Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil (46122 Views)

Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine / Nutritional Benefits Of Onion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by emmabest2000(m): 5:36am On Jan 05, 2014
chi4ik: I trust Nsukka people in Enugu state, their palm oil is the best in Africa, in fact in d world. They Value palm oil more that any other oil $ it's a serious business there, especially @ Obollo-Afor market...
Dudu you are on point , Obollo Afor bu ndi ji ukwu asu akwu grin

Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by bank2k4real(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy Sunday....check my signature.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by freshness2020: 9:03am On Jan 05, 2014
What an eye opener..love this Piece.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by madueke6363(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2014
but one yeye doctor tell me say he they block heart
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Jummymine(f): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2014
what we have always known is that palmoil is not good for one's body.now this one is saying something else.I dont even know which one to believe.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by arimahoseloka(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2014
Palm oıl helps me ın stoppıng stomach ache. It works lıke magıc. Ive always preferred ıt to any other oıl.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Palm oil all the way.The only thing I don't use it for is for frying eggs...
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by olas24u(f): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=madueke6363]but one yeye doctor tell me say he they block heart[/quo
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by GentleFrank(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Nice info !
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Divasleek(f): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
bluerange: hmmm..and am buying the quantity that will only fill a La Casera bottle for N700 here in Kenya and not even up to the quality of the oil we have back home!
Kenya of all places
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by halimattt(f): 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
my husband will not eat my soup if I didn't use palm oil.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by latrust(f): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks for sharing
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Jodasy: 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
I also learn't it contains cholesterol and as such,causes heart failure.what is your take?
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Jodasy: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Palm oil also serves as anti-poison.when it's given 2 anyone suspect to have swallowed poison,it neutralises it instantly

1 Like

Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by magictouch: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
What do i bliv now after reading an article sometime ago on NL that totally rubished red palm oil
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by olas24u(f): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=magictouch]What do i bliv now after reading an article sometime ago on NL that totally rubished red palm oil[/quote

Olive Oil in better
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by dominique(f): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
when we were younger,my sisters used to tease me for choosing palmoil to eat yam rather than eggs (still dont like egg that much now). they need to read this piece tongue
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Mekanus(m): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Any oil that freezes/solidifies at room temperature is not good for the heart and blood vessels. A typical red palm oil will always freeze at room temperature unlike soybean oil and olive oil. Even the groundnut oil also does the same wt red palm oil. Research shows that the palm oil or groundnut oil when present in the blood also tends to freeze and thereby obstructing the flow of blood in the blood vessels. And due to modernization, palm oil produced in industrial scale is even worse because they do not seperate the oil properly from a by-product we call 'oguru' in my dialect (Izhiangbo, Ebonyi state). But the palm oil produced localy is properly seperated from the oguru and therefore has a lower tendency of freezing at room temperature. And from what i have observed Ebonyi state produces the best palm oil in terms of quality (but not quantity) because most of the oil is processed localy.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by olanje: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
bluerange: hmmm..and am buying the quantity that will only fill a La Casera bottle for N700 here in Kenya and not even up to the quality of the oil we have back home!
Naira in kenya? Pls tell me wat I don't knw
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by dominique(f): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mekanus: Any oil that freezes/solidifies at room temperature is not good for the heart and blood vessels. A typical red palm oil will always freeze at room temperature unlike soybean oil and olive oil. Even the groundnut oil also does the same wt red palm oil. Research shows that the palm oil or groundnut oil when present in the blood also tends to freeze and thereby obstructing the flow of blood in the blood vessels. And due to modernization, palm oil produced in industrial scale is even worse because they do not seperate the oil properly from a by-product we call 'oguru' in my dialect (Izhiangbo, Ebonyi state). But the palm oil produced localy is properly seperated from the oguru and therefore has a lower tendency of freezing at room temperature. And from what i have observed Ebonyi state produces the best palm oil in terms of quality (but not quantity) because most of the oil is processed localy.

except if you're a cold blooded animal, i dont see any reason why you should be worried about palmoil solidifying in your system. your insides are warmer than room temperature wink
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Mekanus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
dominique:

except if you're a cold blooded animal, i dont see any reason why you should be worried about palmoil solidifying in your system. your insides are warmer than room temperature wink
even at body temperature they can still solidify. Imagine the kind of temp. U subject ur g.nut oil that has solidified before they melt
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Rexyl(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
I like it better in all soups than vegetable oil which I like for frying and dish of rice.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by ignis: 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Good...
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:02am On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks for d info.I love yam, coco-yam and red palm oil.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Beync(f): 10:24am On Jan 07, 2014
Oh yeah! Tank gawd we have white yam with red oil in our lunch list todaycheesy

drnoel: it has also been implicated in the developement of high calorie associated diseases. Besides I wonder why one would want to consume something that is so remarkably used in the production of soaps, detergents and creams
it's not the pure red oil that is use for soap production, I think it's the byproduct of red oil. Fiber or something.
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Juleah: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2014
Is there blue palm oil? Just wondering y red was specified
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Faith2002: 8:11am On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=etunoman76]Red palm oil is healthier than olive oil and coconut oil and has been proven to reverse the symptoms of heart disease and protect against certain canc

Move over olive and coconut—there’s a new oil in town proven even more effective at cutting the risk of heart disease and degenerative illnesses: red palm oil.
Is
Red palm oil has been celebrated as a healing tonic among ancient civilizations, but has been overlooked by modern health practitioners due to its mistaken similarities to palm kernel oil. Both palm kernel and red palm oil originate from the oil palm Elaeis guineesis. But palm kernel oil is derived from the seed, while red palm oil is extracted from the fruit.

Recent research suggests that the two aren’t as alike as previously thought, as red palm oil has shown superior health benefits to not only palm kernel oil, but to virtually every other edible oil on the planet! In fact, Dr. Oz claims, “none compare to the powerful nutritional virtues of red palm oil.”

A Nutritional Powerhouse

Rich in phytonutrients, red palm oil owes the majority of its antioxidant super powers to its high concentration of carotenes and tocotrienols. You’ve probably heard about carotenes such as lycopene and beta-carotene, which lend the bright red and orange hues—and powerful health benefits—to tomatoes and carrots. Red palm oil significantly contains more potent levels of these phytonutrients.

Tocotrienols are a superior form of vitamin E (40 to 60 times more powerful than tocopherols) that control free radicals and inflammation (the primary cause of heart disease). Tocotrienols are also powerful anti-cancer agents that help ward off cancers of the skin, stomach, pancreas, liver, lung, colon, prostate and breast.

Over 700 published studies have shown that tocotrienols have an unprecedented number of health benefits when combined with the other super nutrients in red palm oil, which include: a unique complex of phytosterolsplant squaleneco-enzyme Q10carotenes

Unprecedented Health Benefits

Red palm oil is an overall immune system tonic that improves liver detoxification and can help treat non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NFLAD). It protects against osteoporosis and arthritis. Both tocotrienols and mixed carotenes naturally accumulate in the outermost layer of the epidermis, thereby shielding hair and skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.

However, the most well-documented and scientifically validated nutritional benefit of red palm oil relates to heart health. Even though red palm oil is high in saturated fat, it actually helps prevent and reverse heart disease. Studies have shown that the oil breaks down plague buildup in the arteries and prevents blockages from forming.

Red palm oil is a potent natural anti-inflammatory, and as such helps to prevent inflammation in the artery lining. Science has now confirmed that inflammation in the arterial linings is the major cause of cholesterol buildup! Red palm oil naturally improves cholesterol and lowers high blood pressure.

A study funded by the National Institutes of Health found that red palm oil reduces your risk of stroke by 50% due to its protective effects on brain cells. The super vitamin E in red palm oil stimulates blood flow to the brain and also defends against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia!

Sustainable Red Palm Oil

Unfortunately, red palm oil is the subject of much controversy. Production and demand of red palm oil have led to deforestation and the demise of the orangutan population. In 2004, a nonprofit organization called the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) was founded to partner conservation groups with palm oil firms in order to create more sustainable manufacturing practices. When looking for palm oil, make sure it carries the RSPO stamp of approval.

Red palm oil should also carry the labels “virgin” and “organic.” When processed and refined, red palm oil loses not only its dark color… but also all of its nutritional benefits. If ever you see red palm oil listed as an ingredient in processed snack food, you can be sure it’s not the heart healthy kind.

Experts recommend that to treat a chronic health condition or for a dose of extra protection, supplement with one to two tablespoons of virgin organic RSPO-approved red palm oil daily.= = = = = = = = = = =

This is such a revelation and a relief from all the myths. I have really been wondering how it didn’t affect our fathers who lived so long in great health yet had palm oil completely as part of their life.
One main delicacy - white yam and palm oil

One main delicacy – white yam and palm oil

I had believed that cold pressed Palm oil is the best as most of the nutrients are destroyed from cooking, surprisingly & interestingly I read from Abeng News Magazine, that unlike many other foods that lose their nutrients when heated, much of the nutrients of palm oil remains intact after extensive boilin
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by naijainfogalery: 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Naakai Palm Oil - Red Palm Oil has been used for both nutritional and medicinal purposes for thousands of years. It not only supplies fatty acids essential for proper growth and development, but it is packed with an assortment of vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients important for good health.

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/naakai
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by chibuzor05(m): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
Some other information on the nutritional and health benefits of palm oil can be found in the link below

http://www.naijahealthhub.com/2016/03/nutritional-and-health-benefits-of-red-palm-oil.html
Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by BenEdet(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2016
[b][/b]Happy sunday to you all Happy sunday to you all

Re: Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil by Nobody: 7:28am On May 31, 2019
This work has navigated right into my heart. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever / Cancer Killer Fruit. / How Healthplus Pharmacy Founder And 11 Family Members Survived COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.