Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress (17207 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / My Neighbour And His Fiancee / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by jadoremoid: 2:09am On Dec 21, 2013
Dantedasz:

What do you mean by ofe mmanu type?
Why use such a derogatory word on a public forum?
This is what I mean when I say don't create problems for your poor hubby.
I will be reporting this to a moderator.

Maybe she stopped greeting you because she noticed you are a bigot. What is the meaning of referring to someone with the derogatory name ofe mmanu. Why bring her tribe into this simple issue? It seems more like you are the one who has a problem with her and I truly doubt that the woman is jealous of you. undecided

15 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by cynhamscakes(f): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2013
Nne you need to take back that statement you made. How can you be referring to someone in such manner and here you are claiming an angel!!! Its obvious you are trying to make an issue where there is none
You are the trouble maker here not your neighbour whom i suspect is ignoring you due to your troublesome nature (you proved that already).
If i know that your neighbour eh, i swear i will tell her what you said and incite her to beat the sh*t out of you.

Am from Delta married to a Yoruba man so i hate tribalism to the core.

Ofe nmanu my foot!

10 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Temibassie(f): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2013
Yomieluv: op,you are the one being sentimental,or feel everybody,or everything should stop cos hubby bought dstv that cost 12500 now,and other things,thank God you said your neighbour owns a car,why would someone with a car envy someone that just bought dstv.
Your landlord's inlaw is angry cos you are owing your house rent,yet forming dangote with your recent upgrade,tell hubby to pay outstanding rent,and cordial relationship would continue.
I haff died of lafta ooooooo

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2013
That is why I lv guys.
Who get time for all these drama?
She looked at me scornfully, she hissed as she passed me, her greetings wasn't as cheerful as before, infact, I'm suspecting her!
Women r their worst enemies.
Always imagining things and making mountain out of molehill. If she locked door and u knocked and knocked b4 she opened, thank her and go to ur flat.
What happened to minding ur biz?

Even if she is the type that stirs trouble, use diplomacy and cool it at least for the fact that u r their tenant abi u want ur hubby to start lookin for a new flat when it wasn't in his budget yet?
Secondly, it pays to live in peace with ur nebor. Maintain ur distance yet be close.
Hope u don't brag or gossip although ur posts says otherwise.

Oh my, what a mentality!

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by damiso(f): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: That is why I lv guys.
Who get time for all these drama?
She looked at me scornfully, she hissed as she passed me, her greetings wasn't as cheerful as before, infact, I'm suspecting her!
Women r their worst enemies.
Always imagining things and making mountain out of molehill. If she locked door and u knocked and knocked b4 she opened, thank her and go to ur flat.
What happened to minding ur biz?

Even if she is the type that stirs trouble, use diplomacy and cool it at least for the fact that u r their tenant abi u want ur hubby to start lookin for a new flat when it wasn't in his budget yet?
Secondly, it pays to live in peace with ur nebor. Maintain ur distance yet be close.
Hope u don't brag or gossip although ur posts says otherwise.

Oh my, what a mentality!

Spot on YPP.We women have time.'She looked at me','she did not look at me','she eyed me','she hissed',bla bla bla bla.Me if I greet someone she no answer my automatic reaction is maybe she no hear.I will greet her again.If I do it like 6 times and I notice no response she is telling me hold your greeting, salutation is not love. undecided

In a way that's why I like oyinbo land (not saying oyinbo land is better than naija o) but even among not so well off peeps, if my neighbour chooses not to say hello, it would never occur to me that its cos I painted my house or got SkyTv undecided undecided.Black people and I better pass you mentality.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2013
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 10:45am On Dec 21, 2013
Good morning friends,
Thanks for stopping to drop ur advice.l believe everything that happens in life is for a purpose.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by ireneidiva(f): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
chaircover:

Have you asked her what the problem is and why she no longer responds to your greeting.

Did you seek permission before you started painting the landlords house or is that not in your tenancy agreement? are you not breaking her wall to install your split AC?

Sha take it easy. You say you are not working so its your husband who will have to go and find 2 years rent money plus agency fee when you finally cause them to give you quit notice

Instead of you to be supporting your hubby and encouraging him to build his own place, you are on the path of giving him more headache when he has to start looking for new accommodation due to petty petty women squabbles.
she is the landlord's daugther-in-law, not the landlord or the landlord's son. If the op and her hubby want to break the house, the DIL shld leave the matter to the Landlord!

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by damiso(f): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
bluuu:
what is the meaning of ofem@nu please??

I think it means those people that eat oil but is said in derogatory way (I have alot of igbo friends so they told me).

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Poster,

I see you have removed ofe mmanu from your earlier post. But the truth is that it's obvious to me you are troublesome and uncouth. No reasonable and responsible person would use such a phrase in the family section. Your post should be moved to the "Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics" section where ethnic bigots like you are. I will give you the link and you will find your type there. Sorry I cannot advice you because you are clearly the trouble maker here.

https://www.nairaland.com/racism-tribalism

9 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
damiso:

I think it means those people that eat oil but is said in derogatory way (I have alot of igbo friends so they told me).

Oil I put on my kids white rice because they no fit chop the bottom pepper cheesy
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by tosinerinle(f): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
nne4: Hello friends,
There is a problem am facing now and it disturbs me alot. I have 3 kids and pregg now.Recently my husband and i planned to buy new thing in our home which will cost thousands of naira.so this December we painted our flat,bought new Tv,water dispenser,split unit AC,foam,Dstv, washing machine etc.
When we started buying these things,one of my neighbours stops greeting me even when i greeted her she doesn't reply.l am really surprised bc i don't know that such people exist.I pray always and even do midnight prayers for myself and my family, Pls married people in d house with such neighbours or landlady how do u handle such situation.
Pls help a sister.
Ignore her, u even ve time who d hell is she. People like dt u deal with them as if they don't exist she is just been jealous. I wish u re like me

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Funny thread!

OP don arrive and feel everyone is jealous or after them.
My dear, talk to her and see what's the problem, maybe you have done something wrong which you don't know. But since you say you don't like trouble, call her and find out what going on.

Maybe she is going through a lot, maybe lost something very dear.dont judge people esp if you don't know what's happening on their daily lives, smiley

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by tpia5: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
People typically get jealous if they feel others are doing better than them.

Ideally, you should move elsewhere.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Chillisauce: Funny thread!

OP don arrive and feel everyone is jealous or after them.
My dear, talk to her and see what's the problem, maybe you have done something wrong which you don't know. But since you say you don't like trouble, call her and find out what going on.

Maybe she is going through a lot, maybe lost something very dear.dont judge people esp if you don't know what's happening on their daily lives, smiley
l m not judging o.we all have one challenge we face in life.l have my landlord,landlady,other 7 neighbours and l don't have problem with them since 3 years i have been living there.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Abali1(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
ireneidiva:
she is the landlord's daugther-in-law, not the landlord or the landlord's son. If the op and her hubby want to break the house, the DIL shld leave the matter to the Landlord!
I beg to disagree. I take care of my late Dad's properties (mum is getting old and weak). So if I am married and one my tenants is breaking my house, you will say its not my wife's business?
@Op,
A woman who already has a secured roof over her head and also has a car she is driving (I assume her husband equally has a car) is jealous of you because you bought a split unit, DSTV and repainted your flat.......... I don't believe it.
Abeg a wise old man once said that "Your landlord's DOG is also your landlord". Nuff said.
NB
Nne, what do you mean by Ofe mmanu? You left your village to Lagos and rented apartment from the people and you still have the gut to call them Ofe mmanu?.........If they throw your things out, you will start saying that they hate Igbos.......abi?

10 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by thatchic: 5:48am On Dec 22, 2013
@op, you came to a forum comprised of people from different ethnic groups and even different national and racial groups and used a derogatory word. That my dear shows: your poor thought process and lack of filter.

You can re-decorate your flat with horchow furniture if you want, but you are still a tenant, so you need to rearrange your thought process and figure out who should really be jealous of whom.

You need an attitude adjustment before the o$$$$$nu madam at the top makes you a homeless woman

6 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by TheMadame(f): 5:55am On Dec 22, 2013
Can you just imagine?
I have lived and worked in every zone in this country as a civil servant and I am yet to see any area of this country where a peoples hospitality is repaid with such insolence.
When I meet such bigots as this OP,in real life or on line there is no half stepping or kid gloves-I give them a swift verbal smack down.
That generally puts them in their place.

6 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Ennyhollar(f): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Op, just ignored them, you are not from the same family, and they are not your landlord or landlady, Just go ur way

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
baggy4luv: fool to the core..keep your talent
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by dominique(f): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Rofl @ the comments on this thread @Nashville you wicked no be small cheesy. Op, its all in your head, I doubt if the lady in question is jealous of your acquisitions. Continue to be civil towards her and if she's still being cold, gently ask her what went wrong. And if you can't look past her tribe and be a bit civil, kindly ignore.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by luqken: 12:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Guys ,pls always remember to add split unit ac, washing machine ancd em, em i pass my neighbour to d list of things her hubby acquire dat makes future landlady envy her,not only dstv abeg. may be dat will let u guys understand her point better.
smh!
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 23, 2013
^^ I'll presume that as sarcasm. grin
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 10:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Ennyhollar: Op, just ignored them, you are not from the same family, and they are not your landlord or landlady, Just go ur way
tnxs for ur advice.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2013
This issue made me to search "jealous neighbour"on Google and i learnt alot.
Thank u all for your time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You? / Why Didn’t I Bleed During My First Intercourse? / My Marriage Life Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.