Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders (25214 Views)

President Jonathan's Response After Card Reader Failure / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders / Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Youngtekkey: What's is it with all this Jonathan applauds,reading that stupid letter from Jonathan makes me confirm that he is too dull,no specific answer was given to the allegations,just bushing around the corner yet some fools/moroons are still applauding him
look at dis Goatee,,just announce to us -!RESTORE POWER TO THE NORTH! as it was lost during Late Yaradua regime, I think we wil understand better

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Kponkwem(m): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
ilugunboy: Am with the NEF on this....even though I've had cause to disagree most often with their approach to regaining power

I know the same suspects will come soon to pour invectives at NEF...

See your contradictions. You disagree with your approach in regaining power yet you feel only an hausaman can take Nigeria to the promised land?

Cowardice and inferiority complex leads to slavery. Smh..

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Btruth: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
O ga oooo. All this wahala was because Ameechi did not agree with Mr President. Now, Mr President is so much afraid and he has lost focus & the grip on the nation's economy. Instead, he is replying his godfather after he had been scold.

We are watching the season film sha.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by mrrock: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
Honestly, I was disappointed by Jonathan's reply but not in the sense of what the northern elders are saying. Rather, in the sense that it was very soft. It wasn't punchy enough. Jonathan should have bare it all instead of appearing as a junior staff writing to a senior.
The cat is out of the bag!. Anybody who know Jonathan should tell him incase he still don't get it. He seems to be politically very slow, whereas Obasanjo is fast and have shown signals he wouldn't be backing him come 2015 so he should strike him where it hurt, if necessary. Because if such opportunity comes obasanjo's way he will surely use it to maximum

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by mycoldsweat: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
i don't even care to read what this bunch are saying but i want them to tell me what IBB one of their own have to say abt 9ja and GEJ, must they wait 4 others to speak their mind.

www.naij.com[/quote]
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by chairman: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
Jonathan has dug his political grave with that Okukpe letter! This I know shocked
it is a pity you don't have a mind of your own, think, think and open your eyes and see the truth, they are laughing at ppl like you, but you will not know until it is too late

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by chairman: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
Jonathan has dug his political grave with that Okukpe letter! This I know shocked
and so you know nothing
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Billygee2u: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Northern thieves and OBJ,do you think this great country belongs to you.Then you have a lot of thinking to do.History already put you in your proper place.You were the one that started large scale corruption in this country.2.8 Billion Naira went missing when you were the Military head of state,Naira then had more value than the British Pounds and the US Dollars,an Aircraft carrying an unspecified amount of Naira was intercepted at the Kampala Airport when you were Military head of State,the money was never returned.I am not talking about the Billions of Naira you wasted in hosting FESTAC,a misplace priority by every yardstick of classification.My late father attended University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).He told me when he was in school there was nothing like Tuition fees,they eat at the school cafeteria three times in a day for free,there was nothing like accommodation fees then,there was nothing like ASUU strike then.He told me it was like that in all the Federal Universities in Nigeria.Like my late father I attended University of Nigeria Nsukka,but unlike my late father I had to pay Tuition fees,I had to pay for the food I eat at the school cafeteria,I had to pay for accommodation fees.It was under you as a Military head of state that all these things were introduced in our Federal Universities,your Man Friday,Ali was the Minister of Education then.That was when you destroyed our once envious universities.People used to come from other parts of Africa to attend our Universities,now we go to other countries to attend their Universities.History will judge you.You had another 8 years to make thing right as a democratically elected President and what did you do?,nothing.You should hide your head in shame.A man that slept with his daughter in law should hide his face in shame instead of coming out to act like Nigeria belongs to you.You must reply that letter or you shut your ugly mouth forever,you unrepentant coup plotter.You want to plot another coup,we are waiting for you.You will certainly get more than you bargained for this time around.
FROM A CONCERNED NIGERIAN

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by cyril10(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ilunguboy and Berem will always agree to the rubbish that comes from this evil northern youths(elders) as long as it has to do with Jonathan, talk of biased minds.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ketoprofen(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
ilugunboy: Am with the NEF on this....even though I've had cause to disagree most often with their approach to regaining power

I know the same suspects will come soon to pour invectives at NEF...

u disagree with wetin?
the idea of the write up is the thing u are disagreeing with.
the latter was the reason for the up
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by obeski13(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
In d first instance, there is nothing to respond to.all what obj wrote in d letter were lies frm d pit of hell...d northern elders are nothing but perchers and parasites.i wondered whether those who are as disillusional as obj in condemning gej ever took time to read d whole letter as written by obj.of particular reference is d part where obj said that dis may be THE LAST CHANCE OF THE MINORITY TO GOVERN AGAIN..i am a yoruba man.if we allow gej to be stampeded out, dis country may be doomed for ever.i am not a supporter of pdp, but i support gej not becos he is perfoming well,but i see him as a shift frm d old order.gej stands btw d old order represented by d; northern oligachy;obj; and others who av milked dis country dry,and d new generation coming.gej represents d paradigm shift we needed to break away frm d very corruptible order.but it is a shame that a lot of people are blind to d motive of obj and his gang.d sole aim of dis group is that they are afraid that by d time jonathan finished his 2nd tenure in office,he would av completely take away nigeria frm their hand.dis is what they are fighting for.if obj so much cared abt d economy and other issues he raised, why didnt he fixed them when he ruled for 11years.nigeria soul is at stake here.d struggle is not abt pdp and apc,it is abt d soul of nigeria.i urge us all to shun primordial sentiments, ethnic and religious bias and team up with well meaning nigerians to rescue nigeria frm d hands of wolves who are afraid that their hegemony is about to be dethroned

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Northerners! Northerners!! Northerners!!!

Can someone please remind me how many years the North ruled our beloved country Nigeria?

And we are still here....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
I just de laf 4 Swahili. These old corrupt fools dont know that GEJ is a bait. If GEJ is intimidated out of office, Naija Delta will raise hell on this country. Im just observing

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by muktarmtt(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
churchmind: OBJ n GEJ r walking n cruising on d psych of our old cargo northern bunch of expired so call elders ,hence,the more L8-):ok they d less they will see b4 u know 2019 wit GEJ has come n gone
wake up is 8am in d mrng bro
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by joseph1832(m): 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
GEJ's reply is as shallow as his administration... In my opinion he should have kept quite instead of this shallow response. See how he openly ignored the key areas in OBJ's letter. Just like he's been ignoring his number one responsibility....
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by muktarmtt(m): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
nathandrake: Dear santa, my only request is for you to pack all this foolish fool destorying this country and go dump dem for kosovo
Abeg see dis dummy Christian he don't even knw Santa is not real lol
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by hobat4cash(m): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
Youngtekkey: What's is it with all this Jonathan applauds,reading that stupid letter from Jonathan makes me confirm that he is too dull,no specific answer was given to the allegations,just bushing around the corner yet some fools/moroons are still applauding him

what specific answers are you looking for? pray tell. So unless he says yes to the allegations, then that to you will mean he has answered the questions, right? Gej replied by denying those allegations, now it incumbent on Obj to prove him wrong by giving evidence(s) to those allegations, especially the issue of snipers.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by adbokus(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
If Mr. President has done everything wrong thus far, it's nt da position of some sanctimonious hegemonic northern group to say so! Maybe we could all condone Obasanjo for his own outcry but most definiteli not da north! The idiot couldn't even respect that position by addressing him as Mr. President..that's a matter for another day.. I wonder what these northern pests and parasites think we(the other tribes) are! Dimwits or something.. They sat on position of highest authority for close to 4 decades causing monumental and irreparable damage to this nation while at it and here they come now acting as though they left something of a great legacy. God punish u all over there! President Jonathan definiteli needs to be properly guided in order to take us to the promise land but i never wanna any northern puke coming forward with as little as a sentence on that.. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!#WA__BIA#

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by gogodaye(m): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
I simply cannot be all the more happier at the turn political events seem to be taking these days. Old sworn enemies all coming together, aligning & strategizing along strange political divides. And now this, spent, deaf & dumb elders from the North miraculously finding their lost voices.
I would appreciate their channelling this new found resource towards agitating for more enrolment of children in schools, wide acceptance of immunization/vaccinations, abrupt end to early girl child marriage..
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by akpanbaba: 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
PROF ANGO ABDULAHI has no moral justification to comment on this administration because he was a disaster at ABU as a VC.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ejim4christ(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]I was xpecting to hear this
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kponkwem:

See your contradictions. You disagree with your approach in regaining power yet you feel only an hausaman can take Nigeria to the promised land?

Cowardice and inferiority complex leads to slavery. Smh..

It's either you are ignorant or you lack basic comprehension.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
ketoprofen:

u disagree with wetin?
the idea of the write up is the thing u are disagreeing with.
the latter was the reason for the up

To me...a state of the nation address would have done GEJ more good....where he tells the nation where we were coming from...where we are and where he intends taking the nation.

The response was shallow and very disappointing to highly discerning observers.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by RedEboe(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
hobat4cash:

what specific answers are you looking for? pray tell. So unless he says yes to the allegations, then that to you will mean he has answered the questions, right? Gej replied by denying those allegations, now it incumbent on Obj to prove him wrong by giving evidence(s) to those allegations, especially the issue of snipers.

[size=13pt]Dont mind the demented mallams,all they wanted to hear GEJ say was:

"Fellow Nigerians,everything Obasanjo said in his letter about me is true.
I hereby renounce my 2015 re-election plans!"

THUNDER FIRE THEIR BIAH BIAH![/size]
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by chi4ik(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Demdem: Only fools will expect much from Jonathan.
We all should remember that he is naturally daft by default.
A letter emanating from him or office can't be an exception.
I expect these northern leaders to know this by now.
and U ar d president of daft men association in d world. Akwuya......
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by patriotic007: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why wont GEJ's response be shallow?....Since your people ruined this nation for decades it was never shallow,...This born to rule mentallity must stop,...If the north is not leading then its a failure?,....for the record purpose GEJ is the only president since independence that has tried to remove the northern children from ignorance by using education as a tool,.....200 alimajiri schools and 6 new federal university for the north alone is not a joke,....yet they hate him so much,...they prefer ignorance and surfering as long as its their person in aso rock,...SMH
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ooshinibos: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Nigerian can speak English sha ....looking at the perfect grammatical construction in the letter from Obasanjo , Jonathan and the rest ..i bets that the only thing we are good at .Period ... IF I HAVE THE POWER TO SHUTDOWN NIGERIA AND RESTART OR REBUILD IT , I WILL NOT HESITATE OR PRAY ; i will press the shut down button ... Nigerian is a disgrace to the black race , i hear this
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by chi4ik(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Who even need their concept? Y didn't they attack OBJ? People that governed this Country for 36 years with any significant development. The problem we ar facing in Nigeria 2day was propounded by d Northerners........
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by DaJulee(f): 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
[quote author=berem]
assumption of duty.
Moreover, Abdullahi claimed that Jonathan should sum up
courage as the current leader to address the germane
issues raised in the letter so that the country could move
forward.

Another Shallow speech By Nothern Elders Forum...

Is This The Encouragement They As Eleders Should Give To The Youth And The Country At Large? Do They Want Us To Believe That There Is No Significant Foward Movement? Are They So Illitratic That They Cannot Read Between Lines? Or Is This Part Of The Political Sentiment?? So Disappointing Notheren Elders In The Other Hand.........It Is Well Anyway..
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
How can a group of people whose region has the highest illiteracy rate, low in every educational qualification could comprehend what a highly educated intellectual wrote?

How many northerners as president we had in the past is even a graduate. I think even if Prophet Mohamed has responded on President Jonathan behalf, they will still fault his defence.

President Jonathan's letter addressed all the key issues raised by Obasanjo in a very livid but concise manner. The transformation train is moving across all geo-political zones and these group should just shut up and allow democratic governance enthroned in all facet of our economic endeavour as a nation.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Uziehot(m): 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
oluakadinma: All those Questions asked by NEF should be directed to all the northern heads of state that contributed to this mess we are now.

The worst that can happen to this country is intimidating GEJ out of power come 2015, then you would understand the real sabotage! The whole south south will be on fire and the effect oN the economy will be well pronounced!

Since una No wan give this man rest, no problem! One good turn deserves another. We are watching.
u talk assive u can dare a ant,pls,u guys in d south wil only kill urselves. Watch and c wat wil happen. U guys frm dat side of d country talk tough,wen d time comes,d diff wil b made clear. A.s.s'holes.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by RedEboe(m): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
In other news:
Vote for your Igbo Governor of the year 2013.
LIKE http:///1huh7lq and Vote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Dumo Lulu-Briggs' Governorship Candidacy / "We Are Able To Kill 700 Boko Haram, They Were Running Away" - Nigerian Soldiers / Nigerian Embassy Calls Rebecca Sharibu Story In The US Falsehood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.