Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77205 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by coolshegs10(m): 3:33am On Dec 18, 2013
E be like say i made d FP o.....baba God tnk u o,we just finish vigil ni.
Oya,back 2 d mata!

Wetin we wan do now?Iyabo is not in NigerIa,we would have called her so we can settle this menus.So OBJ wasn't loved by his own children? Ehhn ehn? The part that pained me most was that of Stella,that beautiful gentle lady.Come to think of it,is it because OBJ was a retired soldier meant that he should behave in a demonic way to his own offsprings? As for Jonah,...ur tym is up o,you are using ur extra time o.

Abeg.hope i didn't abuse anyone sha?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by dickhardener: 3:33am On Dec 18, 2013
BodyKiss:

Please shu.t.up. with this your Nigerian mentality.
Oga correcting your father in private is more dignified as opposed to raining insults like "you are mad" to your father...common now. You dont feel comfortable with whatever he does then leave him the f*ck alone damn it!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 3:34am On Dec 18, 2013
I am beginning to really believe that one can sell his/her soul to the devil for fame, power and riches.

From what I can see about OBJ, this man is destined to die disgracefully.

Did he not learn anything from Mandela's Memorial?

With the way this country is heading it may not surprise me if this man ends up in a shallow unmarked grave.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Kings77: 3:35am On Dec 18, 2013
Having read Iyabo Obasanjo's letter,which I'm sure her dad must have read too,my conclusion is that families will start to break-off before Nigeria will break into pieces.
Though she might be right,but if she is a well brought-up child (by her mother) as she has claimed,she need not to make the letter public,but I smell rat about this letter,somethings will unfold very very soon in this country so I urge all Nigerians to be on the look-out and be ready for whatever may come,but most importantly be watchful and GUARD YOURSELVES AND YOUR TERRITORY.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Freewilly(f): 3:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Things fall apart in ofemma-nu land. I wonder what soyinka will say about this.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 3:40am On Dec 18, 2013
payless: Wow! Like father, like daughter. Iyabo just confirmed what many of us know about her father. Obasanjo is a self centered man who takes no prisoner. Obasanjo is a provocative and vindictive man. He forgives no one that offends him. A trait common with the people of Owu. Sorry as no disrespect to any Owu.

What I see here is a daughter who is looking for relevance in public eyes. She did not address the allegation her father made about Jonathan. Did Iyabo benefit from the largesse stolen by her father? Iyabo is a beneficiary of so many juicy positions due to her father's status in Nigeria. She couldn't have been a commissioner of health or senator without her father and Maurice Iwu manipulating results in her favor. Iyabo herself is well known by her peers as someone who possesses the same traits as her father. Iyabo became a Senator through a cooked result by Maurice Iwu. This is the same Iyabo who jumped over 7-foot fence to evade arrest in 2008. This is the same Iyabo that has a pending case in court on corruption charges. She also needs to re-write this epistle again and tell us how much she benefited from her father being Nigerian President.
Per the 'bolded', pls she's not Jonathan spokesperson nor did she claim to be speaking for the president. Please be guided grin

Having said all that above, Jonathan still owes Nigerians an explanation about allegations made by Obasanjo. These are valid allegations that must be investigated. If the allegations found to be true, Jonathan deserves to be booted out. If those allegations found to be untrue, then he deserves an apology from us.

Someone needs to authenticate this open letter......................

Did Iyabo truly write this open letter?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 3:40am On Dec 18, 2013
payless: Wow! Like father, like daughter. Iyabo just confirmed what many of us know about her father. Obasanjo is a self centered man who takes no prisoner. Obasanjo is a provocative and vindictive man. He forgives no one that offends him. A trait common with the people of Owu. Sorry as no disrespect to any Owu.

What I see here is a daughter who is looking for relevance in public eyes. She did not address the allegation her father made about Jonathan. Did Iyabo benefit from the largesse stolen by her father? Iyabo is a beneficiary of so many juicy positions due to her father's status in Nigeria. She couldn't have been a commissioner of health or senator without her father and Maurice Iwu manipulating results in her favor. Iyabo herself is well known by her peers as someone who possesses the same traits as her father. Iyabo became a Senator through a cooked result by Maurice Iwu. This is the same Iyabo who jumped over 7-foot fence to evade arrest in 2008. This is the same Iyabo that has a pending case in court on corruption charges. She also needs to re-write this epistle again and tell us how much she benefited from her father being Nigerian President.

Having said all that above, Jonathan still owes Nigerians an explanation about allegations made by Obasanjo. These are valid allegations that must be investigated. If the allegations found to be true, Jonathan deserves to be booted out. If those allegations found to be untrue, then he deserves an apology from us.

Per the 'bolded', pls she's not Jonathan spokesperson nor did she claim to be speaking for the president. Please be guided grin

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ferdsmart(m): 3:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Eeheh.. After this what next?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by theoctopus: 3:41am On Dec 18, 2013
This letter was more of an indictment on Nigerians and rightly so. How could any Nigerian have taken an 18 page OBJ letter seriously? That letter was trash. It was not worth a piece of tissue paper. How can an OBJ be talking about corruption? How can an OBJ be telling us what to do? Iyabo is right. Everyone who praised OBJ for writing such a letter is an enemy of Nigeria

20 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 3:41am On Dec 18, 2013
luvmijeje: You called me after your vengeful letter as usual, looking out for yourself and thinking you will bribe me by saying the APC will use me for the Senate. Do you really know me and what I want out of life?

This part got my attention, which raised this question, Is Obasanjo working for APC? This doesn't look good for Jonathan.

The bolded part took me aback when I read it. Obasanjo is not working for or in collaboration with APC.

This so called letter may have been written by GEJ apostles or those popularly known as Jonathanians.......

This is letter was not written by Iyabo Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by theoctopus: 3:42am On Dec 18, 2013
payless:

The bolded part took me aback when I read it. Obasanjo is not working for or in collaboration with APC.

This so called letter was written by GEJ or those popularly known as Jonathanians.......

You are making a fool of yourself if you think anyone will take this your trash talk seriously

14 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 18, 2013
I read letter, I weak, I cry for this nation cry

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BluMalam(m): 3:46am On Dec 18, 2013
I believe the ultimate aim of this letter is still unknown, why is she trying to curry the favour of the present administration, to the point of washing the family's dirty linen in public (even if it has been done before). The stakes must be quite high and must be clarified.

Regardless, i strongly suspect the 'Jonathanarians' hand in this.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 3:48am On Dec 18, 2013
payless:

Ogini "Speachless"?

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
grin grin grin over sabi Modifield no modified sh.it corrected tongue
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ebamma(m): 3:49am On Dec 18, 2013
the woman is a fool if she really wrote this letter, as a matured lady of over 30yrs, if u held any grudges against your dad, the best thing to do, is to meet him personally and sort it out, as far as this world is concern, there is no perfect family, all families have their trying moments, it's just that many do not choose like her, to go to press with it

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by oluwamitomisin: 3:50am On Dec 18, 2013
The outrage of a daughter to her father in the eyes of the public? So true but sad......

Did I just make fp in ages?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Jazz247: 3:51am On Dec 18, 2013
This is act 1 scene 2 of OBJ /GEJ SAGA.We are now saddled with clueless leaders and gullible followers. The political leaders divide the people of this great country on ethnic and religious line to achieve their selfish political goal to the detriment of general welfare of the people. I still have my reservations if these letter was written by Iyabo. It's really sad that Sadist are in control of both political and economic life.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 18, 2013
theoctopus:

You are making a fool of yourself if you think anyone will take this your trash talk seriously

With the bolded below, one has to doubt the authencity of this letter. Is Obasanjo working with APC? The answer is no.

Do you really know me and what I want out of life?

"You called me after your vengeful letter as usual, looking out for yourself and thinking you will bribe me by saying the APC will use me for the Senate".

That is why I changed the statement to "may have been written by Jonathan apostle".
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Asemo11(m): 3:52am On Dec 18, 2013

some body need to authenticate dis ur write up u see her day jump d fence?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 18, 2013
Asemo11: some body need to authenticate dis ur write up u see her day jump d fence?

The information is in public domain. Her gateman eventually told the EFCC.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 18, 2013
I will save this letter and read it now and them, it is enough reason why I must not fail as a father and in every other capacity I find myself. Nigeria rotteness starts from the family to change it for the better, we should start with ourselves then extend it to our communities, town by and large the country would experience change when our individual efforts culminate in a character revolution. It is high time we would not took side with depravity regardless of our tribe and religion.

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 3:56am On Dec 18, 2013
payless:

This so called letter was written by GEJ apostles or those popularly known as Jonathanians.......

stop deluding yourself besides this story is fresh from the oven so stop rushing to defend baba. The same Baba that ruled 8yrs under the PDP umbrella that you so much hate second only to GEJ.

From what I can picture from her letter and OBJ's own and his actions and utterances in the past; Obasanjo is a man suffering serious withdrawal symptoms of former grandeur.

This is a Man that has become so politically irrelevant that a LG ward in his own backyard could not be secured talk less of his state or geo-political region he belongs.

OBJ did not resign his position as Chairman BOT of the PDP was forced to step down given that the same ruling he applied on Tony Annenih after the latter lost Edo to Oshiomole was aggressively implemented under the Yaradua administration. The norther bloc was behind this as they wanted to distance and prune OBJ's influence on the Yaradua administration.

If You have read Segun Adeniyi's book chronicling Yaradua's administration you will understand that that government was able to successfully check Baba. With GEJ's ascension Baba thought he was about to make a come back was shocked as GEJ simply continued with the Yaradua treatment but assuaged Baba by giving him an International Elder state's man status which was not enough for Baba.

Baba was the first to start promoting Sule Lamido of Jigawa and had been one of the very early callers at the governor's lodge in Damaturu.

OBJ also broke the golden unwritten rule which was never to openly criticize a sitting head of state being a former occupier of that position.

The truth be told OBJ is very unsure of his future. With GEJ his relevance is fading fast and with PDP crumbling the likes of Buhari managing the affairs of this nation is sending shivers down his spine.

This letter is the handwork of bad parenting and obviously a curse from above for the many sins of the man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by DerideGull(m): 3:56am On Dec 18, 2013
I am not a fan of Iyabo Obasanjo Bello but she has written well far beyond what was expected of her while in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It is not in my nature to encourage father and daughter squabbles and completely despised it when made public. Anyway, my stay in Yoruba land had already forewarned me about the attitude of Yoruba men toward their polygamous families.

However, the letter has confirmed what I had thought about Olusegun Obasanjo and his ill-fated letter to the president of Nigeria. He had been mischievously deliberate and boorishly intended to incite Nigerian public against Goodluck Jonathan because the president has failed to assign a portion of Nigeria to OBJ.

The letter also confirmed the documented cowardliness Obasanjo is noted. Furthermore, inherent loudmouth is coded in Obasanjo’s DNA. Despite the fact he surrounded himself with lowlifes such as Femi Fani-Koyade, Obasanjo is a borderline dunce who was flunked not twice but thrice by Emeka Ojukwu at the Military Officers Cadet School in Teshie, Ghana.

Obasanjo falls into the cabals that would do anything to see Nigeria in its current dilapidated form and make sure it continues in the vicious circle of hopelessness. I do believe that if Nigeria disintegrates into nation states, Republic of Oodua will never allow Obasanjo such a room to maneuver. It is Nigeria so anything goes.

16 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by rumours: 3:56am On Dec 18, 2013
God is working His purpose out...
Another letter will soon be written.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Asemo11(m): 3:56am On Dec 18, 2013
ABAKA72: Have always known Obasanjo as s morally bankrupt villainous coward. sleeping with his daughter in law, hiding under the table when his boss was assassinated, instead of coming out to arrest the situation. what a man!!!
i read their was a time he was running from a situation and he got shot in his azz
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 3:57am On Dec 18, 2013
ebamma: the woman is a fool if she really wrote this letter, as a matured lady of over 30yrs, if u held any grudges against your dad, the best thing to do, is to meet him personally and sort it out, as far as this world is concern, there is no perfect family, all families have their trying moments, it's just that many do not choose like her, to go to press with it
Dude she has her reasons. `
1 He never listen cos he thinks he is the jesus of Nigeria.
2 He could rap.e (molested her when she was a kid)
3 He screwed Gbenga's wife grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tpia5: 4:01am On Dec 18, 2013
In developed countries, someone ( a journalist or news outlet) would call her to ascertain the authenticity of the letter.

Ie if she really wrote it.

Btw isnt she still a senator?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nonybb: 4:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Obasanjo and IBB should be summarily executed or jailed. Two unbelieveable idiOts
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by kushy(m): 4:02am On Dec 18, 2013
i dey laugh o o
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ziccoit: 4:03am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo was actually neglected and not-properly-trained African child otherwise she wouldn't have washed down her father in public.

She doesn't know a greater percentage of her colleagues are either touts or now riding okada to survive back home while she is making it good in USA courtesy of the same father she is washing down.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Kc3000: 4:03am On Dec 18, 2013
Mhmmm, it all makes perfect sense. . . .

A man who could not adequately lead his own family could not possibly lead a nation of people.

A man that used to mercilessly beat his own wife was bound to treat his fellow citizens with similar disdain.

A man that stole from his own son by sleeping with his daughter in-law, was always destined to rob his country blind.

The man is a national disgrace

11 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by atlwireles: 4:04am On Dec 18, 2013
tpia@:
In developed countries, someone ( a journalist or news outlet) would call her to ascertain the authenticity of the letter.

Ie if she really wrote it.

Btw isnt she still a senator[b][/b]?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Is This What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To? One Word For Nigeria In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.