Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders (25366 Views)

President Jonathan's Response After Card Reader Failure / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders / Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Gaskia: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
I have been a GEJ critic, but if OBJ and IBB are opposed to GEJ, am beginning to feel that GEJ is getting it right. Evil can only hate what is good.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Baron75: 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, thanks for accepting that Jonathan is useless.
GEJ is not daft, he is purely civil and that is how a democratic leader should be, allowing criticisms and finding civilized solution to insurgency without violating people's right to life. What OBJ did in Odi, Bayalsa state is barbaric, rascally and rash, devoid of reason and respect for human life. I don't know when Nigerians will become sane in their thinking. An American president cannot come close to taking the life of the smallest American. But here, we clamor for someone who will rule us with iron hand and scorpion. If we find him, God forbid, we will turn around and start crying. We Nigerians are always Gd at making bad choices. Our choices of Tafawa Belewa against Nnamdi Azikiwe, Shagari against Awolowo, and Obasanjo against Alex Ekwueme are all baffling, and we have seen where these choices led us to. If we continue to make such choices, we will never stand up as a nation.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by funkei: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Baron75:
GEJ is not daft, he is purely civil and that is how a democratic leader should be, allowing criticisms and finding civilized solution to insurgency without violating people's right to life. What OBJ did in Odi, Bayalsa state is barbaric, rascally and rash, devoid of reason and respect for human life. I don't know when Nigerians will become sane in their thinking. An American president cannot come close to taking the life of the smallest American. But here, we clamor for someone who will rule us with iron hand and scorpion. If we find him, God forbid, we will turn around and start crying. We Nigerians are always Gd at making bad choices. Our choices of Tafawa Belewa against Nnamdi Azikiwe, Shagari against Awolowo, and Obasanjo against Alex Ekwueme are all baffling, and we have seen where these choices led us to. If we continue to make such choices, we will never stand up as a nation.
Perhaps the best of all responses. We seem to forgotten so soon the frequent fuel scarcity especially during such festive period. Never in the history of this country have we had such high level of democratic freedom and ironically no political assassinations. The press fredom is unprecedented. Have we also forgotten the terrible stat state of our trunk roads Benin Ore and Abuja Lokoja no more traffic gridlock in such a period. The airports have improved tremendously as against many years back when our Lagos Airport was described as among the worst in the World. What about the so much in the Agriculture sector that is been aplauded outside. The power sector changes are purpose driven with hopefully improved results. There are 9 new Fed. Universities.

It appears a lot of prejudice against GEJ to frustrate his govt. to thwart any ambition for 2015. I have my grouse against GEJ as not been assertive enough and more dynamic leadership. In spite of all the challenges the progress is gradually noticable. There are more jaundiced critisism than constructive.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by patriotic007: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
callmenow: You give the clearest impression that this is a game. Some people come here to get some objective view about their experience. Each time I curse some one without provocation, I am diminished. It gives me away as frustrated, bitter, twisted and a reprobate. Consider other people as fellow debaters on the rights and wrongs of a failed state, which is not necessarily Jonathans doing. Assuming Jonathan decides to stand down in PDP. Who from the North should be supported. Please the eboes in the house who are clamouring for their turn, I support OBJ view that it is the North's turn, on the basis that the South has now been in power for 11 years of the 14 years of the fourth republic. I don't like the way he is going about though. He wants to be seen as having forced Jonathan to hand it over to the north. Our saviour. We can fight our fight, Thank you. It is not fair and just for this situation to continue. The north are frustrated that they are marginalised. Regardless of your view of OBJ, he is a southerner. We just want someone from the north. We also have doctorates, etc amongst other things. Please don't mention Mark or Tambuwal. They are so corrupt.

You are very civil in your comment and i respect that,...but wont it be harsh to rob peter to pay paul?,...the SS has been producing the wealth of this nation for yrs but never tasted power and this might be their only chance,.... why not allow GEJ complete his two terms then hand it over to the north?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by AnanseK(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Baron75:

If we made the choices you were suggesting, Nigeria would not have taken off at all. It would have been like the southern Sudan of today. Just look at how the choice of GEJ has dragged us 50 years back in history.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Baron75:

When did we had the choice to choose between OBJ and Ekwueme? undecided
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by abbeysteph: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wat does religion got 2 do wit ds?dis useless n senseless muslim na wa 4 u oooooooo
muktar mtt: Abeg see dis dummy Christian he don't even knw Santa is not real lol
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Kennyfancy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
who b dos stupid northernerns

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ukandi1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, Jonathan is currently my president because of eediots like u who were swayed by his useless no shoes story.
U are right to say that even at his useless state, Jonathan is miles ahead of ur father. U are really doomed but eh, that's none of our business here.

u are a confirmed nitwit and a demented fellow. Ur bitterness would undo u. . U think u can come online and expose how ill cultured u are abi? Fool.. Go and slaughter urself.. D poison inside u has shown u cannot be a blessing even to ur family, how much more Nigeria..
Go and die joor....!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by AnanseK(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
ukandi1:

u are a confirmed nitwit and a demented fellow. Ur bitterness would undo u. . U think u can come online and expose how ill cultured u are abi? Fool.. Go and slaughter urself.. D poison inside u has shown u cannot be a blessing even to ur family, how much more Nigeria..
Go and die joor....!

Demdem is right . You guys hate the truth. GEJ is a disaster. We had the most tragic 3 years of Nigeria's existence since the war. May we have the end of this cluelessness very very soon. Amen.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Xfactoria: 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
AnanseK:

If we made the choices you were suggesting, Nigeria would not have taken off at all. It would have been like the southern Sudan of today. Just look at how the choice of GEJ has dragged us 50 years back in history.

The part in bold is ingenuous. I have my reservations about GEJ too but he didn't drag us back 50 years. Whatever problem we blame GEJ for, he didn't create them. We are just not satisfied at the pace at which he is addressing them but even that (i mean his achievements) compared to some other administrations is a huge step forward. Like somebody mentioned earlier, this guy has not killed anybody, nobody is on asylum, journalists write all they can, people spew thrash all they can and they still have their lives. This is about the only administration to condone all that since I was born 33 years ago.

National development is the responsibility of all but it seems that in Nigeria, the government has to be the one to provide everything, including helping people get married...lol!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by sleekp1: 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Born to rule mentality written all over Ango's reply.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by emsheddy(m): 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
omenka:

Apparently, you are either just a kid or an elderly stark illiterate.
am sure ur stupidity cant be rivalled any day any time. Bloody idiot. You guys cant kill Gej. If u like criticize from now till ur death. Mumu
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by naijaking1: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
So, what's really news here? That Ango, ciroma, ibb don't like Gej? Guys be real.
Im sure BH is also disappointed.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Rexyl(m): 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
Going by the contents of the letters + replies + reactions... Without mincing word these elders make us know better that our problem is not only about bad leaders but it is mainly about hypocrisy. We have found it so difficult to draw a clear line between allegation with suitable evidence, adequate defence and hypocrisy. Are these elders not guilty in one or two aspects? we should stop fooling ourselves.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Tonylyte(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
patriotic007: You are very civil in your comment and i respect that,...but wont it be harsh to rob peter to pay paul?,...the SS has been producing the wealth of this nation for yrs but never tasted power and this might be their only chance,.... why not allow GEJ complete his two terms then hand it over to the north?
bro, ths cnt b our only chance. The conference ahead wil solve everytin. We must rule again and again and again...who born dog?
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Oshodia: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Who is abusalahim? The one who looted all our money during his sall tenure 3.5 billion dollars . By the in his comment Nigeria had no problem during his tenure? So is now he discovered Nigeria have a problem? God will George him and his brothers like babangida. You people think Nigeria is a fulish ? Or we forgot during you administration?.

Thank God the youths are watching and believe they will come together agains you all divided Nigerian money to your personal account.
Now you and obasanjo have months to talk rubbish in Jonathan administration .
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Pinkybush: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
shidof: boyi, it's either ua still a kid or u knw notin abt nigeria, as far as nigeria is concerned. Ua still a minority. nxt tym, u beta do ur research wella
"big fool" wit a coco-nut head, I dnt blame u rather those old bunch of "good 4 nothing" idiots calling themselves elders
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Oshodia: 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
Fulish abusalahim why didn't you take Nigeria to another level during your administration?
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by teddywisdom: 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
In this NEF response to Gej's reply to Obasanjo shows a lot of hatred and anger and this will.make a right tinking nigerian to ask "why all these bitternes?
But honestly all these accusations and letters flying up and down has not concern for the betterment of our dear country at heart.
Compatriots, Nigeria as a nation has many problems ranging from lawlessness to the lack of good good governance, but in all these the mos cancerous of it all is tribalism and corruption that have eaten our
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by teddywisdom: 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
In this NEF response to Gej's reply to Obasanjo shows a lot of hatred and anger and this will.make a right tinking nigerian to ask "why all these bitternes?
But honestly all these accusations and letters flying up and down has not concern for the betterment of our dear country at heart.
Compatriots, Nigeria as a nation has many problems ranging from lawlessness to the lack of good good governance, but in all these the mos cancerous of it all is tribalism and corruption that have eaten our [b]In this NEF response to Gej's reply to Obasanjo shows a lot of hatred and anger and this will.make a right tinking nigerian to ask "why all these bitternes?
Compatriots, Nigeria as a nation has many problems ranging from lawlessness to the lack of good good governance, but in all these the mos cancerous of it all is tribalism and corruption that have eaten our [/b]In this NEF response to Gej's reply to Obasanjo shows a lot of hatred and anger and this will.make a right tinking nigerian to ask "why all these bitternes?
Compatriots, Nigeria as a nation has many problems ranging from lawlessness to the lack of good good governance, but in all these the mos cancerous of it all is tribalism and corruption that have eaten our
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by eddyj36(m): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Demdem: Only fools will expect much from Jonathan.
We all should remember that he is naturally daft by default.
A letter emanating from him or office can't be an exception.
I expect these northern leaders to know this by now.
You are nothing but an ill-mannered fool.. calling Mr president names dosnt change the fact that you and ur generations can never attain the height that Dr GEJ have.. your kind are those that sell their votes for ankara 750 and then suffer for years.. dumb a*ss!!!
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by nagoma(m): 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
X-factoria:

The part in bold is ingenuous. I have my reservations about GEJ too but he didn't drag us back 50 years. Whatever problem we blame GEJ for, he didn't create them. We are just not satisfied at the pace at which he is addressing them but even that (i mean his achievements) compared to some other administrations is a huge step forward. Like somebody mentioned earlier, this guy has not killed anybody, nobody is on asylum, journalists write all they can, people spew thrash all they can and they still have their lives. This is about the only administration to condone all that since I was born 33 years ago.
National development is the responsibility of all but it seems that in Nigeria, the government has to be the one to provide everything, including helping people get married...lol!

Yes OBJ killed but GEJ just watches while we all including soldiers and police just kill ourselves. No order no law. It's a free for all country. No body goes to jail. There is a President but he doesn't give a damn. That's what you mean?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by emsheddy(m): 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
i have taken pains to read all d comments. Anyone who knws dat demdem dude should kindly advice him. The dude is filled with too much hatred for gej. Guy, no go hang die oh if him win by 2015...
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by eddyj36(m): 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
AnanseK:

Demdem is right . You guys hate the truth. GEJ is a disaster. We had the most tragic 3 years of Nigeria's existence since the war. May we have the end of this cluelessness very very soon. Amen.
Abeg u for go comot am for power b4 2015 why wait?.. if i ask now..who do you tink will do better than what GEJ have done u go dey look like mumu!.. mtcheew!..
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by eddyj36(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
I am not surprised to see such a comment from so called Northern leaders.. they are nothing but backward fools and loosers.. they tink they can seize power in Nigeria forever.. this is democracy GEJ go contest 2015 and win convincingly.. person wey no like am..."GO AND DIE"...
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by HARDDON: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abdul wor?

aboki shut d f up!

who brought us into dis mess in d first place? was it Gej? u clown?

for how many years did d north hijack power? where did that leave us?

u all heat up d polity because for once, a non Northerner is ruling.

people like u shld be in d cave milling cows.

Dont know y Gej left his busy schedule to Ansa dat clown of a baboon called obasanjo!

come 2015, Gej all d way
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by FLYFIRE(m): 12:17am On Dec 25, 2013
Demdem: Only fools will expect much from Jonathan.
We all should remember that he is naturally daft by default.
A letter emanating from him or office can't be an exception.
I expect these northern leaders to know this by now.
You keep reminding me how S.TUPID Yorubas are.
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by seeprob(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, thanks for accepting that Jonathan is useless.

what is your problem? must you abuse people.......
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Itoroetti(m): 12:56am On Dec 25, 2013
ihimami:

I hope you do not wish to live in a state like Borno, if the whole of south south is on fire what happen to the people there?

We don't care.
For borno,no be people live for deh?
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ObiOkpor(m): 1:00am On Dec 25, 2013
lolade123:
Your use of english and level of reasoning shows you an UNEDUCATED LITERATE.
just "go and die"
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Gregzee: 2:37am On Dec 25, 2013
What are these Almajirins saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When I Become Governor, Oyo Bus Terminals Will Be Converted To Library - Teslim / I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola / IPOB Bullied Peter Obi,Chukwuemeka Nkem Ihedioha In A Public Event At Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.