Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,154 members, 7,852,938 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33095 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by xtascy: 11:02am On Dec 25, 2013
wu is even saying the truth about christ! Jesus don sofa o!!! crywu is even saying the truth about christ! Jesus don sofa o!!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by gagzee(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2013
like my secondary sch geography athest teacher wud say...xmas was originally meant 4 a greek god...so i gues kumiyi has a point cos d origin is faulty...juz ma totz anyways...
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by debbleopto: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2013
Eyideejay: the pastor was only talking to WE the members of the church, not to the catholics or other denominations. he didnt say it because of the date but rather because of the way it was brought up. i was ignorant of this b4 as well. i dont know why ppl meddle into other pple's affair. WHY XMAS SHOULDN'T BE CELEBRATED: http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

I have known this since 1991. Since that time I no longer have interest in Christmas Carol. I expect only Catholics to defend this their doctrine. If pastor kumuyi had supported Christmas I would entirely disagree with him. I have perception when something is falsehood. If I am enjoying reading a Christian literature and I see error, the whole book will be irritating to me. I don't like being deceived.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 25, 2013
gagzee: like my secondary sch geography athest teacher wud say...xmas was originally meant 4 a greek god...so i gues kumiyi has a point cos d origin is faulty...juz ma totz anyways...
Most geography teachers are atheist. Mind you, christmas is not meant for greek god. Stop saying what you don't know. Ostara festival on 25th is meant for greek god not christmas.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
Even the bible abhors christmas but most christians will pretend the verse doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mvem(m): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
Chartey: After reading the kind of comments coming from the pro-Christmas people on this thread, I'm seriously wondering whether most of them really know what it means to have Christ.
....Oya saint Chartey tell us...abi na only u wey get christ, na only u wey get free ticket to heaven....Self righteousness go kill many people
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mvem(m): 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
solomon111: lol.
Kumuyi has more indept knowledge of the scripture,humility and grace than all the catholic popes combined.
Instead of them to humble themselves and learn from kumuyi,they resort to personality-attack.
No matter how old a lie has been in existence,it will not suddenly become the truth.
...That kumuiyi has better knowledge than all popes combine is it what you are saying...and also living faith, anglican, mountain of fire.e.t.c ....dat also celebrate chritsmas are foolish too...Thats fine, same church were members wey no dey watch T.V before, same kumiyi.....So u have indirectly passed judgement and insulted good people.....

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold: Even the bible abhors christmas but most christians will pretend the verse doesn't exist

That quote is anti Nigerian culture.

the bible must be banned from Nigeria.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mvem(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
solomon111: Look at the catholics on thread bragging about their population.
They forget that Broad is the way that leads to damnation.
The fact that catholicism is the biggest dosen't validates the sect,afterall islam has over a billion adherents.
God is interested in quality not quantity.
Only eight people survived the flood in Noah's time.
No matter how old a lie is,it dosen't suddenly becomes the truth.
.......So what are u saying about muslim...Guy you are a christain cos ur parents are christains....pleaseee what do you mean about the muslims?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold: Even the bible abhors christmas but most christians will pretend the verse doesn't exist
Abeg which verse?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
gagzee: like my secondary sch geography athest teacher wud say...xmas was originally meant 4 a greek god...so i gues kumiyi has a point cos d origin is faulty...juz ma totz anyways...
Pls pple should keep this history of christmas to themselves. If I wanted to know history I can also browse through Wikipedia. The fact that something's origin is not Ideal doesn't make it irrelevant. The apostles were first called 'christians' as an act of mockery by 'pagans' in Antioch. Today believers use the word to proclaim their identity. Is this act also 'Idolatrous and unscriptural'? If you have an argument against the motive behind the celebration, we would listen. But if you want to harp on about the origin, keep your opinion private, no one cares.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
TeNDuLKaaY:
Pls pple should keep this history of christmas to themselves. If I wanted to know history I can also browse through Wikipedia. The fact that something's origin is not Ideal doesn't make it irrelevant. The apostles were first called 'christians' as an act of mockery by 'pagans' in Antioch. Today believers use the word to proclaim their identity. Is this act also 'Idolatrous and unscriptural'? If you have an argument against the motive behind the celebration, we would listen. But if you want to harp on about the origin, keep your opinion private, no one cares.

'Pagan' was also used by christians as mockery of Traditionalists.

Today we use it to proclaim our identity.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mvem(m): 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
nnachichi: People abandon what Christ instructs us to do and put so much energy in2 what He didnt ask. I notice dat some people dont bother following biblical injunctions,true xtians are to seek bible truths and follow them strictly without adding or removing anything!
...The bible that was packaged and given to you....The bible is the collection of scriptures or books..The early Church chose the scriptures they deem right and put in the bible and discarded d others....Do you think they were only 4 gospel....there was gospel according to Judas but it was discarded because it was seen as a gnostic book or forged book and somany other gospel....You christains dont even know the history of the bible...You think the bible was ready-made,you dont know it took years to compile the scriptures and packaged it into the bible which was done by the early church....and dont misquote me, i dont mean the early church wrote the bible.....Many books even went missing or hidden till today....did your bible tell you this?....the old testament was written in aramaic and hebrew, while the new testament in greek...Early bible scholars and interpreters had problem intepreting this languages cos some dont even have direct english, german,french e.t.c...meaning or translation..e.g...King James was one of the first english translation, done by the church in england then. Did ur bible tell u?...Even ur bible might have errors because it was interpreted by man.....The white man came with a religion call christainity,and now we carry it on our head...Look at christainity in africa and nigeria..with all our born againess and ITK about christ d continent and nigeria is cursed....year upon year new churches are founded but indecency,crimes and every thing bad still increase year upon year.....We nigerians why do religion confuse us.....Thats why the early church now called Catholic church never wanted the bible to be interpreted to different languages cos we will mix our tradition plus the christainity.....d early church wanted to do the right thing....Now we have christains fighting becos mrA pastor say something else from mrB pastor....Protestants!!no wonder they were called protestants, you people keep on protesting...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
dude! There's nothing there! Must you tell lies to get likes? Smh sha.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: dude! There's nothing there! Must you tell lies to get likes? Smh sha.
Keep deceiving yourself.Isn't it funny it takes an atheist to lecture you on what you should already know?Smh for these folks

Jeremiah 10
King James Version (KJV)
10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Jeremiah 10:2-4
English Standard Version (ESV)
2 Thus says the Lord:

“Learn not the way of the nations,
nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens
because the nations are dismayed at them,
3 for the customs of the peoples are vanity.[a]
A tree from the forest is cut down
and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so that it cannot move.

Have you even bothered to ask yourself 'what exactly is the essence of the fir tree to the celebration of your Jesus?' You folks are just too ignorant for your own good
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
TeNDuLKaaY:
Abeg which verse?

See am here

FrancisTony: dude! There's nothing there! Must you tell lies to get likes? Smh sha.
Keep deceiving yourself.Isn't it funny it takes an atheist to lecture you on what you should already know?Smh for these folks

Jeremiah 10
King James Version (KJV)

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

2 Thus says the Lord:

so that it cannot move.

Have you even bothered to ask yourself 'what exactly is the essence of the fir tree to the celebration of your Jesus?' You folks are just too ignorant for your own good
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:

See am here

Jeremiah 10
King James Version (KJV)

2 Thus says the Lord:

so that it cannot move.

Have you even bothered to ask yourself 'what exactly is the essence of the fir tree to the celebration of your Jesus?' You folks are just too ignorant for your
Okay this is the height of ignorance; stop twisting the words of the bible to support anything you claim is right. There is nothing suggesting 'DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS' in the above passage. The whole chapter speaks against the worship of man made crafts/Idols and exults Yahweh as the true God. I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion it is against celebrating christmas. Even if we are to go by your analysis, the chapter condems trees not celebration. Seek help when interpreting scriptures. 2nd Peter 1:20
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
TeNDuLKaaY:
Okay this is the height of ignorance; stop twisting the words of the bible to support anything you claim is right. There is nothing suggesting 'DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS' in the above passage. The whole chapter speaks against the worship of man made crafts/Idols and exults Yahweh as the true God. I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion it is against celebrating christmas. Even if we are to go by your analysis, the chapter condems trees not celebration. Seek help when interpreting scriptures.

Of course,the bible is always subject to whatever interpretation you deem convenient.And as usual,your own interpretation is always the right one...sigh..christians sha
Btw,you still haven't told me the significance of the so called christmas tree to the birth of your Jesus.What is the correlation?I noticed you craftily evaded that part of my question
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:

Jeremiah 10
King James Version (KJV)

2 Thus says the Lord:

so that it cannot move.

sharap! It wasn't referring to christmas tree. You're dumb! It was referring to your atheist god.
Jeremiah 10 :5
Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do harm nor can they do any good
dude u're too dumb. Is christmas tree scary??!!! Stop reading half of a bible chapter before concluding. Just smh
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:

Of course,the bible is always subject to whatever interpretation you deem convenient.And as usual,your own interpretation is always the right one...sigh..christians sha
Btw,you still haven't told me the significance of the so called christmas tree to the birth of your Jesus.What is the correlation?I noticed you craftily evaded that part of my question
I didn't just come up with a random interpretation, you're the one who took the verse out of context. Just read the whole chapter.
As much as I know the christmas tree isn't a core christain doctrine, but a tradition of Europeans to make the yultide special. It is not even widespread; I am sure most Nigerians celebrated without the tree.
I don't run from questions, I only share as much knowledge as I have.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
Plz, i need a quick reply, whats is the meaning of dis abbreviation, 'smh' ?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: sharap! It wasn't referring to christmas tree. You're dumb! It was referring to your atheist god.
Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do harm nor can they do any good
dude u're too dumb. Is christmas tree scary??!!! Stop reading half of a bible chapter before concluding. Just smh
At least Tendulkay was honest enough to admit the christmas tree has no correlation with the birth of Jesus. You on the other hand,like a typical christian when boxed into a corner resort to insults. Who cares whether the tree is scary or not? The crux of the issue is of what significance is it in the scheme of things
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:
At least Tendulkay was honest enough to admit the christmas tree has no correlation with the birth of Jesus. You on the other hand,like a typical christian when boxed into a corner resorts to insults. Who cares whether the tree is scary or not? The crux of the issue is of what significance is it in the scheme of things
you have lost it already. Bye!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: you have lost it already. Bye!!
You can't explain it. It's ok,i get that all the time. After all,It's my job to put religious folks like you in their place. Sooner or later,they run with their tail between their legs
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Roon9(m): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!

U dat cn tink outsyd d box, if dis is wat u figured out then u r a retard personified. Hav u bothered to read kumuyis comment! Bastard!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:
You can't explain it. It's ok,i get that all the time. After all,It's my job to put religious folks like you in their place. Sooner or later,they run with their tail between their legs
grin grin grin
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Roon9:

U dat cn tink outsyd d box, if dis is wat u figured out then u r a r.etard personified. Hav u bothered to read kumuyis comment! Bastard!
smh! Must you abuse?? Mr. Faraday ain't a christian but kumuyi is using electricity. Only God knows how they made electricity. But to me, it seems idolatory even the car Mr. Kumuyi cruises with around the world. grin grin grin angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by candor4(f): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
Must u respond 2 everything................ignore pple n move ahead..................
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Dondave11: Plz, i need a quick reply, whats is the meaning of dis abbreviation, 'smh' ?
google is my friend.
shaking my head

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: smh! Must you abuse?? Mr. Faraday ain't a christian but kumuyi is using electricity. Only God knows how they made electricity. But to me, it seems idolatory even the car Mr. Kumuyi cruises with around the world. grin grin grin angry angry angry
Another senseless post.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: smh! Must you abuse?? Mr. Faraday ain't a christian but kumuyi is using electricity. Only God knows how they made electricity. But to me, it seems idolatory even the car Mr. Kumuyi cruises with around the world. grin grin grin angry angry angry
For the record,i 'liked' your comment. Funny i did that because a couple of minutes ago you were like...
FrancisTony: sharap! It wasn't referring to christmas tree. You're dumb! It was referring to your atheist god.
Some food for thought. When i was still a Christian,there was a verse that always stood out for me..'let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works'. This should be the cardinal principle of every Christian. Why should i be the one teaching folks these things? I don taya sef

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
emmahoney: Sorry, I know that your Adrenalin must have reacted like exothermic reaction before you could type this your shallow comment!! For your info, if you add or remove from the scripture, you know the punishment!! If you follow the tradition of man, you know the punishment as well. Narrow is the way, only few knows it, because many as celebrating xmas does not make it right. You can continue supporting it with more fallacious, unscriptural doctrine of man, it doesn't make it right. Seat down and stop following the crowd, the road it narrow. For your info, I'm not telling you to accept the fact, it is very bitter. Everybody is entitle to his/her opinion is not applicable to the scripture!! Because it goes beyond human reasoning. Th e scripture is complete. I rest my case

REALLY REALLY REALLY
WELL USING GRAMMAR U DNT UNDERSTND IS NT D POINT.
DECEIVING URSLF IS ANODA U V JST SUCCEDED DOING.
U BETTA REST UR CASE CS U DNT MK SENSE.
STILL U GOT LOW TYPIN MEMORY
D SEASON IS FUN YOUNG MAN.
MA SAVIOUR IS BORN ND AM MARKING IT 2DY.
MERRY XMASS
U BETA REST UR CASE R HANG URSELF BRO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Pastor Adeboye's Message To The "Amen" Crew On Facebook / 2-year-Old Girl Preaching At Christ Embassy In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.