Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions - Education (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (572050 Views)

Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> / Delta State University, Abraka 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Ogunleke48: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNILORIN SUG &
FUNAAB SUG - A MUST READ
Following the controversy that trails the incessant
increase of the acceptance fee payable by the
newly admitted student of the University of ilorin.
The student Union boss Comrade Ishowo Yakub
has spoken barely 24 hours after the provisional
admission list as well as the acceptance fees was
made available to the public on the university’s
website.
Find his Update below:
Press Release from the office of the
president,Student’s Union University Of Ilorin.
"Of the greatest Nigeria Students!!!
It was a shock when I checked the school site
yesterday to see that the Acceptance fees for the
newly admitted students is 20k, the first thing that
came to my mind was,” is there anything the
union
can do? The reason for this question is, as
provided
in the constitution of Students’ Union, members of
the union are all matriculated students of the
university and the students concerned are non
matriculated students.
However, we taught of taking a step further, by
making enquiries from other universities on what
they charge for acceptance it was discovered
that,OAU is 25k,Funaab is 45k, Unilag is 25k ,UI
is
20k to FUTMINA is 35k, to mention but view. Still
we met with appropriate bodies of the university
to
know why the amount was decided,fortunately
enough, we were made to know that the allocation
coming to the universities has been drastically
reduced by the Government which is a fact, and
the
university can not be smoothly develop except
with
the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
On this note, I want us to know that, the union will
never be silent when justice is been denied.
Because “INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT
TO
JUSTICE EVERYWHERE” and also the union will be
so unfair to take any unjust actions,when we have
every facts to act reasonably."
Full details @ http://acadablog.com/unilorin-sug
-
president-press-release-about-the-increase-in-
universitys-acceptance-fee/
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Champion01: Wow! Pls i will appreciate it if u can shed more light on microbiology too tho am not a complete ignoramus abt d course. Tanx in anti.
My pleasure sir
Funaab: Microbiology is a broad science encompassing the study of bacteria, algae, protozoa, fungi, and viruses in terms of their ecology, biochemistry, physiology, genetics, and role in disease processes. Of particular interest is the use of microbes in industrial applications for the production of foods and natural products, such as vitamins, as well as their rapidly expanding role in biotechnology and genetic engineering studies. A thorough understanding of microorganism requires a broad educational background, not only in microbiology, but also in chemistry, physics, mathematics, and other areas of biology.
The Department of Microbiology was carved out of the Department of Biological Sciences in 2002 where the discipline existed as a Unit. Today, the Department of Microbiology is one of the six Departments in the College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS).
The Department offers programme leading to the award of Bachelors, Masters and doctoral degrees in various areas of Microbiology.

PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES
Microbiology is the study of microorganisms, a large and diverse group of organisms that exist as single cells or cell clusters. The science of microbiology includes the study of microbial growth, biochemistry, genetics and ecology and the relationship of microorganisms to other organisms including humans. As a basic biological science, microbiology provides some of the most accessible research tools for probing the nature of life processes. Our sophisticated understanding of the chemical and physical principles governing life has developed from studies of microorganisms. As an applied biological science, microbiology deals with many important practical problems in medicine, agriculture, biodegradation and food industries, and is at the heart of biotechnology industries. Students pursuing a major in microbiology will have an opportunity to take coursework related to these important areas. Our objective is to train people who will develop the society technologically particularly in areas relating to human welfare and progress.
The main aims and objectives of the Bachelor of Science (Microbiology) curriculum are as follows:
(i) To help the student develop skill and acquire the necessary knowledge of teaching and productive research for solving current problems of the Nigerian society in both basic and applied aspects of microbiology.
(ii) To emphasise technological and vocationally-oriented training to enable the students acquire the microbiology knowledge and techniques necessary for industries such as breweries, food processing and preservation, water works, pharmaceuticals, medical, agriculture as well as research.
(iii) To train the students to acquire the knowledge of Microbiology and its applications in health-care delivery particularly in pathological and immunological laboratories as well as forensic laboratories and environmental monitoring.
(iv) To provide courses in Microbiology to students of other departments and colleges whose degree options require general knowledge of Microbiology and Biotechnology
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Adeboye4421: ya but i just wanna sure say he no go affect

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
Adeboye4421: ya but i just wanna sure say he no go affect

To be on the safer syd of any effect watsoever is the more reason I said you should wait for 2nd batch.. After the release of 2nd batch, you gonna have nothing to lose by then...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Yusluv2014: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
Evening
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nizzy129(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
I heard the list will be out diz week o
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pls guys 1 quick question,is dere any ATS tuition class close to skul??
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by succeed2: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
bobbyspeed:

Congrats

Keep the banner of the glorious vision and teachings fly in funaaab. Do not derail from the teachings n precept.
God will surely remember you for Good
Amen & Amen sir. Thanks a lot sir.
I guess dis will be a good time 2 say dis out now :
I really appreciate ur efforts 4 ur sons concerning admission tinz. I must say dat ive not seen very many parents who av so much innovation as to be on threads wia d shows really go on indeed!
Its simply innovative. I respect d maturity in you sir.
Besides following a child's progress dis closely, though may not be liked by d child now, but will definitely ensure dat such child gets fulfilled in life.
because his view of LIFE is not from d ground- point but from daddy's shoulders. Vantage indeed!
I Celebrate u sir. Your boys are more than lucky 2 av u as dad.

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Citysetuponhill(f): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
succeed2:
Amen & Amen sir. Thanks a lot sir.
I guess dis will be a good time 2 say dis out now :
I really appreciate ur efforts 4 ur sons concerning admission tinz. I must say dat ive not seen very many parents who av so much innovation as to be on threads wia d shows really go on indeed!
Its simply innovative. I respect d maturity in you sir.
Besides following a child's progress dis closely, though may not be liked by d child now, but will definitely ensure dat such child gets fulfilled in life.
because his view of LIFE is not from d ground- point but from daddy's shoulders. Vantage indeed!
I Celebrate u sir. Your boys are more than lucky 2 av u as dad.
may u live long 2 reap d fruits of ur labour. And my parents too
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by succeed2: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
pseudonomer:

Fellowship, fellowship... Blah blah blah...
Hmmmm..
i wonder wot 2 say...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogunleke48: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNILORIN SUG &
FUNAAB SUG - A MUST READ
Following the controversy that trails the incessant
increase of the acceptance fee payable by the
newly admitted student of the University of ilorin.
The student Union boss Comrade Ishowo Yakub
has spoken barely 24 hours after the provisional
admission list as well as the acceptance fees was
made available to the public on the university’s
website.
Find his Update below:
Press Release from the office of the
president,Student’s Union University Of Ilorin.
"Of the greatest Nigeria Students!!!
It was a shock when I checked the school site
yesterday to see that the Acceptance fees for the
newly admitted students is 20k, the first thing that
came to my mind was,” is there anything the
union
can do? The reason for this question is, as
provided
in the constitution of Students’ Union, members of
the union are all matriculated students of the
university and the students concerned are non
matriculated students.
However, we taught of taking a step further, by
making enquiries from other universities on what
they charge for acceptance it was discovered
that,OAU is 25k,Funaab is 45k, Unilag is 25k ,UI
is
20k to FUTMINA is 35k, to mention but view. Still
we met with appropriate bodies of the university
to
know why the amount was decided,fortunately
enough, we were made to know that the allocation
coming to the universities has been drastically
reduced by the Government which is a fact, and
the
university can not be smoothly develop except
with
the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
On this note, I want us to know that, the union will
never be silent when justice is been denied.
Because “INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT
TO
JUSTICE EVERYWHERE” and also the union will be
so unfair to take any unjust actions,when we have
every facts to act reasonably."
Full details @ http://acadablog.com/unilorin-sug
-
president-press-release-about-the-increase-in-
universitys-acceptance-fee/
bro, wit all due respectI bet u were nt in d skul last session coz if u were.. u'l kno d efforts of FUNAAB SUG to actually bring down dat fee. im nt part of d SUG but I kno hw they literally fought d skul and d skul complied, brought it down to 40 but d #5k was added to their skul fee... so, Wu's fooling wu?... wat iv noticed is dat if any skul decides on smtin, d protest of d students myt delay it bt they'll still do it in d end. Wat we shld take cognisance of is d fact dat we d students are d ones to pay fr it. OAU's protest has causd d students alot, my mates in OAU are now one session behind me... I.e they'll graduate at least a yr after I av. even tho they were fighting a just cause. dis country is nt a perfect country, may God continue to provide fr our parents and guardians
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Harbosede02: Pls guys 1 quick question,is dere any ATS tuition class close to skul??
wat d'u mean by ATS ma'am?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
wanderlust007: wat d'u mean by ATS ma'am?
accountin technician scheme,itz an exam bt i guess there sud be a tutorial 4 it dere....colmas std wud undastand me beta
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by TobiAruna(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Were u a predite to or just a jambite if I had knw I would have just use a combined result to boost my composite small Chai! Dis mechatronic engine wey funaab no give me dey touch my bone e pain me die, I'm not going to give up on that course cos I'm going in one more time with God, nothing go stop me dis time
younglordbm: i was offered mechatronics o
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Harbosede02: accountin technician scheme,itz an exam bt i guess there sud be a tutorial 4 it dere....colmas std wud undastand me beta
oh.. if u mean tutorials fr professional exams like ICAN, then I'll say there is.. coz a frnd of mine once talked abt attending such tutorial
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
wanderlust007: oh.. if u mean tutorials fr professional exams like ICAN, then I'll say there is.. coz a frnd of mine once talked abt attending such tutorial
ok.tnk u
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Harbosede02: ok.tnk u
just confirmed.. there is.. u wlcm
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
wanderlust007: just confirmed.. there is.. u wlcm
itz at camp ryt??
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Harbosede02: accountin technician scheme,itz an exam bt i guess there sud be a tutorial 4 it dere....colmas std wud undastand me beta

Check ICAN official website to know the nearest approved centres to you.

Actually, if one wants to save money, it pays to apply with BSC. With that, one can get exemption (PE straight) instead of going through ATS1, ATS2 & ATS3. Besides, the programme is cheaper for NYSC members.

However, one major advantage of ATS is that it pays those that are still seeking admission... Cos it can be used for Direct Entry Admission.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
rkarang:

Check ICAN official website to know the nearest approved centres to you.

Actually, if one wants to save money, it pays to apply with BSC. With that, one can get exemption (PE straight) instead of going through ATS1, ATS2 & ATS3. Besides, the programme is cheaper for NYSC members.

However, one major advantage of ATS is that it pays those that are still seeking admission... Cos it can be used for Direct Entry Admission.
yea...tnx,bt i wana start d ats immediately i resume,cos i don't rily lyk d course i was offered..so 2 bck up d course i wana be a chatered accountant b4 i graduate.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by younglordbm: 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
TobiAruna: Were u a predite to or just a jambite if I had knw I would have just use a combined result to boost my composite small Chai! Dis mechatronic engine wey funaab no give me dey touch my bone e pain me die, I'm not going to give up on that course cos I'm going in one more time with God, nothing go stop me dis time
jambite bro
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by olaiya2007(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
There's a whatsapp group for we funaab aspirants where infos are shared reach me on 07052168186 if you're interested to join the group one love as we await the second and d.e list
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by harrimania: 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
ayswags: My pleasure sir
Courses to offer first semesta.. Got admitted into Mcb
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by ifyrosky(m): 12:33am On Sep 01, 2014
As we have entered dis new month which is my month I declare all of us seeking admission for dis awaiting 2nd list we shall see our names dere in JESUS name ....
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by deewon56: 6:11am On Sep 01, 2014
ifyrosky: As we have entered dis new month which is my month I declare all of us seeking admission for dis awaiting 2nd list we shall see our names dere in JESUS name ....
AmeN
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nizzy129(m): 6:13am On Sep 01, 2014
ifyrosky: As we have entered dis new month which is my month I declare all of us seeking admission for dis awaiting 2nd list we shall see our names dere in JESUS name ....
amen bro.tenkz 4 dat.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nizzy129(m): 6:27am On Sep 01, 2014
Nizzy129: I heard the list will be out diz week o
plz sum1 shu reply to dz o,hw true is dz.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by pseudonomer: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2014
succeed2:
Hmmmm..
i wonder wot 2 say...

What to say like? I believe in God and in His Son, Christ. I don't just like all those fellowship people, they've never fail to disappoint me. They are too judgmental like they are any better, their pastor is their god, they(the so called "SU's"wink are actually wicked(In their heart, I've seen deeds), they are the most Unforgiving souls I've ever met.

Sorry, Here is not a religion section. I can't just stand fellowship blahblah...

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by ifyrosky(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2014
pseudonomer:

What to say like? I believe in God and in His Son, Christ. I don't just like all those fellowship people, they've never fail to disappoint me. They are too judgmental like they are any better, their pastor is their god, they(the so called "SU's"wink are actually wicked(In their heart, I've seen deeds), they are the most Unforgiving souls I've ever met.

Sorry, Here is not a religion section. I can't just stand fellowship blahblah...
my broda don't juz say anytin u feel like juz because dis is an open social network, u said u blv in God ryt ,nd yet u speak dis way I doubt dat u ever knw God , simple advice if u can't stand religious ways , get d fucking hell out of here, cos d world we re leaving now is better u save ur self Dan waiting for urself to be saved , embrace God my broda
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Champion01(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2014
Wow! Dis is gr8. Tanx alot.
ayswags: My pleasure sir
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by peluscoten(f): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2014
Harbosede02: yea...tnx,bt i wana start d ats immediately i resume,cos i don't rily lyk d course i was offered..so 2 bck up d course i wana be a chatered accountant b4 i graduate.
same here sista inbox me your whatsapp no we Ned to talk bera
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 01, 2014
0 Xmas.
ADMISSION STUFF, D not yet given admission by jamb is a network problem just chill and d second batch management student dnt rely on ur excellent grade dey will be using cutoff pls leg no matter ur school if u can get d cutoff mark and u get leg be sure of ur admission but without u knowing anybody Den u 100% compo won't give u any course take note.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (370) (Reply)

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.