Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

The 50-50 Odds? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 50-50 Odds? (5584 Views)

Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! / 50-50, What's Your View? / "girl Or Guy", In A Relationship Who Should Love Who D Most Or Is It 50/50: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
Guys, the idea of 50-50 rule in romance demanded by todays liberated women seems to bring an increase in family break ups and lots of fatherless kids. It seems the equation must not be balanced for peace to reign. Like 70-30, 60-40 etc .

My question to you men is, does it really matter? if the lady in your life is hell bent on 50 and above, why not reduce yours just for the sake of peace so that your kids that you need so much can be afforded the luxury of having a father at home. Why can't you play the bigger person and let her have 60 or even 70 for the sake of peace? what did it take away from you? what really?

Funmi is fuming.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Pataki: 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Funmi is fuming.
May the fumes burn up your lungs till you choke off.

Keep fighting for unrealistic rights.

Rubbish. tongue
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Hannibal: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Guys, the idea of 50-50 rule in romance demanded by todays liberated women seems to bring an increase in family break ups and lots of fatherless kids. It seems the equation must not be balanced for peace to reign. Like 70-30, 60-40 etc .

My question to you men is, does it really matter? if the lady in your life is hell bent on 50 and above, why not reduce yours just for the sake of peace so that your kids that you need so much can be afforded the luxury of having a father at home. Why can't you play the bigger person and let her have 60 or even 70 for the sake of peace? what did it take away from you? what really?

Funmi is fuming.

It takes away our pride and smashes our egos into bits.
Why should a woman demand 50 to start with??
If she cannot be contented with 5. . . . .She can feck off. grin

1 Like

Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
May the fumes burn up your lungs till you choke off.

Keep fighting for unrealistic rights.

Rubbish.

why are you cursing me now, darling? I only made a suggestion to men to pipe down or coolu temper so as to have harmony in their homes. Women has been suffering marginalization from Abraham and you can't really blame them if they overeact to protect their rights but the 50-50 idea seems not to be working and it's our duty as adults to find a lasting solution. My question was, if women cannot give in, why can't men do so for peace sake?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2008

It takes away our pride and smashes our egos into bits.

Why should a woman demand 50 to start with??
If she cannot be contented with 5. . . . .She can feck off.

Pride and ego are unseen innate factors and can be CONTROLLED especially when needs be. Why not invade Cameroun at the expense of human lives for taking away Bakassi peninsula, didn't that hurt your pride and ego too?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by eldee(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Funmi is fuming.
You see what happens when you give the woman an inch?
There was a time it was 80-20, we kept giving till now it's around 60-40
Now here's sumone saying we should go 70-30!!! What nonsense!!!

We need to go back and ask, are we meant to be sharing at all??

DeepZone:

Pride and ego are unseen innate factors and can be CONTROLLED especially when needs be. Why not invade Cameroun at the expense of human lives for taking away Bakassi peninsula, didn't that hurt your pride and ego too?
Nah . . . that was France Vs Nigeria . . . if it were just man to man, we'll have cleared Cameroun at the OAU
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by sistawoman: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
This is what was forced on our men during Jim Crow thus giving us the lazy Akatas that we now have in the States.  Do you really want to turn your Nigerian men into these spineless whimps.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Hannibal: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Don't be a ninny!!!
Cameroun Peninsula is not my HOME . . . . .
A woman becomes an assistant to her husband once her husband pays her brideprice and all those schitzo. . . .
I cannot put a woman in MY house and she demands 20 from me. . . . .
If she wants 50. . . . .  .Let her go back to her father's house to make such claims.
MY CRIB. . . . My rules or your father's house in Ilesha. tongue
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by eldee(m): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
sistawoman:

This is what was forced on our men during Jim Crow thus giving us the lazy Akatas that we now have in the States. Do you really want to turn your Nigerian men into these spineless whimps.
TOUCHE!!!
An average nigerian man knows he has to provide for the family to earn his 70-30
The lazy whimps o'er there have sold their ego and pride for nuffin . . . it's resignation already
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by stayfree: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
@topic
50-50 if the husband is paying or taking care of 50% of the household responsibilities. He is is not, or taking care of less, then he manages how much he puts in.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
You see what happens when you give the woman an inch?
There was a time it was 80-20, we kept giving till now it's around 60-40
Now here's sumone saying we should go 70-30!!! What nonsense!!!

We need to go back and ask, are we meant to be sharing at all??

The world is becoming more globalized everyday, no more nuclear weapons et al and the world is also drifting from testosterone to estrogen(saves more energy,lol). No more wars, battering etc. If your woman is not satisfied with anything less than 50, why not let her have it for the sake of your kids? can't you die for your children?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2008
TOUCHE!!!
An average nigerian man knows he has to provide for the family to earn his 70-30
The lazy whimps o'er there have sold their ego and pride for nuffin . . . it's resignation already

Well it's not happening all the time in the west among Nigerians. That's why so many women send their men packing to Abeokuta instead of the men sending them packing to Ilesha.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by sistawoman: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2008
eldee:

TOUCHE!!!

Thier pride was not sold it was stolen, it was stolen when they were forced to watch thier women raped by masta or die trying to stop it.  It was stolen when they were sold away and forced to be breaders for the masta.  It was stolen when they were beaten forced to take on new names, new religon and new languages.

I beg to differ that it was sold.  Jim Crow was horrible to black people but mostly to our men, whimping them out and taking away thier spine, causing more women to have to step up and take that 70-30 split.  I dont ever want to have to run my house again.  It is hard work not that I cant do but nothing that I desire to do.  Let my husband do it he was built for it.  Let me do my 30 or 20 and watch me be happy with it.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Pataki: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

why are you cursing me now, darling? I only made a suggestion to men to pipe down or coolu temper so as to have harmony in their homes. Women has been suffering marginalization from Abraham and you can't really blame them if they overeact to protect their rights but the 50-50 idea seems not to be working and it's our duty as adults to find a lasting solution. My question was, if women cannot give in, why can't men do so for peace sake?
Sorry if you saw that as cursing you.

Most women that I know, when they discuss issues with their man, and he does not seem to agree with their views or points, allow the man do what he feels right and if it does not go well, they have the final chunk of words to dish out to the man. It is more safer and better rather than arguing and fighting with the man incessantly.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by syren: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ post

if he deserves 80% i'll give him 80% but if he doesn't then I wont just sit there and take his nonsense.  cool
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
@topic
50-50 if the husband is paying or taking care of 50% of the household responsibilities. He is is not, or taking care of less, then he manages how much he puts in.

Responsibilities includes family planning, support and suggestions but you and I know that 50-50 is not viable and i dont even know what women were thinking when they demanded that, they should've demanded 60-40.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
Umm. . . well even though im a chic that doesn't like to be inferior, I WOULD NEVER want to have 60% of the power and him 40%. i know it sounds weird coming from me but i really don't want control over my husband. I dont want to take his position.

1 Like

Re: The 50-50 Odds? by StephenP(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
I believe with every relationship, there is never a balance. Power sways both directions. Sometimes, the woman needs to be submissive and chill with the 30 and other times, she'll be in power with the 80. Now, if a woman is constantly "hell bent on 50 and above" I don't see how that is going to work. It doesn't necessarily take anything away from us but our selfish pride just wouldn't let that happen and that's the why we were built.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ post

if he deserves 80% i'll give him 80% but[b] if he doesn't then I wont just sit there and take his nonsense[/b]

Lmao; If you allow men, they'll start looking for allowance. Seek ye your 50 and above now and all other things will be added unto you.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Hannibal: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
sistawoman:

Thier pride was not sold it was stolen, it was stolen when they were forced to watch their women raped by masta or die trying to stop it.  It was stolen when they were sold away and forced to be breaders for the masta.  It was stolen when they were beaten forced to take on new names, new religon and new languages.

I beg to differ that it was sold.  Jim Crow was horrible to black people but mostly to our men, whimping them out and taking away their spine, causing more women to have to step up and take that 70-30 split.  I don't ever want to have to run my house again.  It is hard work not that I can't do but nothing that I desire to do.  Let my husband do it he was built for it.  Let me do my 30 or 20 and watch me be happy with it.

syren:

@ post

if he deserves 80% i'll give him 80% but if he doesn't then I wont just sit there and take his nonsense.  cool

Deepzone, these are your role models.
Follow the ways of these women and u would be married after 37 years of trying.
Let the man be the captain of the ship. . . . .Just sit back and look until he needs assistance.
So be contented with your 20.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
Umm. . . well even though im a chic that doesn't like to be inferior, I WOULD NEVER want to have 60% of the power and him 40%. i know it sounds weird coming from me but i really don't want control over my husband. I don't want to take his position.

Will you demand for 50?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Will you demand for 50?
Hell yeah i will demand 50. but i know there will come a day[i](wiping away the tears)[/i] that i will have to except 40.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2008
Sorry if you saw that as cursing you.

Most women that I know, when they discuss issues with their man, and he does not seem to agree with their views or points, allow the man do what he feels right and if it does not go well, they have the final chunk of words to dish out to the man. It is more safer and better rather than arguing and fighting with the man incessantly.

If the man is mentally mature to do so. Because women mature mentally before men, it's always a problem when a couple that are of the same age marry because the woman is way more mature than the man. How do you expect the woman to let him lead the family to a cesspool?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hell yeah i will demand 50. but i know there will come a day(wiping away the tears) that i will have to except 40.

Demanding 50 leaves him with only 50 and that is a recipe for disaster. My philosophy is " 50-50 is hogwash and should be scrapped and whomever the cap fits, let him/her take it and lead the family ego or no ego"
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by sistawoman: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

If the man is mentally mature to do so. Because women mature mentally before men, it's always a problem when a couple that are of the same age marry because the woman is way more mature than the man. How do you expect the woman to let him lead the family to a cesspool?

If he is that type of male why are you marring him to start with.  are these not the things you find out before you say I do?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Hannibal: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2008
sistawoman:

If he is that type of male why are you marring him to start with. are these not the things you find out before you say I do?

Are u taking DeepZone serious?? She is a poof.
Matter of fact, she wants to marry a man in HER house. . . . .
She only dates losers.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2008
@post
I will never except any thing from 40 and below.

DeepZone:

Demanding 50 leaves him with only 50 and that is a recipe for disaster. My philosophy is " 50-50 is hogwash and should be scrapped and whomever the cap fits, let him/her take it and lead the family ego or no ego"
That is why i said that there will come that sad day[i](wiping more tears away)[/i] that will have to swallow my enormous pride and give up some of that delicious power.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by eldee(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

The world is becoming more globalized everyday, no more nuclear weapons et al and the world is also drifting from testosterone to estrogen(saves more energy,lol). No more wars, battering etc. If your woman is not satisfied with anything less than 50, why not let her have it for the sake of your kids? can't you die for your children?
We all know leaving power with women is dangerous, ask Hilary Clinton
Adam and Solomon learnt the hard way tongue

Why should we be the ones making sacrifices?
Didn't you hear of the case of the two wives and the dead baby?? tongue

DeepZone:

Well it's not happening all the time in the west among Nigerians. That's why so many women send their men packing to Abeokuta instead of the men sending them packing to Ilesha.
There's a reason why it made the news, the millions of men that send their wives packing is not odd

sistawoman:

Thier pride was not sold it was stolen, it was stolen when they were forced to watch their women raped by masta or die trying to stop it.  It was stolen when they were sold away and forced to be breaders for the masta.  It was stolen when they were beaten forced to take on new names, new religon and new languages.

I beg to differ that it was sold.  Jim Crow was horrible to black people but mostly to our men, whimping them out and taking away their spine, causing more women to have to step up and take that 70-30 split.  I don't ever want to have to run my house again.  It is hard work not that I can't do but nothing that I desire to do.  Let my husband do it he was built for it.  Let me do my 30 or 20 and watch me be happy with it.
C'est fini . . . you should hold a seminar and educate ignorant women like Funmi tongue
It's not always greener on the other side
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Chat2MeBac(f): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2008
50-50 if he deserves it then why not?

I mean why must I afford a lazy spouse who does nothing to upgrade our lives 50% of what I work hard to accomplish?  Or 50% of the rights in MY house?

It would be very difficult,
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by syren: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Lmao; If you allow men, they'll start looking for allowance. Seek ye your 50 and above now and all other things will be added unto you.

That's what I mean, if he breaks out the iron fist or makes bad choices I won't have it. But if he's making the right decisions and takes my views and interests into consideration I have no need to object.  grin
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Pataki: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

What is your source to the statement in bold? undecided
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2008
That's what I mean, if he breaks out the iron fist or makes bad choices I won't have it. B[b]ut if he's making the right decisions and takes my views and interests into consideration I have no need to object[/b].

Some take your views into consideration but their ego will not let them. Because of that ego factor, they'll keep landing the family into serious financial mess. Won't you stand up and take the mantle off him leaving him with about 20? This mostly happens between couples that are not equally yoked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NL Kokomansion!: Men pls come in! / Girl Spits After Kissing! / 5 Reasons To Marry A Fat Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.