you will allow posterity to judge. The letter itself is dead on arrivall by shooting itself in the foot.

I repeat, you can not write this letter, because you still remember how your same dad stood by you even in the face of critism when you bolldly confronted and Gbenga Daniel and slap his orderly. I am sure you are also aware you are one of Baba's favourite and a carbon copy of his fine face so why do you think i will believe you wrote this letter?
Only God will forgive us all of all our heavy atrocities in Nigeria, God please heal our land, wipe out all these evil plotters, messenger of the devil and bloodsucking politicians......

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by oladunwo(m): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2013
Codedrock: Iyabo should tell me why daughter daddy stuff has to be public?
Because baba would never listen to daughter to father conversation. He too get strong head

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by fpeter(f): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2013
I SIDDON DEY WATCH THIS DRAMA TITLED "WHICH WAY NIGERIA'
PLAY OUT...........
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chi3280(m): 10:53am On Dec 18, 2013
logica: I can't believe Vanguard would go ahead and publish an unverified letter. That might signal the death of the newspaper.
Vanguard is a Pro-PDP so don't be surprised. Aren't you surprised that only them have access to the letter? There was no signature attached to the stoopid letter. If I were to be Iyabo,I will sue the phuck out of them for this collateral damage.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 18, 2013
Blu Malam: I believe the ultimate aim of this letter is still unknown, why is she trying to curry the favour of the present administration, to the point of washing the family's dirty linen in public (even if it has been done before). The stakes must be quite high and must be clarified.

Regardless, i strongly suspect the 'Jonathanarians' hand in this.

Its the hands of "Divinity". One with God is majority. It would appear GEJ's enemy camp is in disarray.

Nigeria as a republic is a creation of man (the British) and that explains all our problems.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by macherie1: 10:55am On Dec 18, 2013
Why should a domestic issue becloud our judgement on the critical national issue raised by Obasanjo? It is becoming more evident that we are our own enemies from the response on this thread. Many are more interested in Obasanjo's household issue that the collapse of Nigerian economy. Where is the hope for Nigeria?

It is indeed a disaster if truly a daughter would write such a letter to her own father and make it public. I want to believe that this was all made up as a distraction from Obasanjo's letter to Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Pukkah: 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
logica: I can't believe Vanguard would go ahead and publish an unverified letter. That might signal the death of the newspaper.

A libel case might be on its way to Vanguard and I hope the Compass treatment won't be meted out to them by the courts.

The question is: who wrote this 'Iyabo's"
Letter?

Obasanjo has his issues and so does Jonathan.

I don't like Obasanjo because he blew so many opportunities and is so self-centred. However, Jonathan should address the issues contained in his letter.

By the way, Jonathan should contest the 2015 election just so that the so-called unity of this country can be tested.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
2ru-talk:

If you think it is not good to generalize, your first point of call should have been made to the person I quoted for using unnecessary Innuendo to castigate other tribes. I am neither tribalistic nor prejudicial but the comment was entirely annoying. Meanwhile, kudos to you for working with the FG but that does not change anything. You work for the FG while I consult for various financial Institutions including the FG. Therefore, where you work does not matter, just change your attitude.
Okay thanks. I apologise. I was annoyed but you are right. An idi.ot bashed Igbos indirectly whom you responded to. Once again am sorry for my mistake. They'll keep looting our money cos they know we are busy fighting ourselves instead of holding them responsible.

Meanwhile she's denied writing the letter.

Success Bro.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 2rutalk1: 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
chi 3280: Vanguard is a Pro-PDP so don't be surprised. Aren't you surprised that only them have access to the letter? There was no signature attached to the stoopid letter. If I were to be Iyabo,I will sue the phuck out of them for this collateral damage.
How come the same letter was published by Saharareporters, the widely acclaimed Pro-APC online reporters? Be realistic my dear
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tdade(m): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

I knew she didn't write the letter. Discerning minds should be able to see that.

However, that's Xmas gift come-early for her - she should make loads of cash off the online source that published that junk.

Also, the whole thing is going to get messier. Using his daughter's name against him for a hoax is just far-reaching. They crossed the line with that and best believe he would fight back with everything he has got.

Anyway, I see rivers of blood and a lot of dead people. lipsrsealed
On a serious note, inasmuch as I criticize Jonathan for his lethargic nature, and lackluster demeanor, I really can't think anyone who mounts the position he currently occupies, either by luck or intelligence, can be this daft!
Having said that, the fact that vanguard went ahead to publish it, knowing fully well the consequence should it be false, somehow gives credence to the fact that it was from 'above.'
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Stillstan(m): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2013
All things being equall....I applaud iyabo and am very certain this is taking us some where...how can a man who. Can not control his family control a whole nation? How can a man who slept with his sons wife rule over us and yet we tolerated him and he still initiates the guts to feel as a lord over this nation? Even though jonathan wants to run for as many times as he wish...Obasanjo is never in any position to question his authority....I nlbelieve jonathan due to his nature has been playing calm and tolerating his altitudes just to lket peace rain...bt @ this point...we have over grown that stage of toleration...things must be said and done as they are that is if we really wish to break away from this cause that have held us for a very long time....God bless iyabo obasanjo....God bless Jonbathan...and God blee the federal republic of nigeria....amen!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by locdog(m): 10:58am On Dec 18, 2013
I hate this country
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by econome(m): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2013
I'm speechless...this is superB story
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chi3280(m): 11:01am On Dec 18, 2013
2ru-talk:

How come the same letter was published by Saharareporters, the widely acclaimed Pro-APC online reporters? Be realistic my dear
Nevertheless,the letter is fake! Iyabo will never write such letter to discredit her father. Jonathan and his camp just drew the battle by trying to cause enmity between Obasanjo and his daughter. They went too far and they will regret doing this. angry

At this moment,I pity Jonathan because his media aides are making things very difficult for him and spoiling his chances for 2015. Reuben Abati, Doyin Okupe, Ahmed Gulak and Reno Omokri should be sacked immediately. They are killing the political ambition of Jonathan!!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2013
Still_stan: All things being equall....I applaud iyabo and am very certain this is taking us some where...how can a man who. Can not control his family control a whole nation? How can a man who slept with his sons wife rule over us and yet we tolerated him and he still initiates the guts to feel as a lord over this nation? Even though jonathan wants to run for as many times as he wish...Obasanjo is never in any position to question his authority....I nlbelieve jonathan due to his nature has been playing calm and tolerating his altitudes just to lket peace rain...bt @ this point...we have over grown that stage of toleration...things must be said and done as they are that is if we really wish to break away from this cause that have held us for a very long time....God bless iyabo obasanjo....God bless Jonbathan...and God blee the federal republic of nigeria....amen!
wao! Thank God u really know who he is JONBATHAN indeed cheesy
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2013
locdog: I hate this country
So do I Bro. Thank God this is a faceless forum otherwise I would have been sacked by now.

God let my prayer come to pass. Let this country go down before 2015 oh Lord.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2013
I dey craze to start a fight against an innocent man chosen by the gods...God forbid!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by andyanders: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are right. Heart felt letter indeed. GEJ need not respond to OBJ's letter because the response has come from the right source which CNN even should air if this is real.

OBJ has been a source of problems even one of his late wife who contested election and lost also told the world how wicked OJ has been. I know that if it were to be OBJ such a letter was sent to, that person would have ended up in prison or eliminated.
I never knew this Iyabo to be so intelligent like this. Good she came up at the right time.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Any person picking a fight with GEJ is doomed... He might not be performing so well as ppl wanted due too bad eggs around him but brother there is a hand holding him
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 18, 2013
andyanders:

You are right. Heart felt letter indeed. GEJ need not respond to OBJ's letter because the response has come from the right source which CNN even should air if this is real.

OBJ has been a source of problems even one of his late wife who contested election and lost also told the world how wicked OJ has been. I know that if it were to be OBJ such a letter was sent to, that person would have ended up in prison or eliminated.
I never knew this Iyabo to be so intelligent like this. Good she came up at the right time.
and do u also believ she can ridicule her father this way ?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Jazz247: 11:08am On Dec 18, 2013
The OBJ letter to GEJ is a manifestation of a failed state.I doubt if Iyabo wrote this trash. Mediocrity, tribalism and corruption has been promoted to the highest level. Nigerians are gullible and corrupt followers, therefore we deserve this incompetent and clueless government. With the billions of dollars of crude oil earnings, the government cannot provide 24hrs of electricity for Nigerians in the 21st century whereas China just landed a space capsule in the moon for mining. Wasted generation?.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by dremaster(m): 11:09am On Dec 18, 2013
"I Did Not Write Any Letter to My Father, IYABO OBASANJO Speaks Out! December18, 2013IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM): > I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO nevercontemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily bases.Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raise me up and gave me the best of Education. Iwouldn't have achieve whatever I did without my father.IN FACT, WHO AM I WITHOUT MY FATHER? "As a father he never disappoint his children in any way, he is a father anybody wish to have."If President Jonathan want to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best interest of the nation.If Mr. President disagrees with some of the allegations in the letter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my father, heshould stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about. "How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter isthe source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parent in all circumstances."I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubish the good name of my family, when I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I never disrespect him." Via Lookmon Olanrewaju
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Pukkah: 11:09am On Dec 18, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Any person picking a fight with GEJ is doomed... He might not be performing so well as ppl wanted due too bad eggs around him but brother there is a hand holding him

How come the hand that's holding him is not removing the 'bad eggs' around him?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Jazz247: The OBJ letter to GEJ is a manifestation of a failed state.I doubt if Iyabo wrote this trash. Mediocrity, tribalism and corruption has been promoted to the highest level. Nigerians are gullible and corrupt followers, therefore we deserve this incompetent and clueless government. With the billions of dollars of crude oil earnings, the government cannot provide 24hrs of electricity for Nigerians in the 21st century whereas China just landed a space capsule in the moon for mining. Wasted generation?.

Brother that letter does not look like what somebody forged, the details is so much, you have to be the main xter to write that, even her husband cant write that
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by albiol: 11:10am On Dec 18, 2013
. I won’t be your legacy, let your legacy be Nigeria in the fractured state you created because, it was always your way or the highway.
Quote of the year
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Gamji007: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: Events are unfolding too quickly...

Payless and co have been vindicated. Could the letter have emanated from the TeamGEJ camp?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation / Is This What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To? One Word For Nigeria In This Picture / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.