Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (36785 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by PopeXanderVII: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
ndu_chucks: The idea that one stops believing that there is a God because one believes that God is cruel, is the dummest idea ever. If you believe that God allows bad things to happen to good people, and thus conclude that God does not exist, then you should be enlightened that believing that something does not exist, in of itself, confirms the existence of such a thing.

Conclusion: you must be a lazy mumu who decides that God does not exist because your analysis, done, with your limited brain, is fundamentally flawed.

I can't believe a thinking human presented this as an Argument!!

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
This post has been hidden
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
The fool says in his heart, 'there is no God' Psalm53:1. Decipher the rest.

4 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by PopeXanderVII: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: The fool says in his heart, 'there is no God' Psalm53:1. Decipher the rest.

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Matthew 5:22

Straight from the mouth of Jesus.

23 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
POPE II:

So what are you now? An atheist or a pagan?

I am me.. A living, breathing human who wold live and die one day.. That's all!

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by buskie13(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
Foolishnesssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
mazaje:

Why do you keep telling lies, the one and only true god is allah. . .Believe in him and his last messenger mohammed or perish, you are own your own. . .if you need more information go get a copy of the words of allah(the koran) and be his slave. . .Don't say i didn't warn you about the impending danger you will face when you die for not accepting the only true religion and revelation that was given to mankind. . .. . .
mohammed ko, abdulahi ni. I hate mohammed, i hate his life. He was a womaniser, he could not control his sexual drive. His life is not different from a thugs. Thats y i'm sure he is burning in hell, unless of course he accepted Jesus before his mysterious death. angry

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: The fool says in his heart, 'there is no God' Psalm53:1. Decipher the rest.

Matthew 5:22 ESV

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Judge yourself...

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Matthew 5:22 ESV

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Judge yourself...
Trust me. You're getting things twisted.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
My advice:

1. Attend new comers and believers class
2. Attend baptismal class
3. Read the bible, attend bible classes and sunday services

Ask Jesus to come and take control of your life.

And see how God would manifest greatly upon your life. .

Then you would realise, that God has given you the greatest mum on earth. .

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by DJDOLA(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
U can never see a muslim become an atheist..but see a good christian dat will turn 2 atheist

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
some commentators re possessed. if u knw u re 1 of. dem u can reply me.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pope Xander VII:

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Matthew 5:22

Straight from the mouth of Jesus.

Also from the mouth of Jesus

Matthew 23:17 "You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?"

And...

Luke 11:40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Judge Jesus by his words...

Dont ask me, Ask Jesus.. The gods are wise..

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by emmyskies(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Kneel down, take a moment, forget who you were, just concentrate on nothing, let nothing fill your mind, close your eyes and meditate on each words you'll be saying. Start by telling GOD that you're sorry for living the way you have been living, that you're sorry and will like to know Him and serve Him. Tell Him that you didnt grow up to learn to pray to Him, or study the Bible, or believe in Him but you're ready to do all of that now. Say "JESUS, you are the way, the truth and the light please come into my life and change me for good. I repent of my past mistakes, teach me your way and prove to me that you are GOD" say the prayer by faith, for He is the GOD that answers prayer. In your heart, be ready to accept Christ and His teaching, the HOLY SPIRIT help you. Attend a true church as the Deeper Life Bible Church. It'll help you. I wish you the very best. I thank GOD for using your mum to make you realise your stance. GOD bless you

4 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by adsonstone: 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP;

Of course I believe your mum has a reason for believing there's a God which she wants you to see and she's not 'deluded' as atheists see theists.

Since you have once been a theist and you did not see those reasons/find them worthy, I think you should not just pretend to be one because it is of no use and besides, it won't make a difference perhaps, it will make things worse in the long-run

@ other Atheists,
I think you haven't still understood the concept of a God who wasn't created but created all things.

P.S.
Atheists, Open a thread and invite me for a dialogue.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Also from the mouth of Jesus

Matthew 23:17 "You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?"

And...

Luke 11:40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Judge Jesus by his words...

Dont ask me, Ask Jesus.. The gods are wise..
Jesus should and must be in hell: use the medallion to kill the medallion.

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by andyanders: 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Since I officially dumped the idea of a god, I haven't seen my parents. I went home this christmas,it was a wonderful holiday for me,little did I know my mum was hurting deep down inside!

She called me today being the 1st of January 2014 and started telling me how she asked Yahweh to give her a son after she had four girls(who are all married) which He did according to her. She told me how she has barely slept most nights in the pasy year because of my atheism. Also said it might lead her to her early grave if I continue living without god.

My dilemma is I can't pretend about god and the bible,yet I don't want my mum to die or have sleepless nights! When people read the bible the smile on face shows I don't believe any of it, when I try to pray I feel like I'm mad talking to myself or like a kid talking to Barney and friends!

How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

I love my mum so much and will gladly become a sheeple for her to be happy

God loves you and there is no sin that He cannot forgive hence He gave His begotten Son, Jesus to die for you and me.

If you love your mum as you prophecy, please submit yourself to God and He will give you an EVERLASTING Joy that NOBODY can take away.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by nduchucks: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pope Xander VII:

I can't believe a thinking human presented this as an Argument!!

Counter, if you are able. You may discover that your own thought process is nothing to write home about.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
OP convert to Traditional Religion and tell your mother to be initiated as well.

She can continue serving God.

The only difference is that she will be doing so in her language.
Excellent advice!

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by adezjamz(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Jesus should and must be in hell: use the medallion to kill the medallion.

Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ never die ?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by redsun(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
We all have different realities that we call life at every given time of our lives.Yours mum's is totally opposite of yours and both of you seems to get on with it and she is been inconsiderate or rather delusional in african style,i don't mean to be rude,to think that being dogmatically religious is the only way to salvation.

You got to make her understand the truth and freedom of self belief and free thinking.She has been schooled to think that jesus is the only way and nobody seems to prove to her other wise that it is not true.We know know better than our parents most times and it is our responsibility to educate them.

You didn't even need too tell her what you believe,all you need to do is just try to get along with her as much as you can as a capable son.Prove to her that there is freedom and joy in self belief.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
This post has been hidden
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
DJDOLA: U can never see a muslim become an atheist..but see a good christian dat will turn 2 atheist

Here is one en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Sina_(activist)

And another

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Warraq

And one on nairaland www.nairaland.com/nnofaith
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Jesus should and must be in hell: use the medallion to kill the medallion.
These words may one day stand against you. Without Jesus, you will fail.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: These words may one day stand against you. Without Jesus, you will fail.

i don't get you..

How can Jesus say one thing and do the exact opposite.. Isn't that double standards?

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
adezjamz:
Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ never die ?
Padi I still dey stand gidigba for hia o.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Whizkeey(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Op notin comes out from notin
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

i don't get you..

How can Jesus say one thing and do the exact opposite.. Isn't that double standards?
you must know that biblical sentences are constructed in ambiguity. Jesus is Lord, in him is no darkness or confusion. He is in fact, God. Yes!!

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: These words may one day stand against you. Without Jesus, you will fail.
Are u saying people following Jesus don't experience failure? Failure is one of the cycles of life, it has nothing to do with the son of your imaginary sky daddy.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Are u saying people following Jesus don't experience failure? Failure is one of the cycles of life, it has nothing to do with the son of your imaginary sky daddy.
I'm talking about the great grand mother of all failures: eternal condemnation. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by xplicity1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: you must know that biblical sentences are constructed in ambiguity. Jesus is Lord, in him is no darkness or confusion. He is in fact, God. Yes!!

Like when God said thou shall not kill and thous shall do good to those who persecute you, yet ordered the Jews to kill man, woman and children of their enemies.. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Biafra: Mbaka Reveals How Igbos Will Treat Each Other If Their Nation Is Achieve / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / What Happens To Olisa Metuh's N300million Bail Money? - Pastor Adeboye's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.