Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 (35231 Views)

Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Chime Swears In New Dep Gov In Enugu,says We Have Just Replaced A Bad Spark Plug / ‘why Igbo Should Produce Lagos Deputy Gov In 2015’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
globatop: Am surprised at the position of Igbo members on this forum on APC.
Not in this century should we still be playing regional politics, APC is a national party like PDP, Bola Tinubu is just a single individual in that party like any other person. The score card of ACN is better than that of PDP, it is only enemy of progress that will prefer PDP to APC judging from developmental projects going on in southwest states controlled by ACN. My take is, if APC could capture states in other regions, such developmental projects could be replicated all over Nigeria.
Its time to look beyond ethnic background of any political party, rather focus on the pedigree of aspirants, with the performance level in ACN, no governor from APC would want to under perform.
And if u must know, other party has their own vices, don't kill APC because of mere individuals

Bola Tinubu might be a thieve in Ur own view, but he has used his loot to liberate his pple from the clutches of PDP, if your state could contribute to his course, Ur youth will remain in Ur state rather than come to develop southwest and say it is no man's land.

It is time for Igbo nation to change their ethnic sentiment if they will ever produce Nigeria President. Whatever happened between Awolowo and Zik should be history by now, after all Hubert Marcauly was a Yoruba indigene he handed mantel of his party leadership to Zik.

If it is a national party, why zone the presidency to any region? Wouldn't you think the best candidate should run against the pdp? I would.

How many times has a new party been formed in the US or in any of the major democracies in the west? I can't remember personally, if it has ever happened. Pls remind me if u can.

What do we have in our political clime? Any time candidates lose primary/main elections, they form a new party. Can u tell me how many parties Buhari has formed in the last 15 yrs?

Even the great Abraham Lincoln ran countless of times in one party. He wasn't in the business of party floating and undermining the sitting govt. he simply sold his ideals to the people and eventual became one of the greatest presidents, ever.

I, personally admire both Buhari and OBJ, but their time to lead is over. We need new blood.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by backtosender: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
AAAH pat under APC is already a failure cheesy
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
deb:

The guy just told you the truth but unfortunately it is bitter to swallow. Anyone that joins APC is now your enemy even if they are the ones that will liberate your poverty striken mentality & life put together.

The brain is the source of everything human, once it is rotten there is no hope. Infact you will think everybody is mad when in actual fact you are the only one insane.

This is 2014. If anyone does not realize that voting individual based on compentence superceeds voting a party, except you are a partisan politician, such a person needs to visit Yaba left for brain check up.

Bro, if u base your argument on educational/business intelligence, you may end up voting the wrong person. education & intelligence do not make a man a good candidate.

A good heart that cares for others more, is what is needed. A man for the people and of the people. Someone who loves his people.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by peruso: 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
IKEMBA NNEWI: Jonathan should present Ngozi under PDP and we'll see if this efulefu will come a distant 3rd

I thought you said no tribal bashing for this new year
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Ikengawo: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
APC would gain respect from me by fielding Utomi. He's very passionate about development and will save the APC brand from being 'PDP II' because he's not like most Nigerian politicians. I'm a PDP supporter but men like utomi are needed in vital states like delta
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by incrediblestev: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
precious00:
Thats sentimental, its just lyk telling me to say that ahaba(asaba) is more developed than lagos, even when i know its not true...haba, y shud i lie abt my roots we males greet the ladies "amuapa'', while they reciprocate by saying ''oba'', anioma has got a larger landmass, but lesser population compared to the urhobos
VIST this link and check out the populations north(anioma) and central(urhobo) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State
you are obviously not from Delta state...... from the way you keep trying to validate yourself, OT shows that you are a phoney confusionist. abeg let real deltans talk Boko.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Angelstartups(f): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Leadership particularly under democracy is not an easy role because you have to carry others along to buy into your vision and ideas.Governance in Nigeria is not a roller-coaster as there are several people who already benefit from the rot of the system who will want to frustrate your effort if you have clear agenda.its a welcome idea that respected people like Prof.Pat Utomi has come out to add value to the land and help develop the society through clear agenda.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Diasporan(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
incrediblestev: you are obviously not from Delta state...... from the way you keep trying to validate yourself, OT shows that you are a phoney confusionist. abeg let real deltans talk Boko.
The guy you quoted is right.Sentiments apart the Urhobos are more in population but the Aniomas have more local Government area than them.Apart from Agbor which Anioma town has much population than Ughelli,Sapele or Effurun?Even the so called Asaba is gradually being taken over by the Urhobos in terms of population owing to the mass employment of them during the Ibori era.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by dozymars(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Winning on the platform of APC might be difficult, i suggest he contest on the platform of the labour party just like Comrade Oshiomole then he could switch to the APC after he wins.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by globatop: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Munky, I salute you for being a Nigerian of my dream, most of the Igbo here on naira land closed their eyes to wave of development in other region. The earlier we support credible pple irrespective of their party affiliation, the best for this nation. I will support any party, tribe or individual that can take us to promise land. Jonathan disappointed me, cause I mobile vote for him.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by novaman: 12:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Some people are just acting foolish, there is noting wrong voting a better candidate even if APC is fielding someone better than PDP, its makes it more competitive then gradually we will move to a level where only the best will be presented by both parties not a situation where a failed president feels he is still relevant based on his pre-supposed popularity; we should not condemn any party instead we should look at the candidate they present and vote for them based on merit not sentiment like we did in the last election that we are battling to understand how we got here.

i have no problem with GEJ, but first he needs to fight corruption right from within Aso Rock down to the local government, sell off all the private to a local airline, then travel only with commercial flight, then he will get my vote
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by komek(m): 7:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Garri the 1st:

Why are you hypocrites feigning surprise??

Did you expect the ethnic politics to stop with Ngige??

Can't you see that Utomi has joined the party of Awolowo the number one enemy of Ndigbo??

Who is Ndigbo? Is Delta a state for the Ndigbo? I can see that u Easterners are looking for pple to win to ur side.

Pls Delta is not an Ndigbo state
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Ikengawo: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2014
Delta is an igbo state. shut up
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by tonychristopher: 8:00am On Jan 05, 2014
komek:

Who is Ndigbo? Is Delta a state for the Ndigbo? I can see that u Easterners are looking for pple to win to ur side.

LET'S NOT TORMENT ISSUES HERE. DELTA AIN'T IGBO STAKE COS WE GOT OTHER TRIBES ALSO IN DELTA BUT HALF OF DELTA STATE IS IGBO JUST LIKE MAJORITY IN RIVERS STATE ARE IGBO. JUST THAT PEOPLE THINK THAT IGBO ENDS IN SOUTH EAST JUST LIKE SAYING YORUBA ENDS IN SOUTH WEST OR HAUSA ENDS IN NIGERIA.

UTOMI IS A GOOD MAN ON A BAD PLATFORM
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Ndata(m): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2014
The guy you quoted is right.Sentiments apart the Urhobos are more in population but the Aniomas have more local Government area than them.Apart from Agbor which Anioma town has much population than Ughelli,Sapele or Effurun?[b]Even the so called Asaba is gradually being taken over by the Urhobos in terms of population owing to the mass employment of them during the Ibori era.[/b]FYI i am from Issele-Uku in Aniocha North.

@ Dasporan, i beg to disagree with you on the bolded.Rather Asaba is being taken over by people from the other side of the Niger. An estate agent told me the price of property and land has increased astronomically in Asaba and it's environs since Onitsha business men started trooping into Asaba buying lands,uncompleted abandoned buildings, and even erecting new ones at a fast pace.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by cjrane: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2014
If Pat Utomi gets up to 50,000 votes, i will be shocked. He is tactless as a person and does not know much about politics.

I hope our people will not waste our chance by presenting that sure loser as a candidate.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by rej00: 8:59am On Jan 05, 2014
ontarian:

Bro, if u base your argument on educational/business intelligence, you may end up voting the wrong person. education & intelligence do not make a man a good candidate.

A good heart that cares for others more, is what is needed. A man for the people and of the people. Someone who loves his people.

as much as would support you in this your very intelligient argument i want to add that its not just having a good mind or being educated, but a man with vision to compliment....... Thats why fashola stands head and shoulder above all other nigerian leaders. His fore sight is super.....
We need visionary leaders in every aspect of our government.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by IGBO1STSON(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
komek:

oga SHARRAP,av being watching e-diots like u spew rubbish,delta is a multi-ethnic state,of which the aniomas form majority,now pls google delta state to educate ur warped mind b4 coming here to spew accrid rubbish and arrant nonsense,FYI the OBI of ASABA,OBI PROF. CHIKE EDOZIEN is the chairman,NDIGBO COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS,mr ralph uwechue is the leader of ohaneze,joe "hannibal""airraid" achuzia,conrad nwawo,nzefili,okwechime,etc commanded biafran armies,the asaba massacres was because the nigerian govt hated ndigbo,although it wasnt part of biafra,sonny iwedike odogwu is an igbo leader,patrick okedinachi utomi is the vp of AKA IKENGA,what then do u know?am sure u are 1 of those ukwuani pple?that was how an ukwuani guy said on nl that the river niger served as a NATURAL BOUNDARY b/w them and igbo,and it took an ogwashi-uku guy to correct him asking him if river benue does not divide tiv land into 2,why arent some calling themselve benue tiv and original tiv?check ika history and u would find out that they were HEAVILY influencied by the benin empire,and ika warriors fought gallantly to stop it,in ur warped mind u dont knw that NNEBISI THE FOUNDER OF ASABA IS RELATED TO EZECHIMA,my guy pls check history weller or are u living according to gowon's geography?or are u a learner?
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by tonychristopher: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
IGBO_1ST_SON: oga SHARRAP,av being watching e-diots like u spew rubbish,delta is a multi-ethnic state,of which the aniomas form majority,now pls google delta state to educate ur warped mind b4 coming here to spew accrid rubbish and arrant nonsense,FYI the OBI of ASABA,OBI PROF. CHIKE EDOZIEN is the chairman,NDIGBO COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS,mr ralph uwechue is the leader of ohaneze,joe "hannibal""airraid" achuzia,conrad nwawo,nzefili,okwechime,etc commanded biafran armies,the asaba massacres was because the nigerian govt hated ndigbo,although it wasnt part of biafra,sonny iwedike odogwu is an igbo leader,patrick okedinachi utomi is the vp of AKA IKENGA,what then do u know?am sure u are 1 of those ukwuani pple?that was how an ukwuani guy said on nl that the river niger served as a NATURAL BOUNDARY b/w them and igbo,and it took an ogwashi-uku guy to correct him asking him if river benue does not divide tiv land into 2,why arent some calling themselve benue tiv and original tiv?check ika history and u would find out that they were HEAVILY influencied by the benin empire,and ika warriors fought gallantly to stop it,in ur warped mind u dont knw that NNEBISI THE FOUNDER OF ASABA IS RELATED TO EZECHIMA,my guy pls check history weller or are u living according to gowon's geography?or are u a learner?

on point bro. allow them to die of ignorance. DELTA STATE AINT IGBO STATE BUT MAJORITY OF THE INDEGENS ARE IGBO WITH IJAW AND URHOBO AND SMALL ITSHEKIRI
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by atlwireles: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
IGBO_1ST_SON: oga SHARRAP,av being watching e-diots like u spew rubbish,delta is a multi-ethnic state,of which the aniomas form majority,now pls google delta state to educate ur warped mind b4 coming here to spew accrid rubbish and arrant nonsense,FYI the OBI of ASABA,OBI PROF. CHIKE EDOZIEN is the chairman,NDIGBO COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS,mr ralph uwechue is the leader of ohaneze,joe "hannibal""airraid" achuzia,conrad nwawo,nzefili,okwechime,etc commanded biafran armies,the asaba massacres was because the nigerian govt hated ndigbo,although it wasnt part of biafra,sonny iwedike odogwu is an igbo leader,patrick okedinachi utomi is the vp of AKA IKENGA,what then do u know?am sure u are 1 of those ukwuani pple?that was how an ukwuani guy said on nl that the river niger served as a NATURAL BOUNDARY b/w them and igbo,and it took an ogwashi-uku guy to correct him asking him if river benue does not divide tiv land into 2,why arent some calling themselve benue tiv and original tiv?check ika history and u would find out that they were HEAVILY influencied by the benin empire,and ika warriors fought gallantly to stop it,in ur warped mind u dont knw that NNEBISI THE FOUNDER OF ASABA IS RELATED TO EZECHIMA,my guy pls check history weller or are u living according to gowon's geography?or are u a learner?

Which delta are you talking about so your 9 LG give you the majority What silliness.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by atlwireles: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
tonychristopher:

on point bro. allow them to die of ignorance. DELTA STATE AINT IGBO STATE BUT MAJORITY OF THE INDEGENS ARE IGBO WITH IJAW AND URHOBO AND SMALL ITSHEKIRI

What did he say that was on point
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Obiagu1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Just like Ngige failed, Utomi will fail.

This is as simple as that.
Let whomever go figure out why but it shall come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by michkenokey(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
Okey:
If People like Pat Utomi should be given the opportunity of ruling the country from federal to local government levels, then the much touted vision 20:20 will become a reality. Deltans should give him their maximum support for them to witness an unprecedented transformation. My fear is the possibility of the cabals hijacking the votes for their own selfish interest. However, I wish my able Prof., an economic wizard & a political guru the best of luck come 2015.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by meforyou1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ikengawo: Delta is an igbo state. shut up
not exactly an igbo state, but a state with igbo majority
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by IGBO1STSON(m): 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Which delta are you talking about so your 9 LG give you the majority What silliness.
oga with our 9lga we pass them itsekiri and ijaw their na,thats not silliness or whatever u call it wink wink smiley
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by atlwireles: 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
me_for_you: not exactly an igbo state, but a state with igbo majority

Where is your Igbo majority in delta
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by atlwireles: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
IGBO_1ST_SON: oga with our 9lga we pass them itsekiri and ijaw their na,thats not silliness or whatever u call it wink wink smiley

You claimed to be majority in the state. Yes, you pass Ijaw and itsekiris, but that does not make your majority.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Danosophe(m): 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
A man, with somuch to offer, is what the citizenry is hoping for. It is no newz that we are tired of rogues who, at all times and by all means possible, alwayz want to enrich themselves at the expense of the joy of the populace. God bless Barr. Sullivan Iheanacho Chime of Enugu state and his likes who has the interest of the people in their hearts. Even with the small federal allocation coming to the state, he is not greedy with developing the state. About 14years back, Enugu was almost inhabitable but with just 8years of good governance of Barr. Sullivan I. Chime, the state has become a hub of activities.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by atlwireles: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Danosophe: A man, with somuch to offer, is what the citizenry is hoping for. It is no newz that we are tired of rogues who, at all times and by all means possible, alwayz want to enrich themselves at the expense of the joy of the populace. God bless Barr. Sullivan Iheanacho Chime of Enugu state and his likes who has the interest of the people in their hearts. Even with the small federal allocation coming to the state, he is not greedy with developing the state. About 14years back, Enugu was almost inhabitable but with just 8years of good governance of Barr. Sullivan I. Chime, the state has become a hub of activities.

You are on the wrong thread. There is a thread for Enugu out there.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by obailala(m): 12:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Strange how individduals whom voted massively for GEJ and not PDP are now swearing they will never vote for someone they believe is a 'good man' simply because he is in a 'bad party'...

I just wonder where this new brand of political awareness surfaced from... #ConfusedNation
undecided
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by precious00: 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
guass: [size=28pt]THE GOVERNORSHIP SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR THE URHOBOS, IJAWS, ITSEKIRIS AND THE ISOKOS, NOT THE DELTA IBOS WHO HAVE ALREADY CHOSEN THE CAPITAL.[/size]
So if the capital was at ughelli or sapele, would the urhobo's forfeit governing the state?
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Ozigbondu(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures Of Weapons Captured By Local Hunters In Adamawa State. / Inspector General Of Police Storms Kafanchan Over Mass Killings In Kaduna.Photos / South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.