Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions - Education (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (571445 Views)

Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> / Delta State University, Abraka 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2014
BRIEF HISTORY OF UNAAB HOSTELS
The University Hostel comprises the Male and
Female Halls other wise known as Umar-Kabir
and Iyalode Tinubu Hall respectively.
The Student Welfare and Hostel Management
Committee (SWEHOMAC) is a statutory
Committee in the Student Affairs Unit. It
generally deals with issues that have to do
with Student Welfare and Student Hostel
Management.
Structure
Each Hostel has a Warden who is the
Administrative Head and supervises the Hostel
Staff.
The Warden also sees to the smooth running
of the Hostels.
Staffing
The Hostel unit has the following categories of
staff;
Hall Wardens
Assistant Chief Housekeeper
Housekeeper
Supervisors
Chief Porters
Senior Porters
Porters
Procedure in Hostel Allocation
The modality for the allocation of bedspace in
the University Hostels is as stated below;
S/No. Group % of the total space
1. Physically-Challenged Students
(as recommended by the Director,
Health Services) 2.5%
2. Foreign students 5.0%
3. Final Year Students 7.5%
4. 400L Agricultural Students (FPY) 7.5%
5 200L – 500L students (Non-final year)
17.5%
6. Biological Children of staff 5.0%
7. Outstanding Sportsmen and Women
(on the recommendation of Sports Coach)
5.0%
8. Fresh students 40.0%
9. Supreme Student Representative Council
(Hall executive inclusive) 2.5%
10. University Scholars 2.5%
11. Others (VC, 2%, (25) others, 3% (36) 5%
Total Bed Spaces in the University Hostels
Old New
Female 486 192
Male 396 120
Postgraduate 42
Total 1,234
Bed Spaces under construction
Male 120
Female 108
Total 228
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Eniolaawa(f): 9:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Please, someone...do we need to print out a recept after paying the acceptance fee?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Eniolaawa(f): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2014
ennyhola:
BRIEF HISTORY OF UNAAB HOSTELS
The University Hostel comprises the Male and
Female Halls other wise known as Umar-Kabir
and Iyalode Tinubu Hall respectively.
The Student Welfare and Hostel Management
Committee (SWEHOMAC) is a statutory
Committee in the Student Affairs Unit. It
generally deals with issues that have to do
with Student Welfare and Student Hostel
Management.
Structure
Each Hostel has a Warden who is the
Administrative Head and supervises the Hostel
Staff.
The Warden also sees to the smooth running
of the Hostels.
Staffing
The Hostel unit has the following categories of
staff;
Hall Wardens
Assistant Chief Housekeeper
Housekeeper
Supervisors
Chief Porters
Senior Porters
Porters
Procedure in Hostel Allocation
The modality for the allocation of bedspace in
the University Hostels is as stated below;
S/No. Group % of the total space
1. Physically-Challenged Students
(as recommended by the Director,
Health Services) 2.5%
2. Foreign students 5.0%
3. Final Year Students 7.5%
4. 400L Agricultural Students (FPY) 7.5%
5 200L – 500L students (Non-final year)
17.5%
6. Biological Children of staff 5.0%
7. Outstanding Sportsmen and Women
(on the recommendation of Sports Coach)
5.0%
8. Fresh students 40.0%
9. Supreme Student Representative Council
(Hall executive inclusive) 2.5%
10. University Scholars 2.5%
11. Others (VC, 2%, (25) others, 3% (36) 5%
Total Bed Spaces in the University Hostels
Old New
Female 486 192
Male 396 120
Postgraduate 42
Total 1,234
Bed Spaces under construction
Male 120
Female 108
Total 228
Hey Ennyhola! Do we need to generate another recept after the acceptance fee?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Bibbzy(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2014
Bibbzy: But somethin is nt clear here o! @mr bobby, abeg, y u no let ur kid do dia pre-degree! Nd 4gt d whol tin once nd 4 all! Nd ur mind go dey 1 place! My 2kids dey Abeokuta! Dnt tel me d money no dey o! Cus i knw say money no b prblm! Hahaha!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mdee1(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2014
mayayinks: I advice u to look for d room bf screening cos after screening ppl will begin to rush. Jus look for n prepare d money dwn.
them go rush for hostels too? How and when is the best time to go check out and pay for hostel accomodatn? isn't it after screening??
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mdee1(m): 10:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Eniolaawa: Hey Ennyhola! Do we need to generate another recept after the acceptance fee?
some were not given, like Wema didn't give me...I had to go generate it myself, the link is somewhere in this thread
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2014
I was given d payment receipt at d bank so it's not compulsory for me to print anoda one
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mdee1(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Champion01(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2014
Starprince2: we would meet wen it z screening period so dat we just do d searching and get d rum ready b4 resumption ....lukin 4wd to funaab to update us about screening
Aiit bro. Hope u've saved my number?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
solaoyew@hotmail.com
oyewoleb@yahoo.com

If you know you have been unjustly denied admission please occupy the VC emails above with your complaints.

Attached your putme score and your funaab completed form which shows your jamb score and 5best waec result. Also an excel sheet which shows computation of your composite score.

Do same for at least one of those u av their jamb reg which score is lower than you and av been given admission jez attached their putme result and admission notification sheet which shows their composite score and jamb score for them to confirm that you are not admitted on merit

Be polite in canvassing your point. Chck funaab website for email of Funaab professor s and copy your dept prof and if you see that of prof mrs that head admission committee.
I felt its better for individual to lodge complaint.

Silence is not Golden in this case try who knows miracle may occur

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by bobbyspeed(m): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bibbzy: But somethin is nt clear here o! @mr bobby, abeg, y u no let ur kid do dia pre-degree! Nd 4gt d whol tin once nd 4 all! Nd ur mind go dey 1 place! My 2kids dey Abeokuta! Dnt tel me d money no dey o! Cus i knw say money no b prblm! Hahaha!

Na me for apply for predegree so that i can mingle like students. Infact, if u see me you cant say am not campus guy.

On a serous note did you chk my present liquidity position to know if i av the cashflow now to sustain the predigree for nau?
My financial mgt sense will not allow me to spend that money in funaab in the face of alternative least cost route to achieve goal.
If u take a cost benefit analysis of predigree admission in funaab you will know that d option is not d most feasible decision to take avin lost 3yrs to pursuing admission in the same university.

When you now factor in the opputunity cost of 3yrs wasted viz a viz a year gain from 3yrs lost from another university slot then you know that its better cos time cost much more than money cos time lost cant be regained.
Since am grooming my son to be a chartered accountant this will ultimately be achieved through professional exam all i wish him nau is undergraduate degree in any mgt science course not accounting as a background and this can be achieved in any university and not sticking to unaab only.

On a last line, are u also a father or mother or students. Which one you be because your statements below is confusing.

''my 2 kids dey abeokuta''

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
atymat: i wasn't but a friend was, if you were offered abeg drop any of your contacts
I wasn't offered, am already a student of mechanical engineering going to 200lvl
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Obrizzy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
Starprince2: go to d facebook page ....meanwhile do u obtain pd form
yeah I hv
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
wanderlust007: I kno.. I'm a student of mechanical engineering... check again.. I was referring to Colmas..
the physics dept have 80 100lvl students in this just concluded session we have just 37.I know because I know
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by dharay99: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bibbzy: woo, dey don chop my face o! Again! Nah so dem do last yr! Nah god go punish dem 1 by 1!... Veri corrupt peopl!..

Hahahahahahaha... lolz grin grin
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
ERCROSS:
U r yet to fufil ur promise..
M eagerly waiting, plz reply my mail.

Now I've made good of my promise.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by ERCROSS(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
rkarang:

Now I've made good of my promise.
Yep... tankz jare...
But u didnt specify if i had to change my name wen filling in the new one...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
ERCROSS:
Yep... tankz jare...
But u didnt specify if i had to change my name wen filling in the new one...

Okay, you can use em.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
bobbyspeed: solaoyew@hotmail.com
oyewoleb@yahoo.com

If you know you have been unjustly denied admission please occupy the VC emails above with your complaints.

Attached your putme score and your funaab completed form which shows your jamb score and 5best waec result. Also an excel sheet which shows computation of your composite score.

Do same for at least one of those u av their jamb reg which score is lower than you and av been given admission jez attached their putme result and admission notification sheet which shows their composite score and jamb score for them to confirm that you are not admitted on merit

Be polite in canvassing your point. Chck funaab website for email of Funaab professor s and copy your dept prof and if you see that of prof mrs that head admission committee.
I felt its better for individual to lodge complaint.

Silence is not Golden in this case try who knows miracle may occur

I don't know what effect this might possibly result but I can tell you its not "So promising"..
On the release of the 2nd batch, people have trooped in large numbers to senate house on this same issue and I can tell you with discomfort that they are being turned down..

If physical contact being made to convass one's admission on a case of injustice is unfruitful, aw more do you think ordinary emails can be so effective to secure provisional admission for anybody..
Be as it may,funaab would tell you because you passed her admission requirements and having high post utme score and composites doesn't guarantee automatic admission because everybody can't be admitted.[ LooOls, silly excuse ]

Even the letters from kings, elder statesmen and government officials regarding admission for anybody are turned down most times on this occassion.. Such as the rule of law - "Nobody is above the law" ; if the VC can turn down admission request from from his officials and even from his own church, who says he can't deny request from anybody irrespective of the class and position...

Nevertheless, as you said [ BOLDED ], silence is not golden on situations like this and who knows, Miracles might happen.
This is more like it, we can neva tell who might get lucky and be miracularized for testimony upon God's intervention on the email and who reads them..
All I know, only Gods's will shall prevail..
It is well...

3 Likes

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by horllarh(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
i got a message from funaab ict telling me that my admission will be cancelled if i did not pay the acceptance nd other fees, they said my name has been on the 1st batch nd i have to pay before 28th of this month. abeg i have been checking again and again, funaab admission portal keeps telling me, sorry you are yet to be offered admission.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mayayinks(f): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
mdee1: them go rush for hostels too? How and when is the best time to go check out and pay for hostel accomodatn? isn't it after screening??
am nt talking abt sch hostels. Am talking abt off campus hostel. N let me tell u dat ppl v started paying for d rooms outside. D fAster d better. D person I adviced already understand pls.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mdee1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
mayayinks: am nt talking abt sch hostels. Am talking abt off campus hostel. N let me tell u dat ppl v started paying for d rooms outside. D fAster d better. D person I adviced already understand pls.
nawa 4 sum ppl sha, wetin PLS dey find for here now
If u dnt wanna answer u could just ignore the simple and straight forward question I asked abi na fight? mtcheeeew!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mdee1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
horllarh: i got a message from funaab ict telling me that my admission will be cancelled if i did not pay the acceptance nd other fees, they said my name has been on the 1st batch nd i have to pay before 28th of this month. abeg i have been checking again and again, funaab admission portal keeps telling me, sorry you are yet to be offered admission.
maybe u should go to the school
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by baye2023(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
horllarh: i got a message from funaab ict telling me that my admission will be cancelled if i did not pay the acceptance nd other fees, they said my name has been on the 1st batch nd i have to pay before 28th of this month. abeg i have been checking again and again, funaab admission portal keeps telling me, sorry you are yet to be offered admission.

Bros Fly to d school[Sorry run] noooo...board a bus or private jet to d Admission office of d school and Ict center b4 its too late mehn!!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by blexxin200(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
can i still write jamb after matriculation in any institution pls i would like to hear from you guyz cuz i wasn't given my preferred coursecan i still write jamb after matriculation in any institution pls i would like to hear from you guyz cuz i wasn't given my preferred coursecan i still write jamb after matriculation in any institution pls i would like to hear from you guyz cuz i wasn't given my preferred course
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nizzy129(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
have you manage to checked jamb official site?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Jamzig1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
try checking jamb website or beta still go to d skul...*surprised*
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by baye2023(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
INTIATION GONE WRONG:

A cult group [Funaab chapter] was caught during deir intiation...Saw it on Tvc news live...hmmmmm
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by mayayinks(f): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
mdee1: nawa 4 sum ppl sha, wetin PLS dey find for here now
If u dnt wanna answer u could just ignore the simple and straight forward question I asked abi na fight? mtcheeeew!
ok dnt b angry didn't read it well. Ppl will rush too for sch hostel if it tym for payment. I tink it will b after screening. Sorry once again
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Heybrahack: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
It is possible that Vc is in darkness on injustise stuff my people.

I heard He is very straight and plain man, that believes on merit, all egunje for workers he stopped it.

Its people around him i guess !
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by geedot: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
This school admission is not plain at all.. How will it be? When they don't release cut-offs for each courses.. How do you get to know if you met the merit list or not..
Came here to check for ma cousin and all the crap I'm seeing here is not encouraging at all. She's got comp. of 56%, going for micro-biology. 1st and 2nd list gone and her name still missing..
Ma advice for peeps here is that even if you're planning on sitting for jamb again, pls try pick a school that their admission is transparent(or little transparent) and work hard and don't forget to pray too.. With God all things are possible..
Your time will not pass you by..
As for ma cousin, she's going for UI next year, their post-utme is 100questions(25each of ur jamb combo) and its very cheap, jamb standard.. All the best...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by ERCROSS(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
rkarang:

Okay, you can use em.
As in... i dnt need to change it abii ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (370) (Reply)

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.