Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (17661 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Apc’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck – Soyinka - / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by patriotic007: 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Progressives want to get power by all means,but they fail to realise that OBJ is too politically weak now to help them,.....
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by slimghost(m): 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Gorrbachev:

You Putrid filth, he was a "cultist" and "Bad man" when he called your madame shepopo/peace out for meddling in politics. Now you like the way he thinks.
Does being a professor give one immunity from being called to order when he/she errs? Is he God? Is he infallible? Must we always agree with his viewpoints?. Haba!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
dclinton01:

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/apcs-visit-obasanjo-nigeria-heading-shipwreck-soyinka/

what is happening in Nigeria is a battle between the old and new. The old past still want to be relevant. It may well be that all the old past in PDP will decamp to APC contrary to my initial calculation that APC will be fulll of fresh blood whereas PDP will be full of old past. With all these, i can now confidently say that Nigeria has a great future. There will be tough roads ahead and we may end up in serious crisis as a country but the future is great. Lasting peace is only possible after there is war. We need to go deeper into this type of crisis before we can have any meaningful rise as a nation. I am so about this.

Only in Nigeria and Africa that old men of IBB, OBJ, Buhari etc age that have been at the helm will continue to want to be at the helm. THings are slipping out of their hand and they are increasingly getting desparate. OBJ and APC romance has destoyed OBJ and APC. Those in PDP decamping to APC have destroyed their political career. Those in APC accepting the decampees are going to regret it. This is because the only glue that brings politicians together and keep them together is absent. This glue is a common political ideal. Neither PDP nor APC has it and they will keep falling apart.

Looks like remnants young bloods in PDP will bring the change Nigeria desparately need. APC may well paint a picture of cocktail and portfolio of the elements that are the architects of Nigerias problem. More of them in PDP still need to go (Aneni, Tukur etc).
A change is taking place in Nigeria today. There are those that want to stand in the way, there are those that are making it happen; there are those that ignorant of this change, there are those that will be crushed by this change, and there are those that are indeed part of this change.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Once more, I am calling on all Biafrans to have exit plans.

Let there be more than one plans.
Nigeria is collapsing.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by chairman: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
IamDebola: This Soyinka just love talking..
look at what hatred for jonathan is doing to you, are you insulting soyinka now because he said the simple truth, apc are claiming that pdp is the problem of nigeria and they are begging every stray pdp member to join them in their apc, how is it that the definition of progressive in nigeria is anyone that insults jonathan or anyone that wants to join apc? And possibly you are among those saying that jonathan ir clueless and daft.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by awodman: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2013

“How else do you want God to save Nigeria if all those who are the problems of the country are not packed in one boat and the boat sink under their weight?~ Okupe

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by obeski13(m): 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
It is only people with short memory tht will be surprised at what prof has said...but can we blame d desperate APC? We cant blame them..for any party to win an election in nigeria,it needs d support of dis megalomaniacs..it is high time we rise up and wake up frm our slumber and decide who becomes our leader...we will continue to av inept and corrupt leaders as long as we abdicate our responsibilities and allow failed and corrupt leaders to decide who wins an election
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by chairman: 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
masseratti: Thank goodness someone with dignity,honour and brain finally speaks out.
Its not too late for APC to make a u turn,have ideology,they should tell us their stance on true federalism,boko haram,how they intend to tackle corruption,develop power,industries etc and leave Gej alone with his PDP,
PDP has failed Nigerians nothing is going on even in south south,that place should have being a construction battle ground employing all the militant youths in that area.
Obj is not loved by his people,they hate him with passion,they throw stones at him,he lost relevance in politics when he lost control of the house of assembly,the only institution he could use to put Gej in check,Gej and tinubu upstaged him in his game.

Btw Tinubu is the maestro of politics of our time,you can never guess his next move....going to meet Obj might be at this time to me is like a game of chess,sacrifice a bishop let the opposition make a wrong move and take the queen.
they might as well take the board, pdp will not make any move on this
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Orikinla(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kongi is correct.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ayuntin: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
I wonder what their goal is? OBJ of all people? I`M DISAPPOINTED IN TINUBU
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ignis: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
zonax: Nice one prof. G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ point. Am not a tribalistic person, but all I see APC aiming at is to wrestle power off GEJ's hand and by any means humanly possible, return it to the north come 2015.
I disagree....
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by josite: 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
it is clear now that apc and pdp are peopled by the same set of character and it is our duty to use our vote to vote them out of relevance
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by egbetokuns(m): 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
dclinton01:

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/apcs-visit-obasanjo-nigeria-heading-shipwreck-soyinka/
. Any news frm vanguard.i will never believe it. Fake paper with fake story.they were even hav agent at nairaland to post all their story.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by IYANGBALI: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
thank God i am no longer inside the ship
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ollyboi123(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ChikezieU(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
the "Nigeria needs rescue operation" make me laugh
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ChikezieU(m): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
obeski13: It is only people with short memory tht will be surprised at what prof has said...but can we blame d desperate APC? We cant blame them..for any party to win an election in nigeria,it needs d support of dis megalomaniacs..it is high time we rise up and wake up frm our slumber and decide who becomes our leader...we will continue to av inept and corrupt leaders as long as we abdicate our responsibilities and allow failed and corrupt leaders to decide who wins an election
how can we when we keep on lothing each orther... they will say this one is from south east, this one from north, this one from west the other one from south south some will say you be igbo, hausa, kanuri, yoruba ijaw... we keep on wasting our time on trybalism
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Gorrbachev: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
slimghost:
Does being a professor give one immunity from being called to order when he/she errs? Is he God? Is he infallible? Must we always agree with his viewpoints?. Haba!

An unelected citizen takes a state hostage because her husband is the president. Soyinka complains and demanded the president caution his wife.

next we hear, mama peace is disappointed in Soyinka and her husband's pillars rushed on the internet, calling Soyinka a cultist, divorcee etc.

Please
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Gorrbachev: 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
EBK2:

what is happening in Nigeria is a battle between the old and new. The old past still want to be relevant. It may well be that all the old past in PDP will decamp to APC contrary to my initial calculation that APC will be fulll of fresh blood whereas PDP will be full of old past. With all these, i can now confidently say that Nigeria has a great future. There will be tough roads ahead and we may end up in serious crisis as a country but the future is great. Lasting peace is only possible after there is war. We need to go deeper into this type of crisis before we can have any meaningful rise as a nation. I am so about this.

Only in Nigeria and Africa that old men of IBB, OBJ, Buhari etc age that have been at the helm will continue to want to be at the helm. THings are slipping out of their hand and they are increasingly getting desparate. OBJ and APC romance has destoyed OBJ and APC. Those in PDP decamping to APC have destroyed their political career. Those in APC accepting the decampees are going to regret it. This is because the only glue that brings politicians together and keep them together is absent. This glue is a common political ideal. Neither PDP nor APC has it and they will keep falling apart.

Looks like remnants young bloods in PDP will bring the change Nigeria desparately need. APC may well paint a picture of cocktail and portfolio of the elements that are the architects of Nigerias problem. More of them in PDP still need to go (Aneni, Tukur etc).
A change is taking place in Nigeria today. There are those that want to stand in the way, there are those that are making it happen; there are those that ignorant of this change, there are those that will be crushed by this change, and there are those that are indeed part of this change.

If Jonathan & pillars are the new, then we are in trouble. FYI, OBJ does not need to decamp to work against GEJ.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by oluxy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Think safety people
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by deletrue: 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerians (both normal and abnormal) are luckly. if Obasanjo had become the Secretary General, we would been desgraced acrossed the world. Just imagine what would have happened in the meetings with Obasanjo in the high table, leading some of intellectuals in attendance. God forbid bad thing.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
[quote
author=Ngene-Ukwenu]For speaking against Obasanjo, you are no longer a
mad professor. We are sorry for abusing you undecided undecided[/quote]

I suspect sorry support u
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by KwoiZabo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by KwoiZabo(m): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy: The Mad Professor is now the darling of the Ibos..... grin grin grin
He is not our darling yet he might be doing it as a face saving measure after the intense bashings he received from us for supporting that tyrant in Rivers state but the bitter truth is that he is making you guys more confused. If i were you (all anti-GEJites) i will be hiding my face in shame sad

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by gconnect(m): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Has anyone finish the book by that great prophet - Chinua Achebe titled "There was a country"...... So which country is he actualy talking about, Nigeria or Biafra?......
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by safeact(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Big4wig: Biko pdp,apc & d rest,shift abeg

Omondi, goes into a doctor's office. The doctor, a Mr Golongo says,
"Oh, Mr. Omondi! We have the results of your test.
Do you want the bad news first or the very bad news?"
Omondi, shrugs and says, "Well I guess I'll have the bad news first."
"Well the bad news is, you have 24
hours to live," the doctor replies.
Omondi is distraught, "24 hours to live? That's horrible! What could be worse than that? What's the VERY bad news?"
Dr Golongo then folds his hands and sighs, "The very bad news is...I've been trying to contact you since yesterday...".

#BIGWIGcheesycheesy
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by s3nn2x(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
deletrue: Nigerians (both normal and abnormal) are luckly. if Obasanjo had become the Secretary General, we would been desgraced acrossed the world. Just imagine what would have happened in the meetings with Obasanjo in the high table, leading some of intellectuals in attendance. God forbid bad thing.
I am confused.

Was OBJ ever considered to be the UN Secretary General?

I don't recall a past president ever occupying such a post.

Obj is not even a career diplomat to be considered for such position.

I have tried to understand your point, but I don't see the meaning in it, whether it was meant to be a joke or not....it just does not make sense.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by peter4d2(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dey r all clamourin 4 change but livin Gej 2 tackle boko haram..cos their track record is like a billionaires check book filled wif too many zero's
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by thewarrior72: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: APC is just taking advantage of every PDP's misfortune.
Tomorrow, if another PDP big gun tongue lash GEJ. APC ll rush down to his/her home to visit.
APC is the luckiest party on earth.
undecided
Make use of ur God-given brain, atleast once in ur lifetime!
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by katakara: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
U Stoop to conquer!!!
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by deletrue: 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
s3nn2x:
I am confused.

Was OBJ ever considered to be the UN Secretary General?

I don't recall a past president ever occupying such a post.

Obj is not even a career diplomat to be considered for such position.

I have tried to understand your point, but I don't see the meaning in it, whether it was meant to be a joke or not....it just does not make sense.
Why would you be so quick to forget. Obasanjo was one of the contenders along side Kofi Anan of Ghana when he was kicked out. You may find out from others. If it is a fact, that thread you are refering to as senseless will become meaningful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Threaten To Arrest IGP Ibrahim Idris / Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose / Orji Uzor Kalu Appears In Court For The Continuation Of His Trial(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.