Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:00 AM

Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC (8355 Views)

Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by plucky16(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
The negative fortune of the ruling Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, is set to deem even
further as the Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal is
set to formally decamp to the leading opposition
party in the country, the All Progressives
Congress, APC.
The Speaker’s decision came as a shock to the
leadership of PDP, who earlier in December
had extracted a word of commitment from the
House leaders that member’s defection will no
longer be tenable.
National Mirror gathered that the Sokoto State
chapter of the APC has mandated its
Tambuwal Local Government chapter to
formally present a membership card to the
Speaker who has been asked by the state
Governor, Aliyu Wamakko to formally declare
his stand.
It was gathered, however, that Tambuwal
would retain his seat as Speaker due to the
numerical strength of the opposition party as
soon as he decamps from the PDP and join the
APC in January.
It will be recalled that the defection of some
members of the House of Representatives
elected on the platform of the ruling party into
APC has brought the number of the federal
lawmakers of the opposition party to 172. The
PDP presently has 171.
The likely defection of Tambuwal will further
alter the equation in favour of APC in the
House, with its membership increasing to 173,
with PDP coming down to 170.
More PDP members in the House are also
planning to join Tambuwal as soon as he
declares for APC.
A source in Tambuwal’s camp confirmed the
move by saying:
“Mr. Speaker… is set to tap the numerical
strength of APC in the House to retain his seat.
The defection of Mr. Speaker is going to alter
the political equation in the House
substantially because many other members of
the House are likely to join him to move to
APC.
“The speaker has made up his minds and he
has perfected the strategies with the leaders
of APC and he is not likely to go into APC alone
as some of his colleagues in the House have
also decided to follow him into the opposition
party.”

http://urbanbangz..com/2013/12/breaking-speaker-aminu-tambuwal-dumps.html

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by experimentist: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Oya, retardeen, owun tun da!
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by MANGAM(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
More and more to follow suit. Tukur has finish PDP and I dnt knw y Goodluck is stil holding tie to him
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by zeelo2014: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Is set to join?

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by T9ksy(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
LOBATAN!!!

Everyone is deserting PDP..........like a sinking ship.

Jonathan, see your life o!

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Bigcake: 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Tambuwal is a foool, the most foolish speaker ever in d anals of this country. Gej till 2019 thereafter to the south easterners

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Abbeyme: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is becoming more interesting.

Oya na. Let's go there.....
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
zeelo2014: Is set to join?
just like G5 and 37 reps.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
T9ksy: LOBATAN!!!

Everyone is deserting PDP..........like a sinking ship.

Jonathan, see your life o!

All the criminals a leaving the PDP to join a like minded party the APC.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by mascot87(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
I am happy @ this development,I have being waiting too long for this to happen.I am expecting more in the coming days.God bless him.Any e-PDP rat that quote me will be insulted so bad that he /she will go and commit suicide.so be warned angry
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
I can't wait to see Femi Gbajabiamila take over from Mulikat Akande as the House Leader; and Emeka Ihedioha lose his Deputy Speakership's seat except he joins the moving train.
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by mascot87(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
noblezone:

Your father Jonathan is the real criminal you fool angry

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by superstar1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
that is not a news nah!!!!

everybody knows where his allegiance has been from day 1.

I don't think he will be a major loss to GEJ's camp. His romance with opposition is well documented.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by mascot87(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Bigcake: Tambuwal is a foool, the most foolish speaker ever in d anals of this country. Gej till 2019 thereafter to the south easterners
I pray you are alive to witness what will happen come 2015,you are the real fool here
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by MANGAM(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
A south Easterner for 2015 via APC watch and see bro
Bigcake: Tambuwal is a foool, the most foolish speaker ever in d anals of this country. Gej till 2019 thereafter to the south easterners
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by superstar1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I can't wait to see Femi Gbajabiamila take over from Mulikat Akande as the House Leader; and Emeka Ihedioha lose his Deputy Speakership's seat except he joins the moving train.

of course, the sharp y1boman will defect fast fast to APC.

Have you forgotten that, they are a republican individualistic society. cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by owobokiri(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
What is 'breaking' about this 'news'? He helped found the APC and has worked assidiously to improve the fortune of the boko party so formally joining now wont break anything

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by T9ksy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
noblezone:

You are probably right but my premise is, how's the daft shoeless one going to win election in 2015?

The retard.ee has fallen like humty dumpty and all the kingsmen SE votes and SS votes won't save him, in 2015.

My ibo brothers don miscalculate AGAIN by betting on a three-legged horse.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by luvinhubby(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Bigcake: Tambuwal is a foool, the most foolish speaker ever[b][/b] in d anals of this country. Gej till 2019 thereafter to the south easterners
That`s an understatement. angry
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by DAY12(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
T9ksy:

You are probably right but my premise is, how's the daft shoeless one going to win election in 2015?

The retard.ee has fallen like humty dumpty and all the kingsmen SE votes and SS votes won't save him, in 2015.

My ibo brothers don miscalculate AGAIN by betting on a three-legged horse.

grin grin grin grin grin

DEALTH
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Welcome comrade let's rescue our beloved country from the hands of the clueless team

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Lusola15: 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ok grin
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by MacW: 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
What is breaking about dis new...? He has always be in APC. To me it never came as a surprise.
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by donphilopus: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
He has become a foool, because he wants to dump PDP! Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by onemopol: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
let him enter the APC first , that is when he will understand that he has entered 1 chance.

THE LAW IS VERY CLEAR, THEIR SEATS WILL DEFINITIELY BE DECLARED VACANT. MY ONLY PROBLEM IS OUR SLOW JUDICIAL PROCESS. BEING ANGRY WITH PARTY LEADERS DOES NOT MEAN THE PARTY IS FACTIONALIZED IN THE EYS OF THE LAW.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
I'm just watching from a corner. More surprises are yet to come
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
one mopol: let him enter the APC first , that is when he will understand that he has entered 1 chance.

THE LAW IS VERY CLEAR, THEIR SEATS WILL DEFINITIELY BE DECLARED VACANT. MY ONLY PROBLEM IS OUR SLOW JUDICIAL PROCESS. BEING ANGRY WITH PARTY LEADERS DOES NOT MEAN THE PARTY IS FACTIONALIZED IN THE EYS OF THE LAW.

People forget that the decamping has been happening during the festive season and PDP can only wait for the holiday to finish before they respond.

Anybody who believes their will be no consequences for decamping will believe anything

The law will run its full course when the time comes

Tambuwal is well within his right to join any party he likes but must relinquish the mandate of his former party in doing so.

The law is clear on this.
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Olaolufred(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
one mopol: let him enter the APC first , that is when he will understand that he has entered 1 chance.

Pls, go to 1999 constitution as amended and copy out conditions under which their seats can be declared vacant.
I want to discuss that with you.
If not, I will take you for an ignorant fellow.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by kogigovt: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
Are you from Kogi State or a friend of a Kogite? Follow @kogigovt on twitter for day-to-day information from the confluence state. Tweets from 1st Jan 2014.
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by Dhelake: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
Do you smoke weed??
Re: Breaking! Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Dumps PDP For APC by onemopol: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

Pls, go to 1999 constitution as amended and copy out conditions under which their seats can be declared vacant.
I want to discuss that with you.
If not, I will take you for an ignorant fellow.

Why not start by telling me why they will retain their seats after defection when clearly the mandate is a party mandate. Please don't quote the usual lame line that PDP has benefited from this defections in the past. Go straight to the man issue.

waiting ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Move Against Medical Tourism / Edo Election: APC In Large Margin Lead In Edo North / APC To Begin Screening Of Presidential Hopefuls On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.