Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (30938 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
May their gentle soul rest in peace, bt i cn assure u dat d robber will serve a great punishment. D law of karma
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by SPEED5: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
nerodenero: Ode!Is Nigeria safe?Comment like this get me mad.Crimes are perpetuated all over the world even in countries with the best securities.Nawa for you o.
Shot up are not d ones SW dat always tribalise news from d SE.
NB kwara state is SW DUN.CE

2 Likes

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by babaireti(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
affrikka: I like it
You like it? how? why? are you a Vampire? or thirsty of blood? God have mercy for Nigeria
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Whoso sheds man's blood, by man shall his bloo be shed
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by genlion: 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
snika: And then they said Southwest is safe.
who told u kwara state is south west. u better be sure of urself before posting false tins. kwara state is north central for ur info
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by SPEED5: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
[Mod] Tribalistic comment condemning tribalistic comments removed.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Uwakuwak(f): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
jeamie: First page...am getn dear
u try clap for ur self
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by babaireti(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
SPEED5: Were are d ewedu mouthed bigots that rant that SW is safe.
Yolubas are the problem in this country. Their tribalism is amazing
Your English is as bad as your comment.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jhidey08(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
SPEED5:
Shot up are not d ones SW dat always tribalise news from d SE.
NB kwara state is SW DUN.CE
google is ur friend, ask it b4 making fun of urself here. Kwara na North Central. Or aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ u confused cos of d language dey speak?
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Boyoorisha: 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
An eye witness account - obviously they never came to rob the banks, if not, they would not have come that late; around 6pm. They went into the police station at owode and rescued someone. I was told that police shot one of them while trying to escape with the rescued fellow and this made the robbers to shoot people recklessly even the road users in their cars. So many people were killed in the process
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Gboliwe: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Such a sad incident. Heartless thieves. Why didnt they just take the money and skip?

May the souls of the dead rest in peace.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by c0llynz02: 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
shine-eye:
It is doubtful if this is ordinary armed robbery. It appears like the fund raising wing of Boko Haram.
Very possible.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by c0llynz02: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
Insecurity in Yoruba land.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by c0llynz02: 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
genlion: who told u kwara state is south west. u better be sure of urself before posting false tins. kwara state is north central for ur info
Kwara might not be in south west, but OFFA is definitely Yoruba land.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Uwakuwak(f): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Tomorrow someone will now marry them as husband, curse be upon them, may their days on be full of calamities,
may trouble dwell in their tent
may weeping never end in their home.
May joy depart from their life,
may the dead rest in the lord

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jhidey08(m): 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
Boyoorisha: An eye witness account - obviously they never came to rob the banks, if not, they would not have come that late; around 6pm. They went into the police station at owode and rescued someone. I was told that police shot one of them while trying to escape with the rescued fellow and this made the robbers to shoot people recklessly even the road users in their cars. So many people were killed in the process
I heard dis story too. I learnt dey've been around 4 some while now, dis made it possible 4d police 2 pin down 1 of dem, dey later came 2 rescue him and went on with dier aim. It is so unfortunate dat pple who didn't buy had 2 pay dis way. So sad!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
If Nigerian media tells you 15 people died,multiply that by 2.
Maybe na money to do Christmas dem dey look for
Sad country
A lot of killing news from Kwara
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by donlino9: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
Rip to the deads,, buh that timeline isn't correct and more than 15 people were killed, am an eye witness.
@ op did u manage to take d pics?
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by djSkukie(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
This is d second time robbers will atack banks @offa dis year. I 1da wat d sate govt is doin 2 dis insecurity takin place @their territory. I was inside 2ruout d incidence, I was only hearin d sound of d gunshot. May d dead reat in perfect peace.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Miner13: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
The degree of some havoc occurence could have been reduced if the security agency could turned up at the right time.

Just look at the scenario, after they were through with their bank robbery operation they went ahead to the police station. What if they've arised to the challenge, i am quite sure, they next point would not have be the police station.

The only way to cub this heartless type of robbery is to improve our policing strategies.

Imagine, how will you condole an aged man or woman that lost his/her bread winner to the incident.

God know the best. May the Almighty God grant those families the fortitude to bear the irrepairable losses.

Rest in peace!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by IdomaLikita: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Executing the Robbery is the Easy Part!
Let's See How They Code Themselves Over The Next Few Days!
SARS must surely nab them, either in hotels, bars, juju-house etc, they MUST be nabbed!

R.I.P to the Dead!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
nerodenero: Ode!Is Nigeria safe?Comment like this get me mad.Crimes are perpetuated all over the world even in countries with the best securities.Nawa for you o.
if GEJ make dis statement una go curse am like say tomoro nor dey oh. Hypocrite! Rip to d dead.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by donlino9: 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
jhidey08: it was a well planned attack. Pple said dey were more dan 35 dat came, some took over d streets, sum went 2d police station and some robbed d banks, I guess dey came on a revenge mission. A policeman confronted dem when dey came in 2012 as such d operation wasn't successful. D security situation we av in dis country can't confront armed robbers especially when dey attack towns dat aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nt state capitals, dis is d 3rd consecutive tym dey'll cum. Dey came in 2011, 2012 and nw in 2013. It is a wake up call 4d state government and d local govt too, a strong security shld b put in place.
That isn't wat happened...
The scout the thieves send to be watching over banks they plan to rob was arrested by the police and he was been interogated to give up his crew members.
I guess the robbers had to change their timeline that's why they started the operation with a rescue mission they had to break the guy out.They started shooting at the policebstation I happened to be there, it wasnt a nice sight.
After den the take over the streets and started robbing the banks and they keep firing stray bullet vertically that's why there are lots of casuality.
That's what I was able to deduce from what I saw.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by daisyjay(f): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
this reminds of 2 similar incidents that happened in Akure in the yr 2010 & 2012 where banks were attacked consecutively

Its so sad that innocent people had to die @ the hands of these trigger-happy robbers..

May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace(Amen)
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by phemmyutd(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
what a sad news. . . . . Good update my boss Royalty. . . . . I sight you
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by seangy4konji: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
RIP...God save your children
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by 3kay945(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Idoma Likita: Executing the Robbery is the Easy Part!
Let's See How They Code Themselves Over The Next Few Days!
SARS must surely nab them, either in hotels, bars, juju-house etc, they MUST be nabbed!

R.I.P to the Dead!

After escaping, sharing loot is simple bro, to them it was a mission accomplished.
December is always bloody in this country, if not arm robbery it will be boko haram or kidnappers or even accidents. We should all be security cautious during this time. please.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
the useless country deserve what just happened. with the plenty churches and mosques people attend in naija nonsense is still happening. alot of heartless peeps in naija! the govt doesn`t care no one also cares! if you talk about a stable decent nigeria, the citizens will say you are crazy.......RIP to the departed!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
u cant blame the high casualty on d robbers maybe those that where shot mistakenly wanted taking/snappng pix for posting on nairaland. u knw hw robbers hate to be snapped. God will punish them for mekng this yuletide a sad one for d bereaved families. RIP TO d dead.
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
3kay945:

After escaping, sharing loot is simple bro, to them it was a mission accomplished.
December is always bloody in this country, if not arm robbery it will be boko haram or kidnappers or even accidents. We should all be security cautious during this time. please.
yeah alot of in your face cheating. when you do contract with some peeps, they take 100% of the profits to buy hummers, jeeps and duplexes for themselves why they leave you and your family to wallow in penury!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by genlion: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
jhidey08: google is ur friend, ask it b4 making fun of urself here. Kwara na North Central. Or aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ u confused cos of d language dey speak?
why r u arguin wt him now. a small boy will outside there will soon tell him
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by genlion: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
c0llynz02: Kwara might not be in south west, but OFFA is definitely Yoruba land.
who is dis for christ sake. where is offa and where is kwara state? u should av said offa is in lagos and kwara is in offa. dat why some regions in nigeria will nt increase in their literacy level

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone / Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened / The New Form Of Advertising In Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.