Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

50-50, What's Your View? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 50-50, What's Your View? (1525 Views)

Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! / Your View On Honeymoon In Hotels? / The 50-50 Odds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50-50, What's Your View? by alexis(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2006
Hi everyone,

I think there is something that ladies generally do that I don't find straight-forward. Women clought for equal rights i.e 50-50, what a man can do a woman can do better, independent woman and all. I think it's a good development and women should be given equal rights. However, most women manipulate this to their advantage.

Take for instance - you and your girl go out for dinner, traditionally, after you guys are done; the man is expected to foot the bill (I hear some women saying that it is ego that makes men pay, they don't want to admit they need assistance - that is not the case). Whenever it comes to expenses, it is mostly expected that the man will handle that aspect.

Now, when you want your woman to cook to a sweet meal that you know she is good at doing, she may give you some excuse like you aint married to her yet or why can't you go and cook the meal yourself or she is tired or something like that. Now, if I am expected to be the man, why can't the lady be the lady. So, I think this 50-50 think is to men disadvantage and women use it to their own advantage. Now, this cuts across alot of other things.

Can I have some inputs from our sisters and brothers in-house.
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2006
You are not far from the truth,  The world is slowly coming to an end, because after God created man to be perfect, he created woman from a rib,  The significance is very straight-forward, man has changed it a great deal,  It is the reason why the first family were driven out of the garden of eden, the reason why we have more divorces, the reason for world war 2, the reason why children of nowadays are being raised to act funny, the reason for many illnesses on earth today,  that same reason is why the world will come to an abrupt end!

Great minds reason alike, its simple, Cause and Effect, like Action and Reaction grin grin grin
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2006
yes yes yes
if you meet a guy you know in a taxi he offers to pay to boost his ego
if he take you out he offers to pay for the same thing
if you meet him in a supermarket he offers to pay. . .
some guys even go to the extend of starving themselves for us just to boost their egos
but at the end of the day what a man can do we can do much more better
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 10:53am On Nov 14, 2006
Lies Lies grin grin grin
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2006
lies?  its all the fact

guys do things to boost their stupid egos
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by CrazyMan(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2006
you can't tell me that you 'll expect your woman to take over your responsibility as a man.
if that happens, you'll loose your diginity.

it happens that's why we are men and they are women.
you are suppose to take care of them.
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2006
hear! hear!! hear!!! ;d
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by iice(f): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2006
50-50, equality, what a man can do a woman can do? And in this equality, she's supposed to remain the cook, a position she has been since the dawn of man but ohhhh i forgot we are talking about equality and moving forward right? I expire angry
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2006
And your point is
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by iice(f): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2006
If you don't get it don't bother. . .
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2006
we are fighting for 50 50 all the time but go to rural areas of the world men are beinbg treated like kings angry
women do all the work and even small boys dont do anything , they can never be our equal ,
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2006
So a woman should go and be watching tv while a man cooks after the day's work? What exactly do women want? This is all getting Interesting, I mean, u can as well say all women should stay away from marriage, all become career women with no husbands and kids, and so on cos as long as a woman is married and  living with a man, she needs to respect him, There are things she shouldnt expect him to do, when he does, it should be out of assistance and not obligation
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2006
i accept that if a woman marries  she should be married and stay married to her family and her home . . .
but that does not mean that she she is under obligation
she is doing it  for the love she has for her home
most guys help out but majority of  other guys dont simply because they think they'll lose face in the home . . .
c'mon helping out can be fun for both of them and you get to understand eachother better . .
for most guys the only job they can do at home is to surf channels on the tv or fix the remote's battery angry
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2006
I can imagine abraham with all his white beards huming to himself while cooking for eve who is having her fingers done by her maids in the bedroom waiting for her husband to finish cooking and server her there in bed. I think what u said is the other way round, A man can cook and do household stuff but only for love and not as an obligation because many of us sit in front of our PCs and yak about 50-50 when if our own parents had tried it, they'd probably be divorced today cos i cant imagine myself as an average african man cooking after the day's work, I'd expect to get home to a loving hug and a sumptious meal already served and waiting, otherwise the woman should go back to her mum so that they lecture her on how to differentiate between a babe and a wife/mother.
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2006

, A man can cook and do household stuff but only for love and not as an obligation because many of us sit in front of our PCs and yak about 50-50 when if our own parents had tried it, they'd probably be divorced today because i can't imagine myself as an average african man cooking after the day's work, I'd expect to get home to a loving hug and a sumptious meal already served and waiting, otherwise the woman should go back to her mum so that they lecture her on how to differentiate between a babe and a wife/mother.
with all this you mean that we are obligated uh?
well you'll keep givin back all your wives with your typical african man attitude angry cheesy
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by whitelexi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2006
I guess we can only be of different opinions. One will be reality while the other will be fantasy, for ur sake i hope it works but i wont settle for any woman that doesnt think it is obligatory to cook for her family, i only wonder how many men will accept that
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by alexis(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2006
Ah ha,

Now folks are talking, this is what I wanted. I brought this up because even though ladies might not admit it, they use this 50-50 thing to their advantage; meaning that they use it when it suites them.

Like I said before, I have no issue with women having equal rights with men, I support it however, they should not use it when it is convenient for them.

A few ladies mention the Ego thing, as much as I would like to agree with them, it is not ego that dries men to take care of women, it is responsibility. I am responsible to take care of my woman just the same way she is responsible to take of me. So, if I pay the bills, buy her everything she needs and take care of her generally, why should she complain when I ask her to do stuff.

All I am saying is that ladies aint fair with this 50-50 thing, they want to make decisions like the guy but they back out when it comes to responsibilities.

Ladies, can I have your input
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2006
ladies aint fair with the 50 50?
no guys are the selfish ones angry
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by harvey(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2006
50-50 i wonder why ladies ain't talking why is it only makina or whatever her id is.the issue is that ladies are ladies sometimes they tend to want to be strong competitors but end up backing out when a difficult task arise.also,some are just so understanding,i heard a story about this well to do man,his wife also woks and if normally 10k is what they use to feed in a week and if he does not have much he he affords what he has and this loving wife who is also working completes the pay.but the funny thing is that he never say pls complete the pay,all he says is this is all I've got.the point am trying to bring out here is that some women are very understands and know that not in all things they share same right as men.
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by mukina2: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2006
harvey:

50-50 i wonder why ladies ain't talking why is it only makina or whatever her id is.

its[b] mukina2[/b]

harvey:

.the issue is that ladies are ladies sometimes they tend to want to be strong competitors but end up backing out when a difficult task arise

its always the men that chicken out sir! they start doubledating and start lying . . .
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by alexis(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2006
do men doubledate in Saudi Arabia?
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by ice234: 12:56am On Sep 24, 2010
50 50 no make sense
Re: 50-50, What's Your View? by chic2pimp(m): 2:32am On Sep 24, 2010
@ POST

It is easier said than done.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice, What Do I Do- Because I Love Her. / You Are A Mugu.you Are Not Sharp / Ladies Can You Deal With A Very Emotional Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.