Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? (3304 Views)

Ladies; Does This Make Him Cheap Or Stingy? ( PHOTO) / Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN / Is The Man Wise Or Stingy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by deybholar(f): 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hello all.
This is my first post and I am in a dilemma.
I have been in a serious and steady relationship for a year and half now and we hope to get married soon.
My problem is that my bf is naturally stingy. I am ardent advocate of romance without finance but men need to understand that even if a woman has a million, nothing pleases her more than knowing her man can provide a hundred for her.
I am very independent and I have my own money but I get broke sometimes cos I have a family to take care of. My bf always had a ready made answer of "I don't have" whenever I tell him to lend me money.
My brother gained admission into the university and I had to pay his acceptance fee. I was very broke so I asked him to lend me some money and he gave his usual answer. I just laughed it off only to discover today that he bought a brand new phone of over 60k and I needed just 25k.
I have made several sacrifices for him in the past including selling my ipad because he needed money to finance something and I didn't have it at that time.
I can go any length for him but he feels its a taboo if he makes sacrifices for me.
I called off the relationship tonight cos as I was telling him he offended me, he just kept shouting that I shouldn't bother him and not drop my problems on his head.
Isn't he the most insensitive lover ever?
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Breezy90(m): 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
undecided
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Ab025(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmmm.....I tink he was right wen he said u shudnt "drop ur problems on his head"

although he seem to avoid assistin u financially wen u are broke, and I dnt support him on that, bt stil, u musn't drop all ur problems on his head, he is ur bf and not a problem solver.

He is quite wrong and a bit stingy, bt u shudnt hav broken it off yet...

NOTE: men are obliged mentally, religiously and basically to spend for their wife bt for their galfriends, it's a thing of choice!!!
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by DOYEN003: 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
I think you just soved the problem.... Welcome back to the singleshood sis

2 Likes

Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by storess: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
You already solved the problem. never go for it back. you need a partner not the burden for life.
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Matildachinyere(f): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
OP I hope wen u said u called off d relationship, I hope u meant *removing ur shoes,dusting it and running like hell without looking back* cos dat Guy is One hell Of A Selfish Blind Insensitive Obnoxious and Arrogant Motherf**ker and @abo wen d lady sacrificed her iPad so dat she could help him out financially didn't it look like she carrying his problem on her head?! u are just d same as her.ex-ignorant bornfool! u don't deserve ladies Like her I swear down!

3 Likes

Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by kajole(m): 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
What is it with everyone opening a thread and saying
this is my first thread

what is our fvking business?

1 Like

Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by laivwire(m): 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ab025: Hmmm.....I tink he was right wen he said u shudnt "drop ur problems on his head"

although he seem to avoid assistin u financially wen u are broke, and I dnt support him on that, bt stil, u musn't drop all ur problems on his head, he is ur bf and not a problem solver.

He is quite wrong and a bit stingy, bt u shudnt hav broken it off yet...

NOTE: men are obliged mentally, religiously and basically to spend for their wife bt for their galfriends, it's a thing of choice!!!

Now cos we say relationships ain't about money doesnt mean we should go all selfish. When He can't be trusted with helpin a little in a relationship what dyu expect when yu they married?

@Op Dnt be surprised when you start feeding him on your income cos he's building HIS house or business. etc His type might not even let you touch his car. . . .There are better guys jare

1 Like

Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Anyone that sacrifices for me gets my loyalty and support, your bf is severely stingy.
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Dyt(f): 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
That dude is stingy,greedy,selfish
Omo meh u try o
I can't even stand such ppl, be it male or female
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by kpolli(m): 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
deybholar: Hello all.
I have been in a serious and steady relationship for a year and half now and we hope to get married soon.
My problem is that my bf is naturally stingy. I am ardent advocate of romance without finance but men need to understand that even if a woman has a million, nothing pleases her more than knowing her man can provide a hundred for her.
I am very independent and I have my own money but I get broke sometimes cos I have a family to take care of. My bf always had a ready made answer of "I don't have" whenever I tell him to lend me money.
My brother gained admission into the university and I had to pay his acceptance fee. I was very broke so I asked him to lend me some money and he gave his usual answer. I just laughed it off only to discover today that he bought a brand new phone of over 60k and I needed just 25k.
I have made several sacrifices for him in the past including selling my ipad because he needed money to finance something and I didn't have it at that time.
I can go any length for him but he feels its a taboo if he makes sacrifices for me.
I called off the relationship tonight cos as I was telling him he offended me, he just kept shouting that I shouldn't bother him and not drop my problems on his head.

On a good day I would have said he isn't your provider but seeing you u sacrificed so much for him and you asked for a loan not a dash.... He is insensitive and self centered..... Good you dumped him

Phew, I didn't know I would ever say that cry cry
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
your bf reminds me of one of my uncle, an ungrateful SOB, you are better off without him, am not rich but I go the extra mile for my babe and close ones because they do the same for me, its loyalty.

1 Like

Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by kpolli(m): 12:11am On Dec 20, 2013
pc guru:
your bf reminds me of one of my uncle, an ungrateful SOB, you are better off without him, am not rich but I go the extra mile for my babe and close ones because they do the same for me, its loyalty.

Remi are you not too young to have a babe? When Uncle Drizzle and Daddy Uchman are still single cheesy grin
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by alienware(m): 12:18am On Dec 20, 2013
Dump him and tell him, you are not going to spend any THIN dime on him again !
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 20, 2013
kpolli:

Remi are you not too young to have a babe? When Uncle Drizzle and Daddy Uchman are still single cheesy grin
hehehehehe Drizzle get babe nau, Uchman might be gay,oya tell me your name obviously you be gbadada boy grin
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by DOYEN003: 12:23am On Dec 20, 2013
Matildachinyere: OP I hope wen u said u called off d relationship, I hope u meant *removing ur shoes,dusting it and running like hell without looking back* cos dat Guy is One hell Of A Selfish Blind Insensitive Obnoxious and Arrogant Motherf**ker and @abo wen d lady sacrificed her iPad so dat she could help him out financially didn't it look like she carrying his problem on her head?! u are just d same as her.ex-ignorant bornfool! u don't deserve ladies Like her I swear down!

The lady's story really pain you o..... U are taking it personal...
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by kpolli(m): 12:36am On Dec 20, 2013
pc guru: hehehehehe Drizzle get babe nau, Uchman might be gay,oya tell me your name obviously you be gbadada boy grin

I am not a Gbagada boy...... Ask them who I am, they would give u my name
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by tchigofigo(m): 1:35am On Dec 20, 2013
wow wat a guy! Bt talk true, wn u askd im 2 'lend' u, wre u actualy goin'o pay back? U shld'a askd 4 dash..where babe de eva pay im bobo bak? bt d guy stingy shaa
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by tchigofigo(m): 1:40am On Dec 20, 2013
wait! U no collect ur i-pad moni bak b4 u bwek-up? Oya ask am 2 pay u bak n all d ngepu wey im don chop since una start..
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Mamacita007(f): 2:04am On Dec 20, 2013
kpolli: Good you dumped him

Phew, I didn't know I would ever say that cry cry

mmmm kpolli said this? grin grin some people are changing for the better grin grin
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 20, 2013
Both! undecided
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by kpolli(m): 2:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Mamacita007:

mmmm kpolli said this? grin grin some people are changing for the better grin grin

Someone is changing me wink
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by peclint: 4:06am On Dec 20, 2013
@poster, are you always asking him for favours?
Is he always footing the bills when you guys go out?
Do you payback after you loan ?

At a certain time in my life, i loaned a gf almost half of my monthly wage
and it was because she needed help, and no one could help her, she never paid
back. After that , you can imagine my response to any girl asking for loan.

If it is money i cannot afford to loose, then i don't have

But i did go out with someone that always paid back without me asking , and i loan from her when i don't have
Its never been a problem cos either one of us always pay back, no nonsense story of " but you are my boyfriend, you are supposed to take care of me"
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by deybholar(f): 5:34am On Dec 20, 2013
I swear I am not the demanding type. I have don't bug whoever it is I am dating. I call him up most times for us to hang out and I pay. He's just the type who thinks he can't shoulder any responsibility. The painful part is I have tried severally to be stingy towards him but I can't. If I see something nice, I buy for him 1st without thinking of myself. There was a time a friend of mine was travelling out and I gave her $500 and a list to help me get some stuff for me and him. When she went throught the list and saw that the list contains more of things for him. She said "I hope he takes care of u as mmuch as u do for him". We were not even upto 5months in the relationship then.
Since I sold my ipad for his sake, I have not been able to buy it back.
The worst case was a day we fought for 200#. I was almost rounding up my youth service then and I asked him for 200# 2 take a bike to collect something from a friend, he didn't give me and he knew fully well that we both spent my last 3k on food n drinks d previous nightam he also knew my dad was gonna send me money that day but he said " I can't give u this money and have nothing in my pocket".
This was someone that was in my room oh and he had eaten so I wonder what the money in his pocket would do to him. I actually trekked that day.
I have so many instances but I don't want it to look like am painting him bad.
He's a very nice guy but this money part is what I can't deal with. He's d type that won't give his wife money to buy anything cos she can afford it.
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by uche92(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2013
deybholar: I swear I am not the demanding type. I have don't bug whoever it is I am dating. I call him up most times for us to hang out and I pay. He's just the type who thinks he can't shoulder any responsibility. The painful part is I have tried severally to be stingy towards him but I can't. If I see something nice, I buy for him 1st without thinking of myself. There was a time a friend of mine was travelling out and I gave her $500 and a list to help me get some stuff for me and him. When she went throught the list and saw that the list contains more of things for him. She said "I hope he takes care of u as mmuch as u do for him". We were not even upto 5months in the relationship then.
Since I sold my ipad for his sake, I have not been able to buy it back.
The worst case was a day we fought for 200#. I was almost rounding up my youth service then and I asked him for 200# 2 take a bike to collect something from a friend, he didn't give me and he knew fully well that we both spent my last 3k on food n drinks d previous nightam he also knew my dad was gonna send me money that day but he said " I can't give u this money and have nothing in my pocket".
This was someone that was in my room oh and he had eaten so I wonder what the money in his pocket would do to him. I actually trekked that day.
I have so many instances but I don't want it to look like am painting him bad.
He's a very nice guy but this money part is what I can't deal with. He's d type that won't give his wife money to buy anything cos she can afford it.
@op do not go back on that breakup, that dude is oerly stingy.
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by ednut1(m): 7:13am On Dec 20, 2013
he don chop free kitty oma she o. na today I sabi woman ni she will still go back to him
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 20, 2013
Let me use myself as a case study,I was in a relationship I committed a lot to in terms of finance,and other things,yet the relationship went berserk,since then have been watchful of my commitment in all my present relationship. Am now playing safe with all my commitment,financially,and otherwise....I rather spend more on myself now,at the expense of my fiancée,afterall I aint married to her. So maybe your boyfriend is paranoid. Sit him down,and talk to him. heartbreak pains most cos the sacrifice made in the course of the relationship.

I guard myself jealously now,cos of the effect of last relationship.
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by dahmie2013: 8:21am On Dec 20, 2013
kajole: What is it with everyone opening a thread and saying
this is my first thread

I tire o! Not only dat sef, sum ppl will say "I rarely post here, but I just want 2 add 2 dis topic". As if we care weda or not dey put nything. We don't even notice such ppl. Dats deir bloody business.
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2013

And you think he loves you?
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
kajole: What is it with everyone opening a thread and saying
this is my first thread

I said that too, with my first and only thread
I guess I wanted to get people to read me...I dunno why I typed that, really
But guess what? People did not swallow the bait
Smh

I still bear a mini grudge, lol
(My mind-boggling, soul searching, interesting thread (in my mind sha)
People blanked it, big time
Re: Is He Just Insensitive Or Stingy? by TyTymer(m): 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ednut don talk am finish. She is not tired of the guy yet. See as she dey call am "nice guy". Babe see, Caring guy like me full town, u still dey follow "armed robber motor". Goodluck to all you stubborn girls in love. grin U better pack dat guy commot. U are not the apple of his eyes that's why he can dare to lose u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Pictures Ladies Can Relate To / Funny Chat Between A Nigerian And An Indian / Goes Completely Nakked To Celebrate Her Birthday (see More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.