Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

N26m Balance Found In Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (13151 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Qman1: 10:54am On Oct 29, 2011
Please I need opinions from matured NL'ders on this issue.

I have an account in one of the old generation banks in the country with an actual balance of N1,350,450. as at 4 months ago. I went to the bank 4 months back to withdraw N500k but was told they had computer problem. When I returned the next day, I asked the cashier to provide my balance after my payment and he wrote down N26,025,220. I did not check the piece of paper until I got home and later found what he wrote. I quickly went to an ATM machine and it gave the same balance he gave me. I got my statement a week later and noticed that only the balance changed and there was no sign of a deposit so I presume it is computer problem.

Ever since I have been getting the same advice from close friends to keep it. I initially took out N6,200,000 to be sure I could withdraw but returned it later.

It has been 4 months now and I have not heard from the bank apart from the lady at the bank who opened the account asking me to come and do fixed deposit instead of leaving such huge amount there.

Please I need honest advice here.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by ronkebp(f): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
Why don't you honestly go and talk to the bank manager about the whole situation, if you really want to resolve the problem.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2011
Since its over 4 months and the bank aint detecting, i will kindly advise to move the funds out of the bank to another one; if persist u re living in a rented apartment u change ur location to an undisclose location. That will be the debt of the bank and insurance will cover if they later found out which the probability is low. This is an opportunity for you and it comes once in a life time, this what i call automatic money. Je ko mo, ja jo

1 Like

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tellwisdom: 12:30am On Oct 30, 2011
Ones in a life time blessing wink wink. So dont dull wink
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Outstrip(f): 1:34am On Oct 30, 2011
Let them know that they have miscalculated
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:17am On Oct 30, 2011
You will regret in Nigeria for telling that kind TRUTH

How are you sure the bank manager will remit the money into the appropriate place after deduction from your account?

Or haven`t you heard Bank Managers do steal money from Customers account.

Its not your fault bro so don`t take chance.

1 Like

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by freecocoa(f): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2011
As tempting as this situation is,Op I'd honestly advice you to go talk to the bank manager about it.
Op you've kept this money for four months without spending it because you are skeptical,you sound like someone with a good conscience,you know you'll never be at peace if you take what's not yours,you may not get more than a pat on the back if you return the money,so what?I believe there's someone up there who would applaud you in better ways than you can imagine.
That money is in your account maybe because someone made a fatal error that he/she is suffering about now,I remember a case where my aunt overpaid someone by 3 million(don't know what she was thinking)its true that all she could do was beg the person to return it(which was a problem for the person)but she really went through a lot.
You may go free with the money but what about the person who made the mistake?(If its anyone's fault anyways)I'm just saying what if?
Seriously I know what you must be going through as regards making a decision cos its hard,given the economic situation of the country,my dear brother please return the money,just think of it as something someone gave you to keep for him and the time to return it is here,its not yours so you won't even notice its gone,believe me miracles like this don't happen,it wasn't meant for you,you wouldn't be comfortable spending the money so why eat what you won't enjoy or what may not digest?just do the right thing and you'll be glad you did.
As for the possibility of the money not ending up with the right person,that shouldn't bug you,let God be the judge of that.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by freecocoa(f): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2011
In short Op I've thought about it,its definitely a mistake from a cashier.
How do you expect him/her to pay for that error?
We all know bankers don't have money and they can be very stingy,so abeg just pity the not-thinking-staight-at-the-time-of-posting cashier.
May God bless you.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by femmy2010(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2011
N26m hmm.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by marcus1234: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2011
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by buzor(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2011
i think you should return the money, but its more easier said than done, i hope gives you strength to do what is right,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by TenKobo1: 8:17am On Oct 30, 2011
It's not a miracle brother, please meet the bank manager in the presence of at least two other bank staff. Just decongest your mind of all the temptations runing wild in it now. Return the money and i know that nature (even if you don't believe in God) will certain reward you.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Emfash(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2011
That you are discussing  it on this forum shows you have a good heart. My candid advice:As tempting as it may be, dont keep it ,report matter to your bank. You will be amazed what blessing lies in wait thereafter. Naija will be a better place if you do.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by alfablondy: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2011
@ op. I will advice you return the money to the bank. Apart from the bank manager, You can also inform your account officer and any other senior bank staff about the error to reduce the possibilty of the manager siphoning the money elsewhere.

You have done well by not spending someone else money. God will definitely reward you in HIS own mighty way.

GOD FORBID. I wish you long life. I am just thinking , if you decide to keep the money and spend it and die before spending a kobo out of it. You would have commited a sin and wont have the opportunity to repent. You know the right thing to do so go ahead.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Areosapien(f): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2011
Unintentional hammering! Abeg, kindly move it to a new bank account, change your home address and you're officially a MADE MAN! Na your fault? Abeg there's nothing to feel guilty about. And what makes you think the manager won't even pocket it the second you bring it back in. This is not your fight, so kindly corner the greens juh. Some days are like that cool
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by claremont(m): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2011
@OP: If I were you, I will "chop the money, and clean my mouth wella". You better collect this God's early Christmas blessing for you, before God opens the eyes of the bank and they discover their error! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by klog(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2011
The fact that you can come here to seek for counsel shows that your not a thief. Don't see this as an opportunity. It is a bait, if you withdraw the money to another bank, you will be caught, because there is a connectivity between banks. I advice to meet the manager and explain the issue. You will make more than that in your lifetime.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by FEMARY(m): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2011
For you to be able to save one million in your  account shows you have the capacity to even make more than the said 6million.And besides you have not touch the money for four months now,then you are blessed of God so why do you want to take the money.Send a mail to the bank informing them of the error so they can rectify it.Free yourself from this temptation.Send the mail now!!!!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by quest55(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2011
I am a doubting Thomas on this story.
Surely the bank will eventually find out and the banker will be in deadly trouble.
The bank may refer your account to EFCC and you need 2 explain how you came about 20m in one swoop!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by inspiredm(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2011
Do the Right thing !!!

Withdraw the Money CASH and Take it to the Nearest
NIGERIA POLICE STATION

Report it as LOST and FOUND.  grin grin grin
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by despam(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2011
Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. I know you want to return the money, go ahead and do it. You will never regret you did.

This is an opportunity for you to build a good relationship with the Bank. You can access funds (loans) without stress for business ventures from the Bank by this singular act. The Bank will see you as a honest person and a man of integrity.

If you decide to keep the money, invest it but let the Bank know what happened and agree on repayment from the business. Don't be tempted to jump into investments if you are not business minded already.

I can help you generate good money making ideas.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2011
shocked shocked Choi! Choi! See this original mugu!!

Instead make you clean the whole account, you come here dey ask question!! sad
This one na wetin dem call: God don butter you bread left and right. Abeg guy, if U̶̲̥̅̊ no want the money send am come my account: Wuruwuru bank plc, acc no: 0000419419. grin

But on a serious note, don't take the money. Report it to the bank manager.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by phuckNL: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2011
@OP

If you are caught, you will go to jail!
Go to the media houses to report the situation to save yourself from any implication. We know how banks and naija police can switch and turn good samaritans into the devil.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Babamide(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2011
It's been four months. You can't just move it all at once. The choice is really yours. The only advise i can give you is to become friendly with the bank manager.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by sniperwolf(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2011
I.ve never indulge in crime before but if I were in your position, I will not talk. Think of what 26million can do. Let's call a spade a spade 90% of people here will do likewise
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2011
I will advise that you do all you can to report this matter to the bank authorities. It is the right thing to do. Anybody advising you otherwise does not wish you well. The bank will get to know about this and it willl not be difficult for them to trace the money to your account and any transactions the money. I have withnessed two cases one involving a friend of mine who spent N600,000. He was made to repay.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by nagoma(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2011
In 99 % of cases what morally and legally  right is clear an what is wrong is also clear. So far you have done what is right by not spending the money. Keeping the money and not discussing it with the bank is perhaps not quite right. Plese don't for one minute think that the money is yours because it isn't. Pleas go and discuss with the bank.
My uncle who rears goats send them out grazing and they return in the evenings. One evening instead of 15 goats about 33 returned to the house and this happened for another 5 days until my uncle reported to the village head and the owner of the stray goats found. The stray money in your account is haram, don't waver - report it! You are not a fool but a very strong man /woman, the type Nigeria needs.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by WebSurfer(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2011
lol, tempting but, if it was me? ad move it to another account but leave it untouched for more years ahead,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by WebSurfer(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2011
you fit still send one milla to my own account oo? chai, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin at least na small moni
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by micawber(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2011
[size=15pt]Money and trouble![/size] Go return the money if you don't need it.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by onchefx: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2011
my friend pls,if u want to be a good nigerian go to the bank and inform the top management
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by wewe1(m): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2011
First of all, i dont believe that you cannt trace how the money came to your acct from the statement of account you printed. Even a system error will give some forms of narration.
Secondly, for every credit there is a debit somewhere (human or system) Money just dont magically appear in your account. The balance you saw in your account came from somewhere, and not by magic.
It must be that someone/system made a mistake and that person or the System operator will definately pay for it dearly.
Inform the manager of the bank. God's belssing does not come like this! PLEASE RETURN THE MONEY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flour Mills to Acquire 76.8% stake in rival Honeywell Group at N80 Billion / Cosmetics Shop Set Up / Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.