Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God (12335 Views)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

That was in reply to this:

Why would any 'savior' harden the heart of the oppressor?

And later kill all their 1st born?

He did that to take the glory, if pharaoh had let the people go easily they probably wouldn't celebrate and praise their God as much as they did after Egypt and their captives were destroyed.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Are your submissions about gaining POINTS? If it is ... good luck to you then.

Smh.. I can see you're either a troll or you don't understand the meaning of a 'point' in regard to a discussion.

Point in the context used means "the essential element of what is being discussed"

So I say again
You've got no point.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

He did that to take the glory, if pharaoh had let the people go easily they probably wouldn't celebrate and praise their God as much as they did after Egypt and their captives were destroyed.

If I'm right, this was Rude's main argument... Shedding of innocence just to take the glory.

Why then do you complain when other gods eg Allah, shed blood just to take the glory?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

If I'm right, this was Rude's main argument... Shedding of innocence just to take the glory.

Why then do you complain when other gods eg Allah, shed blood just to take the glory?
who said the firstborn were innocent?

Psalms 58:3 (KJV) 3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mark Miwerds: who said the firstborn were innocent?

Psalms 58:3 (KJV) 3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Oh? So new borns aren't innocent? Is that what you're trying to say
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

Smh.. I can see you're either a troll or you don't understand the meaning of a 'point' in regard to a discussion.

Point in the context used means "the essential element of what is being discussed"

So I say again
You've got no point.

Lol..., so you do understand what contextual meaning is? Yet you twist the bible to suit your argument. SMH
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Lol..., so you do understand what contextual meaning is? Yet you twist the bible to suit your argument. SMH

Smh... Typical Christian argument always claiming "They twist scriptures". The issue here isn't twisting of scriptures but the convoluted nature of your god

Please tell us how you justify those actions in Rude's opening.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

I believe someone said something about dispensations, please try go through the first page of the thread again. If God decides to wash out a whole country today, He would. He does not need you or me to fight any battle for Him, so comparing what men do in the name of their 'Allah' to what we are telling you holds no water.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

Smh... Typical Christian argument always claiming "They twist scriptures". The issue here isn't twisting of scriptures but the convoluted nature of your god

Please tell us how you justify those actions in Rude's opening.

I am not God's lawyer, ask Him to appear at a tribunal and levy the charges against Him.

You quoted "God hardened Pharaoh's heart"..." I give you credit for that because it is written in the bible and you added

"so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.'' ... that is not in there! So, don't add it!

If you are going to make God guilty of the charges, at least do it based on what He wrote (or probably said) and not what you have added to it.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe someone said something about dispensations, please try go through the first page of the thread again. If God decides to wash out a whole country today, He would. He does not need you or me to fight any battle for Him, so comparing what men do in the name of their 'Allah' to what we are telling you holds no water.

Sir, to say I predicted your response is an understatement. Lol, could it be a miracle? grin wink

And No, I wasn't referring to what men do for Allah, I was referring to what the Quran itself claims Allah did for his people.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

Sir, to say I predicted your response is an understatement. Lol, could it be a miracle? grin wink

And No, I wasn't referring to what men do for Allah, I was referring to what the Quran itself claims Allah did for his people.

I don't find people complaining about what Allah did for or to his people..that's quite new to me I must admit. Please tell us what Allah did that we complain about.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by macof(m): 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mark Miwerds: The judgment passed upon Egypt was a result of Pharaoh's decree that the firstborn of Israel would be killed. God's people were in bondage. He had given Pharaoh multiple chances to simply say, "Go, take your people and worship your God." But Pharaoh hardened his heart against God.

Why would God kill all the firstborn of Egypt? Because they were just as sinful as their prideful leader was. Not one was "innocent." They all were corrupted with sin... yes, even the infants. Years later, King David concurred that all were born in sin.

Now I see you Christians just twist the Bible to suit ur needs.

The very Bible stated that God hardened the mind of pharaoh. doesn't God have the power to do anything, must ur Bible God kill and taste innocent blood before he gets things done?

Couldn't he have softened the mind of pharaoh instead he hardened it to cause a fight

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

I am not God's lawyer, ask Him to appear at a tribunal and levy the charges against Him.

You quoted "God hardened Pharaoh's heart"..." I give you credit for that because it is written in the bible and you added

"so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.'' ... that is not in there! So, don't add it!

If you are going to make God guilty of the charges, at least do it based on what He wrote (or probably said) and not what you have added to it.

Well if you read my post well again, you'll realize I didn't add it to the 'scriptural' quote.

The "so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.'' was part of my own rebuttal implied from the fact that there was no need for heart hardening tongue
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
macof:

The very Bible stated that God hardened the mind of pharaoh. doesn't God have the power to do anything, must ur Bible God kill and taste innocent blood before he gets things done?

Couldn't he have softened the mind of pharaoh instead he hardened it to cause a fight

How humans act like kids, did you put the blood there in the first place? It is an inherent fact that your life will be taken from you at some point, why don't you raise a charge over that as well?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

I don't find people complaining about what Allah did for or to his people..that's quite new to me I must admit. Please tell us what Allah did that we complain about.

What of all the sura's that fellow Christians like yourself post on this board portraying Allah as a blood thirsty god?? Don't tell me you've never seen such.

And No again, I'm not a Muslim, not even close!
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
macof:

A lot we do! In so many areas. Couldn't he have softened the mind of Pharaoh? I wonder o!

In this same bible we find "pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction," James 1:27. I think we should throw that out!!!
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

What of all the sura's that fellow Christians like yourself post on this board portraying Allah as a blood thirsty god?? Don't tell me you've never seen such.

And No again, I'm not a Muslim, not even close!

I have no idea of what you are talking about, all I know is God wouldn't tell you to kill anyone on his behalf today. He is more than able to fight His battles.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

Well if you read my post well again, you'll realize I didn't add it to the 'scriptural' quote.

The "so he would have an excuse to satisfy his blood thirst.'' was part of my own rebuttal implied from the fact that there was no need for heart hardening tongue

Lol..., I like this guy, AfroBasic! I still maintain tho...,please stick to what is written and not to where your inductive reasoning is leading you.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

I have no idea of what you are talking about, all I know is God wouldn't tell you to kill anyone on his behalf [b]today[\b]. He is more than able to fight His battles.

And not before?

Like a Möbius strip this conversation goes
Back and forth without reaching a consensus. I'm kinda busy now... Some other time... Till then, have a merry Christmas.

And for the third time, No!, Jesus isn't the reason for the season, it's more of a tradition to celebrate Christmas.

*thinking to myself I guess that's why people call it x-mas *shrugs**
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
[b]Instead of Christian to be ashamed of these acts of God they are trying to justify it, arguing blindly. With the comments here, none so far have read the bible.

If you're a Christian and you have read your bible thoroughly just 1 time please quote me. If you have not then you shouldn't be arguing about the God you don't know.

It's such a shame that you guys are talking about dispensation when God himself is saying he is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever. He's unrepentant and his son Jesus is not any better.

The Jesus you all hold in high esteem never preached against the law, he encourages it (stoning of disobedient children and dashing of new born babies against a rock), he said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. He encourages slavery, immorality and disrespect to parents.

It's such a shame that the acclaimed Christians haven't read their bible but they're ready to kill and die to protect their believe. Study your bible 1st then come back and argue with full knowledge of the scripture.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Afrobasic:

And not before?

Like a Möbius strip this conversation goes
Back and forth without reaching a consensus. I'm kinda busy now... Some other time... Till then, have a merry Christmas.

And for the third time, No!, Jesus isn't the reason for the season, it's more of a tradition to celebrate Christmas.

*thinking to myself I guess that's why people call it x-mas *shrugs**

I tend to wonder you know..., if one waits for the December 25th before you visit the homeless people or give someone food. Does that mean they will go hungry for the rest 364 days? Christmas is overrated!!!
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

How humans act like kids, did you put the blood there in the first place? It is an inherent fact that your life will be taken from you at some point, why don't you raise a charge over that as well?

Lol, so, its God that takes lives. Does that include the lives of those who commit suicide?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
rudedough: [b]Instead of Christian to be ashamed of these acts of God they are trying to justify it, arguing blindly. With the comments here, none so far have read the bible.

If you're a Christian and you have read your bible thoroughly just 1 time please quote me. If you have not then you shouldn't be arguing about the God you don't know.

It's such a shame that you guys are talking about dispensation when God himself is saying he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and forever. He's unrepentant and Jesus is not any better.

The Jesus you all hold in high esteem never preached against the law, he encourages it (stoning of disobedient children and dashing of children against a rock), he said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. He encourages slavery, immorality and disrespect to parents.

It's such a shame that the acclaimed Christians haven't read their bible but they're ready to kill and die to protect their believe. Study your bible 1st then come back and argue with full knowledge of the scripture.
[/b]

Yet, Jesus did not allow a woman to be stoned!!!

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Afrobasic(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Lol..., I like this guy, AfroBasic! I still maintain tho...,please stick to what is written and not to where your inductive reasoning is leading you.

Okay!.. Got ya!
Even without addition, what is written is still twisted with lots of gorges, loopholes and... !

As said before, I'm busy, so have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas, same to all on this thread. wink
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
seemylife:

Yet, Jesus did not allow a woman to be stoned!!!

You haven't read your bible yet you quoted me. Why do you Christians like to argue blindly without any knowledge of what you're arguing about except what was taught you in your Churches?

I don't want to get on that boat, I'm irritated by all you Christians. When you have read your bible, I will be willing to engage you in a more debatable discuss using sculptural evidences.

But for now, Goodluck reading your bible.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, so, its God that takes lives. Does that include the lives of those who commit suicide?
Yes, even that. No leaf drops from the tree without God's consent.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by shdemidemi(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
rudedough:

You haven't read your bible yet you quoted me. Why do you Christians like to argue blindly without any knowledge of what you're arguing about except what was taught you in your Churches?

I don't want to get on that boat, I'm irritated by all you Christians. When you have read your bible, I will be willing to engage you in a more debatable discuss using sculptural evidences.

You sound like you are the only one who knows the content of the scriptures. Its sad that you have held the wrong end of the stick due to lack of understanding of what you have read.

Your emotions won't change or move God bro.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
rudedough:

Since you have read the bible for so many times. I am wondering how you missed the bit when Jesus refused a woman to be stoned.

I am not irritated by you just so you know. I respect your view bro.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by macof(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
The Bible is the greatest enemy of christianity.
Those who have really read the Bible know wat I mean, the Bible would convince you on how and why you shouldn't take it(Bible) seriously.

It's a book that explains and rats out all the Christian BS u hear in churches by pastors who deceive and are only in it for ur tithes and "sow a seed".

It's one of the best books in the world no doubt as it has some history, spirituality, moral and secrets reveled

The Bible would make you realize that Israel is/was/never God's chosen people but just ancient Israelis high on racist dunk

The Bible would make a sharp and intelligent fellow realize that Half of wat prophets and Bible characters did were not God inspired but devil inspired...well a twist could be in the mix wink if you know wat I mean

The Bible would open ur eyes to see the wickedness of Yahweh and see the love of satan...seriously you would love satan if you believed he was real but I don't know who could believe christian satan exist after thorough study of the Bible

After personal study of the Bible, here is my resolve on satan's true identity: He is God's most beloved son, a high member of the heavenly council, without him there is no God that is why God can't do anything to satan

Lucifer is not satan, satan was never cast out of heaven...Lucifer isn't even a Hebrew word, it's Latin meaning "morning star" I don't know where the idea of Lucifer= Satan came from undecided

Satan has been Gods Faithful messenger never doing wat he isn't instructed to do

Satan loves those who love God

Satan is Gods adviser and also an adviser of men

Satan has never killed

Satan has never lied....yes the Adam and eve saga wasn't a lie, and also I wonder when serpents became satan...some say revelations 12:9 has explained the mystery of the serpent but really? Because even if we agree that satan was the serpent how do we explain Gods punishment against serpents? Wouldn't that mean God punished an innocent specie? Not just one but to continue from that generation to eternity; modern snakes are suffering wat they knew nothing about
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
Drummerboy said and I quote

"GOD IS LOVE! Satan on the other hand is the devil, the deceiver, the destroyer, a lier, a murderer as from the beginning."quote

Please show me where Satan killed:

Show me where Satan, the devil destroyed anything even a glass cup:

Show me where he lied:

And then show me where he murdered even a chicken:

Now ask me the same thing of your loving God and I'll show you in multiple occurrence in the bible.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by DrummaBoy(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
rudedough: [b]@Drummerboy I've read your reply since yesterday but since then i haven't been myself. I have been pondering upon how you tried to justify the murder of innocent children, suckling babies, and the slicing of pregnant women to smite their unborn children with the sword. I almost cried thinking about this last night.

Can you look within yourself and see what religion has done to you? Look at what your morals and sense of judgement have become. That is what religion does to a man. You talked about grace and sins, you even said "Sin is odious to God. God hate sin. And God will judge sin"

But what sins have these children committed? What sins have the suckling babies in their mothers arms committed? What sins have yet unborn / undeveloped babies committed?

How does God justify killing innocent babies when they had nothing to do with the sins of Pharaoh? Couldn't an all-powerful God simply punish Pharaoh enough to make him change his mind?

How can one kill all the children in Nigeria because the President did something wrong, how does that makes sense to you?

I mean real, live babies in their mother's arms. I mean small children, trying to hide behind the safety of their parent's legs even as their parent is gutted. I mean little boys feeling their life flow out of them through a hole that passes through their lungs. I mean little children who don't even know how to wear their slippers.

I can't believe that you even had the guts to invite me to Christendom despite reading about all the shameful murders and grossly immoral conduct of your God. I think i have had enough of this nonsense and i will like to put an end to this discuss as i am deeply saddened and grossly irritated. I wish you luck in your religion.

END
[/b]

@rudedough

Even when I had not read your reply to my post, I did something this morning that I rarely do about my discussions on Nairaland: I prayed that this very discussion will help bring the understanding of Christ in the Person of God to our readers. I thought I should say that for whatever it is worth.

The second point I must state is that I have said in my reply to your question that I believe you are offended with God. It is not a question of whether God exists or not, it is the fact that you are unhappy with him. From your reaction to my reply, this unhappiness stems from why God allowed and supported the killing of infants in the Old Testament, including the ripping apart of pregnant women; and it could include other things that you have not told us here. I do not believe I have an easy answer for you. I do not even think I have an answer. That is why there is the need to pray. The One that can answer you truly is God: and he will give you an answer of peace.

The third point I will like to state is about dogma. Christians are dogmatic. We hold the bible as the word of God and final authority on all issues of life. We may be maligned for it but we simply have no apology for it. That is why I did not dispute the verses you quoted; I only tried to offer some explanations for them.

The fourth thing I must state, sir, is that I do not see the rudedough that I have come to know to be one who will opt out of a discuss that easily. One of the best arguments against tithing in recent times on this forum has come from you; to then "chicken" out of a discuss on God all because of an offence will do great diservice to your person. Or does it reveal something that is yet to be revealed?

The fifth thing: Charles Colson discussed about a famous American Atheist, Madalyn Murray O'Hair, in his book: The Good Life. This woman took American Public Schools to court saying that public prayer and bible reading should be banned in American Public Schools. She won her case at the Supreme Court, bible reading were banned in public schools and became an overnight celebrity. She went on the form an association of American Atheists, that grew to become a very famous association. Rude may be aware of these people. A few years before this woman's death, Mr Colson, a Christian minister met her on a TV show and the host of the show wanted them to discuss the matter of God. Colson presented his reasons why God exists. Miss O'Hair only snared at Colson through out the interview, ranting that God is blood thirsty and that the bible is full of wars were Children were murdered. She refused to discuss any rational thing with this man of God.

Sometimes in the early 90's Miss O'Hair got into some scandals in regards to how resources belonging to the American Atheists group was being used. She was the founder and president (a kind of Pentecostal church). About the time she was going to be indicted, she hired some unscrupulous fellows to help cover her tracks. These guys with criminal records already did a good job but went on to fall out with her. The result of the fallout let to their kidnapping Miss O'Hair, her son and grand daughter for many days. She was declared missing. Many days later her decomposing body and that of her son and grand daughter were found in an isolated place. She had been dismembered and cut in pieces.

The morale of the story? Atheism does not pay. But that is not really the lesson: I wish to show that most atheist really have no argument beyond the fact that God is blood thirsty and kills children. When you explain to them the nature of the Old Covenant and dispensations they snare at it and say all of bible is relevant - the very error of tithe proponents; a position that rudedough uses very well against tithers on this forum but has chosen to stand against to justify his position that God is blood thirsty.

I still maintain the scriptures my friend quoted in page 0 are true and I will not argue against them. But my friend knows very well the difference btw the New and the Old Convenat bc he uses that very argument against tithers on this forum. It is that argument I wish to show to him that justifies a God of grace in the new testament against a God of wrath in the Old.

I am afraid, however, that the more an individual meditates on a lie and allows it to build up offence in him against the truth of the word of God, the more it becomes impossible to penetrate to him. If God asked for the life of children in the Old Testament, it was in keeping with a ministration of death he had with those people then; is there any record of God demanding blood in the NT (My new question to you if you wish to continue the discuss)?

I see that you have returned to the thread and I will encourage that the discussion continues. If however, you are still not interested in continuing the discussion, I believe that you have found all the answers that you have raging against God in this life through his own people. I trust those answers will minister to you and help you to come to faith in the person of Jesus Christ in due time; God is full of grace and love - the very nature of God which he had even revealed to Moses on the mount, even if he didn't practice much of it then until now. We are in a time in which the love of God propelled him to send his Son to die for all men; as many as believe in his will be saved. Those who do not are on a collision course with a God of wrath; revealed in the OT and yet to be revealed in coming dispensations like shdemidemi had mentioned earlier.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

You sound like you are the only one who knows the content of the scriptures. Its sad that you have held the wrong end of the stick due to lack of understanding of what you have read.

Your emotions won't change or move God bro.

[b]Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself? I'm an Atheist but I've read your bible but you're a Christian and you know much less about your bible and religion. You don't even know that your God accepts human sacrifices like Ogun and Amadioha.

Stop talking please, you're making a show of shame. Go and study your bible 1st and tell your friend @seemylife that the woman he's talking about wasn't a prostitute. The teachers used her as a trap to accuse Jesus.

John 8:2–11
Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him,

“Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”

This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him.

When you guys have read your bible, I will be open to discuss with you about your bible and religion cos right now, you guys are only repeating what your Pastors told you like an automated machine.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? / What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / Behold The Richest Pastors In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.