Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job (775 Views)

Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by chibaba87(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Candidates applying for jobs are been advised not to bring up salary discussions during interviews.bt In this case,all the interviews are now concluded and I was called to start work by january without salary been discussed.wat should be d next that I should now? Resume work b4 inquiring abt the salary? Or wat? Need advise...
Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by adewasco2k(m): 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
chibaba87: Candidates applying for jobs are been advised not to bring up salary discussions during interviews.bt In this case,all the interviews are now concluded and I was called to start work by january without salary been discussed.wat should be d next that I should now? Resume work b4 inquiring abt the salary? Or wat? Need advise...

Start work? You should be given an offer/appointment letter which will state clearly and in detailed your salary.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Newbies or desperados fall for this. It cannot happen to a professional. However if u av no other job then resume then if after a week there's nothing then go to Hr and ask for it. Its no big deal. If ur working and confident ask before resumption so as to familiarize urself with benefits and conditions.
Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by alotofgrace(m): 12:36am On Dec 29, 2013
pls we need more lights
Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by Mustay(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2013
@tjololade:
Newbies or desperados fall for this. It cannot happen to a professional. However if u av no other job then resume then if after a week there's nothing then go to Hr and ask for it. Its no big deal. If ur working and confident ask before resumption so as to familiarize urself with benefits and conditions.

I kinda align with this. While an offer letter is the norm, the carrot here is that if/when you get a better job, you really do not need to give them letters since they've not given you T&Cs for a start. The risks however in such a job is that your job description may not be unlimited since there's no structure. Dis kain job na 'make man sha do something make e no siddon house'.
Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by chibaba87(m): 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tnx 2u all,let me throw more light,d day I was mearnt to meet wit d hour for d final tym,she went to Court,I was told to wait and wen I waited and she didn't com,I sent her txt wc she didn't reply,so I left in anger,and leta d secretary called me wen I was at home telling me dat 3 quarantor form has been sent to my mail box and I am to resume in january
Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by oakcha(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
My advice is that you ask for an offer letter before you start, if they are not willing to give the letter as for your pay package, its your right to ask, if they are not still forth coming with it .Please dont take the offer even if you are un-employed...i belt you, you will regret it
Re: What Happens When A Company Omit Salary Discussion And Offers A Job by chibaba87(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
oakcha: My advice is that you ask for an offer letter before you start, if they are not willing to give the letter as for your pay package, its your right to ask, if they are not still forth coming with it .Please dont take the offer even if you are un-employed...i belt you, you will regret it
dats wat am gonna do,tnx all 4ur advice

(1) (Reply)

Dragnet Graduate Verification Officer / Ecommerce Manager In Lagos / Etisalat Nigeria Job Recruitment (7 Vacant Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.