Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God (12337 Views)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Atigba: 6:49am On Dec 24, 2013
Religion can make someone mad
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2013
The judgment passed upon Egypt was a result of Pharaoh's decree that the firstborn of Israel would be killed. God's people were in bondage. He had given Pharaoh multiple chances to simply say, "Go, take your people and worship your God." But Pharaoh hardened his heart against God.

Why would God kill all the firstborn of Egypt? Because they were just as sinful as their prideful leader was. Not one was "innocent." They all were corrupted with sin... yes, even the infants. Years later, King David concurred that all were born in sin.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2013
I think we should all come to realize what God calls SIN contextually. To God every man became sinners not because of what they had done but as a result of their relationship with the first man that was created. When man lost the relationship he had with his creator. At that pont man was undeserving to live, he became God's enemy, he was chased out of God's presence.

As times went by man became worse outside God, but God refused to destroy man that He had created. He planned a a route to redeeming man to Himself. He started this by picking one man called Noah by grace/love all the way down to Abraham. He made promises to Abraham about Jesus who would pay the price of bringing man back to where man was initially.

Through this man, a seed was promised. God would protect this man and his people from destruction and extinction. He showed His immeasurable love to these people at the expense of others who were His enemies. The same way He would show so much love to whoever comes to Him through Christ and His wrath to whoever refuse to believe.

We should also realize God isn't moved by our emotions-

God makes and kills-- If you don't complain on why he made you, why and how would you complain for how he takes. Except the clay wants to now dictate to the potter on how it wants to be used. God will call some home through accidents, some through disease, some through their sleep, some as kids, some unborn. He remains God and sovereign.

He remains God whether we accept it or not. At some point our emotions will fail us, our strength to fight God will fail, our confidence in knowledge will fail, The deceit of money or false confidence in people would also fail.

Instead of fighting God, we should count ourselves fortunate that we have an opportunity to choose to be for God or against God. Those people in the old testament before the death and resurrection of Christ did not have such privilege.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Zikdik(m): 9:03am On Dec 24, 2013
My reply to Drumma's answers coming up.
P.S: All the answers carry a note of comedy.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by raptureready: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2013
^^^^

PS. All the questions carry a note of fallacy. wink
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2013
The argument of drum about the dispensation of grace falls flat as it makes God appear like a dunce which I believe he isn't if at all he exists.

If the period where grace was absent was that good, and Gods method of dishing out outright punishment was awesome, why the need for the period of grace? He could had continued with the carrot and stick approach.

The argument paints a picture of God, who realises his mistake and barbarity only to replace it with a period of grace.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by raptureready: 9:46am On Dec 24, 2013
I think @rudedough misses something when reading some of those verses.

God was issuing warnings there, and thus used some very strong language.

I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be DRUNK ON THEIR OWN BLOOD, as with wine... - Isaiah 49:26

God is not saying I will literally force your oppressors to cut off their own/neighbors flesh to eat.

He is saying" I will destroy your oppressors" using a hyperbole or exaggerated speech.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind: The argument of drum about the dispensation of grace falls flat as it makes God appear like a dunce which I believe he isn't if at all he exists.

If the period where grace was absent was that good, and Gods method of dishing out outright punishment was awesome, why the need for the period of grace? He could had continued with the carrot and stick approach.

The argument paints a picture of God, who realises his mistake and barbarity only to replace it with a period of grace.

That same sort of treatment will certainly be back after the present dispensation of GRACE. Some of those things were quoted by Rude. You will find such quotes in the revelations of the prophets and in the book of Revelation.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

That same sort of treatment will certainly be back after the present dispensation of GRACE. Some of those things were quoted by Rude. You will find such quotes in the revelations of the prophets and in the book of Revelation.

You didn't answer my question. If the system was that good, why was it ditched for the period of grace

Edit: If the period of grace was better, why wasn't it used initially.

Lol, you people can't wriggle out of this web
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 10:41am On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

You didn't answer my question. If the system was that good, why was it ditched for the period of grace

Edit: If the period of grace was better, why wasn't it used initially.

Lol, you people can't wriggle out of this web

The period wasn't good, but it wasn't the fault of the creator. The fault was pushed from the man to the woman and to the serpent. Man had everything in that garden plus God but we were deceived, we wanted to be like the creator which evidently led to the fall. The period or the system of the old testament was as a result of the fall of man we became God's enemies.

But by grace through Christ we were brought back and adopted into the garden.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

The period wasn't good, but it wasn't the fault of the creator. The fault was pushed from the man to the woman and to the serpent. Man had everything in that garden plus God but we were deceived, we wanted to be like the creator which evidently led to the fall. The period or the system of the old testament was as a result of the fall of man we became God's enemies.

But by grace through Christ we were brought back and adopted into the garden.

Lol, God, the greatest escape artist. It is never his fault.

Your answer will lead me into several new arguments I'm not ready to go into as I'll like to stay on this topic.

Now that you admit the period wasn't good, why wasn't the period of grace used from the beginning?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, God, the greatest escape artist. It is never his fault.

Your answer will lead me into several new arguments I'm not ready to go into as I'll like to stay on this topic.

Now that you admit the period wasn't good, why wasn't the period of grace used from the beginning?

If I may ask, what beginning are you talking about?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

If I may ask, what beginning are you talking about?

The moment adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit. God could had sent down Jesus immediately to kick-start the period of grace
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 11:59am On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

The moment adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit. God could had sent down Jesus immediately to kick-start the period of grace

There are many things I would probably do differently from my limited understanding if I were God.

My child can also ask me why I don't give him sugar and cake everyday from his own limited view point. I am sure he would grow up to know and understand why when he is older.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

There are many things I would probably do differently from my limited understanding if I were God.

My child can also ask me why I don't give him sugar and cake everyday from his own limited view point. I am sure he would grow up to know and understand why when he is older.

The bolded sums it all. So, please, stop trying to use your limited understanding to defend the apparent barbarity of God.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by raptureready: 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind: The argument of drum about the dispensation of grace falls flat as it makes God appear like a dunce which I believe he isn't if at all he exists.

Glad to see you still have some basic respect for God.

rationalmind: If the period where grace was absent was that good, and Gods method of dishing out outright punishment was awesome, why the need for the period of grace? He could had continued with the carrot and stick approach.

The period of grace/church age was introduced for the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to be preached to the entire human world.

The basics are still the same - if you sin and repent, you get forgiveness. If you refuse to repent, you earn punishment. Only this time, the punishment is slated for the time when the gospel has been preached to every creature and Jesus returns to remove the righteous out of the way, before God releases his wrath.

The delay is the "grace" you are given to repent. Please do not let yours expire O!
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

The bolded sums it all. So, please, stop trying to use your limited understanding to defend the apparent barbarity of God.

If it rocks your boat to take that end of the stick, tough. All in all, all we know as humans is nothing when compared with what we do not know.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
rapture_ready:

Glad to see you still have some basic respect for God.

That was to soften things a bit to prevent the post from getting hidden whilst also preventing a ban.

How can I respect what I know doesn't exist.

rapture_ready: The period of grace/church age was introduced for the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to be preached to the entire human world.

Why did it take so long? Why not immediately adam and eve ate the fruit

rapture_ready: The basics are still the same - if you sin and repent, you get forgiveness. If you refuse to repent, you earn punishment. Only this time, the punishment is slated for the time when the gospel has been preached to every creature and Jesus returns to remove the righteous out of the way, before God releases his wrath.

If dishing out immediate punishment was that good, why was it ditched?. If postponing the day of punishment was better, why wasn't it used initially?lol

rapture_ready: The delay is the "grace" you are given to repent. Please do not let yours expire O!

I'd rather proudly and gladly walk into hell than believe in nonsense
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yes, the bible has records of blood, flesh and destruction and all sort. Do I really want to argue His case for Him? No, He will defend Himself if He needs to.

The same bible talks about when religious people were about to stone a woman to death and Jesus asked, ''the first person that had no sin to cast the first stone''

There is judgement in the bible and there is love and forgiveness also. You either hate Him for His judgement or you love Him for His love and forgiveness. It is your choice!!!

Debate about whether there is a God or NOT is usually unfruitful. The only result is each party gaining supports but does it really produce the PROOF YOU want? NO.

All I know is this;

Look up into the sky,
and see the clouds high above you.
If you sin, how does that affect God?
Even if you sin again and again,
what effect will it have on him?
If you are good, is this some great gift to him?
What could you possibly give him?
No, your sins affect only people like yourself,
and your good deeds also affect only humans. [b]Job 35 (5 - 8 )
[/b]
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mark Miwerds: The judgment passed upon Egypt was a result of Pharaoh's decree that the firstborn of Israel would be killed. God's people were in bondage. He had given Pharaoh multiple chances to simply say, "Go, take your people and worship your God." But Pharaoh hardened his heart against God. '

Why would God kill all the firstborn of Egypt? Because they were just as sinful as their prideful leader was. Not one was "innocent." They all were corrupted with sin... yes, even the infants. Years later, King David concurred that all were born in sin.

On the contrary, god harden pharaoh's heart so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.

Exodus 9:12
And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

On the contrary, god harden pharaoh's heart so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.

Exodus 9:12
And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

Yes, God hardened Pharaoh's heart we all know that because it is recorded in the bible I read...

"so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.'' ... I can't find that in my bible!
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sometimes I can't help but wonder why we even debate on stuffs like these.

Apart from the inconsistencies and convoluted stories in the bible, there is no archeological evidence for these stories written in the bible. For example, the exodus talks of a great migration of over half a million people in the wilderness for over 40yrs, one would expect to find lots of evidence for such a great migration, but as with 90% of the stories in the bible and Quran, the only place to find such evidence is in the book or on their respective apologist websites.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by raptureready: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

That was to soften things a bit to prevent the post from getting hidden whilst also preventing a ban.

How can I respect what I know doesn't exist.

Now you are going to get banned.

MYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNND!!!

rationalmind: Why did it take so long? Why not immediately adam and eve ate the fruit

Satan had made some serious allegations against God in the garden of eden. God had to let sufficient time pass, for man to realise that what Satan suggested was not the greatest of ideas. Man had to find out the hard way that the way of sin was not better as Satan had painted it, before God could introduce the plan of reconciliation through jesus Christ.

rationalmind: If dishing out immediate punishment was that good, why was it ditched?. If postponing the day of punishment was better, why wasn't it used initially?lol

It was not "ditched", it was only put on hold so the gospel of Jesus Christ could be preached to the world

I mean, won't it be funny if God introduces a platform for forgiveness/reconciliation, and then before you even hear about it, God punishes you and destroys you for sinning and refusing to repent, when you don't even know the new accepted way of repentance?

rationalmind: I'd rather proudly and gladly walk into hell than believe in nonsense

For your last meal, you are going to eat. those. words.

Here's to hoping you repent before then.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Yes, God hardened Pharaoh's heart we all know that because it is recorded in the bible I read...

"so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.'' ... I can't find that in my bible!

That was in reply to this:

The judgment passed upon Egypt was a result of Pharaoh's decree that the firstborn of Israel would be killed. God's people were in bondage. He had given Pharaoh multiple chances to simply say, "Go, take your people and worship your God." But Pharaoh hardened his heart against God.

Why would any 'savior' harden the heart of the oppressor?

And later kill all their 1st born?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
rapture_ready:

Now you are going to get banned.

MYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNND!!!

grin keep dreaming

rapture_ready: Satan had made some serious allegations against God in the garden of eden. God had to let sufficient time pass, for man to realise that what Satan suggested was not the greatest of ideas. Man had to find out the hard way that the way of sin was not better as Satan had painted it, before God could introduce the plan of reconciliation through jesus Christ.

He was making man find out the hard way by killing innocent babies for the crime of one person.

Try again.

rapture_ready:
It was not "ditched", it was only put on hold so the gospel of Jesus Christ could be preached to the world

The gospel of christ could had been preached immediately adam and eve ate the fruit. Saying man had to find out the way of sin is not what satan said is nonsense as God is the chief culprit. Had he not put satan in the garden in the first place, man wouldn't even had been exposed to satan.

He should had corrected his mistake by sending Jesus immediately not waiting for centuries before doing that.

rapture_ready: I mean, won't it be funny if God introduces a platform for forgiveness/reconciliation, and then before you even hear about it, God punishes you and destroys you for sinning and refusing to repent, when you don't even know the new accepted way of repentance?

He should had introduced the platform for repentance/reconciliation immediately adam n eve ate the fruit

rapture_ready: For your last meal, you are going to eat. those. words.

Here's to hoping you repent before then.

Keep dreaming. When you are awake, let me know
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

That was in reply to this:

Why would any 'savior' harden the heart of the oppressor?

And later kill all their 1st born?

Why would the oppressor kill all the male babies of the oppressed?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Why would the oppressor kill all the male babies of the oppressed?

Answering a question with a question undecided

Your question(answer) still doesn't answer the question.

"Why would any 'savior' harden the heart of the oppressor?"
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

Answering a question with a question undecided

Your question(answer) still doesn't answer the question.

"Why would any 'savior' harden the heart of the oppressor?"

I added that to your list of questions since you can think logically and know what I do not know...
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

I added that to your list of questions since you can think logically and know what I do not know...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by macof(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

lol, muslims also claim to experience Allah. Macof said he has experienced Osun. Whatever reasons you have for not accepting them, consider it a reason not to accept yours.

Make i no derail the thread.
#silently following#
Actually All humans have experienced Osun including you...I can't type much right now so pls try to read and understand this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshun

Pls Note that the part where Osun was referred to as a member of creation got her mistaken with her mother Yemoja
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Weren't you referring to pharaoh as the oppressor? And the isrealites as the opperessed?

If you were, you have no point.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

Weren't you referring to pharaoh as the oppressor? And the isrealites as the opperessed?

If you were, you have no point.

Are your submissions about gaining POINTS? If it is ... good luck to you then. Because I feel you will do anything to gain POINTS even if it means adding to what is not written in the bible. I am outta here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? / What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / Behold The Richest Pastors In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.