Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render (7366 Views)

Lekki International Airport Render / Air Force Corporal Slaps CSP Thrice At Lagos Airport / VIDEO: Lagos Transport Commissioner Embarrassed At Gani Memorial Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

If I may add, the future is definitely going East.

Whether they like it or not investors are coming and not some repackaging firm that now dominate the Lagos Industrial base but heavy Industries from auto manufacturers , shipping and even aviation! Don't be surprised to hear soon in the news of a major European airline setting up a transit hub in Calabar for their newly established African hub. This airline had been negotiating with former regimes but the bribes did not kick in enough and their initial plan was to expand and manage the Abuja airport but given the security situation and proximity to boko haram and also growth forecasts for the SE, this global airline will soon conclude taking over CALABAR Airport.

Stop deceiving yourself. How I wish I could post the FDI into Nigeria by region so you know how far your so called East has been ignored and left behind!

Beside, your N250million car riding madam could have spent only 5million of that amount to do a feasibility study for Enugu airport and give Her an airport like MMA2.. hehe like we know them... she rather enslave her people than her self cool
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

With the billions of dollars that accrue to the government yearly ( in excess of $100bn) why is it difficult for the government to put in place an airport project of the future?

the sooner you stop planning with other peoples money the better.

You must remember how self sustainable you were when you were a cocoa republic.

Can you justify what percentile of that billion dollars came from your pockets?
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:04am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

the sooner you stop planning with other peoples money the better.

You must remember how self sustainable you were when you were a cocoa republic.

Can you justify what percentile of that billion dollars came from your pockets?

The last time I checked, the regions that contribute the most to Nigeria's GDP is not the region with oil. If the 2012 estimates are to be believed, oil only accounted for only 22% of the gross earnings of the FG.

FYI, go to this link and see the sectors that keeps the Lagos bubbling in wealth!

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/LAGOS_STATE_GDP2010.pdf
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by taharqa: 12:07am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I understand your view point also, however, I asked this question: With the billions of dollars that accrue to the government yearly ( in excess of $100bn) why is it difficult for the government to put in place an airport project of the future?

Can you compare even this Kenya airport with that CGI that they want us to call our airport of the future

Which Govt gets $100bn yearly, you Congenital LIAR??

You are allowed to keep fooling yourself as is usual, with ya completely Senseless musings (which in this case are so glaringly stu.pid that not a single person hv supported you so far, not even you fellow Clowns), BUT you are allowed to tell bare-faced Lies here. You have been warned.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:09am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The last time I checked, the regions that contribute the most to Nigeria's GDP is not the region with oil. If the 2012 estimates are to be believed, oil only accounted for only 22% of the gross earnings of the FG.

olodo.

That estimate that you pulled out of ur a@rse abi.

Then why are abokis fighting in the senate for upward review of the benchmark if it is so negligible?

why are your governors demanding for excess crude to be spent rather than saved?

That estimate if I may indulge you came from proceeds outside that of oil earnings.

Check any where and you will find that Nigerian government as a whole and the economy are by and large dependent on oil.

Oil ACCOUNTS FOR 90% of GDP and it will remain so if you lazy bums don't go back to farming cocoa.

It also worth noting that the SE accounts for 22% of revenue which shows a proportionate contribution per population representation.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2013
taharqa:

Which Govt gets $100bn yearly, you Congenital LIAR??

You are allowed to keep fooling yourself as is usual, with ya completely Senseless musings (which in this case are so glaringly stu.pid that not a single person hv supported you so far, not even you fellow Clowns), BUT you are allowed to tell bare-faced Lies here. You have been warned.

Hehe.... Abeg go educate yourself with this press release as at 2012... you know you are not as half clever as my neighbor's lobster pet cool

http://www.firs.gov.ng/Media-Centre/FIRS%20Press%20Releases/PRESS-RELEASE--NON-OIL-COLLECTION-LOOKING-UP.pdf
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

http://www.firs.gov.ng/Media-Centre/FIRS%20Press%20Releases/PRESS-RELEASE--NON-OIL-COLLECTION-LOOKING-UP.pdf

see the bolded in your link.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:25am On Dec 22, 2013
FFK aka Omo-Tier you will do well by desisting from posting nonsense reports from LASG sites tongue tongue
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

olodo.

That estimate that you pulled out of ur a@rse abi.

Then why are abokis fighting in the senate for upward review of the benchmark if it is so negligible?

why are your governors demanding for excess crude to be spent rather than saved?

That estimate if I may indulge you came from proceeds outside that of oil earnings.

Check any where and you will find that Nigerian government as a whole and the economy are by and large dependent on oil.

Oil ACCOUNTS FOR 90% of GDP and it will remain so if you lazy bums don't go back to farming cocoa.

It also worth noting that the SE accounts for 22% of revenue which shows a proportionate contribution per population representation.

I know that is why they recruited you bigots to sing their praise on-line because they know you do not have any brain of your own to think...

Now let me help correct that by asking you to go read this link below..

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/151

So you see that your so called oil contributes less than 35% to the GDP and accounts for less than 65% of her revenues as at 2011, and has shrunk considerably in 2012 and certainly in 2013 due to GEJ's brothers in the creeks having upper hand against the state.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:27am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

see the bolded in your link.

Hehe.. I am sure you are having a comprehension problem! FYI, I said $$bns of accrued earnings yearly and not accrued earnings from oil.. certificated olodo cool
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:29am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: FFK aka Omo-Tier you will do well by desisting from posting nonsense reports from LASG sites tongue tongue
Hehe.... instead of counter FACTs with FACTs, as usual you have resorted to LAGS cheesy The links I have posted is from both LAGS and FG, so you might as well call me El Rufai cool
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe.... instead of counter FACTs with FACTs, as usual you have resorted to LAGS cheesy The links I have posted is from both LAGS and FG, so you might as well call me El Rufai cool

No you are no other than FKK, an accomplished and distinguishable liar at best tongue
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 12:36am On Dec 22, 2013
@Omo_Tier

Naija will not build anything that looks like Pearson o, let them even build one that looks like YYC or the one in Ottawa, Pearson ke, can they think that far.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:37am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07: @Omo_Tier

Naija will not build anything that looks like Pearson o, let them even build one that looks like YYC or the one in Ottawa, Pearson ke, can they think that far.

By Naija you also include the amiable Fashola grin grin grin
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:42am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07: @Omo_Tier

My brother, I wanted them to see how far the world has left them behind! That airport is certainly for the future, and the way it blends with Toronto Skyline as you approach to land is amazing.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:43am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

No you are no other than FKK, an accomplished and distinguishable liar at best tongue

Shame dey catch you! You cant but forward any sensible rebuttal of the FACTs I have used to disprove your lies cool.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:43am On Dec 22, 2013
There you have it Ladies and Gentlemen, the Ingrates have shown their ungrateful character again.

There was a reason behind the creation of Abuja and thank God that Abuja is here.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 12:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: There you have it Ladies and Gentlemen, the Ingrates have shown their ungrateful character again.

There was a reason behind the creation of Abuja and thank God that Abuja is here.
Hehe.. Abuja has been there for over 20 years and Lagos has been making good progress ever since. Rather than keep hating on Lagos, better you expend that energy to tell your pot bell governors in the east to deliver on their promises. Soon will require you to obtain Visa to come to Benin City cool
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 12:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: There you have it Ladies and Gentlemen, the Ingrates have shown their ungrateful character again.

Please let the FG take the MMIA to wherever they want to, that eyesore of an airport, I will rather they develop all of Nigeria so we can depopulate Lagos, we do not need the FG handouts.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:48am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

Please let the FG take the MMIA to wherever they want to, that eyesore of an airport, I will rather they develop all of Nigeria so we can depopulate Lagos, we do not need the FG handouts.

STORY!
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 12:53am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

STORY!

Nothing to say right? Unlike you guys, I do not begrudge any part of Nigeria developing, it is to the glory of the country and the people, but, building ancient airports in the 21st century and expecting us to be grateful? No way.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 12:57am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

Nothing to say right? Unlike you guys, I do not begrudge any part of Nigeria developing, it is to the glory of the country and the people, but, building ancient airports in the 21st century and expecting us to be grateful? No way.

This is the only functional airport in the whole SW you will do well to appreciate it and shut up.

Or will you like to be routed through Enugu airport next time you are travelling in or out of this country?

If it so then get your governors to build you a world class airport with 10 rwys and 200 gate way terminals. Even if there are not enough airlines and passengers to service the witches and wizards that populate your region will use the facility nocturnally.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 12:59am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

This is the only functional airport in the whole SW you will do well to appreciate it and shut up.

Or will you like to be routed through Enugu airport next time you are travelling in or out of this country?

If it so then get your governors to build you a world class airport with 10 rwys and 200 gate way terminals. Even if there are not enough airlines and passengers to service the witches and wizards that populate your region will use the facility nocturnally.

I will land in Benin republic and take a bus, Enugu kwa, say wetin happen. I am sure LASG can and will build a better one, as per your last statement, this is just being childish.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by shineeye: 1:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Thanks to oil money from niger delta.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 1:02am On Dec 22, 2013
shine eye: Thanks to oil money from niger delta.

Nope, Lagos money via VAT and port etc etc
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 1:09am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

I am sure LASG can and will build a better one,

Yes, they are very good when it comes to CGI Projects after that it quietly dies a natural death.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 1:12am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

Nope, Lagos money via VAT and port etc etc

How can 5% VAT which is poorly collected compare to oil proceeds?

How many outlets in Lagos account for our accommodate for VAT in their transactions? Even when they do , do you think they remit it to FIRS?
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by taharqa: 1:14am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Hehe.... Abeg go educate yourself with this press release as at 2012... you know you are not as half clever as my neighbor's lobster pet cool

Dear God!!! Did you open and read the very link you just put up??

How does FIRS collecting #2.56trillion over the 1st 6months of 2012 (both Oil and nonoil taxes) and about #5trillion (ie about $30bn) for the whole year equivalent to saying that THE Govt receives $100bn yearly? Are you really this sick in the head?

That you even tried to defend this silly claim is the greatest testament of what a DUNCE you really are.

#spitsindisgust

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2013
taharqa:

Dear God!!! Did you open and read the very link you just put up??

How does FIRS collecting #2.56trillion over the 1st 6months of 2012 (both Oil and nonoil taxes) and about #5trillion (ie about $30bn) for the whole year equivalent to saying that THE Govt receives $100bn yearly? Are you really this sick in the head?

That you even tried to defend this silly claim is the greatest testament of what a DUNCE you really are.

#spitsindisgust
I told you, your are half as clever as my neighbour's lobster pet cool. With your likes dotting the landscape of Nigeria, it is a no brainer that the country will struggle to make the expedient progress my desire of her!

Even after the expo to an exam question is put in front of you, you still can't connect the dotted lines! Now go back to that document and read it again in full. This time, read it slowly like a dog licking a Christmas chicken bone, and write down the numbers beginning from 2011.

To think you claim to be a graduate is really mind blowing as your level of deduction is not only appalling, but is comparable to that of an individual who never saw the four walls of an elementary school and brought up in the mid wild

What a pathetic and ignoble character. A class slack undecided
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by taharqa: 1:31am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I told you, your are half as clever as my neighbour's lobster pet cool. With your likes dotting the landscape of Nigeria, it is a no brainer that the country will struggle to make the expedient progress my desire of her!

Even after the expo to an exam question is put in front of you, you still can't connect the dotted lines! Now go back to that document and read it again in full. This time, read it slowly like a dog licking a Christmas chicken bone, and write down the numbers beginning from 2011.

To think you claim to be a graduate is really mind blowing as your level of deduction is not only appalling, but is comparable to that of an individual who never saw the four walls of an elementary school and brought up in the mid wild

What a pathetic and ignoble character. A class slack undecided

No need. This is the Document in full:

PRESS RELEASE
NON-OIL COLLECTION UP, AS FIRS NETS N2.43 TRILLION IN 6 MONTHS
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has continued to record steady increases in the amount of revenue generated through taxation as it collected N2.43 trillion in the first half of year the 2012.
This collection represents an increase in the revenue collection performance of N499.20 billion when compared to the total collection of N1.94 trillion for the same period in 2011.
Non-oil amounted to N838.58 billion out of this total collection, while receipts from oil taxes accounted for N1.60 trillion,
In 2011, the Service recorded N955.19 billion in the first Quarter and N985.30 billion in the Second quarter.
The 2012 figure represents a remarkable increase in tax collection which includes Oil and Non-oil revenue with both recording N1.17 trillion and N1.26 trillion in the First and Second quarters respectively.
This stride demonstrates the Service’s resolve, not only to achieve the N5.085 trillion set target for the year, but to also increase the non oil taxes and lessen Nigeria’s dependence on oil as its main revenue earner.
The Acting Executive Chairman of FIRS, Alhaji Kabir Mashi, had on assumption of office, early April, charged both Management and staff of the Service to up the ante and ensure that the progressive history of tax revenue collection by FIRS over the years does not drop.
A look at the collection from the Oil sources shows that N1.59 trillion was realised from Petroleum Profit Tax (PPT), while Gas Income (GI) accounted for N9.04 billion.
Similarly, Non-oil sources recorded N405.58 billion collection from Companies Income Tax (CIT), N3.35 billion for Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and N3.25 for Stamp Duties in the same period.
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Import and Non Import Value Added Tax (VAT) recorded N353.83 billion, Education Tax (EDT) accounted for N32.8, while National Information Technology Development Fund (NITDEF) yielded N8.52 billion.
Personal Income Tax (PIT) and Pre-Operational Levy (POL) on the other hand yielded N28.56 billion.
A further breakdown of the collection performance trend shows that the Service so far recorded the highest collection of N554.03 billion in June, followed by N466.86 in the month of February.
Other collection for the period under consideration includes N385.17 billion in April, N369.38 billion in January, N336.21 billion in March and N328.02 billion in the month of May.
Emmanuel Obeta
Director, Communications and Liaison Department
July 23, 2012.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

How can 5% VAT which is poorly collected compare to oil proceeds?

How many outlets in Lagos account for our accommodate for VAT in their transactions? Even when they do , do you think they remit it to FIRS?

The port nko, what of the etc abi you do not know the meaning of etc, do us a favour, calculate how much the FG spends on Lagos in a year and how much Lagos contributes to their pocket.

Lagos CGI ke, Lekki Ikoyi bridge says hi.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 1:38am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

The port nko, what of the etc abi you do not know the meaning of etc, do us a favour, calculate how much the FG spends on Lagos in a year and how much Lagos contributes to their pocket.

Lagos CGI ke, Lekki Ikoyi bridge says hi.

How come you factored a FG controlled infrastructure?

The last time I checked the ports have been concessioned to a private firm and Customs collects revenue therein which is remitted to the Federal Purse. Lagos does not collect any revenue from this based on VAT but on population figures which means a state like Kano which was deemed the most populous is remitted more revenue from tax and duty proceeds than Lagos. The only area I see LASG getting something is indirectly from taxing the Port management and the several clearing and forwarding firms which will be negligible compared to the revenue from duties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clear Pictures Of Apc Rally In Bayelsa And Townhall Meeting Benin / APC Membership Registration: Senator Kalu Urges Ndigbo To Join The Party / 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.