Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (17662 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Apc’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck – Soyinka - / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Igwe9(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
The man spoke an obvious truth.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Mexyz(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Hahahaha...soyinka is indirectly saying naija's case will be worse than that of titanic. Prof don gve Apc uppercut, so prof you mean abacha wud ve bn a co-captain of Apc's ship if he were to be alive? Nawao.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Gorrbachev: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: If 30% "progressives" can think like this man, I could consider APC!

You Putrid filth, he was a "cultist" and "Bad man" when he called your madame shepopo/peace out for meddling in politics. Now you like the way he thinks.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by agabaI23(m): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Thanks prof.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Lanretoye(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Plutarch: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: If 30% "progressives" can think like this man, I could consider APC!

SMH,many of your pro-PDP and pro-GEJ co-travellers are nothing but hypocrites undecided. So Soyinka now thinks like a progressive. Many of you including the "noise-maker-in-chief" i.e Asari Dokubo were no where to be found when this elder statesman,Tunde Bakare, Femi Falana were marching the streets of Abuja in support of GEJ in the last days of Yar'Adua.
When this man some months ago called Patience Jonathan to order in her brouhaha with Amaechi,many of you guy came down on him calling him all sorts of name. Some Ex-militants even "advised" him not to come near the South-South.
Some bigots among you also saw everything wrong with Falana's intervention in matter arising between Chime and his wife just because he is from the S.W
I want you to know that there is a philosophy and principle guiding people like Soyinka, Falana, Bakare. This principle is such that rise high with exposure,patriotism above the cheap ethnic and religious bigotry that forms the opinions of many of your likes angry

9 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by talktimi(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
The Hypocrisy in APC ehn!!!
SMH!!!
im surprised this is coming from you undecided
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2013
bjdon: My people do they still read 'Animal Farm' in JSS? if not I implore you to go and read that book, if they still read it then you'll be familar with how in the end the Pigs were dinning their so called enemies, the humans, while the rest of the anmials were starving outside. That is Nigeria today. The rulling class play us like fools. There is no difference between APC, APGA, PDP, ANPP, UNP, NPN, AD, AC, PRP....., They are all subscribe to the motto of 'You chop I chop'!!

It's so sad to see Buhari mortgage himself like this. While i never really trusted the man, after he worked with Abacha, I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt as many Niaralnders seem to think he was 'The One'. I hope all your eyes are open now and you can see that Buhari is simply just 'Another one'
you got my "like" bro.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Wislet(f): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2013
A PARTY THAT CLAIMS THEY WANT TO RESCUE THE NATION'S FAILING DEMOCRACY EMBRACING AND INCORPORATING ALL THOSE THAT HELPED SINK THE SHIP!

Not that they changed anywhere along the line too!

Where is this nation heading to with this slave mentality??

Everyone bowing down to everyone else because of money and political appointments!

No one wants to stand and gather to himself people that mean well for the country, no matter how few they may be now, and watch if Nigerians will not back them. Instead we want to 'follow the crowd'.

GOD WILL KEEP SAVING NIGERIA FROM PERIL.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by rossete2020(f): 11:34am On Dec 23, 2013
apc is a shameless party. They're jst worshipin idol(OBJ) instead of d real God. I'll advice they go nd study their bible 2 c d consequences of worshipin idol or if they dont understnd d bible, they can ask our 4fathers, d Israelites. And dt's where they're headin 2- the pit of hell.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by AnanseK(m): 11:36am On Dec 23, 2013
dclinton01: God save Nigeria. Only U can pilot dis ship @ dis point in tym

Do u mean soyinka? Soyinka can talk but he cannot pilot even an okada or Keke Napep . Certainly not the Nigerian ship.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by mikael78: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2013
walescounis:

Haa, Agbalagba..... A yanga e lai.
. Parkwel jor!! Agbalagba sef suppoz misyan 1nce in a while
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Wislet(f): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2013
AT THIS POINT I DO NOT THINK IT IS 'PARTY' THAT WILL SAVE NIGERIA NO MATTER WHO CLAIMS TO BE A 'MESSIAH',

IT IS THE INDIVIDUALS WHO CAN TURN THE AFFAIRS OF THIS NATION WRONG SIDE RIGHT.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by tosan200(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2013
rossete2020: apc is a shameless party. They're jst worshipin idol(OBJ) instead of d real God. I'll advice they go nd study their bible 2 c d consequences of worshipin idol or if they dont understnd d bible, they can ask our 4fathers, d Israelites. And dt's where they're headin 2- the pit of hell.
What's dis one saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2013
I already envisaged this before Soyinka busted it !!

There is nothing new in APC anymore, it is like Tinubu,Akande and Buhari are wooed to PDP !!

The Cabals are being Decabalised in PDP and it is quite Unfortunate that APC has given them safe-Haven .... What a Total wreck of Ship !

Neo-PDP should have been allowed to form their own Party while APC may seek some electoral alliances to brokered power instead of Outright Merger !!

The Bittered Truth is when these cabals defeated Jonathan via APC, they would destroyed the very tenet and foundation of APC, Regroup enmasse and Decamped to their PDP (Thier Mother) !!

It is a Total wreck of Ship for Nigeria, what an Unhealthy disastrous Move !!!

Progressives must have developed a counter-Strategy,I so wish !!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Tugbus(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2013
Wow wonderful...Somebody with sense has finally spoken..Am soo enjoying this.Who in his right senses that says that he wants to fight corruption will get himself associated with Tinubu and OBJ Its good this is happening now so that the eyes of the blind ones will be opened...At least those who didnt know who our supposed progressives are and their motives with what they stand for will now know.Wonderful perfect timing... Power hustlers!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2013
Really, I would rather APC woed Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in the wee-Hours to Election i.e a year to election !

That would have been a leap for Nigerian Democratic Process, PDP woulda suffered same fate they made Other parties to suffered !!

Imagine, Jonathan declares for APC with Presidential power to battled PDP ..... Wao,wao,wao .....

Anyhow sha, Whatever agenda that works, we are watching them and learning !
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Tau munji. Fropessor. Sunche su nagari, na kowa. Allah ya taimako talaka. Ba sai buhari, sai dan iska!
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by stantob(m): 11:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Prof, you wouldn't have said it better.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by 01mcfadden(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
What we cant see while standing up,Soyinka sees it even while sitting down.
A word is enough for tyhe wise!
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by 01mcfadden(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
AnanseK:

Do u mean soyinka? Soyinka can talk but he cannot pilot even an okada or Keke Napep . Certainly not the Nigerian ship.
he is reffering to God as the only one that can pilot us and not Soyinka
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by acidtalk: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by tosan200(m): 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
I can't read any curses by APC e warriors towards this man ,if Soyinka was directing this shots to Jonathan or PDP ,am sure PDP e warriors would have cursed the living daylight out of this man. A very recent example is the "mama peace" meddling with amaechi and this shameless PDP e warriors calling this man a mad man for saying the truth.
APC is just the new PDP and it shows how low people who are meant to be leader can go.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
ucyoma: I thought APC was the messiah that would bring the desired change we need in Nigeria, but APC’s incessant admission and political romance with very obvious bad eggs in the system just made rubbish of my silly hasty-thoughts pointing to one fact
APC’s mission is not to fight corruption or bring change as they made us thought, but just a syndicate of desperate power hijackers and desperadoes ( in the people of Buhari, Tinubu n co) and unhappy, aggrieved elites who so desperate to thirst power and not happy that GEJ is from the Minority (and as such shouldn’t rule)
At this juncture, itx obvious dat what we nid in Nigeria is not change but revolution. We need sm1 lyk Jerry Rawlings of Ghana who will take tinx personal n flush the entire bad eggs out of the system
GBAM
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Hearme(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
For speaking against Obasanjo, you are no longer a mad professor. We are sorry for abusing you undecided undecided

He has never been a pal of OBJ. Rumours have it that he denied OBJ been the UN Sec General in place of Kofi Anann.
Ogun state people have never loved OBJ. They keep hating him because the more they try to pull him down the more he succeeds.
As a matter of fact, he happen to be their most successful son in Nigeria.

Why did the Prof. not talk when Abdusalami and IBB where visited. It just shows his bitterness with OBJ's person.
The struggle for who is who in Yourubaland is very tense and full of demonic influeces anyway.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by mankand(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
When Nigerians are ready to do the right thing, then you will get the right result. Stop doing the wrong thing and expect a right result

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by masseratti: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thank goodness someone with dignity,honour and brain finally speaks out.
Its not too late for APC to make a u turn,have ideology,they should tell us their stance on true federalism,boko haram,how they intend to tackle corruption,develop power,industries etc and leave Gej alone with his PDP,
PDP has failed Nigerians nothing is going on even in south south,that place should have being a construction battle ground employing all the militant youths in that area.
Obj is not loved by his people,they hate him with passion,they throw stones at him,he lost relevance in politics when he lost control of the house of assembly,the only institution he could use to put Gej in check,Gej and tinubu upstaged him in his game.

Btw Tinubu is the maestro of politics of our time,you can never guess his next move....going to meet Obj might be at this time to me is like a game of chess,sacrifice a bishop let the opposition make a wrong move and take the queen.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Samunique(m): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
mikael78: The God of ASUU finally answered my prayers.....2nd is not too bad nah...btwn our MAD prof is becoming normal! Nd ya-all that. Are quoTing me...na space I book....

When next I come to this world...- I no go branch nigeria I swear!!
Funny ya !
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by drnoel: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
.:
Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka yesterday faulted the visit of All Progressives Congress, APC, leaders to former President Olusegun Obasanjo last Saturday warning that Nigeria was heading for a shipwreck with such political romance.

In his statement, titled: “Shipwreck Ahead”, Professor Soyinka cautioned that Nigeria would need rescue operations if the APC intends to court Obasanjo to serve as a navigator for the ship of the state.

According to Soyinka’s short statement, “an APC-led group, we understand, has been paying courtesy visits to former Heads of States. Would it be correct to state that their purpose is captured in the following Mission Statement? ‘Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,’ he said.”

Soyinka, then added: “If this attribution is correct, may I urge you, as an urgent public service, to advise families to begin the stockpiling of life-belts for the guaranteed crash. Don’t forget to alert the coastguards—ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), AU (African Union), UNO (United Nations Organization) etc, to be on the alert for possible salvage operations. “If General Sani Abacha were alive today, would he also have been on the ship’s complement? As Captain perhaps?”Soyinka asked.

hehehehe, I am impressed for the very first time with this man. Say it as it is.....Nigerians who believe APC is there to save Nigeria are going to fall on their noses. Then with OBJ as their navigator, its going to be a catastrophy waiting to happen. A catastrophy that would blow up in their faces. A pat on the shoulder for Prof Wole Soyinka..
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by masseratti: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hearme:

He has never been a pal of OBJ. Rumours have it that he denied OBJ been the UN Sec General in place of Kofi Anann.
Ogun state people have never loved OBJ. They keep hating him because the more they try to pull him down the more he succeeds.
As a matter of fact, he happen to be their most successful son in Nigeria.

Why did the Prof. not talk when Abdusalami and IBB where visited. It just shows his bitterness with OBJ's person.
The struggle for who is who in Yourubaland is very tense and full of demonic influeces anyway.
demonic ko angelic ni,he is the ,most hated Yoruba in yoruba land not just ovum state,another bashorun Ga.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by gerald09(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Gistben: Mmmmm, naija, God safe us from the hands of these wicked men. Amen
U do know God has giving us power to save ourselves, we sit here shakin cos APC n OBJ hug. Its time to stare d ship our way. We shuld not allow few men decide how dis country will be come 2015. For a country dat prays a lot una to fear. Its time for courage I don give a damn if APC hug devil, or PDP kiss am, that war will be brought to all of them. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by EzePromoe: 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Gorrbachev:

You Putrid filth, he was a "cultist" and "Bad man" when he called your madame shepopo/peace out for meddling in politics. Now you like the way he thinks.
Yes, it is expected of him as a professor to observe decorum (by not calling the first lady names)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose / Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act / "Buhari’s Return In 2019 Will End In Tragedy" - Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.