Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! (28522 Views)

See What Happens To The Blackberry Priv After It Was Turned Over Fire / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 1:17am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Not android apps like cpu control, not android games like GTA sanadreas, try it and your bb Z30 will catch fire.

btw, Z10 doesn't run the google earth app close to tecno, not to talk of S4 , don't disgrace yourself because you are trying to defend a phone.

Your problem is ignorance, making false assumptions because something goes against your general belief. I need not make any false claim, it is a proven test.

Android apps are not designed specially, they are just coded to work on the Android platform except for some apps in the Google Play store that utlise the Google services Framework and thus will not run on the BB10 OS. Any pure Android or non GSF app will run easily and quite well on the Z30 with OS 10.2.1.1055

1 Like

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 1:19am On Dec 22, 2013
deejay_harry1: so how can the bb run those android apps that require root access before they run?

This kind of apps are an exception and they not not up to 0.5% of available Android apps. BTW, not all Android devices will run an app that requires Root access.

1 Like

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Dhurmynick(m): 1:28am On Dec 22, 2013
Akainzo:

This kind of apps are an exception and they not not up to 0.5% of available Android apps. BTW, not all Android devices will run an app that requires Root access.

Do you know that only 10 percent of Android apps can be sideloaded..
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by ogah042: 1:48am On Dec 22, 2013
that's wht am using currently the phone is more than android and the b3 last,the phone is machine
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by klens(m): 11:21am On Dec 22, 2013
This z30 supposed to to have been released since last two years when Samsung where rolling out S3, as apple does. The rival of BB Big screen phones Came late. many people has already ported to Android and iOS. check it up here, hottest selling Tab to rock this season, get our Ainol Ax1 Poseidon quad core MTK 6586,
16GB ROM, 3G, HDMI, with keyboard, leather case, OTG, pen, pouch, etc for only N33000, and w450
Android smart phone, 1GB RAM, 8MP, Quad core MTK 6582 ,supports OTG, 4.5 inch HD, 16000000 colours,
240dpi, benchmark score 17000 plus price so cheap via https://www.nairaland.com/1507902/hot-selling-
ainol-ax1-poseidon#19363147 , 08108131920 .
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by FozzieBear(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
4peace:

This comments seem from Java phone user cos I use android all thing u said about playstore were not correction check your stat very well.
Lolz 90% app useful in playstore,that is joke of the year

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by texazzpete(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Whatever your point of view is, one thing is clear:

The OP is misled. The Z30 is NOT a gamechanger. In fact, it's sold very poorly since it launched. No major carrier in the US will touch it, sales in Canada are lacklustre. Sales in the UK are pathetic. Barely anyone knows it's out in Nigeria and those who know aren't buying it.

The Nokia Lumia 520 is a gamechanger. Fluid, lovely phone running WP8 for $100. It sold like crazy.

Motorola's Moto G is a gamechanger. Excellent specs, stock Android. $179. It's selling like crazy.

BB10 phone sales are plunging farther than Kim Kardashian's necklines cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
texazzpete: Whatever your point of view is, one thing is clear:

The OP is misled. The Z30 is NOT a gamechanger. In fact, it's sold very poorly since it launched. No major carrier in the US will touch it , sales in Canada are lacklustre. Sales in the UK are pathetic. Barely anyone knows it's out in Nigeria and those who know aren't buying it.

The Nokia Lumia 520 is a gamechanger. Fluid, lovely phone running WP8 for $100. It sold like crazy.

Motorola's Moto G is a gamechanger. Excellent specs, stock Android. $179. It's selling like crazy.

BB10 phone sales are plunging farther than Kim Kardashian's necklines cheesy

At the bolded portioned your statement, I want to assume that Verizon is not a major US carrier or is it that Verizon is not in the US considering that Verizon does have an exclusive on the Z30 as of now.

In other news, the AT&T compatible version is already awaiting FCC approval, so you might want to get abreast of news.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by kelvinnn(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
pls does anyone knws hw much uk used z10 is bn sold in lagos?
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by texazzpete(m): 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Akainzo:

At the bolded portioned your statement, I want to assume that Verizon is not a major US carrier or is it that Verizon is not in the US considering that Verizon does have an exclusive on the Z30 as of now.

In other news, the AT&T compatible version is already awaiting FCC approval, so you might want to get abreast of news.

Good of you to cherry pick from my posts. I take it to mean you agree with me that the Z30 has been an unmitigated flop, and it's nothing deserving of the 'gamechanger' title.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
In other news, BlackBerry just announced a $4.4b loss in Q3. What did I hear you say the Z30 was again?? Game changer my a§§.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
texazzpete:

Good of you to cherry pick from my posts. I take it to mean you agree with me that the Z30 has been an unmitigated flop, and it's nothing deserving of the 'gamechanger' title.

You made various statements and I picked on the one that was patently False. You either admit that you were wrong in making that statement or prove it to be correct.

It being a flop is for the company to say. I personally feel the Z30 is an awesome device but it doesn't mean the company might see it as a game changer. Do you think that Google sees the Nexus 5 or the Motorola G as a gamechanger despite them being more successful than the Z30?
Until you know what the company positioned the Z30 for, then I won't call it a flop. Lackluster sales, Yes; Flop, No.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by texazzpete(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Akainzo:

You made various statements and I picked on the one that was patently False. You either admit that you were wrong in making that statement or prove it to be correct.

It being a flop is for the company to say. I personally feel the Z30 is an awesome device but it doesn't mean the company might see it as a game changer. Do you think that Google sees the Nexus 5 or the Motorola G as a gamechanger despite them being more successful than the Z30?
Until you know what the company positioned the Z30 for, then I won't call it a flop. Lackluster sales, Yes; Flop, No.

Yes, I admit to not picking up on the fact that Verizon were selling the Z30.
I also wish you would summon the courage to admit the Z30 was a flop. It was Blackberry's effort to show they could mix it at the high end. Unfortunately, it's sold very poorly.
So perhaps it is a game changer if for the fact that it has shown blackberry and john Chen that their only hope now lies in the low end of the consumer space cheesy

Nexus 5 is not a game changer. It was never positioned as such. Motorola moto g IS a game changer. It's racking up rave reviews and very decent sales in the UK, Asia and North America. It will sell well if they release it in nigeria. Google clearly sees Android kitkat as a game changer in its battle to capture the low end of the market. The Moto G is leading that wave.

Such a shame the people at Blackberry were so foolish in 2013. They needed a cheap handset running BB10. They delivered the relatively expensive Q5.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
texazzpete:

Yes, I admit to not picking up on the fact that Verizon were selling the Z30.
I also wish you would summon the courage to admit the Z30 was a flop. It was Blackberry's effort to show they could mix it at the high end. Unfortunately, it's sold very poorly.
So perhaps it is a game changer if for the fact that it has shown blackberry and john Chen that their only hope now lies in the low end of the consumer space cheesy

Nexus 5 is not a game changer. It was never positioned as such. Motorola moto g IS a game changer. It's racking up rave reviews and very decent sales in the UK, Asia and North America. It will sell well if they release it in nigeria. Google clearly sees Android kitkat as a game changer in its battle to capture the low end of the market. The Moto G is leading that wave.

Such a shame the people at Blackberry were so foolish in 2013. They needed a cheap handset running BB10. They delivered the relatively expensive Q5.

So in essence, to you, the game changer is relative to sales. Do you see the HTC One as a gamechanger for HTC then, considering it's relatively good sales though it's so well behind the Galaxy ranges?

What this implies is that, gamechanger qualifications are based on the company's intentions and from the Q3 earnings call, the Z30 is indeed a gamechanger for BlackBerry as it has clearly recognized that it's survival depends on getting BB10 into as many hands as possible hence its partnership with Foxconn to build low end devices.

However, on a balanced review, the Z30 outperforms both the S4 And HTC One except on Camera. Please do the check yourself or if you are willing, we can do it together.
Note: Performance is not based on simply comparing stated specs otherwise on simple specs, a GMC trailer would be outperforming the BMW X6.

1 Like

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Baroba(m): 2:02am On Dec 25, 2013
Grown men arguing and throwing insults regarding products developed in far away North America and Canada, please guys you can make your point without all these verbal. Both OS do have their benefits, I use both android and BB10 (Q10)

I particularly love the customisation android brings and those Google apps are equally important to me. The BB10 offers true multitasking with those crazy swipe gestures,active frames, the hub, and of course we all know of blackberry's world class renowned security. In my humble opinion hardware is very much overrated, a lot of high end phones running on latest SOC do not perform any better than phones that are well optimized.. QNX potential is immense but it certainly needs more developers to adopt and believe in it. Blackberry equally really need to look at their pricing, how on earth can the Q10 sell for almost £500, thats more expensive than the S4, HTC One, devices that a far more superior. Even though prices are dropping. The Moto G sells for £159 in the Uk that is if you can find one at the moment. I bought one just to have a stock experience, i still can't believe how good this phone is at the price its been sold.

I do sincerely hope Mr Chen brings some much needed change to revitalise the berry,personally, i think the ship has long sailed. Cheap androids and to an extent low end lumias are already driving the nail in their coffin. Sad really, the mobile space will be richer with more competitors not less of it.

As a guy with big hands, i struggled with touch keyboard, i just have to get a berry for those long emails and document editing.

My non techie 2 pence.

1 Like

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by texazzpete(m): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
Akainzo:

So in essence, to you, the game changer is relative to sales. Do you see the HTC One as a gamechanger for HTC then, considering it's relatively good sales though it's so well behind the Galaxy ranges?

Not sure if you're joking, but the HTC one didn't sell well. It wasn't a game changer since it merely continued the trend set by the One X before it.

Akainzo:

What this implies is that, gamechanger qualifications are based on the company's intentions and from the Q3 earnings call, the Z30 is indeed a gamechanger for BlackBerry as it has clearly recognized that it's survival depends on getting BB10 into as many hands as possible hence its partnership with Foxconn to build low end devices.

No. It depends on the execution and market impact, both areas in which the Z30 fails to stand out.
The partnership with Foxconn is less about getting BB10 into as many hands as possible and more to do with outsourcing inventory management to Foxconn to avoid another damaging write off from unsold inventory.

Akainzo:

However, on a balanced review, the Z30 outperforms both the S4 And HTC One except on Camera. Please do the check yourself or if you are willing, we can do it together.
Note: Performance is not based on simply comparing stated specs otherwise on simple specs, a GMC trailer would be outperforming the BMW X6.

Please keep your ill-advised trailer vs X6 analogy. It's laughable.
The S4 and have a better screen and a more powerful SoC. I'm not sure where you're getting your 'outperforms' statement from. Certainly not in synthetic benchmarks. Can you elaborate on this?
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2013
Akainzo:

Blackberry failed and flopped with the Z30. It ensured that they had a $4.4bn loss in Q3. So no, they didn't get what they wanted with the Z30, it was no way a game changer. http://www.phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-reports-massive-Q3-loss-takes-huge-charge-for-unsold-BlackBerry-10-handsets_id50590

Its obvious that you are just a blind fan of the brand, No "balanced review" shows that the z30 outperforms the S4 or HTC one. That's just what you want to think. If that would make you feel better, its allowed.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2013
Just gotta love fanboys.

the crackberry variant is just out of this world. *grabs popcorn*

meanwhile my predictions r coming to pass. Chen dude is hinting at bring more services to droid from the berry portfolio. no choice really grin
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
texazzpete:
Not sure if you're joking, but the HTC one didn't sell well. It wasn't a game changer since it merely continued the trend set by the One X before it.

No. It depends on the execution and market impact, both areas in which the Z30 fails to stand out.
The partnership with Foxconn is less about getting BB10 into as many hands as possible and more to do with outsourcing inventory management to Foxconn to avoid another damaging write off from unsold inventory.

Please keep your ill-advised trailer vs X6 analogy. It's laughable.
The S4 and have a better screen and a more powerful SoC. I'm not sure where you're getting your 'outperforms' statement from. Certainly not in synthetic benchmarks. Can you elaborate on this?

The Foxconn deal is MORE about building low end devices and getting them into peoples hand, with the structure being that Foxconn would manage the inventory and help to prevent the kind of write downs that occurred recently. However, BlackBerry would still be making the high end devices by themselves. This was made very clear in the earnings report.

If you read my post very well, nowhere did I say the Z10 had a more capable SoC than the S4, I said the implementation of the two OSes allowed Z10 to outperform the S4 when both are running the Google Earth application.
Benchmarks are what they are, the SoC doing crunch numbers or tasks but in real world, the Z10 does run a sideloaded Google Earth smoother than a S4. Note that the Samdung bloatware are not on the SoC when this benchmarks are done and this in real life have an effect on the performance of the device. Search the web and you'd see all the reported S4 lagging and people being advised to turn off or get rid of the Samsun bloatware. It might be due to the bloatware that Samsung packs its devices with, but that is the reality.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
caukerzee: Blackberry failed and flopped with the Z30. It ensured that they had a $4.4bn loss in Q3. So no, they didn't get what they wanted with the Z30, it was no way a game changer. http://www.phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-reports-massive-Q3-loss-takes-huge-charge-for-unsold-BlackBerry-10-handsets_id50590

Its obvious that you are just a blind fan of the brand, No "balanced review" shows that the z30 outperforms the S4 or HTC one. That's just what you want to think. If that would make you feel better, its allowed.

Read my post and what BlackBerry said in their earnings call, the write down was majorly due to unsold Q10 inventory and as of today the AT&T Z30 is still making its way through FCC approval.

Well you can call me a fan, and yes I am. I love all things tech and I have access to all the best smartphones in the world and appreciate their different areas of strength. You on the other hand, just follows the news and so make un-informed statements. Have you used a Z30 for a charge cycle before? Use one and then report back.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
Akainzo:

Read my post and what BlackBerry said in their earnings call, the write down was majorly due to unsold Q10 inventory and as of today the AT&T Z30 is still making its way through FCC approval.

Well you can call me a fan, and yes I am. I love all things tech and I have access to all the best smartphones in the world and appreciate their different areas of strength. You on the other hand, just follows the news and so make un-informed statements. Have you used a Z30 for a charge cycle before? Use one and then report back.
I also have access to the best tech gadgets. Difference is I don't just take every shit simply because it has some shitty brand name on it. I've Used a Z30 extensively and I really do hate it because it lacks many things I could get from other Android OEMs' flagships. Things I got with a 2012 flagship. BlackBerry is backward.
Are we talking about the problematic and poor camera, terrible contact management or the scary bezels, poor viewing angles, 16gb of internal storage??!?? Like seriously in this time of mobile tech? It was fûcking buggy, apps constantly crashing made me want to smash the phone to the wall. Lack of removable battery (personal con) and what nailed its coffin for me is the poor array of app selection coupled with the fact that without topnotch specs, it's sill overly effing overpriced. The only thing I can commed on the phone is the UI and design (even though they copied HTC with that).

And no, the loss was not due to the unsold Q10 units only, it's the entire BB10 OS line. Fanboys gone lie tho.
Part of the problem is that the new BlackBerry 10 models just are not catching on with consumers. Of the 4.3 million BlackBerry units sold in the three month period, 3.2 million were BlackBerry 7 OS models. That is quite a revealing, and disturbing, piece of data.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-reports-massive-Q3-loss-takes-huge-charge-for-unsold-BlackBerry-10-handsets_id50590
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
Akainzo:

The Foxconn deal is MORE about building low end devices and getting them into peoples hand, with the structure being that Foxconn would manage the inventory and help to prevent the kind of write downs that occurred recently. However, BlackBerry would still be making the high end devices by themselves. This was made very clear in the earnings report.

If you read my post very well, nowhere did I say the Z10 had a more capable SoC than the S4, I said the implementation of the two OSes allowed Z10 to outperform the S4 when both are running the Google Earth application.
Benchmarks are what they are, the SoC doing crunch numbers or tasks but in real world, the Z10 does run a sideloaded Google Earth smoother than a S4. Note that the Samdung bloatware are not on the SoC when this benchmarks are done and this in real life have an effect on the performance of the device. Search the web and you'd see all the reported S4 lagging and people being advised to turn off or get rid of the Samsun bloatware. It might be due to the bloatware that Samsung packs its devices with, but that is the reality.
TROLL DETECTED!!! I'm not surprised tho. Signature of a typical BB fanboy.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
caukerzee: I also have access to the best tech gadgets. Difference is I don't just take every shit simply because it has some shitty brand name on it. I've Used a Z30 extensively and I really do hate it because it lacks many things I could get from other Android OEMs' flagships. Things I got with a 2012 flagship. BlackBerry is backward.
Are we talking about the problematic and poor camera, terrible contact management or the scary bezels, poor viewing angles, 16gb of internal storage??!?? Like seriously in this time of mobile tech? It was fûcking buggy, apps constantly crashing made me want to smash the phone to the wall. Lack of removable battery (personal con) and what nailed its coffin for me is the poor array of app selection coupled with the fact that without topnotch specs, it's sill overly effing overpriced. The only thing I can commed on the phone is the UI and design (even though they copied HTC with that).

And no, the loss was not due to the unsold Q10 units only, it's the entire BB10 OS line. Fanboys gone lie tho.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-reports-massive-Q3-loss-takes-huge-charge-for-unsold-BlackBerry-10-handsets_id50590

I will address you points one by one.

- Backward? BlackBerry has had NFC since 2011 like all the Android flagship phones but iPhone 5s still doesn't have it, so does that make the 5S backwards?
BB10 has Share to all, WiFi Direct and Miracast unlike the iPhone 5S and yet the 5S is not backwards? You, may not go with the brandname, but you definitely go with the joneses in bandying words around that you can't substantiate.

- Camera: Good point, the camera could have been better. I am quite disappointed that they stuck with the Z10 camera.

- Contact Management: Hmmm, not the BB10 OS. That OS has the best unified contacts management of all smartphones. User errors are the reasons for most issues as many may not understand its concept. Once you grasp it, you would see the bright spot in it, a single unified way of managing and communicating with your contacts.

- Bezel: It is there for gestures. Is the bezel on the Z30 any worse that on HTC One?

- Poor Viewing Angle: I am quite surprised at this statement. It is the same AMOLED on the Z30 as on the S4, so where are you getting your fix from?

-16GB of Storage: Funny that you criticize it for that, in 2013 Iphone 5S, Galaxy S4, LG G2, Nexus 5 ALL come in 16GB variants, so where is your issue. PLUS, it supports 64GB of external storage.

-Laggy: I call total and complete BULLSHIT on this one! Which app did you run on the Z30 that was buggy and laggy, which one?

- App Selection: Sure the BB World does not have the millions of apps s presently in the Google Play or Apple Store, but remember that the BB10 World is only about a year old. BTW, same question: As the BB World was sparce, which app did you run that was laggy and buggy?

- Q3 Earning Call: I need to spell it out for you again, the write down does not include the Z30 as there is no way that the sales on the Z30 that was released after the close of the Q3 timeline would be covered in a Q3 report. Q3 sales period is July, August and September 2013 while the Z30 was released in October 2013. Hope you get it now.

All in all, what you got great specs are all the Snapdragon 800 bs 400, Adreno 320 vs 400 talk. Like I said, these SoCs are not the final authority on the overall performance of the device itself. The Z30 is still more fluid that the S4, just like the 4S is more fluid than the S4 despite the so-called "better" specs on the S4.
While at it, please read about the Benchmark Scandals here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/futuremark-delists-cheating-samsung-galaxy-note-htc-one/

2 Likes

Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
caukerzee: TROLL DETECTED!!! I'm not surprised tho. Signature of a typical BB fanboy.

You call me a troll while a self confessed BlackBerry enthusiast is talking about a BlackBerry Z30? My friend, go and check out the meaning of "Troll".

You might want to also have a look at the below url
i. http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5023658/samsung-fined-340000-for-posting-negative-htc-reviews
ii. http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/24/samsung-fined-340k-for-fake-online-reviews-and-comments-by-taiwan/
iii. http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/futuremark-delists-cheating-samsung-galaxy-note-htc-one/
iv. http://www.cultofandroid.com/43681/samsung-fined-for-paying-students-to-write-bad-reviews-about-htc-devices/

You will see all the good stuff you've been falling for.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
Akainzo:

- Backward? BlackBerry has had NFC since 2011 like all the Android flagship phones but iPhone 5s still doesn't have it, so does that make the 5S backwards?
BB10 has Share to all, WiFi Direct and Miracast unlike the iPhone 5S and yet the 5S is not backwards? You, may not go with the brandname, but you definitely go with the joneses in bandying words around that you can't substantiate.
I (on this very forum) and many other tech sites have often criticized Apple's app and file sharing processes so I do not know what you're talking about. You know what is backward? 720p on such a Large screen. The now widely popular panorama mode is still missing from Blackberry.What’s bad: The boot-up time of the phone takes at least one minute if not more. That is a lot compared to most flagship devices in the market. Apart from the lack-lustre App World, even the navigation on the phone needs training and some getting used to. The phone’s OS even though has a decently impressive upgrade, is decades behind the Android and iOS devices. Both have immersive markets, competitive features and constant upgrades leaving Blackberry without much zeal. During my experience with the phone, the device took a while to wake up. The power button had to be literally threatened on occasions to finally forcefully get the phone active again. The lowly Maps app and the force installation of Blackberry Link on your PC is also cumbersome and discouraging. One thing that bothers me is the non-removable battery. Being on the road most of the time, it poses a great threat for damage. The cost of repair with the in-built battery raises some questions. The back cover is huge let-down....I can go on and on and on....

- Camera: Good point, the camera could have been better. I am quite disappointed that they stuck with the Z10 camera.
Real poor.

- Contact Management: Hmmm, not the BB10 OS. That OS has the best unified contacts management of all smartphones. User errors are the reasons for most issues as many may not understand its concept. Once you grasp it, you would see the bright spot in it, a single unified way of managing and communicating with your contacts.
Are you Just being a fanboy or actually haven't used the device before? Any contact that has been manually linked or unlinked at some point becomes ineligible for automatic linking. This helps prevent undoing any link corrections made by the user. Even if you turn on wireless synchronization with Gmail, you see different set of contacts unless BlackBerry forms the links among like
Entries automatically.
- Bezel: It is there for gestures. Is the bezel on the Z30 any worse that on HTC One?
Smaller bezels = More comfortable to hold.

- Poor Viewing Angle: I am quite surprised at this statement. It is the same AMOLED on the Z30 as on the S4, so where are you getting your fix from?
What matters s how well the phone maker implements it. BB is bad at that.

-16GB of Storage: Funny that you criticize it for that, in 2013 Iphone 5S, Galaxy S4, LG G2, Nexus 5 ALL come in 16GB variants, so where is your issue. PLUS, it supports 64GB of external storage.
Except that the others you mentioned above also have 32GB and 64GB variants for high memory users unlike BB. Eternal storage you say, but external storage is meant for media files alone. Apps and games can't be stored on there.

-Laggy: I call total and complete BULLSHIT on this one! Which app did you run on the Z30 that was buggy and laggy, which one?
Show me what part of my comment said it was laggy? You can't read or what? All I said is that it was buggy and apps kept crashing. The reviews will agree with me on this.

- App Selection: Sure the BB World does not have the millions of apps s presently in the Google Play or Apple Store, but remember that the BB10 World is only about a year old. BTW, same question: As the BB World was sparce, which app did you run that was laggy and buggy?
It's not about the app world being one year old. If the OS was very product able and profitable, it will attract developers right away which is not the case. Just recently, twitter pulled out the latest version of the app from the BB app world. Need I say more?

- Q3 Earning Call: I need to spell it out for you again, the write down does not include the Z30 as there is no way that the sales on the Z30 that was released after the close of the Q3 timeline would be covered in a Q3 report. Q3 sales period is July, August and September 2013 while the Z30 was released in October 2013. Hope you get it now.
No such thing as sales Being too early to be announced. Apple announced the sales of the 5s one week after its release, Samsung and LG, one month after the Gs4 and G2 were released respectively. Same with most other smartphone flagship. Not even dwelling on that. There are articles all over the internet about the Z30's disappointing sales. Use Google. The report clearly stated that the loss was due to unsold devices from the entire BB10 OS line. No distinction was made.

All in all, what you got great specs are all the Snapdragon 800 bs 400, Adreno 320 vs 400 talk. Like I said, these SoCs are not the final authority on the overall performance of the device itself. The Z30 is still more fluid that the S4, just like the 4S is more fluid than the S4 despite the so-called "better" specs on the S4.
While at it, please read about the Benchmark Scandals here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/futuremark-delists-cheating-samsung-galaxy-note-htc-one/
Through out the six months with my GS4, I've experienced no Lag. iPhone 4s more fluid than the S4? Biggest joke of 2013...LMAO. The 4s, since receiving iOS 6&7 Lags like hell. Obviously, you'be been brainwashed by the iMedia. Z30? You know the Gs4's superiority over it when to try HD games in both of them. Benchmark cheating? Except that everyone does it. Plus those numbers mean nothing. What matters is the real life experience.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Akainzo:

I (on this very forum) and many other tech sites have often criticized Apple's app and file sharing processes so I do not know what you're talking about. You know what is backward? 720p on such a Large screen. The now widely popular panorama mode is still missing from Blackberry.What’s bad: The boot-up time of the phone takes at least one minute if not more. That is a lot compared to most flagship devices in the market. Apart from the lack-lustre App World, even the navigation on the phone needs training and some getting used to. The phone’s OS even though has a decently impressive upgrade, is decades behind the Android and iOS devices. Both have immersive markets, competitive features and constant upgrades leaving Blackberry without much zeal. During my experience with the phone, the device took a while to wake up. The power button had to be literally threatened on occasions to finally forcefully get the phone active again. The lowly Maps app and the force installation of Blackberry Link on your PC is also cumbersome and discouraging. One thing that bothers me is the non-removable battery. Being on the road most of the time, it poses a great threat for damage. The cost of repair with the in-built battery raises some questions. The back cover is huge let-down....I can go on and on and on....

Real poor.

Are you Just being a fanboy or actually haven't used the device before? Any contact that has been manually linked or unlinked at some point becomes ineligible for automatic linking. This helps prevent undoing any link corrections made by the user. Even if you turn on wireless synchronization with Gmail, you see different set of contacts unless BlackBerry forms the links among like
Entries automatically.

Except that the others you mentioned above also have 32GB and 64GB variants for high memory users unlike BB. Eternal storage you say, but external storage is meant for media files alone. Apps and games can't be stored on there.

Show me what part of my comment said it was laggy? You can't read or what? All I said is that it was buggy and apps kept crashing. The reviews will agree with me on this.

It's not about the app world being one year old. If the OS was very product able and profitable, it will attract developers right away which is not the case. Just recently, twitter pulled out the latest version of the app from the BB app world. Need I say more?

No such thing as sales Being too early to be announced. Apple announced the sales of the 5s one week after its release, Samsung and LG, one month after the Gs4 and G2 were released respectively. Same with most other smartphone flagship. Not even dwelling on that. There are articles all over the internet about the Z30's disappointing sales. Use Google. The report clearly stated that the loss was due to unsold devices from the entire BB10 OS line. No distinction was made.

Through out the six months with my GS4, I've experienced no Lag. iPhone 4s more fluid than the S4? Biggest joke of 2013...LMAO. The 4s, since receiving iOS 6&7 Lags like hell. Obviously, you'be been brainwashed by the iMedia. Z30? You know the Gs4's superiority over it when to try HD games in both of them. Benchmark cheating? Except that everyone does it. Plus those numbers mean nothing. What matters is the real life experience.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
Akainzo:

You call me a troll while a self confessed BlackBerry enthusiast is talking about a BlackBerry Z30? My friend, go and check out the meaning of "Troll".

You might want to also have a look at the below url
i. http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5023658/samsung-fined-340000-for-posting-negative-htc-reviews
ii. http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/24/samsung-fined-340k-for-fake-online-reviews-and-comments-by-taiwan/
iii. http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/futuremark-delists-cheating-samsung-galaxy-note-htc-one/
iv. http://www.cultofandroid.com/43681/samsung-fined-for-paying-students-to-write-bad-reviews-about-htc-devices/

You will see all the good stuff you've been falling for.
You called Samsung 'Samdung'. And this post my friend, just cemented your status as troll. If being a brand enthusiast involves bringing down others to make yours look or seem better, that makes you a troll.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
caukerzee: You called Samsung 'Samdung'. And this post my friend, just cemented your status as troll. If being a brand enthusiast involves bringing down others to make yours look or seem better, that makes you a troll.

You are quite a character! I have been pointing out the good points of a BlackBerry Z30 phone, on a BlackBerry Z30 thread and you come around shouting "Troll" at me for disproving your Samsung is better statements? Haba, get a better understanding of things before you post.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by Akainzo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
caukerzee: I (on this very forum) and many other tech sites have often criticized Apple's app and file sharing processes so I do not know what you're talking about. You know what is backward? 720p on such a Large screen. The now widely popular panorama mode is still missing from Blackberry.What’s bad: The boot-up time of the phone takes at least one minute if not more. That is a lot compared to most flagship devices in the market. Apart from the lack-lustre App World, even the navigation on the phone needs training and some getting used to. The phone’s OS even though has a decently impressive upgrade, is decades behind the Android and iOS devices. Both have immersive markets, competitive features and constant upgrades leaving Blackberry without much zeal. During my experience with the phone, the device took a while to wake up. The power button had to be literally threatened on occasions to finally forcefully get the phone active again. The lowly Maps app and the force installation of Blackberry Link on your PC is also cumbersome and discouraging. One thing that bothers me is the non-removable battery. Being on the road most of the time, it poses a great threat for damage. The cost of repair with the in-built battery raises some questions. The back cover is huge let-down....I can go on and on and on....

Immersed in your above quotes are clear and blatant lies. The Power button of the Z30 had to be literally threatened, kai, you are lost in your own world!

caukerzee: Are you Just being a fanboy or actually haven't used the device before? Any contact that has been manually linked or unlinked at some point becomes ineligible for automatic linking. This helps prevent undoing any link corrections made by the user. Even if you turn on wireless synchronization with Gmail, you see different set of contacts unless BlackBerry forms the links among like
Entries automatically.

Learn my friend. The system learns what you have instructed. It automatically linked 2 contacts, you the owner, went ahead and unlinked them, it therefore learns this and never links them again. What is so hard to understand about this philosophy?
The Gmail contact issues were with the release 10.0 of the OS and this was because Google itself changed the way it handled both CardDAV and the contact app and unfortunately, the OS was already pre-loaded onto the phones before this update by Google. The OS 10.2 had corrected this issue. Its like bringing up the argument of iOS not having Copy and Paste in its first release in a discussion of iOS in 2013. Haba!

caukerzee:

Hmmm, no facts just personal opinions seeing as the 2 flagships of Android uses the same thing as Z30 but you cover its with the above. Enuff said.

caukerzee:

Except that you fail to also note that some also do not have the External storage. But address different needs, you need tons of games stored get a 32/64GB phone, many do not buy phones for games once they start being immersed in serious work.

caukerzee: Show me what part of my comment said it was laggy? You can't read or what? All I said is that it was buggy and apps kept crashing. The reviews will agree with me on this.

Granted you didn't use "laggy" directly, however you said "buggy and crashing" and that only results in lag. Or are there any other consequences to apps being buggy and crashing or than the device becoming laggy and unstable?

caukerzee: It's not about the app world being one year old. If the OS was very product able and profitable, it will attract developers right away which is not the case. Just recently, twitter pulled out the latest version of the app from the BB app world. Need I say more?

What was app count in the Google playstore after one year? What was the count in the Windows Store after one year? The app situation is a classic chicken an egg case, the dev wont come except the platform gain traction; the platform wont gain platform except the apps are there.

Your ignorance is really amusing. Twitter DID NOT pull any app from the AppWorld, BlackBerry pulled the app from the AppWorld. Let me increase your so called tech knowledge, BlackBerry builds the Twitter app and pulled it because some users (notably US users still on the 10.1 ) cos it was having issues with their OS. Presently, I am using that same 10.2.2 update on my Z30 as I got it before it was pulled.

caukerzee:

You are irredeemable. There is a difference between announcing sales figures and ales figures announced at an Earning Call. Sales figures are normal routine and is at the discretion of the company to announce, however at Earning Call / Quarter disclosures, this are statutory mandates to back up financial figures for that SPECIFIC QUARTER not the ongoing business.

caukerzee:

Sure you have experienced no lag on your GS4, and good for you. However many have experienced lag on their GS4 so what is the issue. Google is still your friend and available on the GS4, use it.
Now you talk about HD games as if they are all standardised. The HD game for Android is optimised for Android, likewise the one for iOS is optimised for iOS thus on both platforms, you are most likely going to go away with the same satisfied experience.

Hmmm, not everyone is cheating. It is the hallmark of thieves to want o generalize. Show me where BB is cheating otherwise NOT EVERYONE IS CHEATING.

I see that you are back to what I have been saying all the time, that specs or benchmarks do not matter, what is paramount is the Real Life User Experience. Good. Now go get yourself a Z30 and experience it first hand, or PM me for a private hands on and then be amazed.
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by xtervaganza(m): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Fozzie Bear:
Dude I donno whr U got ur info from, but the Z10 has 1GB of RAM.
blackberry z10 has 2gig ram!

Hating is one thing, lying to prove your point us idiotic

P.s I'm an android user
Re: The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! by caukerzee(m): 3:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Akainzo:

Immersed in your above quotes are clear and blatant lies. The Power button of the Z30 had to be literally threatened, kai, you are lost in your own world!
In your own words(edited):
"Sure you have experienced any of these problems on your Z30 (really doubt tho), and good for you. However many have these problems on their Z30 so what is the issue. Google is still your friend and available on the Z30, use it."

Learn my friend. The system learns what you have instructed. It automatically linked 2 contacts, you the owner, went ahead and unlinked them, it therefore learns this and never links them again. What is so hard to understand about this philosophy?
The Gmail contact issues were with the release 10.0 of the OS and this was because Google itself changed the way it handled both CardDAV and the contact app and unfortunately, the OS was already pre-loaded onto the phones before this update by Google. The OS 10.2 had corrected this issue. Its like bringing up the argument of iOS not having Copy and Paste in its first release in a discussion of iOS in 2013. Haba!
There should be ability of automatic linking subsequently even after first time unlinking. This is indeed a problem. Admit it. And no, update didn't fix shit. This is a phone I actually owned. Just so you know.

Hmmm, no facts just personal opinions seeing as the 2 flagships of Android uses the same thing as Z30 but you cover its with the above. Enuff said.
anti-reflection absorption increases with higher PPI, chance higher aspect ratio.

Except that you fail to also note that some also do not have the External storage. But address different needs, you need tons of games stored get a 32/64GB phone, many do not buy phones for games once they start being immersed in serious work.
Higher internal storage variants are meant to compensate for lack of external storage. Who the hell prioritizes games? There are lots utility, sports, banking, news, educational apps that makes life easier for one (games too are important of course). These apps and games take lots of space hence larger internal storage is very much needed.
I wonder why you concluded I buy phones for games. undecided .

Granted you didn't use "laggy" directly, however you said "buggy and crashing" and that only results in lag. Or are there any other consequences to apps being buggy and crashing or than the device becoming laggy and unstable?
Yes, there was UI lag atimes. The bug reporter that pops up every 2-3 hours (which is really annoying) is an indication that BLACKBERRY did t in preparation for the buggy UI. You want to know the bugs? The lockscreen sometimes freezes, camera app randomly crashes and Blackberry Hub also freezes often, especially when you’re trying to reply twitter messages right from the hub. In fact, within my first few hours of handling the Z30, I had to restart the device at least thrice to fix Blackberry Hub. I don’t have photo op proof for these so you’ll just have to take my word for it. I also had to do dozens of reruns for my benchmark tests as the OS kept crashing, obviously because the Z30′s CPU is easily overworked (Reason why those specs are important and why you may just be overrating BB's software optimization bto its hardware. BB OS ain't no iOS man. You wish)

What was app count in the Google playstore after one year? What was the count in the Windows Store after one year? The app situation is a classic chicken an egg case, the dev wont come except the platform gain traction; the platform wont gain platform except the apps are there.

Your ignorance is really amusing. Twitter DID NOT pull any app from the AppWorld, BlackBerry pulled the app from the AppWorld. Let me increase your so called tech knowledge, BlackBerry builds the Twitter app and pulled it because some users (notably US users still on the 10.1 ) cos it was having issues with their OS. Presently, I am using that same 10.2.2 update on my Z30 as I got it before it was pulled.
My poit exactly. The platform is not attractive enough to attract developers and that's because BB is not doing their home work. Google has declined to develop for BB for these same reasons. Androids app count one after it was made open source? I can't tell but, what I know is that the app ecosystem grew way faster than that of BB in the same time frame.

You are irredeemable. There is a difference between announcing sales figures and ales figures announced at an Earning Call. Sales figures are normal routine and is at the discretion of the company to announce, however at Earning Call / Quarter disclosures, this are statutory mandates to back up financial figures for that SPECIFIC QUARTER not the ongoing business.
You speak as though the sales figures do not relate o the earning call. Z30 has had disappointing sales (use Google) which was that initial argument.

Sure you have experienced no lag on your GS4, and good for you. However many have experienced lag on their GS4 so what is the issue. Google is still your friend and available on the GS4, use it.
Now you talk about HD games as if they are all standardised. The HD game for Android is optimised for Android, likewise the one for iOS is optimised for iOS thus on both platforms, you are most likely going to go away with the same satisfied experience.
This only further proves my point that the so clled BB optimization is overrated if the same HD games that run on my GS4 constantly crash on the Z30.

Hmmm, not everyone is cheating. It is the hallmark of thieves to want o generalize. Show me where BB is cheating otherwise NOT EVERYONE IS CHEATING.

I see that you are back to what I have been saying all the time, that specs or benchmarks do not matter, what is paramount is the Real Life User Experience. Good. Now go get yourself a Z30 and experience it first hand, or PM me for a private hands on and then be amazed.
Every phone manufacturer cheats but that's argument for another day. Benchmarks? Not so important but Specs matter a lot. My previous replies in this post have proven that. Even the iOS that is hailed for optimization is disadvantaged in some areas for not having some of these top notch specs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Phone Is Gradually Turning Me To Something Else(help/advice) / LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.