Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? (741 Views)

Is It Morally OK For A Pastor To Take Photos Like This? / Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? / What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
I saw this post on a forum so I decide to share it on here because I want people to shed some light to the issue.

Me nd my fiancee went 2 see a pastor 2day, afta singing nd praying d pastor told us dat we ar not compatible dat we can't marry afta dating for 4yrs nd she is 35yrs. pls, wht will i do.

My own opinion:

Why is it a must to see a pastor before you get married? I believe the pastor is not God and he wasn't there when you met your partner
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by ednut1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
he who finds a wife ......... . nt he who pastor certifies. most of d so called pastor want u to marry der daughter or church member. wen pastor okotie married gis second wife he no pray?
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
ednut1: he who finds a wife ......... . nt he who pastor certifies. most of d so called pastor want u to marry der daughter or church member. wen pastor okotie married gis second wife he no pray?

True that. I wonder why people still go to a pastor for consultation and confirmation before they proceed with getting married.
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by Nuzo1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
This is a classic case of misconception by the op.

Christianity being a religion where forgiveness is the focal point, doesn't forbid such people from marrying but seriously forbids premarital sex.

Some churches like Winners chapel in their own violation went further to forbid such union in a bid to discourage premarital sex....and the fact that premarital sex makes some marriage foundation shaky.

Find another church if you can keep up with the rules of a church.
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nuzo':
This is a classic case of misconception by the op.

Christianity being a religion where forgiveness is the focal point, doesn't forbid such people from marrying but seriously forbids premarital sex.

Some churches like Winners chapel in their own violation went further to forbid such union in a bid to discourage premarital sex....and the fact that premarital sex makes some marriage foundation shaky.

Find another church if you can keep up with the rules of a church.

I think that you are getting this all wrong because Pre-marital sex was never part of the discussion but more about how pastors has to be the one to Affirm your marriage to your partner due to spiritual or personal reasons. Am totally against it because the Pastor was not there when you met you partner and neither will he be there after you get married. Everyone should be there own Judge.

And If christianity is truly a religion where forgiveness is the focal point, why do some Pentecostal Churches still Dismisses their members because of "Premarital Sex" ? Was it written anywhere in the Bible?
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by Nuzo1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
captainolayinka:

I think that you are getting this all wrong because Pre-marital sex was never part of the discussion but more about how pastors has to be the one to Affirm your marriage to your partner due to spiritual or personal reasons. Am totally against it because the Pastor was not there when you met you partner and neither will he be there after you get married. Everyone should be there own Judge.

And If christianity is truly a religion where forgiveness is the focal point, why do some Pentecostal Churches still Dismisses their members because of "Premarital Sex" ? Was it written anywhere in the Bible?

I guess I didn't digest your opening comment well. Sorry for the mistake.

As much as I hate the idea of some pastors matchmaking couples, I wish to let you know that it does work some people. There's been a lot of testimonies to that effect.

Secondly, you should note that in Christianity, it's not mandatory to adhere to such revelations. It's even advised to beware of such people.

Thirdly, the couple are not being forced by the revealing pastor to abide by such revelation.

Fourthly, if most of these people complaining are used to complying when such revelation goes their way, why can't they comply when it doesn't go their way.

Fifthly, having dated for 20 years and a girl being 70 years old is not an excuse to marry a particular person. Spirit things aside.

Now, on the other part of your curiosity.
Like I said, it's not biblical to forbid those who've had premarital sex to marry. However, some churches create dome rules for her members as measure to checkmate curtail their excesses. That's why one is politely encouraged to move to another church if they can't keep up with certain rules.
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by lomprico(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
@op, why r u complaining? No b u waka go see pastor for approval? I wonder why pple go n see their pastors for issues and when they don't hear what they want they start complaining.
Re: Is It A Must For Your Pastor To Dictate For You? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
lomprico: @op, why r u complaining? No b u waka go see pastor for approval? I wonder why pple go n see their pastors for issues and when they don't hear what they want they start complaining.

Well,this is not about me but someone else. I specified that in my post

(1) (Reply)

Its The Little Things That Matters. / Whats Wrong With The Friendzone? / What Is The Greates Enemy To 2 Lovers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.