Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities (36708 Views)

FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust / 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams / African Students Study, Work And Live In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
hahahahaha the dirt capital of the world grin dsirty, smelling mudder fuggers grinhttps://www.nairaland.com/1272973/dirtiness-nigeria

hahahahahah young unemployed mumu graduate commits suicide grin https://www.nairaland.com/1265506/unemployed-graduate-stabs-self-death-lagos grin one mumu kicked the bucket and the world is much better for it grin grin grin

father sells six-month-son to pay for visa. chiei, life in the sh1thole is so frightening that mumus are now selling their six-month babies to flee their sh1thole tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss grinhttps://www.nairaland.com/1252740/father-sells-6-month-old-son-visa

see typical mumugerian act of wickedness LOL https://www.nairaland.com/1265404/nigerian-girl-molested-buried-alive grin

hahahahaha 25% of Africa's poor live in the certified sh1tholehttp://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/international/54715-25-of-africa-s-poor-in-nigeria-uk-minister grin grin grin 90% surviving on less than $2 a day paaaaaaaaa grin
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
adamscuti: The ape from gayna go die today grin grin grin

a gaynain from gayna came to NL and asked this question (spencer grin)

Re:Why Do Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly?byspencer12:8:45pmOnMar 06,2008

@ ckz
areu in ghana or nigeria?

Re:Why Do Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly? byhotshawlng(m):11:11pmOnMar 06,2008
CKZ, I am still expecting an answer,

Re:Why Do Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly? byamsky(m):9:41pmOnMar 07,2008
My dear poster

Not only are Ghanaians ugly,dem come blackon top. DemWOWO. Maybe for one day you fit just see one wey fine small,others go wowo sotayyyyyyyyyyyy,you go wan begin cry..
grin grin

Re:Why Do Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly?bynaija_diva(f):9:47pmOnMar 07,2008
amsky:
My dear poster
Not only are Ghanaians ugly,them comeblackon top. Dem WOWO. Maybe for one day you fit just see one wey fine small,others go wowo sotayyyyyyyyyyyy,you go wan begin cry..
so because they are dark, they are ugly?

Re:WhyDo Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly?
byckz:8:59pmOnApr 16,2008
spencer12 i don't live in ghana i live in holland and
amsky what do you mean by black do you have problem with black people,

Re:Why Do Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly? byDeebugluva:4:02pmOnApr 23,2008

Most of una be wankers, I done reside in both ya countries and all ya sugas be the same. pleanty ugly one n a plenty fine fine ones. For those wey neva travel much always dey make make sound sound. AAAA.Blackis Beautiful period. Na deh old fellas and ajah dem go say
"wey person dey try catch goat for soup and ei no fit catch na im be first to say na dat one dey smell or no better"
In every country na better dey and ugly dey. Come make una come see Sa Loene Titi. The best from the West.

Re:Why Do Nigirians Alwayz Say That Ghanians Are Ugly?byDr. Lorenz(m):2:06pmOnApr 28,2008
@ spencer
u're really acting like Mr. Spencer. Now you want to make contact? sorry for you o. I see some people have got two tongues lol.
@amsky
u no dey try at all o. u no just fit'edit'your words? or you be like 2face wen say'i say what's on my mind i don't have time to edit'? but seriously,areyou saying that when it was said that'Blackis Beautiful', Ghanians were excluded?
Well as for me, i haven't really seen much Ghanians, but the little i've seen, i think i can say theydohave beautiful people and not to beautiful people.

Hahahahaha mumudsom, the undisputed kings of crime grin

“Nigeria leads the world in criminal enterprises” – US journalist showers insults on Nigerians grin grin grin
http://www.africanspotlight.com/2013/11/14/nigeria-leads-the-world-in-criminal-enterprises-us-journalist-showers-insults-on-nigerians/

A US journalist has hurled a series of insults on Nigerians grin grin, just weeks after a US Senator Ted Cruz described Nigerians as scammers in a bid to mock Obamacare website. Ann Coulter in an article titled, ‘To speak to a Nigerian Prince about your healthcare, press ’1′ now,’ says criminals are running the Obamacare website and most of them are inmates and Nigerians. Read excerpts below…

This week we found out that the tens of thousands of “navigators” hired by the government to enroll people in Obamacare will include convicted felons.

Despite some “navigators” having already been exposed as having arrest warrants against them, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has no plans to screen out the criminals.

The problem isn’t their complexion, it’s their culture grin. In America, we think only dumb people become criminals. That’s not true in the Third World!

Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal enterprises grin. Every level of Nigerian society is criminal, grin grin grin with the smart ones running Internet scams, the mid-range ones running car theft rings, and the stupid ones engaging in piracy and kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can major in credit card fraud. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There were almost no Nigerians in the United States until the 1970s. Today, there are nearly 250,000 Nigerians in the U.S. (committing the cyber-crime Americans just won’t do!). In 2011, we took in more immigrants from Nigeria than from the United Kingdom (9,246 from the U.K. and 9,344 from Nigeria).

Gosh, I sure hope our new Somali and Nigerian immigrants have German-style rectitude and are very honest about reporting all their income to the government.
Her twitter handle is @AnnCoulter
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
solomon111: Crappy universities.
smh.
Atleast,if you want to school outside Nigeria,then choose universities that're better than what you've back home.
These ghanian institutions are crap.
hahahahaha check out these nice photos of some of your country's top public universities? https://www.nairaland.com/1465506/photos-shocking-state-nigerian-universities
https://www.nairaland.com/1107781/report-exposes-rot-public-varsities

I also most vomited looking at them can't believe human being live under such horrendous constitutions. these facilities are not even fit for animal habitation. have a look and tell me how you feel,huh? grin grin grin fuckeduppedssness

even you education minister has his children studying in Ghana,huh?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Now I know u can't be taken seriously, u avoid articles from credible source and go on to quote Wikipedia. Come on Wikipedia

U and I know its impossible for a country to have the same number of cellphone users as its population even in very developed countries, so spare me that article.

Wikipedia is one of the most reliable source of information on earth, so don't try to rubbish it. That research wasn't carried out by wikipedia (just as they use Forbes list to rank wealth) check the bottom of the page for sources.
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Jiggaman101: 12:13am On Dec 25, 2013
Promhize:

U and I know its impossible for a country to have the same number of cellphone users as its population even in very developed countries, so spare me that article.

Wikipedia is one of the most reliable source of information on earth, so don't try to rubbish it. That research wasn't carried out by wikipedia (just as they use Forbes list to rank wealth) check the bottom of the page for sources.

The fact still remains Ghana has more cellphone users than Nigeria percentage wise. That is the fact. The Wikipedia shows population and not percentage. We use percentage to judge and not population.
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I am looking at this and the only place I see where Nigeria is good is entrepreneurs and music. Movies come again. Everything else is mediocre at best.

We have a better military, you know that so don't say sh*t, infact we have one of the best foot-soldiers in the world.

Economy - according to recent reports we overtook south-africa as Africa's largest economy. Our NSE (nigeria stock exchange) is second only to south-africa, even kenya's stock exchange is better than Ghana's.

We have better foreign relations, evident in recent investment by the second largest economy in the world, china. Did hear that immediately after that, Obama personally sent a letter to invite President Jonathan to the white house. The south-africa/nigeria deportation saga, who apologised, kenya's practically begging our entrepreneurs to come invest in kenya, we influenced UK into stopping their $3000 bond for visitors (note that countries like china, india were included).

Science and technology - do u have a satellite in space? One that other countries use, do u sell satellite images, have u ever built drones in ghana or do u have drones? have u ever built a ship in ghana? Have u ever built armoured vehicles and tanks in ghana? I can go on and on, someone already showed something about the first complex computer built in Nigeria.

Literature - cheesy cheesy should I mention their names. You know now cheesy

Film - nollywood is the 2nd or 3rd largest and best movie industry in the world, we swept the AMVCA awards. Films that are receiving world recognition are from Nigeria, half a yellow sun, the meeting. You have a couple of good actresses and actors but does any of their achievements near that of Omotola jolade, geneveive nnaji. Oprah winfery called Geneveive nnaji africa's julia roberts. We produce a lot of stupid movies, but we also produce the best.

Education - no need to go far, its the cause of all I listed above, plus according to ratings we have the best schools in west africa. Do you need the data?

Sports - overall not just football, we are better. How many representatives did u have at the olympics? How many trophies did you win? Your female football team, your youth team... I think you stand a chance to be better here anyway.

Infrastructure might truly be mediocre but we still have the tallest building in west-africa, ghana's accra doesn't stand a chance against lagos not to talk of Abuja.

Housing, would try to update it later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 25, 2013
PetroDolla2: hahahahaha check out these nice photos of some of your country's top public universities? https://www.nairaland.com/1465506/photos-shocking-state-nigerian-universities
https://www.nairaland.com/1107781/report-exposes-rot-public-varsities

I also most vomited looking at them can't believe human being live under such horrendous constitutions. these facilities are not even fit for animal habitation. have a look and tell me how you feel,huh? grin grin grin fuckeduppedssness

even you education minister has his children studying in Ghana,huh?

Pictures taken just to smear the FG and defend ASUU's strike. I have been to many Nigerian schools and seen nothing as such

These are Nigerian schools ;

https://www.nairaland.com/1559403/university-ibadan-pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/1554075/unilag-campus-pics

https://www.nairaland.com/1548742/obafemi-awolowo-university-ile-ife-pictures

No ghanian school is in the top ten schools in Africa, only Nigerian. Speak to facts not some pictures I could have taken in my backyard, upload.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2013
Jigga_man101:

The fact still remains Ghana has more cellphone users than Nigeria percentage wise. That is the fact. The Wikipedia shows population and not percentage. We use percentage to judge and not population.

Pls what's the source of that data by itnewsafrica?

Point of correction, wikipedias list isn't about population, didn't you see countries with less than 8million population. Even US doesn't have the same number of cellphone users as its population.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Jiggaman101: 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Promhize:

Pls what's the source of that data by itnewsafrica?

Point of correction, wikipedias list isn't about population, didn't you see countries with less than 8million population. Even US doesn't have the same number of cellphone users as its population.

They omitted so many countries, it is Wikipedia for a reason. Anyone can edit. If you want a wiki article about cell phone users in Ghana. Here it is

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_in_Ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Jiggaman101: 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Promhize:

We have a better military, you know that so don't say sh*t, infact we have one of the best foot-soldiers in the world.

Economy - according to recent reports we overtook south-africa as Africa's largest economy. Our NSE (nigeria stock exchange) is second only to south-africa, even kenya's stock exchange is better than Ghana's.

We have better foreign relations, evident in recent investment by the second largest economy in the world, china. Did hear that immediately after that, Obama personally sent a letter to invite President Jonathan to the white house. The south-africa/nigeria deportation saga, who apologised, kenya's practically begging our entrepreneurs to come invest in kenya, we influenced UK into stopping their $3000 bond for visitors (note that countries like china, india were included).

Science and technology - do u have a satellite in space? One that other countries use, do u sell satellite images, have u ever built drones in ghana or do u have drones? have u ever built a ship in ghana? Have u ever built armoured vehicles and tanks in ghana? I can go on and on, someone already showed something about the first complex computer built in Nigeria.

Literature - cheesy cheesy should I mention their names. You know now cheesy

Film - nollywood is the 2nd or 3rd largest and best movie industry in the world, we swept the AMVCA awards. Films that are receiving world recognition are from Nigeria, half a yellow sun, the meeting. You have a couple of good actresses and actors but does any of their achievements near that of Omotola jolade, geneveive nnaji. Oprah winfery called Geneveive nnaji africa's julia roberts. We produce a lot of stupid movies, but we also produce the best.

Education - no need to go far, its the cause of all I listed above, plus according to ratings we have the best schools in west africa. Do you need the data?

Sports - overall not just football, we are better. How many representatives did u have at the olympics? How many trophies did you win? Your female football team, your youth team... I think you stand a chance to be better here anyway.

Infrastructure might truly be mediocre but we still have the tallest building in west-africa, ghana's accra doesn't stand a chance against lagos not to talk of Abuja.

Housing, would try to update it later.

Military is not about numbers but quality, as with Nigeria in anything y'all take quantity over quality. Military that couldn't save its own citizens. What happened to bakassi

Foreign relations- u dare compare Ghana foreign relation to that of Nigeria. With your huge natural resources and human resources Ghana shouldn't be anywhere near Nigeria when it comes to foreign relationship but that is not the case. Take a look at your own people leaving your country for Ghana. That says it all

Science and tech non of the satellite you launched was built by a nigerian. So stop making noise. Nigeria haven't built drones nor do they own drones, they haven't built a ship or any of the things you talked about. Nigeria haven't built shit

Literature- u act like Ghana doesn't have any writers

Movies- yeah Nigeria might be third in terms of quantity. U can't compare Nigeria
Movies to Ghana. We are talking about quality from sound, editing, picture quality and the command of the English language

Education- Ghanaian schools are rated higher than Nigeria schools go back as far as 2000s and you will see. There are many different ranks. Some has nigerian school higher but the overwhelming rankings has Ghana schools higher. It is evident in the number of Nigerians that troop into Ghanaian unis, u won't find any Ghanaian in nigerian uni. Ghanaian degrees are rated higher than that of Nigeria. Ghanaian students have easier access to top universities in America and uk

Sports- no competition Ghana is above Nigeria. Compare out football team to that of Nigeria. Please

Infrastructure- why do you think Ghana HDI is medium and Nigeria is low. Come on, u lack all the necessities high unemployment, bad health care, poor schools, no security, and more.

Do your research before you speak, Nigeria is quantity over quality

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Hbuyosh(m): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
Two African jungle pygmies having an argument over who is taller than the other, thus a lesser pygmie. Seriously, this is what this debate reminds me of.
The dilapidated facilities in public universities in both countries underscores the fact that you are damn third-world countries. Why taunt the other country over her failings yet you yourselves have heaps of issues to deal with. C'mon guys, Africa Unite.
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Tonylyte(m): 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Military is not about numbers but quality, as with Nigeria in anything y'all take quantity over quality. Military that couldn't save its own citizens. What happened to bakassi

Foreign relations- u dare compare Ghana foreign relation to that of Nigeria. With your huge natural resources and human resources Ghana shouldn't be anywhere near Nigeria when it comes to foreign relationship but that is not the case. Take a look at your own people leaving your country for Ghana. That says it all

Science and tech non of the satellite you launched was built by a nigerian. So stop making noise. Nigeria haven't built drones nor do they own drones, they haven't built a ship or any of the things you talked about. Nigeria haven't built shit

Literature- u act like Ghana doesn't have any writers

Movies- yeah Nigeria might be third in terms of quantity. U can't compare Nigeria
Movies to Ghana. We are talking about quality from sound, editing, picture quality and the command of the English language

Education- Ghanaian schools are rated higher than Nigeria schools go back as far as 2000s and you will see. There are many different ranks. Some has nigerian school higher but the overwhelming rankings has Ghana schools higher. It is evident in the number of Nigerians that troop into Ghanaian unis, u won't find any Ghanaian in nigerian uni. Ghanaian degrees are rated higher than that of Nigeria. Ghanaian students have easier access to top universities in America and uk

Sports- no competition Ghana is above Nigeria. Compare out football team to that of Nigeria. Please

Infrastructure- why do you think Ghana HDI is medium and Nigeria is low. Come on, u lack all the necessities high unemployment, bad health care, poor schools, no security, and more.

Do your research before you speak, Nigeria is quantity over quality
hahahaha, you sound so pained man! Argue wit facts and back ups. Our female military cn wipe off the entire population of ghana military..the satelite wasnt built by nigerians, cn ya cntry handle such project? We built and own drone, u can walk to the moon man.
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Jiggaman101: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
Tonylyte:
hahahaha, you sound so pained man! Argue wit facts and back ups. Our female military cn wipe off the entire population of ghana military..the satelite wasnt built by nigerians, cn ya cntry handle such project? We built and own drone, u can walk to the moon man.

Where are your facts to back it up. U can't even refine your oil, to talk of a complex machine such as a drone. Bakassi that's all I have to say

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 4:09am On Dec 26, 2013
Tonylyte:
Your defence minister fainted at the sound of artillery fire! has she woken up yet or she is still in fainting mode? grin grin grin omo naija generator republic grin

Nigerian Defence Minister FAINTED grin on the sound of artillery grin grin grin
The Kenyan DAILY POST
http://www.kenyan-post.com/2013/01/female-minister-fainted-on-sound-of.html

There was mild drama on on Tuesday as Nigeria's Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada, collapsed and fainted into the hands of military officers on 15th January, 2013, when the deafening sounds of artillery fire reverberated during the celebration of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day in Abuja.

There was no announcement before the artillery fire rented the air, as this is usual on such an occasion.

A source said the development startled the minister, who slumped, before her military aides jumped to her rescue, she was immediately rushed to a corner for an immediate rehabilitation.

After regaining her composure, Erelu Obada came back to lay a wreath at the Remembrance Arcade, though her hands can still be seen shaking.

Reporters tried to have a chat with her but her aides declined.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 4:17am On Dec 26, 2013
Promhize:

Pictures taken just to smear the FG and defend ASUU's strike. I have been to many Nigerian schools and seen nothing as such

These are Nigerian schools ;

https://www.nairaland.com/1559403/university-ibadan-pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/1554075/unilag-campus-pics

https://www.nairaland.com/1548742/obafemi-awolowo-university-ile-ife-pictures

No ghanian school is in the top ten schools in Africa, only Nigerian. Speak to facts not some pictures I could have taken in my backyard, upload.
this is exactly what I always say about the low IQ level of most nigerians. is it something to do with the high poverty level or plain stvpidity? you just said the photos posted about nigerian universities were to 'smear' the FG and defend ASUU's strike. Did it also strike you that the report about Ghana's universities could also be part of a smear campaign? or the 'smear' applies to only nigeria, and not Ghana? such pathetic people with a sh1thole personality!
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 4:20am On Dec 26, 2013
Nigeria’s military might a hoax/Tribune grin
By Idowu Adelusi -
The self acclaimed superiority of Nigeria’s military in Africa has been described as a hoax by a university don and military strategist, Dr Osisioma Bazil Chinedu Nwolise.
Dr. Nwolise, of the Political Science Department, University of Ibadan, in an exclusive interview with Sunday Tribune in Ibadan at the weekend, claimed that Nigeria cannot stand up to countries like France in a serious war for two months without capitulating.
Against the backdrop of a warning by America of a possible terrorist attack on Nigeria by the al-Qaeda, a muslim fundamentalist group, the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Andrew Aziza had boasted that the military was capable of defending the territorial integrity of Nigeria.
However, Dr. Nwolise, a one- time lecturer at the National War College, Abuja and pioneer Director, Department of Peace and Conflict Resolution of the college, said that what Nigeria has is a military organisation and not military power.
He said for now, Nigeria has a military organisation that is sufficient to defend the country’s territorial integrity to some extent. “When I say to some extent, it means there are limits to what we can do,” he argued.
Dr. Nwolise, who teaches international politics and military strategy, said that Nigeria, after 47 years of existence still buys her weapons from outside, adding that the Defence Industry Corporation(DICON) in Kaduna can only manufacture tear gas, salt, furniture and other soft wares.
He claimed that Brazil’s defence industry was established the same period as that of Nigeria, saying as at today, the Brazil’s defence corporation manufactures armoured cars, jet fighters and other powerful military hardwares. He said DICON in Kaduna could only assemble weapons it cannot manufacture.
The don argued that outside interests can conspire against Nigeria since we depend on them for supply of our weapons. He said, for instance, if we have 200 armoured cars, 30 jets, and they are grounded due to lack of spare parts or destroyed in the war, Nigeria would be finished.
He also faulted the centralisation of DICON in Kaduna, saying the idea was primitive.
Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Jiggaman101: 4:22am On Dec 26, 2013
PetroDolla2: this is exactly what I always say about the low IQ level of most nigerians. is it something to do with the high poverty level or plain stvpidity? you just said the photos posted about nigerian universities were to 'smear' the FG and defend ASUU's strike. Did it also strike you that the report about Ghana's universities could also be part of a smear campaign? or the 'smear' applies to only nigeria, and not Ghana? such pathetic people with a sh1thole personality!

Excellent! Couldn't have said it better myself. Bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by onyinye03(f): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
I don't appreciate the insults, they're not needed, but in all fairness, u have a very gOod point,but I also think tht this Ghana vs NG argument is a little childish nd pointless. *nb I'm a nigerian
PetroDolla2: do nigerians have rags or cotton stuffed inside that captivity that ought to contain brain or something? I always find their level of reasoning incredibly absurd.

Can you imagine this monkey 'celebrating' billionaires in a country where 90% of the people survive on less than $2 a day, despite being a major oil exporter? so tell me, MUMU- what has the emergence of those billionaires done to you and your sick and dustbin country?

Tell me how those so-called billionaires have contributed to a better life for your impoverished azz?you see in saner societies, most of those you are hailing as 'billionaires' should be in jail.

for example, dangote has a huge interest in cement. for many years he had a monopoly over cement imports and kept the price of cement above the reach of many mumugerians. He was making huge donations to the PDP and so was allowed to do whatever he liked. Today, the price of cement is much lower in Ghana than in nigeria and yet dangote is a major cement producer in your country.

most of the so-called billionaires made their money through oil and gas deals-acquiring oil and gas blocks etc. these oil blocks are awarded at the whims and caprices of your corrupt leaders so much so that impoverished ediots like you can never dream of benefiting directly or indirectly from your oil and gas. as a stvpid as you are, can you ever dream of getting an oil contract in your country? even foreigners get oil contracts but an ediotic mumugerian like you can never get an oil contract because only one per cent of nigerians are controlling the wealth of your country. the rest of you are clueless, impoverished, suffering and smiling people who survive on less than $2 a day!

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by PetroDolla2: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
onyinye03: I don't appreciate the insults, they're not needed, but in all fairness, u have a very gOod point,but I also think tht this Ghana vs NG argument is a little childish nd pointless. *nb I'm a nigerian
hahahahaha who gives a fvck? give whatever advise you have to your MUMU compatriots. they need it, not me. I only respond to what I see or read.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by Adamskuty(m): 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Where are your facts to back it up. U can't even refine your oil, to talk of a complex machine such as a drone. Bakassi that's all I have to say
look at this dummy rying to compare his sh1thole with nigeria,are u mad grin

we refine our oil but not enough to go round but that will soon be a thing of the past as dangote is building africa's largest refinary and petrol-chemical plant in ogun state nigeria grin

we even manufacture our own vehicles,dummy.. Nissan is set to follow(a japanese automobile company) to set up vechile manufacturing plants in nigeria by 2014,pls don't compare..it's taboo grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1568337/inside-innoson-motor-manufacturing-plant
NISAAN MAKERS OF FORD,TOYOTA TO BUILD CARS IN NIGERIA

https://www.nairaland.com/1543807/gej-nissan-build-cars-nigeria

HECK,WESTAFRICA'S FIRST LIGHT RAIL PROJECT IS ON GOING IN LAGOS,SOON TO BE COMPLETED grin moda'fvcker

https://www.nairaland.com/1231238/lagos-light-rail-project-updates/1

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
You gaynian apes,yes we built our own drone.. The feat..ur jungle..sh1tty..unknown..irrelevant military wont achieve in a century from now grin smelling bastard grin

[b] Jonathan launches first Nigerian – builtdrone
Premium Times
Published: December 17,2013

The drone will be used for a variety of functions.
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday in Kaduna unveiled the country’s first indigenous unmanned aerial vehicle (drone), GULMA, designed and constructed by the Nigerian Air Force.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr. Jonathan said that the unveiling of the vehicle marked another landmark moment in the nation’s history.
He said that besides its diversemilitaryapplication, the vessel would provide a range of benefits in disaster management, power line surveys and law enforcement.
Mr. Jonathan said that the vehicle would also be useful in aerial imaging/mapping, telecommunications and weather monitoring.
“It is also rapidly becoming an important tool in news coverage, environmental monitoring, and oil and gas exploration.
“Considering the potential impact of its benefit and versatility, I cannot but say how proud I am of the men and women of our Armed Forces,” the president said.
“Apart from their commitment to the protection of our sovereignty, they are helping to keep our nation ahead inmilitaryscience and technology and to keep their civilian counterparts on their toes.
“Today, as we stand in appreciation of the gallant men and women of our Air Force, we are reminded that hard work and diligence can break many barriers,’’ he said.
Mr. Jonathan commended the Chief of Air Staff and all officers and men of the Nigerian Air Force for the achievement, noting that it would strengthen the country. He said it would also enhance the nation’s role in peace keeping and conflict prevention.
The president said he was optimistic that this stride by the Nigerian Air Force would mark a turning point for indigenous technology in every sector of the nation’s life.
“Let me assure the Air Force of the Federal Government’s support for this and all other research projects. We will encourage and assist private sector concerns to key into mass production of the project to achieve the highest and best commercial use of this prototype Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
“As I said in my Independence Day address, our nation is made great by the big and small efforts of regular citizens. Indeed, indigenous initiatives remain indispensable in achieving national greatness.
“To retain the country’s importance on the global stage, we must continue to produce leaders in science, technology, and engineering, and invest more in ideas,” the president said.
In his remark, the Supervising Minister of Defence, Labaran Maku, said the development of a surveillance aircraft by the Nigerian Air Force was a bold statement of government’s resolve to provide security for the Nigerian populace.
Mr. Maku, who is the Minister of Information, said that the GULMA UAV would potentially afford the armed forces a window of immense opportunities in its task of acquiring timely intelligence and combating criminality.
“Although the UAV was a brainchild of the Nigerian Air Force, it is important that other services and security agencies incorporate it into their operations, if its potential is to be fully harnessed.
“There is therefore, the need for a comprehensive policy on UAV acquisition and operation to optimise the employment of GULMA UAV by all services and security agencies,’’ he said.
Earlier, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh, had said that the GULMA was designed to meet vast expectations and needs.
Mr. Badeh said that the GULMA could be employed by the armed forces and security agencies for the protection of the country.
He explained that the air force envisaged partnership with agencies such as NEMA and the
NigeriaAir Space Management Agencyfor weather forecasting.
“Furthermore, the GULMA, as a qualitative, timely and reliable source of information could serve as a powerful tool for media practitioners.
“To sustain the current tempo of development, the NAF would require the assistance of government in infrastructure and human capacity development,” the Air chief said.
(NAN) [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
Jiggaman u dummy,nigeria got 4 space satellites,the first nigeria satellite was built by europeans.the 2/3 and 4th were built by nigerian engineers,niggeer never compare ur pit-laterine with nigeria grin grin show us any satellites ur tiny jungle built? grin since 2011,ape grin

[b]Nigeria Launches an African-Built Satellite

10/03/2011
Share this
Share on FacebookShare on Google+Share on В КонтактеShare on TwitterEmail this article

NIGERIASAT-2 (shown here in a rendered image) andNigeriaSat-X will take infrared readings of Nigeria's farms, and beam down data estimating next season's crop forecast
Correction attached
This is the VOA Special English Technology Report.
Nigeria has launched the first satellite designed and built byAfricans. The NigeriaSat-X is one of two Earth observation satellites that the country recently launched. These are Nigeria's third and fourth satellites.
The NigeriaSat-X is the result of a training agreement between the National Space Research and Development Agency and a company called Surrey Satellite Technology. Twenty-six Nigerian engineers attended a training program over an eighteen-month period at the satellite developer’s offices in the United Kingdom.
Steve Young is head of business development for the company. He says the skills that the young Nigerian scientists have learned should help not only their country's space program.
STEVE YOUNG: “You are now beginning to train a corps of very experienced engineers, high-technology technicians, and people who are going to benefit the wider economy. That also is a very good effect that the Nigerians get in investing in high-tech programs. They've got to develop their economy, and that's one of the ways they do that is by doing this.”
The cameras on the satellites can show details of objects as small as two and a half meters across. These images will be used to map territory and help with city planning. The pictures can also provide valuable information about crop and land conditions, and assist in disaster relief efforts.
Steve Young says this kind of information is often lacking in developing countries.
STEVE YOUNG: “We often take it for granted in industrialized nations that we have all this information, we have accurate maps, we have land registries, we have planning systems, we have precision agriculture systems. We have all this stuff in place, but for a lot of countries, they don't.” [/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Black burnt monkeys,as i post mine,post urs of ur sh1tty jungle,lets see what they have accomplished grin grin grin grin

[b] Nigerian satellites are picture perfect
By Jonathan Amos
Science correspondent, BBC News

A view of Auckland, New Zealand, is the first image released from
the Nigerian spacecraft

Nigeria's latest Earth observation satellites have returned their first pictures.
The spacecraft, launched on 17 August, give the African nation a powerful new capability to mapitsownlands and other parts of the globe.
NigeriaSat-2 and NigeriaSat-X will also assist the Disaster Monitoring Constellation.
This UK-managed fleet of spacecraft is used to picture regions of the Earth gripped by natural calamities.
These might be catastrophic floods or a big earthquake. Images sent down fromspacewill often be critical to organising an effective emergency response.
The first picture released from the Nigerian pair is of New Zealand's biggest city, Auckland.
It was acquired by NigeriaSat-X, and reveals the buildings and the landscape surrounding this major urban centre.
It is just possible to see the wakes of ships passing under the harbour bridge that joins downtown Auckland with North Shore City.
The satellite is equipped with a multi-spectral imager for general mapping, agricultural monitoring and disaster relief work.
Nigerian engineers builtNigeriaSat-X with the help of their British counterparts
The resolution in this picture is 22m per pixel. Vegetation is picked out in red.
Both NigeriaSat-X and NigeriaSat-2 were designed and built by Surrey SatelliteTechnology Limited (SSTL) in Guildford, UK.
What is interesting about NigeriaSat-X is that the work was undertaken by NIGERIAN ENGINEERS themselves. The skills they have learnt will now be taken home so that they can build future space craft in their own country.
It is a model previously followed by Turkey.Its engineers received their education at SSTL as well, and the same rocket that launched the Nigerian platforms also launched Rasat.
This remote sensing satellite(7.5m resolution) is the first to have been developed and manufactured in Turkey by Turkish engineers.
SSTL Executive Chairman, Sir Martin Sweeting, commented:"NigeriaSat-X is the product of Nigeria's training and development programme here at Surrey.
"It is a great credit to NASRDA (NationalSpaceResearch and Development Agency) and their engineers that thissatelliteis performing well and its operations are progressing so quickly.
"These highly skilled engineers will not only help Nigeria to manage its resources, but also bootstrap its fledgling high-tech economy alongside a growing nucleus of highly trained people."
A first picture should be released from NigeriaSat-2 in the coming days. This is a much more powerful platform, able to resolve details on the Earth's surface just 2.5m across.
Few countries in the world have access to such a capability. [/b]

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?hl=en&u=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14679166&q=Nigeria+built+its+own+space+satellite&sa=X&ei=LUC8UqixKOSt0QXT-4BQ&ved=0CDAQFjAE

UGLY DERANGED CHARCHANT FROM GAYNA JUNGLE....

NIGERIA..SAT-X WAS BUILT AND DESIGNED BY NIGERIAN ENGINEERS..,ur tiny sh1thole is behind us,,do y'all know kenya economy is larger than ur jungle?? Y'all apes grin

the first picture is an image captured by our satellite cool

the 2nd one is a nigerian engineer working on the satellite cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
Loool! Nigeria got 5 satellites,read my lips y'all under-achievers.. 5 satellites not 4 grin ur jungle dont even have one grin

5 satellites for different purposes grin grin grin lol!

a brief history about our satellites from wikipedia grin

[b] The Nigerian Satellites

Five satellites have been launched by the Nigerian government into outer space. Early plans to launch a national satellite in 1976 were not executed. TheNigeriaSat-1 was the first Nigerian satellite and built by a United Kingdom-based satellite technology company, Surrey Space Technology Limited (SSTL ltd) under the Nigerian government sponsorship for $30 million. The satellite was launched by Kosmos-3M rocket from Russian Plesetsk spaceport on 27 September 2003. Nigeriasat-1 was part of the world-wide Disaster Monitoring Constellation System. [ 1 ]The primary objectives of the Nigeriasat-1 were: to give early warning signals of environmental disaster; to help detect and control desertificationin the northern part of Nigeria; to assist in demographic planning; to establish the relationship between malaria vectors and the environment that breeds malaria and to give early warning signals on future outbreaks of mening it isusing remote sensing technology; to provide the technology needed to bring education to all parts of the country through distant learning; and to aid in conflict resolution and border disputes by mapping out state and International borders.
NigeriaSat-2 &NigeriaSat-X, Nigeria's 3rd and 4th satellites, were built as a high-resolution earth satellite by SSTL for DMC system also. It has 2.5-metre resolution panchromatic (very high resolution), 5-metre multispectral (high resolution, NIR red, green and red bands), and 32-metre multispectral (medium resolution, NIR red, green and red bands) antennas. The NigeriaSat-2/X spacecraft was built at a cost of over £35 million.[ citation needed]This satellite was launched into orbitby Ukrainian Dnepr rocket from a Yasny military base in Russia on 17 August 2011. [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
NigComSat-1, a Nigerian satellite ordered and built in China in 2004, was Nigeria's second satellite and Africa's first communication satellite. It was launched on 13 May 2007, aboard a Chinese Long March 3B carrier rocket, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centrein China. The spacecraft was operated by NigComSatand the Nigerian Space Agency, NASRDA. On 11 November 2008, NigComSat-1 failed in orbit after running out of power due to an anomaly in its solar array. It was based on the Chinese DFH-4 satellite bus, and carries a variety of transponders: 4 C-band; 14 Ku-band; 8 Ka-band; and 2 L-band. It was designed to provide coverage to many parts of Africa, and the Ka-band transponders would also cover Italy.
On 10 November 2008 (0900 GMT), the satellite was reportedly switched off for analysis and to avoid a possible collision with other satellites. According to Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited, it was put into "emergency mode operation in order to effect mitigation and repairs". [ 3 ]The satellite eventually failed after losing power on 11 November 2008.
On 24 March 2009, the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, NigComSat Ltd. and CGWIC signed a further contract for the in-orbit delivery of the NigComSat-1R satellite. NigComSat-1R was also a DFH-4 satellite, and is expected to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2011 as a replacement for the failed NigComSat-1. [ 4 ]
On 19 December 2011, a new Nigerian communications satellite was lunched into orbit by China in Xichang.The satellite according to Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan which was paid for by the insurance policy on NigComSat-1 which de-orbited in 2009, would have a positive impact on national development in various sectors such as communications, internet services, health, agriculture, environmental protection and national security. [ 5 ]
*.NigeriaSat-1is a satellite of the standard Disaster Monitoring Constellation(DMC) design. It has 100 kg mass and carries an optical imaging payload developed by SSTL to provide 32 m ground resolution with an exceptionally wide swath width of over 640 km. The payload uses green, red and near infrared bands equivalent to Landsat TM+ bands 2, 3 and 4. Images are stored in a 1-gigabyte solid-state data recorder and returned via an 8-Mbit/s S-band downlink. NigeriaSat-1 can image scenes as large as 640 x 560 km, providing unparalleled wide-area, medium-resolution data. The data will be used within Nigeria to monitor pollution, land use and other medium-scale phenomena. Launched on 27 September 2003.
*.NigeriaSat-2andNigeriaSat-Xwith 300 kg mass each - to replace NigeriaSat-1, commenced November 6, 2006, [ 6 ]launched 17 August 2011.
*. NigComSat-1Communications satellite providing rural internet access - launched on 13 May 2007, aboard a Chinese Long March 3B carrier rocket, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in China. The satellite was the second Nigerian satellite to be placed into orbit. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Continuation for y'all gaynian monkeys grin

[b] The satellite was the second Nigerian satellite to be placed into orbit. On 10 November 2008 (0900 GMT), the satellite was reportedly switched off, because it lost both of its solar arrays. The satellite is a total loss. The satellite was owned and operated by Nigerian Communication Satellite limited, an SPV, incorporated as a state owned enterprise, fully funded and owned by Federal Government of Nigeria. NigComSat Limited is currently being supervised by the Newly created Ministry of communications Technology and regulated by NCC and NBC.
*.NigComSat-1R- to replace the lost NigComSat-1, launched by China on 19 December 2011 with no cost to Nigeria. [ 7 ]

Future projects

Satellites
NigComSat-2 and NigComSat-3- more communications satellites to extend Nigerian Communication Satellite ltd capacity, planning to launch in 2012 and 2013.
NigeriaSAT-1- dual-aimed military/civil Earth monitoring satellite with synthetic aperture radar, planning to launch in 2015.
Satellite build technology
Robert Ajayi Boroffice announced at a public lecture on space technology development that Nigeria will be able to build indigenous satellites in the country without foreign assistance by 2018. [ 8 ]

Satellite launch vehicle and spaceport

Robert Ajayi Boroffice disclosed also that Nigeria will take advantage of its geographic location to launch into near-equatorial orbit by indigenous developed space launcher from a national spaceport to be built near 2025-2028 with possible help from the Ukraine.
Planetary researches
Moon planetary probe is planning to 2030.

Astronauts

The first Nigerian astronaut is scheduled to launch abroad a foreign spacecraft in 2015-2020 with talks for this plan with Russia being held in the 2000s. Additionally after Nigerian space partner China launched the Shenzhou rocket in 2011, they have been planning to take on foreign astronauts, currently this seems more likely to lead to a Nigerian astronaut in space in the near future [/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Adamskuty:

https://www.nairaland.com/1568337/inside-innoson-motor-manufacturing-plant
NISAAN MAKERS OF FORD,TOYOTA TO BUILD CARS IN NIGERIA
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/126306/1/nissan-to-open-vehicle-factory-in-nigeria-in-2014.html

cool cool

[b] Nissan to open vehicle factory in Nigeria in 2014
ByThe Rainbow 
Modern Ghana
gives daily news updates of the country Ghana
www.modernghana.com

Nissan is set to become the first major car-maker to open a factory in Nigeria following recent announcement by the Federal Government to ban importation of used cars.

Signing a Memorandum of Understanding with West African conglomerate Stallion Group,Nissan is now waiting for Nigerian government to give a final approval to the new Automobile Industrial Policy, designed to encourage development of the automotive industry in Nigeria.
The company believes the Lagos-based facility could become a future hub for Nissan's expansion in Africa.
As a part of the project,Nissan will expand Stallion's facility in Lagos, aiming at annual production capacity of 45,000 vehicles, involving a range of cars including light duty trucks, pickups and vans.
It is believed the first car, probably a Nissan patrol SUV, will leave the Nigerian production line in the spring of 2014.
Capacity at the plant will also be opened to Nissan’s Alliance partner Renault,to be utilised according to future business needs.
“We welcome the proactive measures being taken by the Government of Nigeria to encourage inward investment and job creation driven by local auto manufacturing,'said Nissan's President and CEO Carlos Ghosn.'Together with our local partner,Nissan is preparing to makeNigeria a significant manufacturing hub inAfrica. As the first-mover in Nigeria, we are positioned for the long-term growth in this market and across the broader continent,” he said.
A Lagos,Nigeria-based VON Automobile Ltd plant will be expanded to 45,000 unitstoassemble a range of cars, light duty trucks, pickups and vans, the press release said.
The first product will likely be the Nissan Patrol SUV in 2014.
“We welcome the proactive measures being taken by the government of Nigeria to encourage inward investment and job creation driven by local auto manufacturing,”Nissan president and CEO Carlos Ghosn saidina press release.
“Together with our local partner,Nissanis preparing to make Nigeriaa significant manufacturing hub in Africa. As the first-mover inN igeria, we are positioned for the long-term growth of this market and across the broader continent.”
Nissan hopes to double annual sales in Africa after jointly launching the auto assembly plant.
The Federal Executive Council of Nigeria recently approved a new Automotive Industrial Policy Development Plan for the development of the Nigerian automotive industry.
According to Minister of Trade, Olusegun Aganga,  the country spent a total of N550 billion ($3.4 billion) and N660 billion ($4.2 billion)in2010 on the importation of cars.
The figure is expected to have spiked significantly in the past three years after that 2010 value.
Car importation takes the biggest share of the country’s foreign reserves followed  by machinery. [/b] heck! They have even started building their factory already grin

ur sh11tty websites are even carrying our news up and down grin grin chaaai! grin gaynaians are obsess with their lord,poor,dirty,jungle grin grin thank God i'm not gaynian,i will prefer to be a an ethiopian that gaynian grin grin

even ethiopia is ten timees better than ur jungle,their got one of the best military in africa and are even planing on building their own light rail transport grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
The lagos light rail is almost completed,the abuja light rail project is on going..osun or ogun state is about to build its own light rail as well,same with port-hacourt,all powered with electricity,they will have their own special power station which is been built as well grin ,which one does accra (akara) has? grin

hope y'all burnt demons know what a light rail is,it isn't those slow trains that moves as the speed of snail grin superfast,modern,passenger trains,the best the world has to offer grin

[b] THE ABUJA LIGHT RAIL IN PROGRESS

700,000 Passengers to Ride Abuja Light Rail Daily in 2015

ARTICLE |JULY 24, 2013 - 11:50AM| BYMICHAEL PAUL.

An estimated 700,000 passengers are projected to ride the Abuja Light Rail(ALR) daily when the first phase of the project takes off in 2015, FCT Minister, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed has said.
The minister stated this during the flag-off of construction works on the 12 railstations located along the first phase of the ALRproject.
He performed the flag-off ceremony jointly with the Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT, Senator Smart Adeyemi and the FCT Minister of State, Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide.
The ground-breaking took place at site of the National ParkRailStation, Wuye District,Abuja.
The 12 railway stations under construction cover lots 1A and 3 which make up the first phase of the ALRproject. The projects are scheduled to be completed within the first quarter of 2015.
Giving a breakdown of the 12railstations, Senator Bala Mohammed said that Lot 1A has four stations while Lot 3 has eight.
The four stations along Lot 1A are Gwagwa Station, Deidei Station, Jibi Station and Gwazango Station; while the eight stations along Lot 3 are AbujaMetro Station, National Stadium Station, National Park Station, Ring Road II Station, Wupa Station, Idu Transfer Station, Airport East Station and Airport Main Station.
Senator Bala Mohammed said the 12 stations would provide shopping precincts, cultural and entertainment centres to boost tourism.
According to him:"The railstations are places of high economic activities, boarding or a lighting,rail transit management and operations, commercial and tourism activities." [/b]

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/700000-passengers-ride-abuja-light-rail-daily-2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Rankings: Africa

Top 100 Colleges and Universities in Africa by University Web Ranking. Link to it ♥

2013 University Web Rankings | Africa

Top 100 Universities and Colleges in Africa by the 4icu.org University Web Ranking
1 University of South Africa
South Africa

2 University of Cape Town
South Africa

3 Universiteit Stellenbosch
South Africa

4 University of Dar es Salaam
Tanzania

5 University of KwaZulu-Nata l
South Africa

6 University of Pretoria
South Africa

7 Cairo University
Egypt

8 University of the Witwatersran d
South Africa

9 University of the Western Cape
South Africa

10 Obafemi Awolowo University
Nigeria

11 Makerere University
Uganda

12 University of Botswana
Botswana

13 Mansoura University
Egypt

14 Rhodes University
South Africa

15 Alexandria University
Egypt

16 The American University in Cairo
Egypt

17 Zagazig University
Egypt

18 University of Johannesbur g
South Africa

19 Assiut University
Egypt

20 University of Nairobi
Kenya

21 Université Cheikh Anta Diop
Senegal

22 University of Zambia
Zambia

23 North- West University
South Africa

24 University of Lagos
Nigeria

25 Tanta University
Egypt

26 University of Ghana
Ghana
gayna best uni sad sad grin grin grin grin grin

27 Université de Ouagadougo u
Burkina Faso

28 Université Mohammed V - Agdal
Morocco

29 Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
South Africa

30 Cape Peninsula University of Technology
South Africa

31 Université d'Antananariv o
Madagascar

32 Ain Shams University
Egypt

33 University of Ibadan
Nigeria

34 Kenyatta University
Kenya

35 University of Namibia
Namibia

36 Universiteit van die Vrystaat
South Africa

37 University of Nigeria
Nigeria

38 The German University in Cairo
Egypt

39 University of Limpopo
South Africa

40 Université de la Reunion
Reunion

41 University of Khartoum
Sudan

42 Benha University
Egypt

43 Universidade Eduardo Mondlane
Mozambique

44 Helwan University
Egypt

45 École Nationale d'Architectur e
Morocco

46 University of Fort Hare
South Africa

47 Université Nationale du Rwanda
Rwanda

48 Al Akhawayn University
Morocco

49 Université Catholique de l'Afrique de l'Ouest
Benin

50 Tshwane University of Technology
South Africa

51 Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Kenya

52 Minia University
Egypt

53 Addis Ababa University
Ethiopia

54 Fayoum University
Egypt

55 Moi University
Kenya

56 University of Ilorin
Nigeria

57 October 6 University
Egypt

58 South Valley University
Egypt

59 Sokoine University of Agriculture
Tanzania

60 Université Mouloud Maameri de Tizi Ouzou
Algeria

61 Université Mohammed V - Souissi
Morocco

62 Al-Azhar University
Egypt

63 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Ghana
gayna 2nd best uni appear in 63 in africa grin grin grin sh1thole grin

64 Misurata University
Libya

65 Minoufiya University
Egypt

66 Université d'Oran
Algeria

67 Université Hassan II Mohammedia - Casablanca
Morocco

68 Polytechnic of Namibia
Namibia

69 Université d'Alger
Algeria

70 University of Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe

71 University of Cape Coast
Ghana
their 3rd best uni at 71 shocked grin grin

72 The British University in Egypt
Egypt

73 Université de Tunis El Manar
Tunisia

74 University of Zululand
South Africa

75 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Nigeria

76 University of Malawi
Malawi

77 Université Cadi Ayyad
Morocco

78 Université Mentouri de Constantine
Algeria

79 Suez Canal University
Egypt

80 Université de Yaoundé I
Cameroon

81 Egerton University
Kenya

82 University of Swaziland
Swaziland

83 Kafr el-Sheikh University
Egypt

84 Université Ibn Tofail
Morocco

85 Université de la Manouba
Tunisia

86 Université Hassan II - Casablanca
Morocco

87 Covenant University
Nigeria

88 University of Benin
Nigeria

89 École Nationale Supérieure en Informatique
Algeria

90 Université des Sciences et de la Technologie Houari Boumediène
Algeria

91 Durban University of Technology
South Africa

92 Strathmore University
Kenya

93 Ahmadu Bello University
Nigeria

94 Université Ibnou Zohr
Morocco

95 Universidade de Cabo Verde
Cape Verde

96 Sudan University of Science and Technology
Sudan

97 University of Mauritius
Mauritius

98 Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
Tanzania

99 Gulu University
Uganda

100 Vaal University of Technology
South Africa
Site last updated: Tuesday, 12 November 2013
Twitter Facebook Google+
4 International Colleges & Universities
About us• Link to us
© 2005-2013

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

i cant believe only 3 gaynian uni made africa's top...100 grin whatelse do one expect from a sh1thole where student schools in container and mud house and call it university grin ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
What is 4icu ? 4 international colleges and universities,rankings from this organization is the best in the world. grin

[b] Your gateway to World Universities and Colleges
4 International Colleges&Universities is an international higher education search engine and directory reviewing accredited Universities and Colleges in the world.4icu.org includes 11,160 Colleges and Universities, ranked by web popularity, in 200 countries.

Being a non-paid directory,4icu.org is free of charge to both visitors and organisations included. No registration is also required.

Organizations included
The4icu.org directory includes worldwide higher education organisations which satisfy the following requirements:
are officially recognized,licensed o
r accredited by national or regional bodies such as ministries of education and/or recognized higher education accrediting organizations.

are officialy entitled to grantfour-year undergraduate degreesand/or postgraduate degrees.

provide traditional face-to-face learning facilities, programs and courses.

The4icu.org directory currently does not include:
two-year degree granting institutions such as Community Colleges, Vocational Colleges, Training Colleges etc.
distance learning only organizations.
other higher education organizations that do not satisfy the above requirements

To ensure the quality of the directory listing,4icu.org does not participate in link exchanges or include affiliate resources within the directory.

All University and College profiles are included and updated free of charge.

Geographical classification
We adopt the United Nations geographical classification as shown in the webpage"Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions
"published by the United Nations Statistics Division.

For this reason countries like Turkey and Cyprus are included in the Asian geographical area even if, politically speaking, they might better fit under the European one.

4icu.org University Web Ranking Methodology
Universities and Colleges are ranked by our exclusive 4icu.org University Web Ranking. The ranking has been published since
May 2005. Since then the ranking methodology has been periodically fine-tuned in order to provide better results.

The current ranking is based upon an algorithm including five unbiased and independent web metrics extracted from three different search engines:

Google Page Rank
Alexa Traffic Rank
Majestic SeoReferring Domains
Majestic SeoCitation Flow
Majestic SeoTrust Flow

Web metrics data are collected on the same day to minimize temporal fluctuations and maximize comparibility. A pre-computational filter is adopted to detect
outliers in the raw data. Further investigation and a review of Alexa Traffic Rank data is carried out for universities adopting a
subdomain(highly not recommended) as their official institutional home page.

Once filtered (outliers) and reviewed (subdomains), web metrics data are normalised to a scale of 0 to 100 taking into consideration the logarithmic nature in which both the Google Page Rank and the Alexa Traffic Rank are expressed. The three normalised values are aggregated based on a weighted average algorithm which generates the final score and web ranking.
The exact formula adopted to aggregate the three web metrics is not disclosed for copyright reasons and to minimise attempts of manipulation from university webmasters in order to achieve better rankings.

The same philosophy is adopted by Google with regards to their search engine ranking algorithm. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities by adamscuti(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gayna is indeed s sh1thole,a Godforsaken tiny village,a jungle,a malformity grin grin i give up

Getting out of the shit : toilets and the daily failure of governance in Ghana1

The politics of sanitation

Visiting some of the poor neighbourhoods of Accra in the beginning of the 21st century one would imagine oneself walking through Windhoek in 1925. It happened to the two authors of this paper when they went to"inspect"two public toilets in Nima, which is one of the most densely populated suburbs of Accra. The toilets were located in an open space between the houses and the road. Women and children were selling foodstuffs only a few yards away. The same space held two containers for solid waste disposal, which were overflowing. Goats were searching for food in the rubbish on the ground near the containers.

Both toilets had 16 squatting holes, eight for each sex. People visiting the toilet had to pay a small amount to the caretaker. In one toilet the PIT IS COMPLETLY FULL AND THE FAECES CAME UP TO COVER OVER THE BRIM OF HOLES. Used toilet paper was lying about or had been deposited in large baskets, which were bloc king the passage. The stench was as enormous as the physical and visual filth. For one not used to it, it seemed a miracle that people managed to relieve themselves in such conditions and reappear from the toilet totally spotless.
6. Close to one of the toilets, in the open air, was a huge container in which night‑soil collectors emptied their buckets containing faeces from private houses. The buckets, which they used for their work were standing next to the container.

7. Little children often did not enter the toilet but defecated behind the toilet in the open space, apparently they could not spend the money or they preferred the"fresh air".
8. While we were inspecting the place, taking some pictures and discussing the procedures with the caretaker,agroup of people assembled around us and expressed their anger and dismay about the sordid sanitation conditions in their neighbourhood. They talked about promises which had been made to them by the city authorities and accused them of total lack of concern and of stealing the money allotted to the construction of proper sanitation facilities.
Governance

9.If"governance"can be taken to mean, as Stoker (1998) suggests, the successful management of community affairs throughamixing of public,  private and voluntary actors, sanitationisan excellent case to test the workings and adequacy of governance. In the area of sanitation public and private concerns and manners of addressing them come together. Defecation, which is a private and intimate activity, constitutes a public problem both in terms of health risk and environmental pollution. It may, therefore, be expected that the"blurring of boundaries and responsibilities"and the importance of"self‑governing networks of actors", which Stoker (1998 : 18) mentions as key elements of governance, will manifest themselves in the management of human waste. Governance, with its emphasis on (governmental support of) autonomy of actors, reminds one ofaconcept, which was popular a few decades ago in the domain of health policy : Primary Health Care (PHC). The term is no longer used in policy plans as it conjures upatoo‑optimistic picture of people's ability and determination to solve their problems by their own means. The term also assumes an overly positive image of the determination of governments to contribute to sustainable improvement at the level of local communities.
10. More than ten years ago, one of us argued that PHC meant different things to different stakeholders with different (often conflicting) interests at different levels of social and political organisation (Van der Geest et al. 1990). For representatives of international agencies, PHC wasa‑ somewhat utopian ‑ ideal to realise"Health for all by the year 2000",aprescription for health ‑ and overall ‑ development from below. For national governments in developing countries, PHC was first of allastrategic term and buzzword to increase foreign financial aid and reduce spending on local health care. For local inhabitants, PHC meantacut in government support,"second‑hand health care", and"forced self‑reliance".
2Two decades ago Foster (1982) questioned if PHC was the reappearance of Community Development in a d
(...)
11. We do not want to fall into cynicism but cannot help wondering if"governance"isthe reincarnation of abandoned policies of the past, such as PHC (and"Community Development"
2). In this paper we will present and discuss two cases of sanitation in Ghana, one rural, one urban, and suggest that the poor management of human waste epitomises the limitations and failures of governance ‑ or PHC ‑ in present‑day Ghana.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Top 10 Methods Of Exam. Malpractice In Nigerian Higher Institutions. / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.