Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) (1584 Views)

Why Do Girls Not Wear Bras Anymore??? / EXPOSED: See What Night Vigil Turn Into In A White Garment Church (PHOTO) / Why I Do Not Wear Pants" - Tonto Dikeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by oladamian: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2014
Dear NL, please i need your advise.

My pops is an alagba/olusho (priest) of a celestial church and we all kno that all the cele priest do not wear any other form of cloth apart from sutana (white garment). even if they are travellin abroad, they only put on sutana. The issue now is that i'm engaged with the woman of my choice and our wedding is bid to hold before the year runs out. My father said he's not putting on any other cloth apart from the white garment on my weddin day and my in-laws has insisted that he must not do such. With the way things are, they might disgrace us on that day if my pops wear the garment. i'm thinking of threatening to call off the wedding maybe both parties could reach a compromise.

what should i do? kindly advise.
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Mynd44: 7:49am On Jan 03, 2014
Why not call both parties and let them talk this through?
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by oladamian: 8:04am On Jan 03, 2014
They've discussed it so many times. No party is willing to shift grounds. My pops even wore the garment on our introduction day and my in-laws frowned at it.
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Mynd44: 8:12am On Jan 03, 2014
oladamian: They've discussed it so many times. No party is willing to shift grounds. My pops even wore the garment on our introduction day and my in-laws frowned at it.
Dude, tell your future in-laws, what your dad said he would do, tell your father what the in-laws said and concentrate on your wedding. Stay blind to all else, it is their wahala not yours at this point.

The worst that will happen is that your pops will wear the garment and the in-laws will frown and make faces.
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by oladamian: 8:25am On Jan 03, 2014
hmm... thanks man. i just hop things won't get worse
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2014
From your writeup it seems the inlaws are in a way richer and it also seems your gonna give in to their demands. Hey mister, you are the man here. If they are not comfortable with your father now they can never be later. Man up bro

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 03, 2014
Go on strike
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by oladamian: 8:45am On Jan 03, 2014
ULSHERLAN: From your writeup it seems the inlaws are in a way richer and it also seems your gonna give in to their demands. Hey mister, you are the man here. If they are not comfortable with your father now they can never be later. Man up bro

They ar not richer but they are cmfortable. i think they are only leveraging on the fact that "wedding is for the bride".

@ Martha, what kind of strike?
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44:
Dude, tell your future in-laws, what your dad said he would do, tell your father what the in-laws said and concentrate on your wedding. Stay blind to all else, it is their wahala not yours at this point.

The worst that will happen is that your pops will wear the garment and the in-laws will frown and make faces.
why are you talking like you are not living in Nigeria or you are not aware of what nigerians are capable of doing if they dont have their way.you think they are not capable of causing a scene,disrupting or causing distractions in the wedding thereby making the couple unhappy on their big day

@ op i will advice you to postpone your wedding till all this ugly incidences are settled.if you dont settle it now,it will still come up.you only wed once therefore if you want to make it a memorable one where inlaw a is not cussing out on inlaw b and the visitors are like what kind of family are these ones or your bride starts getting agitated and wonder what kind of family am i entering into that all of them cant behave or respect themselves.is this the kind of drama i will be seeing etc

i beleieve you dont want to start your marriage with contention or controversy.no matter how much time or money you spend in making your day a beautiful one,if inlaws disrupt it,all the hapiness,joy and money that comes with your wedding goes down the drain

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2014
oladamian: Dear NL, please i need your advise.

My pops is an alagba/olusho (priest) of a celestial church and we all kno that all the cele priest do not wear any other form of cloth apart from sutana (white garment). even if they are travellin abroad, they only put on sutana. The issue now is that i'm engaged with the woman of my choice and our wedding is bid to hold before the year runs out. My father said he's not putting on any other cloth apart from the white garment on my weddin day and my in-laws has insisted that he must not do such. With the way things are, they might disgrace us on that day if my pops wear the garment. i'm thinking of threatening to call off the wedding maybe both parties could reach a compromise.

what should i do? kindly advise.

Your pops does have the right to wear his suntana.You say they might disgrace you on that day, are they the ones sponsoring the wedding? Does your pops work for them? whats the catch here and why are you so panicked to the point of threatening to call off the wedding? This is a minor glitch.

Your wife to be should sort this. She should go and explain to them why your pops has to wear suntana. Worst case scenario your pops wears his white gown and you inlaws look unhappy in the pictures. cheesy
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Mynd44: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2014
andromida:

Your pops does have the right to wear his suntana.You say they might disgrace you on that day, are they the ones sponsoring the wedding? Does your pops work for them? whats the catch here and why are you so panicked to the point of threatening to call off the wedding? This is a minor glitch.

Your wife to be should sort this. She should go and explain to them why your pops has to wear suntana. Worst case scenario your pops wears his white gown and you inlaws look unhappy in the pictures. cheesy
The end.
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2014
oladamian: @ Martha, what kind of strike?
Love strike cheesy
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by oladamian: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2014
[quote Worst case scenario your pops wears his white gown and you inlaws look unhappy in the pictures. cheesy[/quote]

Funny... hmmm... thanks dude
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by oladamian: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44:
The end.

they are not the one sponsoring the weddin. both families have different roles to play. my wife-to-be has discussed wit her pple and they insist no. they are even insinuating that its possible my pops is fetish. and that if he's not occultic, y must he insist on wearing the garment. i just tire mehn
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Mynd44: 10:45am On Jan 03, 2014
oladamian:

they are not the one sponsoring the weddin. both families have different roles to play. my wife-to-be has discussed wit her pple and they insist no. they are even insinuating that its possible my pops is fetish. and that if he's not occultic, y must he insist on wearing the garment. i just tire mehn
Dude, ignore them (your dad and your in-laws) go ahead with your wedding and face your future.
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by passionate88: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2014
ULSHERLAN: From your writeup it seems the inlaws are in a way richer and it also seems your gonna give in to their demands. Hey mister, you are the man here. If they are not comfortable with your father now they can never be later. Man up bro
@bolded, True words.
Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Rhemar(m): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2014
Is there any harm in wearing other clothes aside his sutana if only 4 dat day. I'll say u should talk to ur Father since wearing a sutana wouldn't make him less alagba

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Says My Father Must Not Wear Sutana (white Garment) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 03, 2014
oladamian:

Don't be tired. Enjoy yasef, your inlaws seem very controlling.

Rhemar: Is there any harm in wearing other clothes aside his sutana if only 4 dat day. I'll say u should talk to ur Father since wearing a sutana wouldn't make him less alagba

This makes sense he can wear white cloth and it does not have to be suntana. Maybe you can talk to your pops about this.

(1) (Reply)

A Young Nigerian Guy With His Much Older White Bride (Photo) / What’s The Most Annoying First Date Question You’ve Heard? / Ways To Dumb Ladies That Remains Mario To We Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.