Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (123162 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 4:57am On Aug 25, 2016
Tabbaz:

Malaysia is cool and a nice place to spend your honeymoon. But as a resident of Malaysia, I would advise you spend your honeymoon elsewhere. Nigerians and black are not respected here. Partly because of drug dealer Nigerians spoiling our names here, and RACISM mentality of Malay. Nevertheless, If your documents are all authentic, you will not be sent back from the point of entry as someone asserted. Although they may give you just a week or few days, because they don't always trust blacks here. They will think you're here to make it big in an illegal way, using honeymoon as an excuse.
It's is high time we change our sentiment, religious bigot and tribalism mentality in Nigeria. And focus on how Nigeria will become great. I never see Malaysian traveling abroad for their honeymoon. why? because they have all that it takes in their country. So, imagine this. Apart from flight money, you will spend in their country contributing to their economy, yet you will be seen as an intruder until you return back to your country WHAT A SORRY STATE WE FIND OURSELVES BEING A NIGERIAN

Bros na lie you talk, you dont know anything about Malaysia. Malaysia is cool and respectful, accommodating and a cool spot for honeymoon and vacation if you can afford it. You're been seen as a criminal if you behave like one... try to move around Malaysia and you will enjoy the locals, yes Racism is here in Malaysia but not all are Racist even in US there is racism and what concerns honeymoon with racism.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 5:00am On Aug 25, 2016
Truth234:

I beg to differ, please visit Malaysia for your honeymoon. Malaysians do travel a lot for honeymoon and I once traveled with a newly wedded to the US from here. Malaysians will treat you like a criminal if you are indeed a criminal, even though they tend to judge you at first sight, it is left for you to prove them wrong with your good conduct. Please desist from such comment with mere one year here. Malaysia generates bulk of its annual revenue from tourism so they know the value of tourists and respect them until they prove otherwise.

@Truth 234, dont mind that guy, and @ those coming for honeymoon, Malaysia is lovely,nice, cool people and accommodating, don't do anything illegal, follow and abide by their law and you'll love Malaysia. The only country that gives Nigerian's more freedom to do anything the want to do, which even Nigerians can't do in Nigeria. Malaysia generate bulk of their annual revenue from Tourism after Gas/Oil then come Tax.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 5:01am On Aug 25, 2016
youngbilly1:

hahaha it's better to say the "truth" than take a risk. If you hold a "Nigerian Passport" you better go else where for your honey moon.

Dont say such,Malaysian are good
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 5:14am On Aug 25, 2016
Tabbaz:

Mr. know all. It's not how far, but how well. With my one year experience in Malaysia, I have traveled to the various part of the country and I know what I'm saying. Chinese Malaysian are more friendly. But when it come to Malay, and Indian Malaysian, they first consider you a criminal once you hold Nigeria passport until you prove them otherwise. The police and immigration officers here are the worst enemies of the immigrant.
However, my point is not that they will arrest or harass you on the road just like that. No! In fact, I personally have never been harassed here. It depends on how you conduct yourself. But SOCIAL VISA from black and a NIGERIAN. The first impression of the immigration is that you are a criminal until you prove them wrong. They frisk you as if there is no tomorrow.

Bros, you know nathing(nothing) about Malaysia, common One year in Malaysia and how about me that have been living here for 7 years and have visited the whole Malaysia starting from KL- Terengganu, Sabah, Sarawak, Perak, Kedah, Johor, Kelantan, Selangor, Negri-Sembilan, Kuantan and others, so dont say what you dont know. Chinese are not friendly and they are racist, you know nothing about Chinese, Malays are accommodating and interact more than Indian's and Chinese, while Indian's are born racist even to their fellow Indians. Chinese man likes you in Malaysia because he or she is gaining something from you aka ( Money) same like Indian but the will snitch on you. Yes once you're black Malaysians irrespective of their race will have in mind that you're a scammer or a drug dealer, before it was drug but since the tighten of their borders and strict drug policing, the don't see Africans much here as drug dealers rather scammers, prostitutes and black money vendors. Malaysian Police and Immigration are more friendly and helpful than Nigerian Police. So say what you know and don't generalize, if you want to be respected in Malaysia, you have to respect yourself and move away from living in Puchong, Kepong, Cheras, Jalan Ipoh, CyberJaya, Tamn Okid, OUG, Ampang, Sunway, ( Mentari Court and Sunway Perdana) Damasara Damai, Seri-Damanasara and Most part of Damansara.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 5:15am On Aug 25, 2016
barleeh:
Please as a student can you book one way flight to Malay without no issues?

Yes but not Egyptian Airways,
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 5:19am On Aug 25, 2016
Tabbaz:

Dear friend, you may need to look for greener pasture elsewhere o. Discrimination and racism is high here. They don't give job to foreigners easily. However, if you have PhD, it will be easier for you to get a job here especially an academic job. If you also have a great skill that you can offer to any company which they need and no citizens is able to give them. Then, you can write to such company for working visa. Please be sure before you enter here. Frustration may lead one to commit a crime in a foreign land if you have no source of income.
Regards

There is job here in Malaysia but very very few for Africans, There is racism and not as you're saying it, have you been to US before or Have you been to Singapore or Taiwan then you will know the definition of Racism, The give jobs to Foreigners but not that much to Africans as the believe they are far ahead of Africans,
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 5:22am On Aug 25, 2016
vicstar16:
Hello brother i just want to ask dis.. Cause am hell-bent on leaving nigeria to malaysia in Search for greener pastures, how do i come abt it! I just want to apply for a visa that cant last me long enough till i get something suitable over there to earn a living. How can i process my travel documents and what is the cost

Brother it depends on the kind of hustling or greener pasture you're coming here to hustle and seek for, It is better if you have educational qualification(s) and working experience, apply or search for job that fits your qualification(s) from Nigeria. There is no job here.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by youngbilly1: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2016
allhavesinned:

Dont say such,Malaysian are good

Malaysia is a very good place for a honeymoon vacation. I'm not talking about racism here. Since when I have been in Malaysia, I have not been attacked or molested. In my school I'm the only black guy in my class Dominated by Chinese. In the school we are just 8 blacks students. I don't feel intimidated for any reason.
Everyone is advising the couple to come. My only advise is for them to think twice before coming to Malaysia. Passing through the Malaysian port of entry with a social visa is the wahala. It's about 12days now a granny was sent back at the port of entry carrying a "Social Visa" All because she want to take care of her son's new born. Even though we have links that could clear her from the counter but it's quite difficult now. Having fun in Malaysia is not a problem. But passing through the immigration port of entry with a SOCIAL VISA is the problem.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by youngbilly1: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2016
This a thread to help each other and update each other on what is going on in Malaysia. There should be nothing like "I too know" everyone have different experiences in Malaysia.
If Malaysia is very bad we won't be here. I'm benefiting from this country "education wise". AtLeast am studying at a UK awarded university. Everything seems easy applying for school back then but it's a different story now. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
youngbilly1:
This a thread to help each other and update each other on what is going on in Malaysia. There should be nothing like "I too know" everyone have different experiences in Malaysia.
If Malaysia is very bad we won't be here. I'm benefiting from this country "education wise". AtLeast am studying at a UK awarded university. Everything seems easy applying for school back then but it's a different story now. God bless.
its a different story now as in, pls come out clear.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by lighthousearc: 7:54am On Aug 27, 2016
youngbilly1:

Malaysia is a very good place for a honeymoon vacation. I'm not talking about racism here. Since when I have been in Malaysia, I have not been attacked or molested. In my school I'm the only black guy in my class Dominated by Chinese. In the school we are just 8 blacks students. I don't feel intimidated for any reason.
Everyone is advising the couple to come. My only advise is for them to think twice before coming to Malaysia. Passing through the Malaysian port of entry with a social visa is the wahala. It's about 12 days now a granny was sent back at the port of entry carrying a "Social Visa" All because she want to take care of her son's new born. Even though we have links that could clear her from the counter but it's quite difficult now. Having fun in Malaysia is not a problem. But passing through the immigration port of entry with a SOCIAL VISA is the problem.

Everyone has different experiences in Malaysia. Like you said the couples should think twice about their plans. I am pursing my PHD in UPM, my wife was deported even though she wanted to spend a week in Malaysia and also had enough BTA. She was in immigration custody for 2 days.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Ajibesin: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2016
Malaysia is a good place for your holiday, if you can afford it, there are lots of them who are kind and friendly as opposed to what a lot of people here are saying.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Ajibesin: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2016
lighthousearc:

Everyone has different experiences in Malaysia. Like you said the couples should think twice about their plans. I am pursing my PHD in UPM, my wife was deported even though she wanted to spend a week in Malaysia and also had enough BTA. She was in immigration custody for 2 days.

@ lighthousearc Did your wife apply a week before her visa expired? or she applied after. Malaysian will not deport you if you still have a valid visa.
There are due process to take , although immigration officers are wary of african nationals without a genuine reasons, Please make sure you find out all necessary requirements before embarking on such.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by lighthousearc: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ajibesin:

@ lighthousearc Did your wife apply a week before her visa expired? or she applied after. Malaysian will not deport you if you still have a valid visa.
There are due process to take , although immigration officers are wary of african nationals without a genuine reasons, Please make sure you find out all necessary requirements before embarking on such.

My brother i did my home work well, made sure she applied for the Visa herself in Nigeria. As soon as she got her visa she flew afterwards. When she arrived the port of entry they went through her documents. They refused her entry saying she's a (THREAT), did a random body search, asked why she had two luggages asking why she has some local food.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by HOTWATER(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
Please how does one renew passport in Malaysia and what is the cost
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
So who's in abuja for Visa now? And has ur VAL letter been delivered to you,I have not gotten mine, that's what is d only thing still keeping me away fromthe embassy in abuja
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
My VAL was delivered on Friday. I was at the embassy today. I have to get a late registration letter from the school as the date of candidature is September 1st . Other documents were accepted. I should get it and send to them by latest Thursday.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
zaimeg:
My VAL was delivered on Friday. I was at the embassy today. I have to get a late registration letter from the school as the date of candidature is September 1st . Other documents were accepted. I should get it and send to them by latest Thursday.
Good, pls can u list the documents u submitted ? And how many days did it take you to get the letter from when it was shown on Emgs portal that it has been couriered, the sch already sent me a scanned copy tru my email which I av printed and it looks very original, are they insisting on the original copies? And what's the name of your sch pls?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
barleeh:
Good, pls can u list the documents u submitted ? And how many days did it take you to get the letter from when it was shown on Emgs portal that it has been couriered, the sch already sent me a scanned copy tru my email which I av printed and it looks very original, are they insisting on the original copies? And what's the name of your sch pls?
I can't say if the VAL must be original though I had to request for the original to avoid story . Eligibility letter wasn't required. Then black and white copy of VAL and admission letter. Signed sponsor letter. Bank reference letter for sponsor. Statement of account from sponsor. 2 Blue background passport photos. USM.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
zaimeg:

I can't say if the VAL must be original though I had to request for the original to avoid story . Eligibility letter wasn't required. Then black and white copy of VAL and admission letter. Signed sponsor letter. Bank reference letter for sponsor. Statement of account from sponsor. 2 Blue background passport photos. USM.
what about NDLEA certificate?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gbangbalicious:
Nobody asked about that. It is not for masters or phd students.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
zaimeg:

Nobody asked about that. It is not for masters or phd students.
thanks for the hint. Buh this dollar thing nah another thing. May God take control, Amen.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gbangbalicious:
Thanks, Good if you submitted Black and white of VAL and admission letter and they didn't ask you for the original to confirm, that means it's not compulsory, and we can use a scanned copy or were u asked of the original
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
zaimeg:

Thanks, Good if you submitted Black and white of VAL and admission letter and they didn't ask you for the original to confirm, that means it's not compulsory, and we can use a scanned copy or were u asked of the original, and what about the yellow fever certificate, did you submit it?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gbangbalicious:
thanks for the hint. Buh this dollar thing nah another thing. May God take control, Amen.
boss change naira to riggint in d black market straight up, it's cheaper Dan buying dollars or stuck ur money in ur acct and withdraw in malay
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 6:31am On Aug 30, 2016
barleeh:
Thanks, Good if you submitted Black and white of VAL and admission letter and they didn't ask you for the original to confirm, that means it's not compulsory, and we can use a scanned copy or were u asked of the original, and what about the yellow fever certificate, did you submit it?
Yellow fever certificate is compulsory with coloured photocopy of all the pages. I submitted my original VAL oh. Don't misunderstand me. I suggest you go with your original VAL. They turn people back at the gate like per second billing.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 6:34am On Aug 30, 2016
barleeh:
boss change naira to riggint in d black market straight up, it's cheaper Dan buying dollars or stuck ur money in ur acct and withdraw in malay
Where can one see ringgit to buy in Nigeria?
How much is the least dollars one can carry to avoid immigration wahala?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 6:37am On Aug 30, 2016
Gbangbalicious:
I am trying to see how I can do moneygram or western Union to someone there. Not easy at all. Flight ticket is there increasing everyday.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 6:40am On Aug 30, 2016
Please to everybody, Can I go to the Embassy with Emailed copy of VAL and admission letter, printed coloured of high quality looks as good as original, or they won't accept it if they don't see the original copy? The sch already courier it yesterday and gave me the tracking number but the package will get to Nigeria on Thursday or Friday as it has not even left malaysia and registration will be closing on the 4th so they won't ask me to get a late registration letter, Please if you have been to the embassy recently, ur advice would be highly appreciated
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2016
zaimeg:

Where can one see ringgit to buy in Nigeria?
How much is the least dollars one can carry to avoid immigration wahala?
at the black market, they can help u get d riggint,dont know d current blackmarket price coz am not yet ready to buy and I don't think they ask of BTA from students
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by easyflow: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2016
barleeh:
at the black market, they can help u get d riggint,dont know d current blackmarket price coz am not yet ready to buy and I don't think they ask of BTA from students

You cannot get ringgit at any black market here in Nigeria.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2016
easyflow:

You cannot get ringgit at any black market here in Nigeria.
they can get it here in osogbo, they even change it to naira for people here, I already called the molla I use to buy dollars from

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.