Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss (18945 Views)

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by olas24u(f): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Aggrippa: very cold and at the same time the reality. but maàm am asuring you that this time that i am confident that justice will most likely be served! there is presently an onoing healing process taking place.

You better stop writing bullshit which kind of justice.You think the Lebanese man is still around.This is the function of the police not Fedeal government ,which kind of country is this for God sake.She should able to get justice in her country through police and the justice system
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by MyJoe: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
olas24u: This type of federal system is really something else ,a whole federal government is the one that will have to fight for 1 worker .when we have state government ,local government,police and other agencies of government .we can never develop like this at all.
My first thoughts when I saw the headline. When will it stop taking a politician trying to score points to get our institutions to do their jobs? When will Nigeria stop being a country where a politician can even give orders to the police?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
infonubia: [img]http://2.bp..com/-6ihf8b6iRsI/UrxcyFA68YI/AAAAAAAAD4E/M5byDYYmOks/s512/1.jpg[/img]

The Nigerian presidency has made moves to investigate the disheartening case of Alice, a 7-month pregnant Nigerian factory worker in Lagos who lost her baby after being beaten up by her Lebanese boss on December 13th.

Nigeria's presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati tweeted:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-6pd9oAn0v7s/Urxc-u1NYHI/AAAAAAAAD4M/dohuGIvQhXk/s640/alice-president-tweet.JPG[/img]

It's about time Nigerian and African workers are treated with some dignity and respect! The hastag #JusticeforAlice is trending on Twitter as reaction to the story continues to pour in.

Incase you missed the original story, read it here.

Source
Jeez! Is that image of a hospital or derelict sewage room? I cry for Nigeria. Seriously!
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by vislabraye(m): 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Let justice be done speedily. Lebanese and Indians are fond of this sort of behaviour.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
vislabraye: Let justice be done speedily. Lebanese and Indians are fond of this sort of behaviour.

The Lebanese might just be fed up of the Nigerian workers dirty nature in his business place. But, he should be smart enough to sack the lady in a peaceful and civilized manner. I think he tries to do that only to find the woman rejecting it. There is some element the lady played some part in the cause of the harm.

I am not supporting the Lebanese action but all facts must be brought to the table. I just hope the truth comes out.

Thank you.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Italiano1: 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: Jeez! Is that image of a hospital or derelict sewage room? I cry for Nigeria. Seriously!

Excellent question! Is that the sort of hospital conditions Jonathan or Mama Piss would like to stay in? Of Course Not! They jet out of the country they have a heartburn or a headache and leave Nigerians to their fate.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
callen odinks: Fresh Fish Air In Nigeria. GEJ Is Workingsmiley

must it be until Jonathan says it? What rubbish work is he doing!!
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by andyanders: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
All companies owned by the Lebanese, Chinese and Indians in Nigeria should be investigated by the FGN and too, they must stop the casual workers job by these companies. They abuse Nigerians. Look at the way Mugabe is handling all foreign companies owned by foreigners in their country.Something must be done.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
andyanders: All companies owned by the Lebanese, Chinese and Indians in Nigeria should be investigated by the FGN and too, they must stop the casual workers job by these companies. The abuse Nigerians. Look at the way Mugabe is handling all foreign companies owned by foreigners in their country.Something must be done.
Another thing there must be laws which also protect investors!
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
Better late than never
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by ratiken(m): 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
[quote author=Italiano1][/quote]
Go to bed. You guys have made GEJ popular indirectly.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by ratiken(m): 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
Italiano1:

Excellent question! Is that the sort of hospital conditions Jonathan or Mama Piss would like to stay in? Of Course Not! They jet out of the country they have a heartburn or a headache and leave Nigerians to their fate.

Your Tinubu jets out ss well after 13 years in power. You guys handed GEJ a failed system and he needs time to fix them. GEJ is working and we can feel it. These APC blind propaganda has made us admire him more.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Emmey15(m): 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Intresting facts
*Dragonflies
are one of
the fastest
insects,
flying 50 to
60 mph.
*Each year,
insects eat
1/3 of the
Earth's food
crop.
*In its entire
lifetime, the
average
worker bee
produces
1/12th
teaspoon of
honey.
*Mosquitoes
dislike
citronella
because it
irritates
their feet.
*Mosquitoes
prefer
children to
adults, and
blondes to
brunettes.
*No two
spider webs
are the
same.
*Only female
mosquitoes
bite. Females
need the
protein from
blood to
produce
their eggs.
*Only full-
grown male
crickets can
chirp.
*The animal
responsible
for the most
human
deaths
world-wide
is the
mosquito.
*The blood of
mammals is
red, the
blood of
insects is
yellow, and
the blood of
lobsters is
blue.
*The buzz
that you
hear when a
bee
approaches
is the sound
of its four
wings
moving at
strokes per
minute. Bees
fly an
average of
15 miles per
hour.
Want more intresting animal facts? Then click and like.....
www.facebook.com/emmeysworld
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by striker9(m): 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
Tinubu: all na wash jor. ... the lebanese, being natural hustlers, have the habit of hijacking a country's or even a continent's economy... look at how carlos slim, a lebanese, has hijacked the entire south american telecom networks...nigerians have this " no be my papa work" attitude towards employment .... and the lebanese didnt travel this far to get screwed by some lackadaisical nigerian... I wont be surprised if the pregnant woman has a maid in her house who has and is still receiving far worse treatment... next topic abegi...
The reward for lackadaisical attitude is murder abi?you are the biggest FOO1 of 2013,congrats mo.ron.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by willibounce: 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nothing will happen to the Lebanese man. They know this, that's y they do whatever they like. The solutions is in ur hands. What were the colleagues looking at. If to say one person don break coke bottle for d bas..t.ard head, case for don cancel. Bt trust naija ppl, na so so mouth dem get.

Femi kuti don talk am: Africans will suffer till d suffer reach their bone.

Singing :

I sorry sorry o...
I sorry for Nigeriaaans....
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
willibounce: Nothing will happen to the Lebanese man. They know this, that's y they do whatever they like. The solutions is in ur hands. What were the colleagues looking at. If to say one person don break coke bottle for d bas..t.ard head, case for don cancel. Bt trust naija ppl, na so so mouth dem get.

Femi kuti don talk am: Africans will suffer till d suffer reach their bone.

Singing :

I sorry sorry o...
I sorry for Nigeriaaans....
Sorry, that is a primitive approach! That is called taking-the-law-into-your-own-hand and it is a crime. When will Nigerians be civilized enough to understand how modern world works? I am very angry with my people for their ignorance and backward reasoning.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by andyanders: 11:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Most of these companies hire these ladies ONLY when there is exchange of intimacy and as soon as they hire them, they all take turn to sleep with the lady and later fire her.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by hollypagan: 12:24am On Dec 27, 2013
for me i dnt wait for president, surely i will take laws into my hand if its my sister or my wife

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 27, 2013
holly-pagan:
for me i dnt wait for president, surely i will take laws into my hand if its my sister or my wife
Yeah! Thank you for showing your silliness here! You are summoned to go back to your village,please.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Litmus: 12:36am On Dec 27, 2013
Should be an issue between the man, his wife, Lebanese man, police/court or fisticuffs. Give all foreigners the respect you'd give a Nigerian, treat them the way you'd treat a Nigerian and expect from them no more or no less than you'd morally expect from a Nigerian. Forget the universal black fight, believe me i fought that fight within my capacity and found out that those who were most opposed to me were blacks.

Be mindful, many of the type of people who posts those, "Africans maltreated by Asian, White or Indian bosses", aren't necessarily what you think. Some may be militant blacks whom, you may assume would be with you when you think like them but in fact would hate your guts because you're a Nigerian! They may simply posts stuff like these not to draw highlight to presumed racial dependencies but to mock you. Some post them just so you should rant at foreigners, hate them talk of murdering them, in the hope that prospective investors would think you hostile and go invest elsewhere.

There's more but it would be epistemological reading....
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by hollandis(f): 12:36am On Dec 27, 2013
Shut up,what dirty environment .useless person like you
all4naija:

The Lebanese might just be fed up of the Nigerian workers dirty nature in his business place. But, he should be smart enough to sack the lady in a peaceful and civilized manner. I think he tries to do that only to find the woman rejecting it. There is some element the lady played some part in the cause of the harm.

I am not supporting the Lebanese action but all facts must be brought to the table. I just hope the truth comes out.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 27, 2013
hollandis: Shut up,what dirty environment .useless person like you
That means you didn't read the previous story about what led to the attack.

Thank you.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by BlackKenichi(m): 1:33am On Dec 27, 2013
The Lebanese are a bunch of cowardly merchants.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by amazing2013: 1:56am On Dec 27, 2013
Good one, Mr. President! smiley
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Horus(m): 2:46am On Dec 27, 2013
Send all Lebaneses back to their country. The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria, illegal trade, drug smugling, etc

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 27, 2013
Horus: Send all Lebaneses back to their country. The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria, illegal trade, drug smugling, etc
I disagree with that!
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by InvertedHammer: 4:12am On Dec 27, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Lebanese caught with heavy cache of weaponry in Kano.

High grade weapons found in Lebanese supermarket in Abuja.

Lebanese abused pregnant Nigerian and caused loss of baby.

Nigerians beaten and killed in Goa, India.
----------------------------------------

Why were her coworkers not on her rescue when this was going on? This must be a normal way for this lebanese to treat his workers. There are many accounts of Lebanese and other expatriates generally maltreating their Nigerian workers and if they fight back the boss can call in Nigerian police who, for a bribe, will add to the punishment. NLC needs to come up with punitive measures for these abuses.

By all means this Lebanese should be deported to his war torn nation for murdering a Nigerian and attempted murder on the victim's parent.

Interesting how ignorant someone can be.

Someone committed this heinous crime and you are talking of "deportation".

He needs to be prosecuted, sentenced and all his assets in Nigeria seized as a deterrent to others.

Anything short of these will be a miscarriage of justice.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by olayemi53: 5:19am On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm, investigation, what will hapened after.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by IAMBREEZY: 5:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Horus: Send all Lebaneses back to their country. The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria, illegal trade, drug smugling, etc
i strongly agree without demur.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by frainc(m): 5:55am On Dec 27, 2013
koboko69:
My sister i tire...see the list of organisations to investigate one nuisance. Someone that police should have arrested that very day!
police? are you a leaner?

those useless set of people call police must have collected bride b'cos i'm so sure that the case must have been reported to a nearby police station when it happen.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by elnath(m): 6:08am On Dec 27, 2013
Tinubu: all na wash jor. ... the lebanese, being natural hustlers, have the habit of hijacking a country's or even a continent's economy... look at how carlos slim, a lebanese, has hijacked the entire south american telecom networks...nigerians have this " no be my papa work" attitude towards employment .... and the lebanese didnt travel this far to get screwed by some lackadaisical nigerian... I wont be surprised if the pregnant woman has a maid in her house who has and is still receiving far worse treatment... next topic abegi...
You are truly a case-study in insensitivity. And ignorance. So the loss of life means nothing to you? If an employee is not doing his/her duties, is physically abusing him/her the lawful thing to do? Now, who told you Helu is a Lebanese? You just opened your mouth and wiped out any doubt that you are stupid.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by kaeto(m): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2013
koboko69:
THEY ARE HERE!!!
Off course i was waiting for dick heads like you to come and politicise this as usual. You this PDP e-robots that will just jump on any thread to spill thrash...i dont blame you....robots actually dont have brains...they only do what they are programmed to do.

The presidency have to wade into this matter before justice can be done What a sick country we live in. Someone that should have been arrested and arraigned by now.... Abati the thug is comming on twitter to make silly noise days after. Immagine the long list of organizations to investigate one silly Lebanese that ought to be rotting in jail now. If a Nigerian tries this abroad....he will be rotting in jail..without hearing noise from one thug, coming from the presidency!
Better to be a PDP robot than an APC loser worm. You are just being murdered slowly with your mouth open, a bitter loser like buhari your master. It happened in an APC state and region, where your fashola and tinubu presides. But it took GEJ's intervention for justice to be on the way for this pretty lady, but you don't demand justice from apc, GEJ gave justice and you still scream politicks. You are a sore loser, and forever remain so untill you change.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.