Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91022 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Birth..
thanks mate
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ilebaami: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ GOT CLASS AND CULTURE.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by samhay: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
This man even had time to count the number of times 'God' was mentioned
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by BankManager(m): 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
So long a letter...!
"Professor" Abati is truly the "Presidential Spokesman".I think he wrote this letter and not President Jonathan..
Nigerians are in dire need of another reply from General Obasanjo..!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jitela: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
na_joke:
^
Gbam!!!.....

I rest my case. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

don't you know that being a president or governor means inheriting* your predecessors' problems.... if na beans y don't you try being president.
rubbish
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Noble11(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
bankole200: Abati's reply is no match to what OBJ said in his letter. Nigerian's are nt fools, why r u boasting about FDI increament? FDI in petroleum sector, how life has d fDi affected as claimed by you.2015 is just around the corner, just get ready for the doom dat await you through d ballots.
Do u even va a VOTERS CARD

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by najoke: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo:

Here is the evidence:

"Presidential assistance for a murderer to evade justice and presidential delegation to welcome him home can only be in bad taste generally but particularly to the family of this victim. Assisting criminals to evade justice cannot be part of the job of the presidency. Or, as it is viewed in some quarters, is he being recruited to do for you what he had done for Abacha in the past? Hopefully, he should have learned his lesson. Let us continue to watch".
^
thanks.....when I said GEJ response was lame, now u see.Obj hit the nail on the head......all I can see GEJ saying in his in this letter by is that all these things have been happening before he became president. So he should not be blamed because it has been happening for years.

again GEJ,if u want to shoot,shoot.........DONT TALK
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Ngokafor(f): 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
I would certainly choose Jonathan over and above OBJ or any of the deceitful and hypocritical politicians in APC anyday anytime....@topic,matured response from the president.

8 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by IYANGBALI: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Walahi na carry over GEJ get for this OBJ course. He no fit pass the course walahi
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
should jonathan contest and win the next election, we can safely say obj's political career is as good as dead.

his barbs, innuendo's, assertions etc etc will become mere words from a drowning man.

all the same, jonathan should stand in front of a mirror and ask himself a number of questions.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omg!! We have a dumb president!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by c0llynz02: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo:

Obasanjo did not mention Stellah but mentioned the release of Al-Mustapha. I don't think you read the 18 page letter. Tambuwal mentioned Stellah and I included it because the letter happened 48 hours after Tambuwal spoke about GEJ's body language to corruption. GEJ himself made mention of Tambuwal and Obasanjo in his response. That is why I included Stella in the conversation.

Olodo_bobo!
GEJ responded to every issue OBJ raised in that letter.
Obasanjo never explicitly mentioned Al Mustapha or Stella.
I also find it difficult to believe that you will accuse me of assisting murderers, or assigning a presidential delegation to welcome a murderer.
This is a most unconscionable and untrue
allegation. It is incumbent on me to remind you that I am fully conscious of the dictates of my responsibilities to God and our dear nation. It is my hope that devious elements will not take advantage of your baseless allegation to engage in brazen and wanton assassination of high profile politicians as before, hiding under the alibi your “open letter” has provided for them.

Take time and read
[b]I have been strengthening the institutions established to fight corruption. I will not shield any government official or private individual involved in corruption, but I must follow due process in all that I do. And whenever clear cases of corruption or fraud have
been established, my administration has always taken prompt action in keeping with the dictates of extant laws and procedures. You cannot claim to be unaware of the fact that several highly placed persons in our country, including sons of some of our party leaders are currently facing trial for their involvement in the celebrated subsidy scam affair. I
can hardly be blamed if the wheels of justice still grind very slowly in our country, but we are doing our best to support and encourage the judiciary to quicken the pace of adjudication in cases of corruption. Baba, I am amazed that with all the knowledge
garnered from your many years at the highest level of governance in our country, you could still believe the spurious allegation contained in a letter written to me by the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and surreptitiously obtained by you, alleging that USD49.8 billion, a sum equal to our entire national budget for two years, is “unaccounted for” by the NNPC. Since, as President, you also served for many years as Minister of Petroleum Resources, you very well know the workings of the corporation. It is therefore intriguing that you have made such an assertion.
You made a lot of insinuations about oil theft, shady dealings at the NNPC and the NNPC not remitting the full proceeds of oil sales to the of CBN. Now that the main source of the allegations which you rehashed has publicly stated that he was “misconstrued”, perhaps you will find it in your heart to apologize for misleading unwary Nigerians
and impugning the integrity of my administration on that score. Your claim of “Atlantic Oil loading about 130, 000
barrels sold by Shell and managed on behalf of
NPDC with no sale proceeds paid into the NPDC
account” is also disjointed and baseless because no such arrangement as you described exists between
Atlantic Oil and the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company. NPDC currently produces about 138, 000
barrels of oil per day from over 7 producing assets.
The Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD) of the
NNPC markets all of this production on behalf of NPDC with proceeds paid into NPDC account. I am really shocked that with all avenues open to you as a former Head of State for the verification of any information you have received about state affairs, you chose to go public with allegations of “high corruption” without offering a shred of supporting evidence. One of your political “sons” similarly alleged recently that he told me of a
minister who received a bribe of $250 Million from an oil company and I did nothing about it. He may have been playing from a shared script, but we have not heard from him again since he was challenged to name the minister involved and provide the evidence to back his claim. I urge you, in the same vein, to furnish me with the names, facts and figures of a single verifiable case of the “high corruption” which you say stinks all around my administration and see whether the corrective action you advocate does not follow promptly. And while you are at it, you may also wish to tell Nigerians the true story of questionable waivers of signature bonuses between 2000 and 2007
. [/b]

16 Likes

Obasanjo and Apc supporters doesn't have anything to say, they have resorted to calling the president names and talking about who wrote the letter. Na Una papa write am

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by oddy4real(m): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo:

Here is the evidence:

"Presidential assistance for a murderer to evade justice and presidential delegation to welcome him home can only be in bad taste generally but particularly to the family of this victim. Assisting criminals to evade justice cannot be part of the job of the presidency. Or, as it is viewed in some quarters, is he being recruited to do for you what he had done for Abacha in the past? Hopefully, he should have learned his lesson. Let us continue to watch".
For the benefit of YIBOMUSTGO and other grossly misinformed people here, who blatantly display their ignorance:

1) Al-Mustapha was prosecuted by LAGOS STATE. The case is cited as People of Lagos State vs Al-Mustapha. So, the Presidency would have had nothing at all to do with his matter
2) Officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice decided against APpealing his acquittal at the Supreme Court.

For anyone one to drag GEJ into this is just pure, unbridled mischief

19 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by najoke: 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
jitela:

don't you know that being a president or governor means inheriting* your predecessors' problems.... if na beans y don't you try being president.
rubbish
^
Are u for real shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, i never knew o!, thanks for enlightening me.........but dem force am to be president?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by gbadexy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Definitely abati's hand work but a good response still.
Mr jonah no send obj again. Its an all out war.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Italiano1: 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
This exchange of letters between 2 retar.ds is not only nauseating but very embarrassing. It is very convenient for these two foo.ls to write to one another when neither of the dimwits can communicate properly in English.

Dr Jonathan and General Obamumu cannot teach English at nursery level, they cannot coherently express themselves in interviews or during Presidential Chats but suddenly they are grammarians when exchanging letters undecided undecided

They hire hungry morons to write a meaningless tirade of Bullshi.t ; obviously some impressionable Nigerians will take such stupi.d letters at face value and salivate on the rubbish in it. Nigerians are the easiest tools to rule over- very sheepish and easily controllable. They can endure all sorts of maltreatment and are generally worshipful.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they have- simples!

11 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Lifebender(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
So you xpect mii to seat and read all those trash.It is obvious and glaring that you are tryin to write ur own 18 pages letter.
You started by outlining 10 reasons why you ought to reply Baba's letter which can be summarised as 1.And i think u did that to deviate and to hide the truth of the matter.
All you have said there aint genuine,just a pack of lies,and u think we're that foolish like before to get that into our headTah!we wont.
[b]Now my question is this.What happened to ODUAH car scandal if indeed u're against corruption.Mind you IF you must fight corruption,it must start from ur cabinet
.I rest my case[/b]

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by najoke: 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
oddy4real:
For the benefit of YIBOMUSTGO and toher grossly misinformed people here, who blatantly display their ignorance:

1) Al-Mustapha was prosecuted by LAGOS STATE. The case is cited as People of Lagos State vs Al-Mustapha. So, the Presidency would have had nothing at all to do with his matter
2) Officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice decided against APpealing his acquittal at the Supreme Court.

For anyone one is drag GEJ into this is just pure, unbridled mischief
^
do u truly believe what u just wrote...................or a you a foreigner?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tsmooth1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
jitela:
I am very Stu.pid

rubbish
When men are talking, you should shut up your fvcking mouth and continue your menstruation.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by neejay1986(m): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
This is serious!......very interesting. I'm expecting OBJ's letter too very soon.
grin

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by kmariko: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ in his reply subtly calls OBJ.

1. Clueless [/b]for not knowing how things worked under him..He was a petroleum minister.

2.[b] Liar
for baseless allegations. Snipers. Instigator of PDP crises.

3. Academically unsound.. Not able to interpret basic economic indices.

4. A murderer...including Murtalas

5. Unanalytical and a Brute.. Brute force in action. No regard for rule of law.

7 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by PEEBERRY(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
What is dis one saying?are you sure u read the letterplease use ur head not ur di*k.
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: GEJ responded to every issue OBJ raised in that letter.
Obasanjo never explicitly mentioned Al Mustapha or Stella.
I also find it difficult to believe that you will accuse me of assisting murderers, or assigning a presidential delegation to welcome a murderer.
This is a most unconscionable and untrue
allegation. It is incumbent on me to remind you that I am fully conscious of the dictates of my responsibilities to God and our dear nation. It is my hope that devious elements will not take advantage of your baseless allegation to engage in brazen and wanton assassination of high profile politicians as before, hiding under the alibi your “open letter” has provided for them.

Take time and read
[b]I have been strengthening the institutions established to fight corruption. I will not shield any government official or private individual involved in corruption, but I must follow due process in all that I do. And whenever clear cases of corruption or fraud have
been established, my administration has always taken prompt action in keeping with the dictates of extant laws and procedures. You cannot claim to be unaware of the fact that several highly placed persons in our country, including sons of some of our party leaders are currently facing trial for their involvement in the celebrated subsidy scam affair. I
can hardly be blamed if the wheels of justice still grind very slowly in our country, but we are doing our best to support and encourage the judiciary to quicken the pace of adjudication in cases of corruption. Baba, I am amazed that with all the knowledge
garnered from your many years at the highest level of governance in our country, you could still believe the spurious allegation contained in a letter written to me by the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and surreptitiously obtained by you, alleging that USD49.8 billion, a sum equal to our entire national budget for two years, is “unaccounted for” by the NNPC. Since, as President, you also served for many years as Minister of Petroleum Resources, you very well know the workings of the corporation. It is therefore intriguing that you have made such an assertion.
You made a lot of insinuations about oil theft, shady dealings at the NNPC and the NNPC not remitting the full proceeds of oil sales to the of CBN. Now that the main source of the allegations which you rehashed has publicly stated that he was “misconstrued”, perhaps you will find it in your heart to apologize for misleading unwary Nigerians
and impugning the integrity of my administration on that score. Your claim of “Atlantic Oil loading about 130, 000
barrels sold by Shell and managed on behalf of
NPDC with no sale proceeds paid into the NPDC
account” is also disjointed and baseless because no such arrangement as you described exists between
Atlantic Oil and the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company. NPDC currently produces about 138, 000
barrels of oil per day from over 7 producing assets.
The Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD) of the
NNPC markets all of this production on behalf of NPDC with proceeds paid into NPDC account. I am really shocked that with all avenues open to you as a former Head of State for the verification of any information you have received about state affairs, you chose to go public with allegations of “high corruption” without offering a shred of supporting evidence. One of your political “sons” similarly alleged recently that he told me of a
minister who received a bribe of $250 Million from an oil company and I did nothing about it. He may have been playing from a shared script, but we have not heard from him again since he was challenged to name the minister involved and provide the evidence to back his claim. I urge you, in the same vein, to furnish me with the names, facts and figures of a single verifiable case of the “high corruption” which you say stinks all around my administration and see whether the corrective action you advocate does not follow promptly. And while you are at it, you may also wish to tell Nigerians the true story of questionable waivers of signature bonuses between 2000 and 2007
. [/b]

Who was OBJ talking about in the quote below? Was he talking about Al-Mustapha or not?

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
samhay: This man even had time to count the number of times 'God' was mentioned
PPPHUUUL...oya count..
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
samhay: This man even had time to count the number of times 'God' was mentioned

That is what they pay Abati to do...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Hamza702(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Now we nigerians can see for ouselves the truth. GEJ have done well by far better than OBJ. He provided more than enough anwers to his letter.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by atlwireles: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
na_joke:
^
Rubbish to you too........dem force am to be president?

Meaning what What are you really crying about.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by RedEboe(m): 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ may end up being one of Nigeria's greatest politician/president ever. Unlike Obasanjo,who as President insulted a small boy musician on national TV for singing 'Nigeria jaga jaga'.

GEJ did not have to insult or character assassinate Obasanjo directly,he allowed a more potent and painful source to do the insulting,Obasanjo's own daughter. grin

And now GEJ comes up with a very articulate and matured response,which may seem ordinary to the normal eye but coded with very strong messages. E.g, GEJ has just indirectly told the world that Obj may have had a hand in Murtala Mohammed's Assassination
lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by petreli08: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Am pleased τ̲̅ȍ read d whole response...m sorry for all wrong criticism but please make life better for the man on the street

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Wealthlex(m): 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nice one Gef, OBJ is just been jeolous of ur common success,dat why he is lie.a man dat can nt control is family is advice a president of corruption. Gef i m with u
boniflex: Let me comment before reading it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.