Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,832 members, 7,866,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:49 PM

Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria (14152 Views)

2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Italiano1: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
[quote author=jmaine]

Concerning Fashola rating in Lagos, sentiments on ground shows, even though it is not conclusive unless a poll is conducted.

I asked for evidence and not sentiments, what you have just said is totally inconsequential and irrelevant! Why would you make a such a categorical statement such as-" Fashola second term rating has dropped among Lagosians" if you have no basis or evidence to make such a bold statement?

Ondo, what verifiable proof do i have than the fact that Fashola performance was referenced a lot and he(Fashola) also gave speeches to garner support for the ACN. But the ACN still came third after the PDP.

This is another example of obfuscation and a deliberate attempt at winning an argument by providing false information! This is what you said-

and the Ondo State electorates did not take the ACN Fashola referencing to heart.

A reason why the PDP even performed better than the ACN.

Can you provide any evidence to suggest that Fashola's involvement in the campaign led to PDP performing better than ACN?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

I am not conversant with the voting pattern and sentiments of other regions.

But, in SW, the president's response was not effective and the general notion is, Mr President was attacking the messenger and not the message.

OBJ has never been popular among the people of SW but he has enough seemingly credible contacts that can continue to spread propaganda against GEJ, in a subtle and effective manner.

The response just made OBJ to look like a hero. A victim of speaking the truth.

What general notion ? The calmness and concise nature of response was applauded by most people i interacted with.

And OBJ wasn't seen as a hero, but only surprised why he is fighting with his former political son.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

What general notion ? The calmness and concise nature of response was applauded by most people i interacted with.

And OBJ wasn't seen as a hero, but only surprised why he is fighting with his former political son.

Bro, you are out of tune .

Keep living the fresh air dream in Abuja and conjuring the reaction your mind wanted there.

If you want reality, I just gave you.

You are entitled to your opinion though. I'm not an APC member neither PDP but I can recognize good governance when I see one, as well as, a clueless one.

I can also recognize a political gaffe and political suicide, when I see one .

Fresh tornado on the way!!!
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Italiano1: I asked for evidence and not sentiments, what you have just said is totally inconsequential and irrelevant! Why would you make a such a categorical statement such as-" Fashola second term rating has dropped among Lagosians" if you have no basis or evidence to make such a bold statement?

It is expedient for you to know that over 80% of our debates have been centered around the pulse of the people and perceived sentiments.

It will be absurd to ask for proofs in such circumstances. You may want to extend your call of proofs to all debaters on this thread

It's easier for me to puncture or truncate my opponent by asking for proofs about every pronouncements, predictions and statement we are all making as we seek to predict potential happenings in 2015.

Can you provide any evidence to suggest that Fashola's involvement in the campaign led to PDP performing better than ACN?

If the demonized PDP could perform better than the ACN despite the vigorous campaign of Tinubu and regular references of Fashola Lagos performance. We don't need a sooth sayer to tell us what informed such trend.

Majority of Ondo electorates didn't buy the Tinubu or Fashola crap. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

If he wants to test Fashola's popularity, he should pair Fashola's dog against GEJ and Madam Peace in Lagos.

He will see the reality of what a lot of people are trying to tell him.

Bros, if you patronize posts tilting towards mundane tribal nonsense. I will call off our civil discussion.

The recent Lagos State LGA polls where the PDP had a strong showing but were rigged by the defunct ACN is a pointer.

It's easier for tribal warriors like Osunoriginal and co , staying far off to yell their lungs out without knowing what's tenable on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Bro, you are out of tune .

Keep living the fresh air dream in Abuja and conjuring the reaction your mind wanted there.

If you want reality, I just gave you.

You are entitled to your opinion though. I'm not an APC member neither PDP but I can recognize good governance when I see one, as well as, a clueless one.

I can also recognize a political gaffe and political suicide, when I see one .

Fresh tornado on the way!!!

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions. . .
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

Bros, if you patronize posts tilting towards mundane tribal nonsense. I will call off our civil discussion.

The recent Lagos State LGA polls where the PDP had a strong showing but were rigged by the defunct ACN is a pointer.

It's easier for tribal warriors like Osunoriginal and co , staying far off, yelling their lungs out without knowing what's tenable on ground.

There was no strong showing by PDP. The only place where there was strong showing was eti-osa, that is koro's constituency. He is an island boy.

You don't rig (or out rig) where you are not popular bro. That is the first rule of politics.

On the issue of tribalism, your assertions that Fashola is not
Popular is unfounded and baseless. Like I said Fashola's dog will have a landslide victory against GEJ based on the reality o today 25/11/2013.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

There was no strong showing by PDP. The only place where there was strong showing was eti-osa, that is koro's constituency. He is an island boy.

You don't rig (or out rig) where you are not popular bro. That is the first rule of politics.

On the issue of tribalism, your assertions that Fashola is not
Popular is unfounded and baseless. Like I said Fashola's dog will have a landslide victory against GEJ based on the reality o today 25/11/2013.

You are very wrong, PDP swept, Abule Oja-Abule Ijesha axis, Mende and a lot of other areas, but the ACN were declared winners in LASIEC. True Lagosians not the internet Lagosians can attest to that.

Notable cases of the ACN fraud which went viral was the badagry poll still on youtube where the returning officer was seen reading out the correct results on tape and the koro own you just mentioned

Talking about baseless and unfounded accusations. I also can comfortably dismiss your assertion about GEJ popularity in the SW as baseless and unfounded, cos he dusted that region the last time.

You see, it goes both ways

P:S ===> I said Fashola ratings in Lagos has dropped and not that Fashola ain't popular any more . . . Please take note.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

You are very wrong, PDP swept, Abule Oja-Abule Ijesha axis, Mende and a lot of other areas, but the ACN were declared winners in LASIEC. True Lagosians not the internet Lagosians can attest to that.

Notable cases of the ACN fraud which went viral was the badagry poll still on youtube where the returning officer was seen reading out the correct results on tape and the koro own you just mentioned

Talking about baseless and unfounded accusations. I also can comfortably dismiss your assertion about GEJ popularity in the SW as baseless and unfounded, cos he dusted that region the last time.

You see, it goes both ways

You seem not to understand politics. My opinion.

GEJ was voted for based on:

1. Sentiments on how he was victimized before becoming the substantive president after yar adua's demise.

2. Sentiment of north vs south

3. Sentiments of the bad better than the devil

4. ACN pulling out of the presidential election at the last minute to support GEJ.

All these sentiments won't be there now. It is his promises vs his performance that will speak for him. Presently his performance is straight F9.

A combo of tambuwal/Fash with Amaechi going for senate president deal is a fresh tornado that can easily sweep fresh air aside.

Performance is key.

Show us the verifiable polls or indices that indicates Fashola's popularity has dwindled.

The last empirical test of his popularity is the last election, that he won overwhelmingly. There has also not been any recorded protest against him.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by omanzo02: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
luvmijeje: Op well done. I don't have any question but I do have suggestions.

Anytime time I heard Jonathan speak, I always wonder how he become a Governor talkless of a President . I'm tired of Jonathan. I'm tired of how he foolishly run this country . That's why I'm hoping APC will get it right with it's choice of flag bearer . I don't mind Buhari/Fashola ticket but if it's not Possible, those that'll be choosen should have excellently performed at the lowest level of government .

I'm definitely not voting Jonathan but so far I've not be impress by APC. They now have majority in the house, so they should start putting money where their mouth is by first showing off and doing the right thing With the Budget .

APC should ensure that their i's and t's are well dotted and crossed. Nigerians are watching.

Have u heard yourself speak, GEJ may not be an orator but one thing I know for sure is our different ethnic dialect affects our English pronunciations and I don't expect him to copy an American dialect.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Obiagelli: I am totally loving DK's analysis on this thread, expecially the red and blue states illustration. Thumbs up for CJ too.
Seriously, it's 2 thumbs up for him for that part.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

You seem not to understand politics. My opinion.

GEJ was voted for based on:

1. Sentiments on how he was victimized before becoming the substantive president after yar adua's demise.

2. Sentiment of north vs south

3. Sentiments of the bad better than the devil

4. ACN pulling out of the presidential election at the last minute to support GEJ.

All these sentiments won't be there now. It is his promises vs his performance that will speak for him. Presently his performance is straight F9.

A combo of tambuwal/Fash with Amaechi going for senate president deal is a fresh tornado that can easily sweep fresh air aside.

Performance is key.

Show us the verifiable polls or indices that indicates Fashola's popularity has dwindled.

The last empirical test of his popularity is the last election, that he won overwhelmingly. There has also not been any recorded protest against him

I understand politics probably better than you do.
But what i don't understand is the double standards of one making sweeping remarks without verifiable polls or indices while asking for one at the opposing end undecided

I liken our current tilt to someone asking for proofs of corruption against our public officials, simply because they haven't been convicted yet..

All i sense is straw grasping on proofs. grin

P:S ===> There was a protest by LASU students (Fee hike) the Lekki Ajah inhabitants who were flogged and harassed during their protest over the sham tollgate

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

I understand politics probably better than you do. But what i don't understand is the double standards of one making sweeping remarks without verifiable polls or indices while asking for one at the opposing end undecided

I liken our current tilt to someone asking for proofs of corruption of our public officials simply because they haven't been convicted yet..

All i sense is straw grasping on proofs. grin

Sweeping remarks based on opinion sampled around nook and cranny of SW where I reside and I have contacts. You see, I refrained from commenting about other regions, because I'm not conversant with them.

I'm asking for your proof of the waning Fashola's popularity because your assertion is a clear departure from the reality on ground here. Except you are just trying to be mischievous.

If the constitution allows him to contest for 3rd term, he will win by larger gap, than the last time.

LP is most likely to.come 2nd to APC than PDP In lagos.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Sweeping remarks based on opinion sampled around nook and cranny of SW where I reside and I have contacts. You see I refrained from commenting about other regions, because I'm not conversant with them.

I'm asking for your proof of the waning Fashola's popularity because your assertion is a clear departure from the reality on ground here. If the constitution allows him to contest for 3rd term, he will win by larger gap, than the last time.

LP is most likely to.come 2nd to APC than PDP In lagos.

I am talking about the SW and Lagos cos am more conversant than some internet Fashola warriors i encounter daily

Okay let me play your game. Show me verifiable proof's of your sampled opinion

Ayam waiting . . .

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

I am talking about the SW and Lagos cos am more conversant than some internet Fashola warriors i encounter daily

Okay let me play your game. Show me verifiable proof's of your sampled opinion

Ayam waiting . . .

Seems you have penchant for back and forth argument. I am not interested in such.

They are personal discussions. You don't have to believe it. Believe whatever you want to believe.

The result at the polling booth will confirm who is right and wrong.

May God Almighty see us beyond then.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

They are personal discussions. You don't have to believe it. Believe whatever you want to believe.

The result at the polling booth will confirm who is right and wrong.

May God Almighty see us beyond then

Am disappointed smiley . . .No verifiable proof. tongue

Amen to the prayer in bold. It is well with all of us cool. Stay blessed bruv. . . . .

EDIT:

[s]Seems you have penchant for back and forth argument. I am not interested in such[/s]

Neither i my interested in straw grasping and harping on verifiable proofs, when no quoted figure is involved.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 12:09am On Dec 26, 2013
jmaine:

Am disappointed smiley . . .No verifiable proof. tongue

Amen to the prayer in bold. It is well with all of us cool. Stay blessed bruv. . . . .
What`s your brand bro..., I owe you one for the way you`ve dusted these guys tonite. grin
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 12:17am On Dec 26, 2013
luvinhubby:
What`s your brand bro..., I owe you one for the way you`ve dusted these guys tonite. grin

Abeg hammer me palmy and roasted grass cutter bush meat. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 12:17am On Dec 26, 2013
omanzo02:

Have u heard yourself speak, GEJ may not be an orator but one thing I know for sure is our different ethnic dialect affects our English pronunciations and I don't expect him to copy an American dialect.
Ameachi is not an orator. Fashola is not an orator. OBJ is not an orator. But when they speak, you get the feeling that, they understand what they are saying compare to Jonathan. When Jonathan speaks, it's like his brain is disconnected from his speech organ-apology to Jonathan.
It's understandable that Nigerians didn't have strong opposition in 2011 but how did OBJ sells Jonathan to his party?

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jhidey08(m): 12:37am On Dec 26, 2013
Oga clamjones, with all d things APC is doing nw? Wot if dey fail 2 win in 2015, wot'll b ur nxt action??

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jhidey08(m): 12:46am On Dec 26, 2013
luvmijeje:
Ameachi is not an orator. Fashola is not an orator. OBJ is not an orator. But when they speak, you get the feeling that, they understand what they are saying compare to Jonathan. When Jonathan speaks, it's like his brain is disconnected from his speech organ-apology to Jonathan.
It's understandable that Nigerians didn't have strong opposition in 2011 but how did OBJ sells Jonathan to his party?
d question u ought 2 ask urself and answer at d same tym is dis; "GEJ doesn't knw wot he's doing, his brain is disconnected 4rm his speech, bt yet he is d president of d most populous black nation in d world". Don't think I'm in support of Jonathan's administration, neither am I against him, I only want u 2 understand dat GEJ isn't our problem, we r our own problems, we cheat among ourselves and we're very very partial in our deeds, den u shldn't xpect much 4rm ur leaders as dey're jst being picked amongst us. D change starts 4rm u and I, let's b credible and God fearing in woteva we do, dat's hw we can build a "united Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by theoctopus: 1:29am On Dec 26, 2013
This is proof of Fashola waning rating in Lagos. People are angry with APC in Lagos. They can keep deceiving themselves, but what people are just waiting for now is a good candidate from PDP or Labour

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/activists-protest-governor-fasholas-presence-baba-omojolas-burial

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola was greeted with series of embarrassing songs as he arrived home of late political activist, Baba Omojola after the his body arrived home for his lying-in-state at his family's residence in Surulre, Lagos State.

The governor arrived with his convoy unable to go into the premises due to presence of a van that contained speakers blaring comradely songs for the activists at the venue.

The van was used to obstruct movement of vehicles into the residence. Upon his arrival however, aides of the governor who wanted to take their convoy in ordered that the van be removed for the governor, but the activists insisted the governor must alight from own his car and walk into the premises like others did. One activist, Debo Adeniran, who coordinated the van said with sarcarsm, that the governor could call his LASTMA officials to tow the van out of the way.

Upon realizing the seriousness of the activists, Mr. Fashola stepped down from his car and walked into the premises.

But as Mr. Fashola inched towards the house, more activists who had learned of his arrival took the microphone to sing anti-oppressor government song. Some lines in their songs tagged the governor "Ole-ole", translating to the calling the governor a thief.

The activists also substituted imperative words into their chorus, asking Mr. Fashola to leave the event to avoid his further embarrassment.

It was not known whether the governor had intention to stay long enough to address participants, but he left soon as the chants by activists gained more tempo.

Asked why Mr. Fashola had to be rejected at the event, the activists told Saharareporters that the governor was only a hypocrite pretending to be familiar with the late Baba Omojola.

A comrade said: "You won't believe they (government) don't allow Baba into their office whenever he was there on pressing public issues that affect the masse. But now that Baba is dead, Fashola is now here to show fake familiarity"

Another activist said it was now common for politicians to take advantage of the death of Comrades to woo families and relations of the bereaved.

"They did same when Gani Fawehinmi died. They hated him when he was alive because he spoke bitter truth to them and also challenged them to court especially on fake Toronto certificate of Tinubu, but after his death, they began pretending they were best of friends with him and began creating park and programs to deceive the public", a civil society leader who was present during the incidence said.

"That has become their forte. They suppress voices of the masses but whenever a strong activist whose voice gave them nightmare dies, they rejoice by sponsoring his funeral", he added.

The Lagos State Government tarred the Chief Onitana Street where Baba Omojola lived as part of gestures for his funeral. During a brief chat with SaharaTV crew recently, son of Baba Omojola, Akinola Omojola commented that it takes a prominent person to die for Government to repair a road in Nigeria.

It would be recalled that Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa was also booed recently as he strayed into the night of tributes and socials in memory of Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi.

"They are all hypocrites and we will continue to embarrass them if they won't stop insulting us to our face by pretending they were friends with our gone heroes", a protester said.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by theoctopus: 1:32am On Dec 26, 2013
luvmijeje:

Stop being ignorant. GEJ was chosen as a vice presidential candidate, not a presidential candidate. That is if you can even understand the difference

Secondly, GEJ might not be a good public speaker, but that does not in any way determine his level of intelligence. You are an illiterate if you think Obama is very intelligent just because he can speak well. Those are two mutually exclusive qualities.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by theoctopus: 1:36am On Dec 26, 2013
@Cramjones, I find it very laughable when you use terms like "Jonathan will not get anything from the north". You are hillarious. Where is the North? You mean the Jos man, Southern Kaduna man or Benue man will vote for Buhari or Tambuwal or any other "born-to-rule" mentality crew you bring out in 2015? You only deceive yourself with such propaganda. Also you speak of the south west like APC has ever controlled 100% of the votes there. In 2011, ACN candidate, who was even a better candidate than the ones you are likely to field in 2015, only won Osun state. What will change in 2015? You think people care about Tinubu anymore. Please keep deceiving yourself. I love it

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 26, 2013
The flawed calculations of those "BANKING" on their kins votes in the southwest is that they fail to realise that most of them havent even been to SS/SE and they dont have the same "Jonathan or nothing" mentality like they do over there.

A Fashola on the ticket puts the SW votes in the bag! and spilt the votes of SS/SE residents in the SW

Jonathan would need a miracle to get 20 percent of votes in that region. and the Core North is gone already, Kwara is most likely in the bag now.

Jona is on a long thing but anything can still happen.

The candidates of APC would actually determine how far they would go. If they want to win they know what to do and who to field in.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by theoctopus: 2:31am On Dec 26, 2013
Aigipan: The flawed calculations of those "BANKING" on their kins votes in the southwest is that they fail to realise that most of them havent even been to SS/SE and they dont have the same "Jonathan or nothing" mentality like they do over there.

A Fashola on the ticket puts the SW votes in the bag! and spilt the votes of SS/SE residents in the SW

Jonathan would need a miracle to get 20 percent of votes in that region. and the Core North is gone already, Kwara is most likely in the bag now.

Jona is on a long thing but anything can still happen.

The candidates of APC would actually determine how far they would go. If they want to win they know what to do and who to field in.

I like all these propaganda calculations. It help's GEJ more. grin

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 2:53am On Dec 26, 2013
theoctopus:

I like all these propaganda calculations. It help's GEJ more. grin

Put up a Happy Smiley Face.. Deep inside you, you know what's up! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today / "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife / Southern, Northern Leaders Warn Against Removal Of Seiyefa, DSS DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.