Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (36711 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by LordAdam: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
KenGali:

You need to go research on this your atheism, Atheism refers to the lack of deities, Theism refers to the existence of at least one deity. If you do not believe a conscious super being exist, then you only believe in random processing that are unconscious. I think you are confused as to what atheism is, do not just adopt the lastest buzz word coming from Wall Street. You need to find out exactly what it is before spreading the word like you are doing.

The dude sounds like an Agnostic. Although his view is quite unique, he subscribes to the premise of creationism, just not by a being deemed to be revered as "God". It's a mixed bag, but that's an Agnostic signature right there.

Ahem, about intelligent design. It's very compelling on both the macro and micro level of observation that the intricacies are too complex to be ascribed to mere chance. But that's just it, nothing more than a statement of logic. A simple 'what if', pulls the curtain on this surprising conclusion.

Because on both ends of the scale, life and the universe or universes (if the multi-verse theory deserves recognition) are (as far as we know) self-sustaining. Where did Intelligent design start, and when did it end? Evidently, the universe is still expanding, new galaxies are forming as old ones are being obliterated at a bewildering rate at incomprehensible locations. Even at that, new species, strains and adaptations on both the macro- and microscopic scale are evident on life forms on this planet, who then can rule out the possibility of life elsewhere in contrasting living conditions. What if life as we know it is not same somewhere else, do we ascribe it to a deft being or simply a process that seems to hinge on luck and chance.

The only critter of sanity is postulating that unless there's justifiable proof, demonstrative rather than implicating: we stick to what we know. Some evolution theories are frankly hilarious or dead-beat ludicrous, but the religious accounts are more absurd.

Intelligent design is compelling, but it does not prove the existence of God, if anything it only explicates the need for us to understand our immediate environment because there's a lot to learn.

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Infomizer(m): 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
tete7000:
The basic moral code in Christianity which is the TEN COMMANDMENT has never changed and remain the same till date. What seems to have cause confusion is how to arrive at what the commandments require. For instance what constitute stealing and what constitute fornication, adultery, etc. This has been the major bane in Christendom. However deep in the heart of God nothing has changed in the law.
On your argument on the fact that rules changed in the bible from Genesis to Revelation, I totally disagree. A Christian God is one who progressively revealed himself to man from Genesis to Revelation. Everything in the bible is about one Individual: CHRIST. He is the ultimate Revelation of God, the One who is the Ultimate fulfilment of the Law. When He ascended He sent the Spirit to further lead humanity to all truth. The truth does not change, for Christ says I am the truth and Life.
On whether there are bad atheist, I am not sure there is a good one or bad one. I only know they are a group of people who are united by one common goal: to deny existence of God. They never postulated a universal doctrine of behavior. They seem to speak with one language as far as they need to attack God. Remove God and cold war similar to one between the Americans and Russians immediately after Germany- a common enemy capitulated will develop. Your people have no code of conduct that unite them, Christians at least even with infighting still have basis upon which they agree or disagree as may apply depending on whether you are talking inter or intra denominational.
Finally an atheist like you cannot understand or translate the scripture which requires FAITH rather than pure REASON to understand, as such you cannot be in a position to lecture a faithful person about an experience you do not posses. If you seek my experience []throw reason away[/b] and adopt FAITH without which no man can please God

Hi,
With respect to what was emboldened,
1. God has a heart? Does it pump blood?
I now understand why they say man has created god in his own image.
2. Throw reason away? The last time I checked, reason has brought human civilization this far. Not faith as you imply.
#mythoughts
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
KenGali:

It will be inimical to blame the corrupt mindset that pave Nigeria on religion. Half the people that say they are religious are there only for the social benefits. I think it is either a sociological defect or a genetic defect.

Need I remind you that almost all the principles that define the modern world, from Democracy, to freedom, and human rights are rooted from the Judeo Christian religion, Not to talk of even legal processes. What has failed woefully is the Nigerian brand of religion, not the existence of God.

What we are sure off is that some countries have succeeded with religion. What is to be tested in the next century is whether these countries can succeed again without religion. Can men show empathy and compassion at the level required for a society to survive, without having a religious conviction prompting them to do so. The next 50 to 100 years will tell.
Wrong again.You're just peddling the same fallacious argument that morals grew out of religion.On the contrary,religion emerged after morality and built upon morality by expanding the social scrutiny of individual behavior to include supernatural agents. By including ever-watchful ancestors, spirits and gods into the social realm
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
@meandsum;
by MeandSum: 2:07pm On Jan 01

Mayowakadry: If u r not OK with d Bible and it inconsistencies, then try Islam and read d Quran (with English translation), u will find out it makes more sense!- my personal opinion since am a Muslim.

I hope that's a joke smiley You realize the Quran is based on the Bible. Correct?
you are correctly incorrect. for you to have been correct the Quran would have copied the Gospels, Acts and the writings of Paul, each of which you believe. to be accused the Quran on anything from the Bible is terrible. you don't even take the laws in the OT because you already agreed from Paul that the laws are nailed to the cross along with the one that was nailed. but if the one nailed remained alive, then the laws remained alive as well. this is a sign of your warped understanding of Jesus and the message he came with.

@generalshepherd; all you have to discover is that there is God while the rest of us are His creations. just like Manufacturer manufactures automobile, the auto didn't just happen to appear. it was conceptualized, assembled in stages and such an auto on its own will be malfunctioning to act contrary to the manual of the designer.

Allah is your Creator and Islam is the Way He commands and Quran is the manual, delivered through the dealer, Muhammad [SA]. bring your mom to this reality as well. best wishes.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by roymary: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
lolaxavier:
Logic has not failed the world. It has only failed the likes of Nigeria, other African and Middle East countries who indulge in baseless religious worship. Kill religion from the affairs of Nigeria and it will amaze you how rapid positive changes will start setting in. Even countries that brought these religions to us are not this crazy and stupid the way you people go about it. Rubbisshhhhhhhh.......

Logic has failed the world. Its not one-dimensional. Lets talk about homosexuality---America which you admire so much acknowledge the act and sees nothing wrong in it. Logically, is homosexuality appropriate? Stop the false alarm and face whats vital- the problem with Nigeria is bad governance! Put the basic amenities in place in Ikeja and you'll have a city more beautiful than you have in Downtown Chicago. This has little or nothing to do with religion. I do not need God to tell me to train and feed my kids properly.

Logic has failed the world. Lets talk about War. The NWO invaded Iraq , i thought that would stop the bombing and killing--million of dollars down the drain, thousands of human lives lost. Where is the successful logic here??

I dunno how y'all grew up but someone did not do a great job telling most kids about Christ hence we have men and women from Christian homes who turned out to be atheists. Its disgraceful but it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by LordAdam: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
KenGali:

It will be inimical to blame the corrupt mindset that pave Nigeria on religion. Half the people that say they are religious are there only for the social benefits. I think it is either a sociological defect or a genetic defect.

Need I remind you that almost all the principles that define the modern world, from Democracy, to freedom, and human rights are rooted from the Judeo Christian religion, Not to talk of even legal processes. What has failed woefully is the Nigerian brand of religion, not the existence of God.

What we are sure off is that some countries have succeeded with religion. What is to be tested in the next century is whether these countries can succeed again without religion. Can men show empathy and compassion at the level required for a society to survive, without having a religious conviction prompting them to do so. The next 50 to 100 years will tell.

I admit you argue your point quite literary, but you miss important minutiae. The principles that define the modern world are products of secularism not a Judeo-Christian baseline. The fundamental belief of democracy and equality has been in man from the beginning of known history, a few advanced Greeks confounded this concept before Abraham Lincoln was cradled. The history books will enlighten you.

All enviable periods of human achievement has been at the times of more secularism and less astuteness to religion. The Islamic Golden Age was during the time of peaceful co-habitation between the prevailing Muslims and subordinate religions. Same as the renaissance was fueled by the increasing gap between religion and state.

It is not surprising that many of the OECD countries have a high number of non-religious people. Even the Scandinavians with established church states have a very open secular society.

Basing modern achievements on religion is a fallacy. Take out the religious bashing in the world, and this world would make more sense. There's no misrepresentation in the fact that third-world countries and high conflict incident areas are predominantly religious.

Atheists and people without religious convictions pay taxes, are environmental conscious, are charitable, are law-abiding, and are capable of compassion and empathy. The idea that the non-existence of religion would lead to a fatal doom of the present world order is as disturbing as it is ignoble. The opposite is true, rather unfortunately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
LordAdam:
Intelligent design is compelling, but it does not prove the existence of God, if anything it only explicates the need for us to understand our immediate environment because there's a lot to learn.
My thoughts exactly!May I add here,if we agree on the concept of intelligent design,does this great design or designer intelligently designed the tsunamis,earthquakes,floods,conflagrations,cancers of all kinds,the fly vector that causes river blindness,filariasis or podoconiosis that causes elephantiasis etc etc.Or is it just the beautiful things theists wants us to believe to the exclusion of the bad ones

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by parkuel(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
To all d atheists out there. I knw if u wanna b smart, i might all also say there is no GOD buh a wise person wud bliv dere is a GOD. Nt bcuz he has a proof buh bcuz he tot twice. wat if the believers are right, wat if dere is really a GOD dat wud punish me 4 my wrong doings. COME TO TINK OF IT, WAT HURT WUD IT DO U IF U BLIV?
NOW LETS TINK SMARTLY & WISELY.
A smart n wise man wud bliv n worship buh wont b extreme in it. He wud worship moderately so dat he'll b able to present sumtin if d believers turns out rite.
BLESS YOU ALL
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by JonesK: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
cold:
My thoughts exactly!May I add here,if we agree on the concept of intelligent design,does this great design or designer intelligently designed the tsunamis,earthquakes,floods,conflagrations,cancers of all kinds,the fly vector that causes river blindness,filariasis or podoconiosis that causes elephantiasis etc etc.Or is it just the beautiful things theists wants us to believe to the exclusion of the bad ones

Yup, he/she created everything. You have to admit, there are a great deal of processes involved in every one of those things you listed
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by LordAdam: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
roymary:

Logic has failed the world. Its not one-dimensional. Lets talk about homosexuality---America which you admire so much acknowledge the act and sees nothing wrong in it. Logically, is homosexuality appropriate? Stop the false alarm and face whats vital- the problem with Nigeria is bad governance! Put the basic amenities in place in Ikeja and you'll have a city more beautiful than you have in Downtown Chicago. This has little or nothing to do with religion. I do not need God to tell me to train and feed my kids properly.

Logic has failed the world. Lets talk about War. The NWO invaded Iraq , i thought that would stop the bombing and killing--million of dollars down the drain, thousands of human lives lost. Where is the successful logic here??

I dunno how y'all grew up but someone did not do a great job telling most kids about Christ hence we have men and women from Christian homes who turned out to be atheists. Its disgraceful but it is what it is.

Mate you reek of bigotry. Someone did not do a great job telling most kids about tolerance and mutual respect, hence we have men and women from Religious homes who turned out to be homophobes, and religious bigots. Its disgraceful but it is what it is.

And with all due respect, you don't know zilch about logic, as you can't grasp it's fundamental tenets. Which is why it is insulting to read your comment.

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
KenGali:

Maybe you need to cite one or two countries that fit into your argument...The truth is that religion has even paved more way for corruption and social and economic instability. Like I earlier mentioned, dissociate the country from religious excuses and you'll be amazed how the country will be propelled out of its misery. We do not need prayer to put functioning security facilities and measures in place. Countries that have successfully done this never hinged their security on prayers. They hinged it on physical making...
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
roymary:
You do realise this your Jesus story is just a plagiarised version of other gods who lived thousands of years before the birth of Christ right?It is sad you need an atheist to teach you this but it is what is

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by wittytezzy(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
NLanders! And Nigerians at large!
All beware! Godlessness is the font et origo of our backwardness...which of our leaders or even we the followers obey his/her sole creator? We are so engulfed in chasing the world, chasing shadows, chasing vanities, while everything could get to an instant halt anytime, then we move on to the world of no return, the eternal world!
@OP if you are acting as to your thinking I can tell you you are well on track May the creator see you to the destination of belief for you are 50% better off than creatures that knows not their creator thus calling on false god(s)
The only weapon you need to rescue yourself from this quagmire is all but knowldge, get enlightened! From the right source, not from fabricators, not from hypocrites and also not from ignoramuses
And that is what Islam is all about "know Me, for if you don't know Me, how then will you worship me?"
Look at yourself, your enviroment, nature in whole they are creation (they do not create themselves) and they are manifestations of their Creator! MAY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by roymary: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
LordAdam:

Mate you reek of bigotry. Someone did not do a great job telling most kids about tolerance and mutual respect, hence we have men and women from Religious homes who turned out to be homophobes, and religious bigots. Its disgraceful but it is what it is.

And with all due respect, you don't know zilch about logic, as you can't grasp it's fundamental tenets. Which is why it is insulting to read your comment.

I would not be replying you nor your likes if i do not tolerate/ have mutual respect. No iota of insult/disrespect in all i have written. Its all in your mind-

If you are not able to enumerate your points vividly- You might as well ignore my comments.

Religion aside, i do not see the sensible logic in homosexuality. Its a failed invention and nothing genuinely productive has come out of it. You are not going to shove that insanity down my throat. Its a disorder and anyone that indulges in such act should seek physical and spiritual help.

Logic has failed the world hence the uprisings and nauseating acts that flies here and there. You are your own person and i would not choose for you---So bigotry is trivial at the end of the day.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by qhiwegh(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
cold:
You do realise this your Jesus story is just a plagiarised version of other gods who lived thousands of years before the birth of Christ right?It is sad you need an atheist to teach you this but it is what is

Before your Satanic diagrams of lies and deceit turn another soul from Christ, you must be banned from NL. I pray that God grants the moderators with wisdom to ban you for life.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by roymary: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
cold:

Sir, there is nothing new i would say to you. Knowing Christ in His true form and how much you believe in him is not physical but more of spirituality. That's what makes it hard on people like you. You need to experience it to believe it . I have experienced it and believe in Jesus as the son of God- When it comes to Christ, atheist do not understand its not all literal.

Teach me about Christ ?? When it comes to the issue of Christ you are NOT an intellect. The message has been delivered- its up to you to believe or purge it.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by 2sign: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
when u have a problem and come to naira land to get and,then DT person must be really dumb
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by olumidaie(m): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Okija_juju:

Also from the mouth of Jesus

Matthew 23:17 "You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?"

And...

Luke 11:40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Judge Jesus by his words...

Dont ask me, Ask Jesus.. The gods are wise..

weeeeellllllllllllllllllllll JESUS actually went to HELL to dump the sins of the world on Devil's bad head; so he actually fulfilled his promise.

LsmileyL LsmileyL LsmileyL
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by ibedun: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don't believe in any of the nonsense and I am proud.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by SHAAWA: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Op.....if a phone, a car, house, a chair, tv all have creators or manufacturers.
How can you expect the universe, man, animals, sun, moon e.t.c as
complex as they are not to have a creator?
That creator is known as God. There are so many religions on earth research deeply and choose the one that is logical to you.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
LordAdam:

The dude sounds like an Agnostic. Although his view is quite unique, he subscribes to the premise of creationism, just not by a being deemed to be revered as "God". It's a mixed bag, but that's an Agnostic signature right there.

Ahem, about intelligent design. It's very compelling on both the macro and micro level of observation that the intricacies are too complex to be ascribed to mere chance. But that's just it, nothing more than a statement of logic. A simple 'what if', pulls the curtain on this surprising conclusion.

Because on both ends of the scale, life and the universe or universes (if the multi-verse theory deserves recognition) are (as far as we know) self-sustaining. Where did Intelligent design start, and when did it end? Evidently, the universe is still expanding, new galaxies are forming as old ones are being obliterated at a bewildering rate at incomprehensible locations. Even at that, new species, strains and adaptations on both the macro- and microscopic scale are evident on life forms on this planet, who then can rule out the possibility of life elsewhere in contrasting living conditions. What if life as we know it is not same somewhere else, do we ascribe it to a deft being or simply a process that seems to hinge on luck and chance.

The only critter of sanity is postulating that unless there's justifiable proof, demonstrative rather than implicating: we stick to what we know. Some evolution theories are frankly hilarious or dead-beat ludicrous, but the religious accounts are more absurd.

I am not one to be indifferent or unsure about Gods existence, I just do not shove my belief down other people throats. So am not Agnostic either.
I guess you do not grasp the real direction of my pointer on multiverses. The question is that we already know that our sun will die someday. We think probably that universes are being obliterated all the time. The question is in all these randomness, why not ours yet? I do not yet want to go to the more familiar issue of the suitability of earth as a living place. But the real MaCoy is that removing purposeful design from the equation which is accompanied by a purpose, you wonder what was the essence of the billions of years of evolution if one day, the whole thing will be randomly wiped out totally, and the materials and energy recycled for another Big Bang.

Atheism is based on some illusion that we live in a stable place , where ghostly random processes can just pop out beings. It is not just that the earth is currently spinning at a whooping speed, that a bash by asteroids could knock it out of orbit, or that the sun is one day going to be a red giant and then a black hole, but also that the whole universe could become obliterated at any time. Can you sit down and do a rough mental calculation of the probability that the stability you are enjoying now was not due to a purposeful and conscious effort? It is so slim, that believing such is downright silly!

Intelligent design my dear friend, is a complete proof of the existence of a designer, a purposeful one at that. Even Cold admits that, he is only struggling with the definition of a designer as an entity with consciousness and purpose.

Last let me advise you to explore and conquer, if men were sticking only to what they know, which I assume you mean what their senses can detect, you won't even have a mere television in your house, cause you cannot see electromagnetic waves. You will probably be naked in one jungle trying to catch your next meal with your bare hands at this moment.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
cold:
Dude lack of deities does not necessarily translate to 'we came from nothing' Can you please point me in the direction of any renowned atheist who said man came from nothing? We say the creation story is rubbish,the Yahweh God is a fraud,same goes for the Persian Allah & the rest of them. Evolution is a more realistic theorem than your 6 day creation story in a Jewish book of fables.
Let me state for the record. If you insist this god came from nothing,it is only safe to say we came from nothing too. No?

Dude a deity is a conscious divine, none human being. Can you tell me something else that is conscious and designs except beings? stop confusing yourself. If you do not believe in the existence of non- human beings then the only thing you can believe in are random processes. Even evolution is outside that as it is a well articulated process that needs design and an initialisation or seeding, hence falls I to the purview of a designer.

I have spent more than half of my life studying the processes attributed to intelligent design. I will be very silly to be listening to any renown man telling me nobody is responsible for them. So I sure do not know any renown atheist.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
LordAdam:

You evidently missed my point. Morals have a forbearance--even if not realised--on empathy. You subconsciously do good instead of evil for the diminutive reason of the impact it'd have. How can you be so inanely concerned of the tenacity of your action without a corresponding sense of empathy? I'm beleaguered by this concept.
you are right about moral having forebearance but about been inanely concerns about actions without empathy that I beg to disagree. You can be taught to be good (or bad) without you thinking of any purpose except that which you are taught will be ur reward. That is my point. Unless empathy have another meaning I don't know than I'm getting ur point.
n/b maybe ur are beleagured because you are not making urself clear enough
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
LordAdam:

I admit you argue your point quite literary, but you miss important minutiae. The principles that define the modern world are products of secularism not a Judeo-Christian baseline. The fundamental belief of democracy and equality has been in man from the beginning of known history, a few advanced Greeks confounded this concept before Abraham Lincoln was cradled. The history books will enlighten you.

All enviable periods of human achievement has been at the times of more secularism and less astuteness to religion. The Islamic Golden Age was during the time of peaceful co-habitation between the prevailing Muslims and subordinate religions. Same as the renaissance was fueled by the increasing gap between religion and state.

It is not surprising that many of the OECD countries have a high number of non-religious people. Even the Scandinavians with established church states have a very open secular society.

Basing modern achievements on religion is a fallacy. Take out the religious bashing in the world, and this world would make more sense. There's no misrepresentation in the fact that third-world countries and high conflict incident areas are predominantly religious.

Atheists and people without religious convictions pay taxes, are environmental conscious, are charitable, are law-abiding, and are capable of compassion and empathy. The idea that the non-existence of religion would lead to a fatal doom of the present world order is as disturbing as it is ignoble. The opposite is true, rather unfortunately.

Ha ha. Do not be too fast to copy every new trend. Your points are flawed in that mult-religiousness is not secularism. Make the distinction. Nigeria as an example is multi- religious but not secular. I put it to you again, that the world we live in today was born out of religious societies. We are yet to see what we will create by putting away religion. Do not preempt me, I have not said it will be bad, but I do know humans have a tendency to react like animals when they do not feel an innate responsibility to someone. It is still a test that my generation and yours will live out.

I will give you an example. I walked through some parks in UK, I saw seats placed by people in a religious remember of loved ones. The issue is they are all old, I did not come across such a benevolence that was of recent times. Who will bring forward the benevolence of the future? Govt?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
lolaxavier:

Maybe you need to cite one or two countries that fit into your argument...The truth is that religion has even paved more way for corruption and social and economic instability. Like I earlier mentioned, dissociate the country from religious excuses and you'll be amazed how the country will be propelled out of its misery. We do not need prayer to put functioning security facilities and measures in place. Countries that have successfully done this never hinged their security on prayers. They hinged it on physical making...

Again your problem is not religion, but you poor productivity and corrupt mindset. The corrupt and untrust worthy attitude of people in the Niger region was attested to by the British long before we became a country. Personally I think we are running an old or inferior software in our brains. The 200 year old canal system that propped British industry to its heights where not necessarily built by unreligious men. If you remove religion from Nigerians, they will. Still be as unproductive as ever.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
roymary:

Sir, there is nothing new i would say to you. Knowing Christ in His true form and how much you believe in him is not physical but more of spirituality. That's what makes it hard on people like you. You need to experience it to believe it . I have experienced it and believe in Jesus as the son of God- When it comes to Christ, atheist do not understand its not all literal.

Teach me about Christ ?? When it comes to the issue of Christ you are NOT an intellect. The message has been delivered- its up to you to believe or purge it.
The only thing you know about this Jesus is solely based on what you've been indoctrinated with and what you have read in your Jewish storybook which in any event, the present day Jews have written off as rubbish!Even the Jews whom this so called Jesus came to save do not believe he is the messiah.You don't think they know something we don't?Or are you going to give me the worn out cliché 'a prophet is never recognised in his own country'.Yeah right,cool story.Bottomline,Jesus if indeed he did exist was conceived via sexual intercours3 and lived like any other ordinary Jew in his time.The great feats attributed to him are only outlandish stories plagiarised from other religions and spiced up by slave owning Jewish and Roman story tellers.For the record,you have not experienced anything you wouldn't have experienced with other religions,outside religion,gods or no gods.it's all in the mind

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
KenGali:
I have spent more than half of my life studying the processes attributed to intelligent design. I will be very silly to be listening to any renown man telling me nobody is responsible for them. So I sure do not know any renown atheist.
Since you have spent this many years studying life processes and you're so sure we are a product of an intelligent designer.Care to tell us who this intelligent designer is and stop going round in circles.Truth is,you do not know like everyone else.You just need to make yourself feel better by submitting to a superior being that isn't there but it helps you feel safer that way.

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=cold][/quote]
Can u deny that belief in a God work for some people? with all the nonsense the like of folykase and macoh have been posting about believe in God, those guys are still believe in something. In fact, some of their believes sound so rediculous that fellow athiest called them foolish for the same reasons they attack christainity. I want to ask, why will those guy clinch to a belief that is considered stupid by fellow "enlighten"? The answer is there is some in for them. So if u wish to see something in God, you will and if u wish to also see something in wood sculpture painted with red name okija or sango, u will.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
cold:
Since you have spent this many years studying life processes and you're so sure we are a product of an intelligent designer.Care to tell us who this intelligent designer is and stop making assumptions.Truth is,you do not know like everyone else.You just need to make yourself feel better by submitting to a superior being that isn't there but it helps you feel safer that way

Processes not just life processes. And if he or them can make such designs as we see, I see no reason why you should not consider him superior as am sure you and I cannot make a stone in this time. I am very safe and confident in his ability to design stable systems in the most volatile environment cause I have seen plenty of such designs of his. And yes I will not allow you the satisfaction of ascribing him to any particular religion. Let's not loose focus my friend, the question is, Is there someone, conscious and purposeful? If yes, then there is no room for Atheism, it sounds too silly in the face of what we know of the world.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
KenGali:

Processes not just life processes. And if he or them can make such designs as we see, I see no reason why you should not consider him superior as am sure you and I cannot make a stone in this time. I am very safe and confident in his ability to design stable systems in the most volatile environment cause I have seen plenty of such designs of his. And yes I will not allow you the satisfaction of ascribing him to any particular religion. Let's not loose focus my friend, the question is, Is there someone, conscious and purposeful? If yes, then there is no room for Atheism, it sounds too silly in the face of what we know of the world.
I deliberately left out religion from my comment. My question is who exactly is this 'someone' you so desperately want to credit with the world we live in. Stop prevaricating and tell me who or what this thing is. And we might just as well begin another debate from whence he came. It's an argument of consistent regression. You only cling tenaciously to this notion of intelligent design because it is some sort of consolation. The 'God gap theory'. If you can't explain it God did it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / Young Muslims In The UK Clean Up Street After New Year's Eve Celebrations / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.