Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You (12582 Views)

In Church With Your Wife And The Pastor Says********* / When She Says She Has Not Seen Her Period (photo) / What Would You Do If You Met Your Wife In Your Pastor’s House Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Lexaccord(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hi Nairalanders. I met a girl 8 months ago and everything about us clicked. We. Plan to get marriied next year. However, just to seek the blessings of my spiritual leader. I told him about my girl and after about 2 days he told me that at the latter part of our marriage we will break up. He also said he told 2 other pastors to pray about it and the same is what they are saying. Now friends this made me to observe more and I noticed that my girl does not have such trait. Moreover her last relationship lasted 5 yrs and she never broke up with the guy until he broke her heart. I have resolved and am determined to make sure I do not listen to suuch but my parents are not helping matters especially my Dad, though they like her but the revelation has left them totally spell bound. Kindly advise me friends as my decision will not be friendly to my parents. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by eyenCalabar(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
Bro, it all depends on you. You have your own life to live. Be responsible for it. No pastor has the right to stop anyone from getting married. Their part is to join people that wants to marry together and not trying to seperate them or prophesying some form of s/hit. If you like the girl go ahead and marry her. Forget about the pastor. Just make up your mind to keep your marriage no matter what it takes. If the girl was their brother's daughter, would they still 'see' the same thing?

11 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by ajasbaba(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
guy let me advice you from experience,i was once told not to marry my wife that we will end up breaking after 1 year but i ignored all this story because i know that i am the one staying with her not my pastors.as far as i av my parents blessing.to hell with oda opinion.they will always advice u some will even say that she will not give birth for you.my guy all na lie now we are 4 years and 6month nothing do us and we av 2 big boys around.so boy follow ur heart as far as you as study her enough. i wish you all the best.

13 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Kai! Behold what spiritual advice from mortal men can do. @OP,its obvious u're a believer. Now,even as u follow your heart,i advise you ask God yourself if she's the right one.since u are also his son,just like your pastor,he will give u an answer. Btw, Whatever you put in a marriage is what it gives u.You'll only get a divorce if you both don't work against it.

5 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Idowuogbo(f): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
i'll ask d pastor to divorce his wife and marry me. Shikena!

4 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Mynd44: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
How come God does not speak to you but he speaks to your pastor?

14 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by omega25red(m): 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
Who is this pastor? can he see lottery numbers too? anyone who can see the future should be in a government facility someone telling them what will happen before it does. grin

poster

The only thing guaranteed in this short life is death. Don't let some failed politician who figured he can influence people's life by carrying a bible ruin what can be a great marriage life. Since he says you will break up in the future, tell him to give you the specifics so you can avoid it in the future.

p.s ever heard of the butterfly effect? if you change your future, it would change the world grin

9 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=13pt]A pastor is still a common man. No one can tell me who I should or shouldn't marry. Well, you can tell me but I no send lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Lexaccord(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thanks friends I appreciate all. Sure would follow my mind . God bless you all. *hugs*

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Na better thunder go fire the pastor. . . undecided
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Mynd44: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
sexkillz: Na better thunder go fire the pastor. . . undecided
From who? Amadioha, Sango or Zeus?

2 Likes

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Lexaccord(m): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
eyenCalabar: Bro, it all depends on you. You have your own life to live. Be responsible for it. No pastor has the right to stop anyone from getting married. Their part is to join people that wants to marry together and not trying to seperate them or prophesying some form of s/hit. If you like the girl go ahead and marry her. Forget about the pastor. Just make up your mind to keep your marriage no matter what it takes. If the girl was their brother's daughter, would they still 'see' the same thing?

Thanks broda. More blessings
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Lexaccord(m): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
Now that my dad feels bad as a result of the revelation? Cos me no mind go find rep for him on my wedding day lol! Or rather blackmail him with some things cos he likes me so much and he will still listen to my own point.
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]A pastor is still a common man. No one can tell me who I should or shouldn't marry. Well, you can tell me but I no send lol.[/size]

Sexkillz go dey dance alingo and etighi now cheesy

Anyway, u hit the nail on the head. You should only marry the person that u are deeply in love with, and who loves you back with good measure. Though as Nigerians, the parents have to approve of the marriage.
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by jmoore(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
God is not a God of confusion, you should ask God by yourself.
Some pastors see illusion instead of vision.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 11, 2013
jmoore: God is not a God of confusion, you should ask God by yourself.
Some pastors see illusion instead of vision.
Don't forget 1 Corinthians 14 - 32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
- Bible KJV

omega25red: Who is this pastor? can he see lottery numbers too? anyone who can see the future should be in a government facility someone telling them what will happen before it does. grin

poster

The only thing guaranteed in this short life is death. Don't let some failed politician who figured he can influence people's life by carrying a bible ruin what can be a great marriage life. Since he says you will break up in the future, tell him to give you the specifics so you can avoid it in the future.

p.s ever heard of the butterfly effect? if you change your future, it would change the world grin

I read a lot of posts condemning the pastor but please do not forget what is written in 2 Chronicles 20 - 20. Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. Although a pastor is not a prophet, they are two different offices.
- Bible KJV
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by drnoel: 9:22am On Jan 11, 2013
The pastor can go and jump into a lake..

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2013
CFCfan: Sexkillz go dey dance alingo and etighi now cheesy

Anyway, u hit the nail on the head. You should only marry the person that u are deeply in love with, and who loves you back with good measure. Though as Nigerians, the parents have to approve of the marriage.

[size=13pt]Lol. I'll listen to my parents' advice and go from there. No one will tell me who exactly to marry, parents inclusive. If I'm to get married at all, then I'll marry who I love.[/size]
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by jhydebaba(m): 9:54am On Jan 11, 2013
So far you've got balls to seek ur spiritual father on this issue then I don't think u need any other advice. Follow ur spiritual father cheesy obedience is better than sacrifice.

Na true oh! All this people wey dey see future sef, shey den no fit see winning lottery numbers ni I tire oh tongue
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by jmoore(m): 10:12am On Jan 11, 2013
fem30:
Don't forget 1 Corinthians 14 - 32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
- Bible KJV
dont quote the bible for me. You dont understand what you are quoting.
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by nlofficial(m): 11:11am On Jan 11, 2013
I will soon be in your shoes bro. Presently my mind is fixated. If you can't live my life, you can't choose for me. My life, my problems.
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by achi4u(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2013
The FACT is that the OP didn't love his wife to be all that much;if you do as you profess,I don't think you'll have time to be asking ur silly pastor(s) any bleeping questions.

go get your wife marriedgrin
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Skywalker5(m): 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
achi4u: The FACT is that the OP didn't love his wife to be all that much;if you do as you profess,I don't think you'll have time to be asking ur silly pastor(s) any bleeping questions.

go get your wife marriedgrin

Word
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Gistben: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
lol. he who seeks for spiritual things most get spiritual answers.are u not a bliver again?
Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
Since when did a pastor decide on who or who you do not get married to

You see, this is the type of cult control that makes me mad with Nigerian brand of Christianity.

The Bible says that he who finds a wife , finds a good thing. It is your duty to find a wife after prayer , and it is your decision to either marry her or not , after the normal courting and parental guidance.

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." - Proverbs 18:22

Your pastor is not your father or mother or GOD , he is simply a leader in the church and a brother.

Tell your pastor that your spirit does not agree with his vision.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by ilenaira: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
@OP, if you really need the opinion of a pastor / imam to override all you know and feel about a person you profess to love, very probably you don't deserve a spouse. Stay single and for goodness sake don't pass that type of thinking to anyone else. undecided

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by NoContract(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
[size=18pt]That's what happen when people behave so moronically gullible.

Why did you went to your pastor in the first place? You have no sense of reasoning alone? Then you are not yet responsible to be married!

How old is your Pastor?

What is the name of the Church?

ATAYA OOO[/size]

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by TableLeg(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
I wont ask the pastor in the first place .... I will never allow any bloody pastor or so called men of God meddle into my affairs, spiritually or personally!

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by safarigirl(f): 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
You sure sey im no dey eye the girl? Thank God I'm Catholic. You don't hear such bullshaht from Priests

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by eikeem(m): 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
Is your pastor your God?
What stops you from talking to God?
It's your life;it's your happiness;the decision is entirely yours,and not that of a third party.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Pastor Says She Is Not The One For You by NoContract(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
fem30:
I read a lot of posts condemning the pastor but please do not forget what is written in 2 Chronicles 20 - 20. Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. Although a pastor is not a prophet, they are two different offices.
- Bible KJV

old TESTAMENT! Read the bible and grow up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: All The Sex In The World. / I Left My Girlfriend Because Her Vag!na Was Too Wide / How To Easily SPOT A LESBIAN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.