Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render (7367 Views)

Lekki International Airport Render / Air Force Corporal Slaps CSP Thrice At Lagos Airport / VIDEO: Lagos Transport Commissioner Embarrassed At Gani Memorial Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 1:41am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

How come you factored a FG controlled infrastructure?

The last time I checked the ports have been concessioned to a private firm and Customs collects revenue therein which is remitted to the Federal Purse. Lagos does not collect any revenue from this based on VAT but on population figures which means a state like Kano which was deemed the most populous is remitted more revenue from tax and duty proceeds than Lagos. The only area I see LASG getting something is indirectly from taxing the Port management and the several clearing and forwarding firms which will be negligible compared to the revenue from duties.

What are you talking about? How much does Lagos contribute to the coffers of the FG from all sources? As long as Lagos contributes more than it gets, then, no Oil money is being spent on Lagos.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 1:47am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

What are you talking about? How much does Lagos contribute to the coffers of the FG from all sources? As long as Lagos contributes more than it gets, then, no Oil money is being spent on Lagos.

The LASG revenue deficit that you are demanding from is based on Thiefnibus Local Government creation which was unconstitutional. This is what Lagos State has been using as reason for a short fall

Outside, if the FG is to privatize some of the infrastructure in Lagos just as Fashola Thiefnibu has , how much do you think you will be made to pay to upset the 3rd Mainland bridge construction?

Could Lagos with all sincerity outside oil revenue allocated to it build 3rd Mainland bridge?
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Haha... watch most of my post whenever you people post the nonsense of the MMIA remodeling, I always cite these two airports: CDGT2 and Pearson International in Toronto as something we should be clamoring for as a minimum.

For a country that makes a minimum of $100bn in crude oil sales alone yearly, it is disgraceful that we cannot afford to put in place an airport that can serve us for the next 20 years.

However, when it comes to building houses, I am sure the structure your GEJ and His megalomaniac wife put in place is of same pedestal as those you find in reclusive island in the Caribbean. When it comes to themselves, the know who how to make it looks like what is obtainable in the West but when it comes to what affects the average Nigerian, they scream we are a 3rd world country.

Canada's annual GDP is $1.82 TRILLION. Her GDP per capita is $50,000 per annum.

Nigeria's annual GDP is $262 billion. Her GDP per capita is $4,000 per annum.

Yet you expect Nigeria's airports to be as huge, costly, advanced, modern and beautiful as Canada's.

Sometimes i wonder if you studied a single minute of economics in your entire existence, or if you are actually sober when you post.

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 2:12am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

The LASG revenue deficit that you are demanding from is based on Thiefnibus Local Government creation which was unconstitutional. This is what Lagos State has been using as reason for a short fall

Outside, if the FG is to privatize some of the infrastructure in Lagos just as Fashola Thiefnibu has , how much do you think you will be made to pay to upset the 3rd Mainland bridge construction?

Could Lagos with all sincerity outside oil revenue allocated to it build 3rd Mainland bridge?

Yes it can if it goes PPP
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 2:12am On Dec 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Yet you expect Nigeria's airports to be as huge, costly, advanced, modern and beautiful as Canada's.

Sometimes i wonder if you studied a single minute of economics in your entire existence, or if you are actually sober when you post.

Airports should be built either by private companies or a PPP, the money will be made back in time.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 2:20am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

Yes it can if it goes PPP

My point exactly. The 3RD Mainland bridge and all federal infrastructure that Lagos currently enjoys where never built by concessionaires and neither can Tax revenue be said to be the main funding.

Even at that, if 3rd Mainland Bridge was built by concession how much do you think you will pay to use it given the current exorbitant rate which is being applied for the Ikoyi bridge and lekki expressway?

My guess is that it will cost at least 500 Bucks per salon car and more for bigger vehicles
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 2:33am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

My point exactly. The 3RD Mainland bridge and all federal infrastructure that Lagos currently enjoys where never built by concessionaires and neither can Tax revenue be said to be the main funding.

Even at that, if 3rd Mainland Bridge was built by concession how much do you think you will pay to use it given the current exorbitant rate which is being applied for the Ikoyi bridge and lekki expressway?

My guess is that it will cost at least 500 Bucks per salon car and more for bigger vehicles

In a truly federal arrangement, LASG can build the 3rd Mainland bridge, if it is PPP and we are to pay, no problems, it definitely will not be up to 500 Naira.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 2:44am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

In a truly federal arrangement, LASG can build the 3rd Mainland bridge, if it is PPP and we are to pay, no problems, it definitely will not be up to 500 Naira.

Do you guys want a true Republican status to return? I highly doubt that since the APC chieftain, Tinubu has declared that a National confab is a waste of time all out of his desirous greed and dream of one day controlling the oil resources.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by talktimi(m): 2:50am On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I understand your view point also, however, I asked this question: With the billions of dollars that accrue to the government yearly ( in excess of $100bn) why is it difficult for the government to put in place an airport project of the future?

Can you compare even this Kenya airport with that CGI that they want us to call our airport of the future
and i have previously answered your questions. Yes we can do by far better than what we have on ground and also what the ministry proposes to do. All we can do as citizens for now is to keep demanding the best from those in leadership positions over us. For now i'm still happy action is being taken as against the usual stagnancy of past administrations
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 2:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Fani Kayody could only use his time as minister to chase women

Desola you hear me?

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 4:50am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

Airports should be built either by private companies or a PPP, the money will be made back in time.

Made back in time? You should give us a breakdown of how this money would be made back in time...

You spend several hundreds of millions of $$$ even billion sef, because some schmuck on NL thinks so, how about you spell out their breakeven point... The way most of you think is really annoying.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 5:45am On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

Made back in time? You should give us a breakdown of how this money would be made back in time...

You spend several hundreds of millions of $$$ even billion sef, because some schmuck on NL thinks so, how about you spell out their breakeven point... The way most of you think is really annoying.

How about money to be made from airlines using the airports, from adverts, from something added on top of the tickets, if the airport handles 10 million passengers per annum, extra #1000 on tickets is 10billion Naira per annum, I am sure there are other more creative ways of making money.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 6:09am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

How about money to be made from airlines using the airports, from adverts, from something added on top of the tickets, if the airport handles 10 million passengers per annum, extra #1000 on tickets is 10billion Naira per annum, I am sure there are other more creative ways of making money.

How much do you think average landing fee is for a passenger airliner like a Boeing 747, @ $5/1000lbs landing charge, that's about $4,000 to $5,000 depending on the weight. So ask yourself, how many passenger or cargo jets will weigh that amount?

and N10billion being equated to about $60million annually, you've not accounted for other costs...

There are creative ways of making money, TRUE, but the main source of revenue is PFC and landing charges. Yes airports charge storage/hanger fees, royalties, revenue split with vendors and concessionaires, misc revenues from parking, third party/signature flights or whatever, but the question is how many people would pay it? You claiming 10million passenger alone, you're talking an average of 30,000 passenger daily... Like seriously? In our current times? Can you be more realistic...

An average passenger volume of 30,000 per day per 250/flight = 120 flights/day... I laugh in Swahili, how many would make up domestic and how many will sum the rest to be international. I guess you're being unrealistic and besides, the cost of capital alone, is about 1/10 of the debt annually... Bros THINK AGAIN. Let's not build airport because DUBAI did it or London did it or Singapore did it, let's build what we can, this is a service based operation, when the need arises, adjustments would be made to accommodate growing needs.

Keep thinking and be more realistic this time.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by MagicBishop: 6:13am On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

How much do you think average landing fee is for a passenger airliner like a Boeing 747, @ $5/1000lbs landing charge, that's about $4,000 to $5,000 depending on the weight. So ask yourself, how many passenger or cargo jets will weigh that amount?

and N10billion being equated to about $60million annually, you've not accounted for other costs...

There are creative ways of making money, TRUE, but the main source of revenue is PFC and landing charges. Yes airports charge storage/hanger fees, royalties, revenue split with vendors and concessionaires, misc revenues from parking, third party/signature flights or whatever, but the question is how many people would pay it? You claiming 10million passenger alone, you're talking an average of 30,000 passenger daily... Like seriously? In our current times? Can you be more realistic...

An average passenger volume of 30,000 per day per 250/flight = 120 flights/day... I laugh in Swahili, how many would make up domestic and how many will sum the rest to be international. I guess you're being unrealistic and besides, the cost of capital alone, is about 1/10 of the debt annually... Bros THINK AGAIN. Let's not build airport because DUBAI did it or London did it or Singapore did it, let's build what we can, this is a service based operation, when the need arises, adjustments would be made to accommodate growing needs.

They think say nah like motor park wey dem jus rise above.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 22, 2013
na wa o
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

My brother leave ROSSIKE, he only knows how to copy and paste picture! Maybe He should tell us why countries like Ukraine, Norway, Thailand, that have such airports Nigerians can only see in their dreams?
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

ROSSIKE stick to copy and paste of pictures of other developed cities which is what you know how to do best.

In your mind investment in infrastructure by any country should be done on the basis of your GDP right? I have asked your fellow praise singers, why is the President flying same jet as the prime minister or president of countries like Canada? Why is he not flying a B707so we know your warp logic of reason may be right after all?

A very stupid reasoning indeed, and to think you even mention economics in your sentence says a lot about you. By your analysis, Lagos State with her GDP would not have taken up the challenge of some of the PPP projects she's current carrying out.

The school you attended deserve to refund you all your expenses whilst you were there plus VAT with inflation.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

Hehe.. Another warped thinking! Landing fees constitute less than 35% of the revenue generating capacity of an airport! The franchising of the airport alone can rake in billions if the volume of passenger is in tens of millions.

Do you know how much is paid for a square meter floor space in a 5star airport? Do you know for every passenger that fly, the airport charges constitute 55% of the price of your ticket?

To add to it, the spiral economic effect of such 5star airports with a must have hotels, B&B, transportation services, travels and tours, will rake in billions yearly to the coffers of the FG.

With Lagos primed location, passengers will connect through Lagos to other destinations in West, Central and some part of Southern Africa if the airport was a 5star airport with the top airlines falling over themselves to have landing slots.

Go back and look at NAMA, FAAN and see how much revenue they generate each year! despite them not having to collect up to 70% of dues they should be collecting and some directors cutting corners with the government. That should tell you the huge potential laying waste in that Lagos airport.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2013
I believe Fashola said sometime ago that the MMIA will have it's own Light-rail station.

Anyway, the Lekki airport, within it's first 5 years of operation, may surpass MMA in terms of revenue. The first phase of the Lekki airport will be developed on 2,000 hectares of land, and it's initial capacity will be 2 million passengers per year. It's also gonna cater to the A-380. smiley

To put this in perspective, the total land area of Heathrow airport is about 2200 hectares.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe.. Another warped thinking! Landing fees constitute less than 35% of the revenue generating capacity of an airport! The franchising of the airport alone can rake in billions if the volume of passenger is in tens of millions.

Do you know how much is paid for a square meter floor space in a 5star airport? Do you know for every passenger that fly, the airport charges constitute 55% of the price of your ticket?

To add to it, the spiral economic effect of such 5star airports with a must have hotels, B&B, transportation services, travels and tours, will rake in billions yearly to the coffers of the FG.

With Lagos primed location, passengers will connect through Lagos to other destinations in West, Central and some part of Southern Africa if the airport was a 5star airport with the top airlines falling over themselves to have landing slots.

Go back and look at NAMA, FAAN and see how much revenue they generate each year! despite them not having to collect up to 70% of dues they should be collecting and some directors cutting corners with the government. That should tell you the huge potential laying waste in that Lagos airport.

Responding to a nematode like you is a frigging waste of time, read my post again and then try again. If you have no clue about something SIMPLY SHUT THE Bleep UP and LISTEN... I clearly put out there "MAIN SOURCE OF REVENUE", the fooll is here quoting givverish for me,LOL @ 55% of your ticket constitute airport charges, from what zumondan world did this buffon come out from? Isn't your ticket constituted of

a) Base Fare - between 32% and 37% based on averaged CASM data

b) Federal, State and other taxes

c) Fuel Surcharge

d) Charges like PFC, airport security charges and like the U.S., TSA charges.

So tell me how a $1,000 ticket from Arik air (Nigeria's premier airline) breakdown 55% ($550) to be airport charges... Anumanu

Trying hard to sound intelligent, if you have nothing to contribute, simply SHUT UP... Meanwhile go do some homework and find out what fees makeup 55% of an average ticket...Ewure tryna sound smart. When I get in from church today, I will dissect your foolishness on a platter.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

Responding to a nematode like you is a frigging waste of time, read my post again and then try again. If you have no clue about something SIMPLY SHUT THE Bleep UP and LISTEN... I clearly put out there "MAIN SOURCE OF REVENUE", the fooll is here quoting givverish for me,LOL @ 55% of your ticket constitute airport charges, from what zumondan world did this buffon come out from? Isn't your ticket constituted of

c) Fuel Surcharge

So tell me how a $1,000 ticket from Arik air (Nigeria's premier airline) breakdown 55% ($550) to be airport charges... Anumanu

Trying hard to sound intelligent, if you have nothing to contribute, simply SHUT UP... Meanwhile go do some homework and find out what fees makeup 55% of an average ticket...Ewure tryna sound smart. When I get in from church today, I will dissect your foolishness on a platter.
You better shut up before I disgrace you further! Everyday on NL, the rubbish you spew shows why you will never get to become a commercial pilot because you are really too daft to be behind the deck.

If Landing fees are the Main sources of Revenue for Airports according to you, how come Dubai World, where majority of the traffics are by Emirates airlines, have Emirates pay less than $20 per landing and that airport is still making profit

Your statement simply shows you have no clue has to what makes an airport profitable. No wonder you are content with a mediocre building as a terminal with little or no facility because in your mind, a runway and a shed should suffice for an airport.

Landing fees is just a little fraction of the airport charges of an airliner, there is also a navigational aid charges, which is total different from landing fees which is based on your PCN or ACN.

Your foolishness knows no bound! Pricing a ticket using CASM shows how in intelligent you really are. CASM is an indicator of the profitability of your route, that is why you find airlines like CX who carry heavy OD with cargo still remain competitive despite their frequency approach.

You are really a classified clown. Wait let me get back from carol service and I will put to where you have always belonged with factual numbers of what constitute a ticket charge.

The likes of AA, UA, DL ,KLM, BA, Lufthansan would forever be a day dream for you because you are too unintelligent to sit behind the stick for such operators.

With display of ignorance and st.uipidity, I beg of you to leave the aerospace industry for the smart brains. We can't afford to have murders behind the tiller
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Jakumo(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Wait let me get back from Carol, and I will put to where you have always belonged

Omo Tier, Carol is unlikely to accommodate you if you show up at her place angry, since she reportedly objects to rough sex.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jakumo:

Omo Tier, Carol is unlikely to accommodate you if you show up at her place angry, since she reportedly objects to rough sex.
Hehe.. Oga, it is Carol Service wink not sis carol....

That wannabe pilot spewing trash got on my nerves. Imagine if He gets into the aviation sector in Nigeria with His half baked knowledge, that sector would ever remain stagnant where He occupies.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
CFCfan: I believe Fashola said sometime ago that the MMIA will have it's own Light-rail station.

Anyway, the Lekki airport, within it's first 5 years of operation, may surpass MMA in terms of revenue. The first phase of the Lekki airport will be developed on 2,000 hectares of land, and it's initial capacity will be 2 million passengers per year. It's also gonna cater to the A-380. smiley

To put this in perspective, the total land area of Heathrow airport is about 2200 hectares.
Imagine an airport that is designed to accommodate an island is envisioned to have its own railway system, land an Aircraft like A380, accommodate initially 2million passengers, yet the main international airport is being remodelled without any railway system, no bus terminus, nothing!

You really have to wonder the kind of people we have in a Nigeria leading the nation
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by OmoTier1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

c) Fuel Surcharge

Now read this link as a teaser to what I am going to bring your way to disgrace you, http://www.examiner.com/article/an-attempt-to-explain-the-breakdown-of-the-total-cost-on-an-airline-ticket

When I come back later tonight, I will post you the airport of a flight from MMIA. You would find there how much was landing fees for a $750+ ticket price.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
ROSSIKE stick to copy and paste of pictures of other developed cities which is what you know how to do best.

In your mind investment in infrastructure by any country should be done on the basis of your GDP right? I have asked your fellow praise singers, why is the President flying same jet as the prime minister or president of countries like Canada? Why is he not flying a B707so we know your warp logic of reason may be right after all?

A very stupid reasoning indeed, and to think you even mention economics in your sentence says a lot about you. By your analysis, Lagos State with her GDP would not have taken up the challenge of some of the PPP projects she's current carrying out.

The school you attended deserve to refund you all your expenses whilst you were there plus VAT with inflation.
You need to spend time studying economics, and less time spewing layman nonsense. You are actually a throwback to 1970s African leadership.... more interested in prestige projects than meaningful development. All we hear from you is Canada, Norway, Dubai etc... You care little for the ordinary Nigerian...... No, we will not build an airport like in "Norway" because Norway has a per capita GDP over 15 times ours, meaning they have taken care of the essential needs of their majority, ie roads, power, education, health, housing etc...and therefore can afford 10 billion dollar airports! I don't remotely expect you to have calculated the annual maintenance costs alone of Pearson airport, Toronto, before demanding Nigeria builds a similar edifice. Much rather such money goes on our roads and rail infrastructure, and education.. Thankfully our leadership sees sense, hence the recent multibillion dollar grant to our universities. That is what serious developing nations do.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

According to a report I saw online MMIA serviced 6.3m passengers in 2010, I believe that figure should be closer to 10m now, I do not have a problem with us building what we can, but we can build it in such a way that it is modern and it pays for itself, the #1000 can be up to #5000 on international flights (afterall we are already fleeced on international flights), modern infrastructure cost money, airports I believe should be as private as possible.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Now read this link as a teaser to what I am going to bring your way to disgrace you, http://www.examiner.com/article/an-attempt-to-explain-the-breakdown-of-the-total-cost-on-an-airline-ticket

When I come back later tonight, I will post you the airport of a flight from MMIA. You would find there how much was landing fees for a $750+ ticket price.

Oponnu oshi, you finally DISGRACED yourself, according to your own evidence

An explanation and a breakdown of this particular airfare above:

$428.00 (USD) is the BASE airfare, which American Airlines is charging for the round trip ticket departing from New York City JFK, to London Heathrow United Kingdom

$32.20 (US) is the United States Tax

$5.50 (YC) is the Customs User Fee, a charge to go through Customs Inspection

$7.00 (XY) is a US Federal Inspection fee.

$5.00 (XA) is called the Asphis User fee. This is a fee that goes towards US Customs Agents, when they are searching your baggage.

$2.50 (AY) is the United States Security fee

$56.20 (GB) is the Great Britain Air Passenger Duty tax

$29.80 (UB) is for the Departure Tax from Great Britain

$222.00 (YQ) is the Fuel surcharge fee, which does fluctuate

$4.50 (XF) JFK aircraft landing fee.

$1.00 (ROE ) is the Rate of Exchange.

XT stands for the total taxes and various fees, here it is $364.70

Which brings the total cost of this particular airline ticket to $792.70

[size=16pt]Let me help your dumb brains out...[/size]

[size=20pt]
The NO 1 largest item is the Base fare which accounts for 53%

The second item is FUEL SURCHARGE FEE which accounts for 23%

Both items alone account account for a whopping 76%,

The next two are Taxes from GB which accounts for 11% of the ticket bringing it to a total of 87%

The U.S. Govt tax is 4%

This gives us a total of 91%

BASE FARE + FUEL SURCHARGE + GREAT BRITAIN TAXES + U.S. GOVT TAXES = 91% of the ticket

so

OGA MUGU, where is the break down 55% of ticket goes to Airport Operations?

[/size]

Ode oshi, now reread my post again... Phool in high places...Choke on this Bitchh

manny4life:

c) Fuel Surcharge

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You better shut up before I disgrace you further! Everyday on NL, the rubbish you spew shows why you will never get to become a commercial pilot because you are really too daft to be behind the deck.

Anu mpamma, motorpark tout claiming engineer... Stick to the art drawing you know and pray someday that you're admitted to vocational or even technical school and not University... What a failed sucktard..

If Landing fees are the Main sources of Revenue for Airports according to you, how come Dubai World, where majority of the traffics are by Emirates airlines, have Emirates pay less than $20 per landing and that airport is still making profit

The way you parade your foolishness is too annoying, like seriously, you need to QUIT it already. Like I said, landing fee, PFC are the main source of revenues for airports, all other are secondary. That you singled out Emirates doesn't mean you should parade your foolishness around.

Dubai is the second largest airport in the world handling about 60million passengers, operating about 145 airlines, how much traffic do you think Emirates control as compared to the other 144 airlines? Fooll at his peak, doesn't that tell you whether or not emirates pays landing fees, other airlines are ponying up the amount whether passenger or cargo.... Agbaya oshi.

Take a single look at some big airports around and see what constitutes their main sources of revenue. Don't make this a Dubai/Emirates talk, this is simply Airports in General... PHOOL. If Dubai decides not to bill emirates, that's their cup of tea, like I said, take a "STANDARD LOOK" at most large airports, that constitutes their major source of income. MUMU..

How I wish the airports financial statement where available, I would have put your disastrous claim to shame.

Landing fees is just a little fraction of the airport charges of an airliner, there is also a navigational aid charges, which is total different from landing fees which is based on your PCN or ACN.

This is what you see when paper engineer tries to claim nonsense he doesn't know about... Look at this fooll bringing in navigational charges, who talked about navigational charges? This is what happens with ITK (I too know), aproko master...does that accrue to the airport or the govt overseeing the airspace I swear, your brain need serious overhaul, FOOL... Landing fees are simply LANDING CHARGES. When an airplane lands, according to how the U.S. computes it, it's by the total weight of the aircraft. Look it up, a Boeing 747 can pony up to $5,000 per landing fee...

Your foolishness knows no bound! Pricing a ticket using CASM shows how in intelligent you really are. CASM is an indicator of the profitability of your route, that is why you find airlines like CX who carry heavy OD with cargo still remain competitive despite their frequency approach.

It is confirmed, dude here needs help. This time around, go back to my post AND READ AGAIN. Who talked about pricing a ticket using CASM? shocked shocked I referenced CASM on the BASE FARE which I said is based on average CASM data. What I typed is simple: depending on CASM which is often between 13cents to 23 cents, then the number is usually 2/3x. There was no place where I said profitability or even revenue... Your werey has entered another level.. grin

LOL @ CASM as an indicator of the "PROFITABILITY", chai...this bobo needs help o... CASM is Cost Available Seat Mile (the cost - "direct costs" - associated in operating a ONE seat/mile) and has little or nothing to do with profitability in this case. When you talk about profitability, then we talk about RASM which is the Revenue available Seat Mile, then we account for all operating components such as LF and the yield ... Lol, DUDE has gone nuts... SEE GOBE grin grin grin

I'm not done yet, let me make all my calls, I will dissect your foolishnesss and emptiness for the world to see..

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Continued grin grin

Omo_Tier1:

You are really a classified clown. Wait let me get back from carol service and I will put to where you have always belonged with factual numbers of what constitute a ticket charge.

The likes of AA, UA, DL ,KLM, BA, Lufthansan would forever be a day dream for you because you are too unintelligent to sit behind the stick for such operators.

With display of ignorance and st.uipidity, I beg of you to leave the aerospace industry for the smart brains. We can't afford to have murders behind the tiller

I'm a classified clown while you're what? Crowned prince of Nairaland fucktards, yeah that's about right. grin grin grin
Continue disgracing yourself from thread to thread, even newbies can see how light you are... Please bring out your factual numbers, for a start, I have London Heathrow's financial statement, low I cannot wait to SLAM IT ON YOUR FACE GBOSA grin grin grin grin grin

Let's wait to see what constitutes Heathrow's revenue...lol, let me wait so you can find it grin grin

Yet, pick an airport of your choice, let's look at what makes up their revenue grin grin grin

Lol, GOD FORBID, and I say it aloud, I have no intention on sitting behind any airlines flight deck BUT MINE cool cool cool... Your type are second abi is it third generation slaves, I'm not a slave, I will sit behind my own, while you will be my baggage handler (no disrespect to handlers) but your case is special because you will be begging for them crumbs off my table grin grin grin

Meanwhile,

Tell us more about this hellish ticket that 55% of it is made up of "airport operations"? Lol grin grin grin

Retardedd bloke...Shioor, yeye dey smell... I am waiting, manufacture your numbers. grin grin
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by manny4life(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

According to a report I saw online MMIA serviced 6.3m passengers in 2010, I believe that figure should be closer to 10m now, I do not have a problem with us building what we can, but we can build it in such a way that it is modern and it pays for itself, the #1000 can be up to #5000 on international flights (afterall we are already fleeced on international flights), modern infrastructure cost money, airports I believe should be as private as possible.

Bros, you're being very unrealistic... Are you serious?

$5,000 is about $30... That's the difference of me flying BA than Arik... If you do that na, passenger volume will reduce. I haven't said whether or not the airport will not pay for itself, but the question remains, at what price? From all indications, it isn't always the case... Airports operate because of passengers, PERIOD. If there are no passengers, there's no money. Airports should be privatized, I've stated that several times, but have you asked why it hasn't? Is it because of no interest ? Prolly not, but the cost associated with operating one with regards to the potential revenues is high. Forget what some fucktards on here are blabbing about, airports need passenger to be profitable because unlike a traditional business, MOST of the cost associated with operation are usually fixed and it's no joke.
Re: VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render by hercules07: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, you're being very unrealistic... Are you serious?

$5,000 is about $30... That's the difference of me flying BA than Arik... If you do that na, passenger volume will reduce. I haven't said whether or not the airport will not pay for itself, but the question remains, at what price? From all indications, it isn't always the case... Airports operate because of passengers, PERIOD. If there are no passengers, there's no money. Airports should be privatized, I've stated that several times, but have you asked why it hasn't? Is it because of no interest ? Prolly not, but the cost associated with operating one with regards to the potential revenues is high. Forget what some fucktards on here are blabbing about, airports need passenger to be profitable because unlike a traditional business, MOST of the cost associated with operation are usually fixed and it's no joke.

#5000 is an okay price to pay for an international flight, people will not stop flying because of #5000 on international flights afterall they can not walk to where they are going, the reason it has not been privatized is because of personal interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Go To Tribunal, Stop Unnecessary Protest, Group Tells Ize- Iyamu / Atiku Walks Out Of Convention Venue? / Demilitarise Africa, End Foreign Military Bases, Peacepro Tasks AU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.