Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change (28499 Views)

The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Appleā€™s Iphones / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? / How Apple Might Likely Change The PC Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Apple iPhones are officially going to end up like blackberry soon. If you follow this blog, a couple of weeks ago I made a post about Apple losing about $57b , if you missed that post you can find it here - Apple Loses $57b .

This week I'm going to be closely analysing how Apple's iPhone downfall is just starting and how they might end up like BlackBerry if they don't start being innovative.

Apple enjoys the position it has currently based on the fact that in 2006 when the first iPhone was launched there wasn't any strong competitor and also due to the fact they have total control over their operating system something Google plans to have with the release of Fuschia OS.

Apple iPhones Coming With Recycled Features

Starting from the iPhone 7 to the the current iPhone XS Max , Apple has not added anything substantial to their devices apart from removing the headphone jack and adding a notch. All Apple does is change the processor and flip the cameras. Take a look at the image below and see if you can actually guess the phones in the image -

Then take a look at this second image with the names of the phones below them.

Also like every year a couple of leaks about how Apple's new phone - The iPhone XI would look have also surfaced and here are the most popular ones so far

Still in the flipping camera business eh?

It's one thing to recycle designs and features and a totally different thing to make them exorbitant. Make a quick Google search to compare the cost of upgrading from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS Max considering the only difference is that the devices.

Apple iPhones Are No Longer For Consumers

Apple has stopped developing phones for the users, all they are after is the money. Even Tim Cook confessed at some point last year that they were slowing older iPhones down. They want to force iOS users to upgrade so they can make more money.

I get the fact that every brand is out to make money but don't force your users to do something they don't want to and still extort them on top.

Why do users have to buy the fast charging cable differently, buy the Airpods differently and also buy the wireless charger differently?

By the time you calculate how much users have to spend to get the most out of their device , you can use it to get a very good laptop, a brand new Android Phone and a smart watch coupled with a wireless headset.

I'll be honest, Apple truly has added a lot in the world of mobile technology as we know it but they are really running out of ideas and if they refuse to start innovating they will lose out. Blackberry felt nobody could oust them from the mobile scene and we all know where that got them. Nokia too.

Take a look at this chart showing the market share of the top smartphone brands in the world

If you look closely , you can see how Apple shipments dropped in the second quarter of 2018.

You can't even say Apple has the best camera in the world right now. The Google Pixel 3 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro has even pushed it further down the chart. I know some people might say that the pricing is because Apple is a Premium company so they have to make premium products. Vertu was a premium brand too before they went off the grid completely.

It's obvious everything is moving too fast and Apple can't seem to keep up anymore . Also due to their current problem with Qualcomm , Apple is even looking to partner with Mediatek to be able to add 5G to their devices

With devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 coming with mind blowing specifications for just $150 (N60,000) and flagship devices from Huawei , Oppo and Vivo coming at a lesser price than the Apple devices, Apple should definitely sit up or they'll lose out on the mobile sector they have dominated for so long.

I know a couple of people might say I'm an Android Fan that's why I'm saying all of this but trust me I have nothing against Apple. This post was even written from an Apple Macbook.

All I'm trying to say is Apple should make the upgrade worth the price, if they can't they can chose to release phones once in two years , at least none of us would complain about their camera flipping antics.

I know many Nigerian iPhone users probably won't mind if Apple keeps extorting them because most of them only buy it to convince themselves they have some sort of class. Some of them don't even know what Airdrop does or that they can text another iPhone user on iMessage and some others play music via Xender and Opera Mini.

Apple should do what's expected as soon as possible or win a ticket to oblivion

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/apple-iphones-will-end-up-like-blackberry.html

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by dara5: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
10 WAYS LADIES ACT TO AVOID SEX WHEN THEY VISIT GUYS - MUST READ

READ HERE :

https://adehurhnew..com/2019/01/10-ways-ladies-act-to-avoid-intercourse.html

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by luluosas(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
You mean it?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Change to tekno or huawei?

All tech gadgets and even cars come with recycled features, any company claiming
otherwise is lying.

The biggest mistake apple will make is become a commodity for everyone.
People don't buy iphone because they want to make calls or browse(tekno or huawei can do that),
they buy it to show class.

161 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by stigmond(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
I knew it before now... The new iPhone Xmax camera is not that good compared to what it use to be ....

2 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ok
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
You complain Apple is having monopoly over their Os as the reason behind their fall and at same time praise Google for developing their own Os Fuschai

What an irony. Apple has so many patents and services that would keep them in game till next generation. Stop hating success

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by GOFRONT(m): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
angry

Enough of iphone and berry phones....

When will Peanut phones come in??

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Checked86: 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Apple knows how to skip market. Forget, they will remain selling as far as their prices do not come down.

3 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Elijah4332: 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Thats why i love Samsung..
They're always bringing new styles..

Apple ti ni problem grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Some of the comments on the thread originate from ignorance. The people saying apple product is for class don't even mind that apple is going down. Yes I used to be an iPhone user, I remember in 2014 here on Nairaland when I was team apple, I got into several arguments involving the iPhone but I grew up to see that it's overrated piece of hardware. It became clear when they released the 8 and X. They need to start spacing out releases and stop churning out crap every year. If you want to release a phone for the next generation, ensure you do so and maximize it's power to bring something new. We can't be in generation 7 and you release a generation 5 phone claiming it is generation 7 and just because your hardware has the apple logo we should all respect it and bow down to it. Tim Cook's time is up, they should bring someone fresh

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by luckihy: 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
Well written article. Thumbs up.

7 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by BonkoINC: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by BonkoINC: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
lalasticlala mynd44

pls do something about these spammers above my post .. they re always littering any post you guys push to the front page, its becoming annoying

2 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by jericco1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Winningodd095:
See below
Oga go find job do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Hardheolar(m): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by tonyechere: 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2019
Nice One, well construed Analysis
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by SanLorrenzo(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
Guy abeg add me on Whatsapp we have same mindsets
NaijaTechGuy:
Apple iPhones are officially going to end up like blackberry soon. If you follow this blog, a couple of weeks ago I made a post about Apple losing about $57b , if you missed that post you can find it here - Apple Loses $57b .

This week I'm going to be closely analysing how Apple's iPhone downfall is just starting and how they might end up like BlackBerry if they don't start being innovative.

Apple enjoys the position it has currently based on the fact that in 2006 when the first iPhone was launched there wasn't any strong competitor and also due to the fact they have total control over their operating system something Google plans to have with the release of Fuschia OS.

Apple iPhones Coming With Recycled Features

Starting from the iPhone 7 to the the current iPhone XS Max , Apple has not added anything substantial to their devices apart from removing the headphone jack and adding a notch. All Apple does is change the processor and flip the cameras. Take a look at the image below and see if you can actually guess the phones in the image -

Then take a look at this second image with the names of the phones below them.

Also like every year a couple of leaks about how Apple's new phone - The iPhone XI would look have also surfaced and here are the most popular ones so far

Still in the flipping camera business eh?

It's one thing to recycle designs and features and a totally different thing to make them exorbitant. Make a quick Google search to compare the cost of upgrading from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS Max considering the only difference is that the devices.

Apple iPhones Are No Longer For Consumers

Apple has stopped developing phones for the users, all they are after is the money. Even Tim Cook confessed at some point last year that they were slowing older iPhones down. They want to force iOS users to upgrade so they can make more money.

I get the fact that every brand is out to make money but don't force your users to do something they don't want to and still extort them on top.

Why do users have to buy the fast charging cable differently, buy the Airpods differently and also buy the wireless charger differently?

By the time you calculate how much users have to spend to get the most out of their device , you can use it to get a very good laptop, a brand new Android Phone and a smart watch coupled with a wireless headset.

I'll be honest, Apple truly has added a lot in the world of mobile technology as we know it but they are really running out of ideas and if they refuse to start innovating they will lose out. Blackberry felt nobody could oust them from the mobile scene and we all know where that got them. Nokia too.

Take a look at this chart showing the market share of the top smartphone brands in the world

If you look closely , you can see how Apple shipments dropped in the second quarter of 2018.

You can't even say Apple has the best camera in the world right now. The Google Pixel 3 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro has even pushed it further down the chart. I know some people might say that the pricing is because Apple is a Premium company so they have to make premium products. Vertu was a premium brand too before they went off the grid completely.

It's obvious everything is moving too fast and Apple can't seem to keep up anymore . Also due to their current problem with Qualcomm , Apple is even looking to partner with Mediatek to be able to add 5G to their devices

With devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 coming with mind blowing specifications for just $150 (N60,000) and flagship devices from Huawei , Oppo and Vivo coming at a lesser price than the Apple devices, Apple should definitely sit up or they'll lose out on the mobile sector they have dominated for so long.

I know a couple of people might say I'm an Android Fan that's why I'm saying all of this but trust me I have nothing against Apple. This post was even written from an Apple Macbook.

All I'm trying to say is Apple should make the upgrade worth the price, if they can't they can chose to release phones once in two years , at least none of us would complain about their camera flipping antics.

I know many Nigerian iPhone users probably won't mind if Apple keeps extorting them because most of them only buy it to convince themselves they have some sort of class. Some of them don't even know what Airdrop does or that they can text another iPhone user on iMessage and some others play music via Xender and Opera Mini.

Apple should do what's expected as soon as possible or win a ticket to oblivion

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/apple-iphones-will-end-up-like-blackberry.html
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Newcastle78: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
truth
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ollah2: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
You complain Apple is having monopoly over their Os as the reason behind their fall and at same time praise Google for developing their own Os Fuschai

What an irony. Apple has so many patents and services that would keep them in game till next generation. Stop hating success

Google is developing Fushia for next generation of technology. It has nothing to do with Apple. Secondly, if those patents and services are as great as you made it look Apple wouldn't fall from 1st position to 4th position in Forbes list of richest companies.

Relax and take a deep breathe

22 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Flattino(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
Fallacy

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Phone Is Gradually Turning Me To Something Else(help/advice) / Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone / LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.