Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render (7362 Views)

Lekki International Airport Render / Air Force Corporal Slaps CSP Thrice At Lagos Airport / VIDEO: Lagos Transport Commissioner Embarrassed At Gani Memorial Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
See what the Chinese construction company (CCECC) plans developing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6J_U7GkVG4

This is going to be the biggest airport on the continent after completion.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
The current MMIA will be extended

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Jakumo(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Interesting design. The layout bears a vague resemblance to Los Angeles International Airport, except that the area occuped by parking structures in LAX is, in this proposed layout, occupied by a round edifice of some sort.

For artistic completion, a landmark statue depicting an arriving air traveller sprinting through a horde of "taxi-drivers" and area boys, could be erected astride the entry-way to the airport.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Jakumo: Interesting design. The layout bears a vague resemblance to Los Angeles International Airport, except that the area occuped by parking structures in LAX is, in this proposed layout, occupied by a round edifice of some sort.

For artistic completion, a landmark statue depicting an arriving air traveller sprinting through a horde of "taxi-drivers" and area boys, could be erected astride the entry-way to the airport.
#scratches head lipsrsealed
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
apc goons are No where to be found Hehehehe

4 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Delafruita(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
scipher: apc goons are No where to be found Hehehehe
what's this one saying?do you even know where the airport is?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by docsholz(m): 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
this isn't what lagos needs now, i'd rather they use such funds for housing

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by slimchimex(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fresh Air all the way...GEJ till 2030
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by taharqa: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thnk God they released d Render this time. They shld be doing so for all intending projects.... Beautiful Render by d way

5 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
doc sholz: this isn't what lagos needs now, i'd rather they use such funds for housing
so they should leave it alone abi?
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
Delafruita: what's this one saying?do you even know where the airport is?
it's on my head

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by PapaBrowne(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
doc sholz: this isn't what lagos needs now, i'd rather they use such funds for housing

The exact reason why a mortgage refininance company was launched a few weeks ago.
Aviation is aviation. Housing is housing. Lagos needs both. And this current administration is doing something about it all.

5 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by atlwireles: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2013

Is housing a federal government responsibility What is the state government doing?

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by eeeeeee: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nice render, hope the finished work comes out as good.

How come nobody is shouting eko oni baje?

We all know it is the FG that built Lagos, no need being bitter about it.

After all progress is progress.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
FG is wrong by still investing in that ingrate State!
Besides, no matter the infrastructure the Lagos Touts and criminals will forever make this the worst airport in the world.

Meanwhile, Fascist Fash and his APC band of frauds have and continue to defraud Lagos in their phantom Lekki Airport

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Magic Bishop: FG is wrong by still investing in that ingrate State!
Besides, no matter the infrastructure the Lagos Touts and criminals will forever make this the worst airport in the world.

Meanwhile, Fascist Fash and his APC band of frauds have and continue to defraud Lagos in their phantom Lekki Airport

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
scipher:

Yes, I said it!
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by ba7man(m): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Magic Bishop: FG is wrong by still investing in that ingrate State!

Its killing you inside, abi?

Make Lagos matter no give u heart attack oo.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
ba7man: Its killing you inside, abi?

Make Lagos matter no give u heart attack oo.

Yes it is killing me because you guys will turn around and claim that you built that airport from your pockets without regard for the actually funding source from the original layout and through to this concession to the little matter of which Minister was responsible for this initiative. Yes, that woman Stella Odua that you have all taken a full time appointment to discredit.

What all your Yoruba Ministers, PermSecs and Directors could not muster an Igbo woman has laid the foundation.

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by ba7man(m): 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Yes it is killing me because you guys will turn around and claim that you built that airport from your pockets without regard for the actually funding source from the original layout and through to this concession to the little matter of which Minister was responsible for this initiative. Yes, that woman Stella Odua that you have all taken a full time appointment to discredit.

What all your Yoruba Ministers, PermSecs and Directors could not muster an Igbo woman has laid the foundation.

Why don't you blame Stella Oduah for not locating the New Airport in the S.E??

When i heard the FG wanted to build an Aeropolis (somthing like that) in Lagos, Abuja etc, I questioned why non was located in any S.Eastern city. At least, we all know Igbos import a lot of stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
ba7man: Why don't you blame Stella Oduah for not locating the New Airport in the S.E??

When i heard the FG wanted to build an Aeropolis (somthing like that) in Lagos, Abuja etc, I questioned why non was located in any S.Eastern city. At least, we all know Igbos import a lot of stuffs.

When she fought and worked for the upgrading of Enugu Airport to be designated international status did not you and your northern ilk frown at this?

The Future of Nigeria lies in the East. Uyo and Calabar will within the next 10years upstage Lagos.

Mark my words.

Besides , this MMA is the only airport the SW has to boast of.

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by aventura: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Long long overdue. A state like Lagos should have over two airports by now, in fact all 36 states should by now, have a solid air structure that can transport Nigerians within the country. But you know what they say, better late than never.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
scipher: apc goons are No where to be found Hehehehe

They have understood how NL trending works. By avoiding posting , this thread will soon get to page 1 then 2 until it is lost in the archives.

But if it is one of their outright disinfo and lies they will log on with their multiple IDs and samefag their own posts shamelessly with their own likes and then afterwards rush to the Complaints section and request to the Janitor on duty (after much settlement) to move the thread to front page.

That is life on NL

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
Question: Why is there no train or mono-rail in the new airport rendering?

Abeg, see what an airport looks in the image below! This is Charles de Gualle one of Europe's finest airport cool

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Question: Why is there no train or mono-rail in the new airport rendering?

Abeg, see what an airport looks in the image below!

So that they can transport you from Gate 5 to Oshodi, abi.

Is there any rail structure on ground in Lagos? If you want to mention Fashola's light rail then don't.

It is not enough for you that they are upgrading the airport but you want them to have a rail network that will transport you to your door step, ode!

Go and ask your Governor to complete his phantom rail project first and if he finishes it at all ask him to commence linking it to the airport.

Nah FG go do everything for una?

I no blame you, nah free oil dey worry una.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by awodman: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Question: Why is there no train or mono-rail in the new airport rendering?

Abeg, see what an airport looks in the image below! This is Charles de Gualle one of Europe's finest airport cool
As Usual you didn't disappoint...Kudos

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
awodman:
As Usual you didn't disappoint...Kudos

I know most of you have not traveled far and wide to see what humanity is doing, hence when they put two slabs on the walls and call it an airport, you all jump high heaven.

Nigeria has the money to enter into a joint venture for an airport such as CDG or Pearson International in Toronto, so why can't or don't we do it? FYI, the airport shown in that CGI, can it serve 80 million passengers in a year?

Does that airport look like an airport that can take x2 A380s, X2 B747 x2 B773ER (or the new B777X), x5 A333 x10 A320 and x10 A320 in the space of 1hr?

Does it occur to most of you that West Africa and indeed Africa is growing at a pace and that in the next 20 years, We should be planning on have an airport in Lagos and Abuja that can accommodate at least 60 million passengers yearly?

Imagine a modern airport to be built in 2014 or 2015 will have no modern railway connecting the city, no airport coach terminus, no mono-rail, and a sign saying TRANSIT TERMINAL

Abeg, see this closer look of CDG arrival, the new one. I would have taken photos of Terminal A-E when I was there beginning of last week so you know that modern airports are built like a city!

Mind you, that road you see go out of the airport, takes you through to the A1, A86, stretch towards Star de France, Versailles, etc

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

So that they can transport you from Gate 5 to Oshodi, abi.

Is there any rail structure on ground in Lagos? If you want to mention Fashola's light rail then don't.

It is not enough for you that they are upgrading the airport but you want them to have a rail network that will transport you to your door step, ode!

Go and ask your Governor to complete his phantom rail project first and if he finishes it at all ask him to commence linking it to the airport.

Nah FG go do everything for una?

I no blame you, nah free oil dey worry una.

Abeg, take eye see something wey people dey call airport cool

1. Terminal 2

2. Terminal 1 -Old terminal

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I know most of you have not traveled far and wide to see what humanity is doing, hence when they put two slabs on the walls and call it an airport, you all jump high heaven.

Nigeria has the money to enter into a joint venture for an airport such as CDG or Pearson International in Toronto, so why can't or don't we do it? FYI, the airport shown in that CGI, can it serve 80 million passengers in a year?

Does that airport look like an airport that can take x2 A380s, X2 B747 x2 B773ER (or the new B777X), x5 A333 x10 A320 and x10 A320 in the space of 1hr?

Does it occur to most of you that West Africa and indeed Africa is growing at a pace and that in the next 20 years, We should be planning on have an airport in Lagos and Abuja that can accommodate at least 60 million passengers yearly?

Imagine a modern airport to be built in 2014 or 2015 will have no modern railway connecting the city, no airport coach terminus, no mono-rail, and a sign saying TRANSIT TERMINAL

Abeg, see this closer look of CDG arrival, the new one. I would have taken photos of Terminal A-E when I was there beginning of last week so you know that modern airports are built like a city!

Before you can walk you must first crawl.

You must start some where and this administration is obviously moving forward.

Those airports you mentioned started humbly and gradually expanded to their current status. Apart from Dubai airport which was built from scratch to it's current dimensions (and it still being remodeled as we speak) none of the aforementioned airports were what they were 20 years ago. Technology, aircraft capacities and passenger growth over the years have left their mark on all those airports including the one you have pictured. You must also consider the current passenger handling and aircraft that are being or expected within the near future serviced at the MMA .

Yes we are playing catch up because nothing was done in the past.

So stop whining your nonsense.

This just goes along way to reinstate my claim that Lagos as a whole doe not deserve any further investment from the FG purse. Much has been given to you. Go and ask Thiefnibu to account for 14yrs of stewardship!

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Before you can walk you must first crawl.

You must start some where and this administration is obviously moving forward.

Those airports you mentioned started humbly and gradually expanded to their current status. Apart from Dubai airport which was built from scratch to it's current dimensions (and it still being remodeled as we speak) none of the aforementioned airports were what they were 20 years ago. Technology, aircraft capacities and passenger growth over the years have left their mark on all those airports including the one you have pictured. You must also consider the current passenger handling and aircraft that are being or expected within the near future serviced at the MMA .

Yes we are playing catch up because nothing was done in the past.

So stop whining your nonsense.

This just goes along way to reinstate my claim that Lagos as a whole doe not deserve any further investment from the FG purse. Much has been given to you. Go and ask Thiefnibu to account for 14yrs of stewardship!
FYI, CDG Terminal 2 was built from scratch so I do not know what you are on about!

I wonder the day you lots will stop this blah blah crawling and walking Dubai made a bold statement, declaring that by 2020 1/3 of the world ODIs would be through Dubai's three main airports and they put in place plans to actualize it and today, Dubai is now a heavy hub for traffic from Europe, Asia and indeed Africa connecting millions of passenger yearly.

Nigeria and indeed Lagos is primed to be a major gateway in West Africa to the rest of the World, and you need more than a shed of an airport to make that happen. Imagine with every state in Nigeria owning an airport, coupled with 20 flights from airports in just 5 of the West African countries near by in the morning, will that airport you put up in that CGI cope?

CDG terminal 2 I posted has being undergoing construction for nearly 7 years running but they knew what future they wanted and began by creating an airport that can serve that future.

Why is it difficult for us to create bright futures in our minds in Nigeria and actually make them happen? With $3bn spent over the next 6 years, Lagos MMIA can be transformed to have a capacity of nearly 60 million and that airport would serve the country for another 25 years!

If you do not put in place the right facility, passengers and airline operators will avoid your airport and you will never grow your passenger capacity.

As for Lagos, you hating of the city would not change a thing. As someone from Benin City, I would have loved to see some traffic diverted to Benin Airport to alleviate the traffic situation in Lagos. However, I have to admit, Lagos is to Nigeria what London is to the United Kingdom. It is set in a beautiful location, with rivers and seas, with island that favours business ventures. So stop hating, the FG knows Lagos is a financial hub in West Africa and a business power house in Africa, hence the investment would continue to flow in from both central and at state level.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
FYI, CDG Terminal 2 was built from scratch so I do not know what you are on about!

I wonder the day you lots will stop this blah blah crawling and walking Dubai made a bold statement, declaring that by 2020 1/3 of the world ODIs would be through Dubai's three main airports and they put in place plans to actualize it and today, Dubai is now a heavy hub for traffic from Europe, Asia and indeed Africa connecting millions of passenger yearly.

Nigeria and indeed Lagos is primed to be a major gateway from West Africa to the rest of the World, and you need more than a shed of an airport to make that happen. Imagine with every state in Nigeria owning an airport, coupled with 20 flights from airports in just 5 of the West African countries near by in the morning, will that airport you put up in that CGI cope?

CDG terminal 2 I posted has being undergoing construction for nearly 7 years running but they knew what future they wanted and began by creating an airport that can serve that future.

Why is it difficult for us to create bright futures in our minds in Nigeria and actually make them happen? With $3bn spent over the next 6 years, Lagos MMIA can be transformed to have a capacity of nearly 60 million and that airport would serve the country for another 25 years!

I have passed through Charles DeGaul Int'l severally and there are several terminals. Building on one additional terminal is a small feat to France given the number of tourist that fly into that country year round.

So from what I can deduce GEJ's accomplishments must be assessed on first tier world status.

Have you forgotten that you are a 3rd world nation?

Please you have nothing to offer.

move along!
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
How can I blame you. As I said earlier FG is wasting their time with that slum village

What has your useless State government done so far as per aviation infrastructure.

Delta has two standard aerodromes that were funded wholly from outside FG intervention, Akwa Ibo financed their own, the same for Gombe and lately Jigawa. What has the center of excellency under Asiwaju Thiefnibu done since 1999 with all the funds.

If you can do better then go and start with your phantom lekki project.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts About Unending Refinery Hullabaloo... / PMB Does It Again. Fashola Delivers Again For PMB Led FG / APC Membership Registration: Senator Kalu Urges Ndigbo To Join The Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.