Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter (33178 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) / Man Arrested For Defiling His 9-year-old Daughter In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Op,your own better sef. I know of a lady who didn't see her dad until she was 20 years. Though the man knew he had a daughter but he didn't know how to get in touch with the girl's mum because they lost contact when they were both in the university. The man later got married and has 3 boys. The mother of his daughter is still unmarried till date. I can't remember how they got in touch but I think it was the man that went on a search looking for his daughter who is 27 years old now. Unfortunately, the parents of the man didn't see their lost grand daughter,they only got to see her picture before both of them died. The girl is just a replica of her dad. The man's wife also accepted the girl with open arms after her husband told her of his lost child.
Since the union,the man has been taking responsibility of the daughter until she got married. Today,they still remain best of friends.

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by ayando(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Definitely your wife will be angry but how will ur daughter feel if she knows you never bother to find her? Your concern now is to find the paternity of the said daughter,if she is yours, go and claim what is rightful yours. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by moscobabs(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
misery they hapun for Nairaland everyday.

who knows maybe ghosts,monsters,witches, wizards,Bks and even jinns are here.Seun don start things wey he no go fit finish ooo
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
And lots of us wouldn't hv been in d mess thy find themselves had they ever used their brain instead of third leg to think.
I'm sure raincoat was like 10 bucks that time.

And gals c that as part of lv.
If u can't zip up,used raincoat.
Ur future may be ruined for one singular mistake!
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Timijo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
smilelane: I once had a relationship with a lady while in university. Before I could come back from one sessional holiday, She has welshed on me. Unfortunately, communication gadgets weren't a commonplace at the time. However, I got in touch with her close friend who said she has decided to drop-out of school and move to settle with family in another region of Nigeria away from mine.

I couldn't get any immediate information from her said friend on why my girlfriend will take such decision without letting me in. I had no choice than to move on.

****************************************************************************************

fast-forward to 8+ later: I happened upon her friend and we shared warm pleasantry and memories. Before she bade me well, she left a sour pill in my mouth. She innocently/cunningly threw in that I have a daughter from her friend(my ex). I asked to stop it once if that was meant to be a joke. She said she was saying the truth but won't discuss it any further if I wasn't keen about it. By this time, I was both furious and disinterested and eventually called her bluff.

A year later after that meeting, her word kept ringing on my heart and I somewhat was able to get her number to call her about what she told me. To my greatest surprise, she confirmed it and has connected me with her friend who is now married. I have seen the baby girl on facebook. She looks exactly like me! But I am also married now.

So, how do I start telling my family and my wife especially? My wife doesn't look like anyone that will take the news calmly.
Who can buy this story among Nollywood actors ooo? Ok! May be Jim Iyke or Desmond Illiot.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Well even though u guys re both married that's no issue but she have to let you have a relationship in your Child life. The earlier the better it's best to let your family know the truth then talk to your former gf so u can meet your daughter because if u don't when she grow up nd you want to meet her by then they would have feed her with a lot of lie about u act now nd fast the time now also let your wife know about it not that u cheated on her while u guy were married it was before her this happen.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
You sound like u've had ur mind made up in telling ur wife the situation, or is it that you still are confused and havent decided on what steps to take if any?

First i'll take the former, no woman will be happy knowing that somewhere not so far away herein lives a child fathered by her husband, knowingly or unknowingly. Thats room for distrust, a recipé for a divided home, a huge feeling of self guilt and an overdose of disloyalty. Whichever way u look at it.

Now the latter, in the event that you have not made up ur mind in what to do, i'd say u take some good time to analyse the situation, put it into context clear all sentiments attached and try and figure out what you actually want given that you never knew and what you dont know wont kill you, so they say.

Now my advice, all sentiments aside I think you should move on with your life, see yourself as a Sperm Donor, that takes away the guilt you feel if any. ex communicate urself from the child's mother the mothers friend and the child, afterall she hasnt needed you for 9 years i dont think she does now. She didnt think it imperative to tell you or look for you all these years so why give urself a headache? She is married now hence she should concentrate on her family so do same, Considerate on your family and wish the child and her mother well.... Ask urself this questions

Do you need her? (Both) Does she need you? Can i bring this into my family?

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by smilelane: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
CoCoLav: Na wa for some people here ooo

So you will sleep soundly at night knowing fully well that you have a child somewhere? LaiLai! :0

Op you better go and claim your child. Sperm donor ko! Egg donor ni!

I haven't really slept well since I found out. Thank you for understanding a bit of what I feel

4 Likes

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by NovusHomo(m): 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
bigfree: @op. You do nothing!!!
take care of your family and let her take care of hers.
Even if the child is yours; after nine years you wanna play father or what? The child has a father and he is not you.

OMG! Are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Wallade(m): 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
@op, I want to put myself in Ur stead, my first worry is: why did she hide the info from me all the while? She didn't make any effort to inform me, it was her friend that informed me. However, I will approach her and her husband for clarification on the paternity of that child. If they agree that the child is mine, I will take full responsibility for the child but let the mother have custody on the condition that I am free to relate with the child as mine and the child is free to spend time with me, if she wishes.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by NovusHomo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
DICKtator:

Do a DNA(?), Paternity(?) test to confirm.

If the daughter is truly yours, accept her

What do you mean that your wife wouldn't accept such news?

Has she told you how many abortions she must have had before she met you?

A lot of peeps would have shone her congo before she met you so tell her to quit that sanctimonious attitude.

It happened in the past. We have all been there

We have all made mistakes.

We all have skeletons

The world is like "Wisteria lane" of Desperate Housewives

So let no seed of Eve fool you

grin grin grin grin

Or if her child/children is/are really yours? That is if you both have children already

But more seriously, a family meeting is imperative here.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by nanizle(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
9 years old love child.

Hmm...........

This is serious a matter.........

Is it that you want to be a part of the girls life?

This will be very hard.

The girl already has a father you know.

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT HER MOTHER MUST BE IN SUPPORT OF WHAT EVER PLAN OF ACTION YOU DECIDE TO TAKE... OR ELSE... THE CHILD WILL BEAR THE BRUNT OF THE PARENTAL TUSSLE.

SO

STEP 1:

CONTACT THE MOTHER.

STEP 2:

DEPENDS ON THE OUTCOME OF STEP 1

ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE IS FOR YOU TO...

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by IdomaLikita: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
"What Is, Must Be Explored"
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by variance: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mr man try to ask the woman(i.e the girl' mum) if the girl really belong to you. Let her mum confirm so as not to be saying what is not.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sper m donor things.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
smurfy:

Cheating is cheating, friend. It doesn't matter if it happened before or after marriage.

What is your own definition of cheating? Cheating I believe occurs when one person has a significant other and performs any type of intimate acts with another person!

He couldn't have cheated on a wife he never even met as at the time he was dating this lady, unless he was in a relationship with her already. Op's wife might feel threatened or jealous by the thought of a strange woman and child who are going to be in their lives one way or the other; OP didn't cheat on her!
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Abel202: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
Na wao,
This is the kind of news I have been secretly hoping to hear someday. I would wellcome such news with so much joy. I still can't imagine how I managed not to have fathered a child or 2 before getting married inspite of all my dribbling with ladies. Although at that time I went to a long extent to prevent such a scenario, but now that I am married and I so much love my kids, I wish I started having them earlier.
So if anyone has my kids out there, biko inform me right away.
I will come and take full charge immediately.
Of course a DNA test must have to be done first.
Wifey must try to understand because she realises that I love kids. I would wanna have many, but since small family is the fashionable thing and wifey likes that style, any addition from the past will be more than a wellcome development.

CONGRATS OP --- JUST GO AND PUMP CHAMPAGNE --- YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
If u like, deny ur blood because of one woman. U will pay dearly for it. A woman can leave u but ur child will never leave u. A woman can be replaced but a child is irreplaceable no matter d circumstances.

Always take care of number 1!!!

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Godsbaby1(f): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
For me i will gladily welcome the girl afterall in 10 to 15 yrs time she will marry and have her own home, ur wife has nothing to loose, go for ur child ....it happen near me the case was divorced with 3 boys, is ur wife a saint get ur child and give her the love she deserve

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Rastamann: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
It is better you let the sleeping dog lie o! At all, the lady in question (who was your past girlfriend) never told you about having any daughter for you, so why do you want to break both homes now? At least you get ya own kids from your wife, so omo fashy and pretend nothing happened, so that peace can regin in both families.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by homesteady(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
bigfree: @op. You do nothing!!!
take care of your family and let her take care of hers.
Even if the child is yours; after nine years you wanna play father or what? The child has a father and he is not you.

This is just the wicked and harsh truth! sad

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ollymurs:
Now my advice, all sentiments aside I think you should move on with your life, see yourself as a Sperm Donor, that takes away the guilt you feel if any. ex communicate urself from the child's mother the mothers friend and the child, afterall she hasnt needed you for 9 years i dont think she does now. She didnt think it imperative to tell you or look for you all these years so why give urself a headache? She is married now hence she should concentrate on her family so do same, Considerate on your family and wish the child and her mother well.... Ask urself this questions

Sperm donor, really? Can you live with yourself knowing that the sperm you 'donated' is somewhere, enjoying or suffering? Ain't no child who doesn't need the father, old or young!
Yoruba people will say: ki ori olori ma gba ise mi se!
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by grandstar(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
remember what our heavenly father says about negligent parenthood. ( 1 timothy 5:cool. and it goes beyond the financial(deut 6:6-9) we are blessed when we listen to him. (luke 11:28)
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by digi101(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Am curious o;

2013 - 8 years = 2005

How bad was communication in 2005?
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by cikadile: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
CoCoLav: Na wa for some people here ooo

So you will sleep soundly at night knowing fully well that you have a child somewhere? LaiLai! :0

Op you better go and claim your child. Sperm donor ko! Egg donor ni!

Absolutely
He should do so, or try to at least
If the child is refused him, he would have tried, at least

It is ALL about this child here, not about the wife's possible ire
Miss 9 year old has a right to a father
So she already may have a "father" too yeah but poster, there is nothing wrong in her knowing you too, that you cared to find and claim her no matter the outcome.
Trust me, her life would be fuller and happier knowing this fact of you...
So go poster!
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by slap1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Before you talk of DNA test, do you even have access to the baby?
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by chairman: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
chymystique: U tell her exactly wah u ve written here for us to read... And tell her soonst.. If she rily loves u she will understand n nt cause probs.. (Tho she mit b unhappy abt et)..

Me I dnt pray for this kinda situation oo..
why will she be unhappy about it, it's not as if she met her husband as a virgin, she even may have flushed her own, so bros op tell her and if it suits all parties, claim your daughter
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by sweetgala(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ollymurs: You sound like u've had ur mind made up in telling ur wife the situation, or is it that you still are confused and havent decided on what steps to take if any?

First i'll take the former, no woman will be happy knowing that somewhere not so far away herein lives a child fathered by her husband, knowingly or unknowingly. Thats room for distrust, a recipé for a divided home, a huge feeling of self guilt and an overdose of disloyalty. Whichever way u look at it.

Now the latter, in the event that you have not made up ur mind in what to do, i'd say u take some good time to analyse the situation, put it into context clear all sentiments attached and try and figure out what you actually want given that you never knew and what you dont know wont kill you, so they say.

You can't know what you need or don't until you make an effort to find out

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by Mystiqme: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw: And lots of us wouldn't hv been in d mess thy find themselves had they ever used their brain instead of third leg to think.
I'm sure raincoat was like 10 bucks that time.

And gals c that as part of lv.
If u can't zip up,used raincoat.
Ur future may be ruined for one singular mistake!
lol, but why attack the man? It's not like her raped her or something. They both agreed to sex without protection and they are both going to be responsible for the consequences

1 Like

Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by maclatunji: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
smurfy:

Cheating is cheating, friend. It doesn't matter if it happened before or after marriage.

The rational question is: how many other kids does he have out of wedlock? Since he is not in the position to know until when told.
Re: Just Discovered I Have A 9 Year Old Daughter by maclatunji: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
chairman: why will she be unhappy about it, it's not as if she met her husband as a virgin, she even may have flushed her own, so bros op tell her and if it suits all parties, claim your daughter

The world got spoilt a long time ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Sex On First Date Make A Lady Look Cheap? / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.