Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,677 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized (5563 Views)

My Little Advice To Job Seekers On Interviews / Prophesy To All Job Seekers On NAIRALAND!! / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2006
This Is Important For All Nairalanders << new title manufactured by Seun >>

Hello House

Something came to my mind and I think we can do it if we put our efforts and hearts together.

We can meet with some employers to reserve certain percentage of every offer they have to the nairaland house, this way we can be more sure that our members will have for sure certain job opportunities when they come. Then we can restrict the number of housemates or have qualifications for becoming members.

I also want to suggest that we organise physical meeting often, that way we can interact and share our problems together.

What do you think about this? I am suggesting this since we all have our certificates.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Chuckdee(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2006
Sounds interesting, so how do we go about meeting the different employers and what would make them really reserve spaces for nairalanders??

Lets here the ideas please
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by smartsoft(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2006
hummm nice one anyway let see if i might do that since i'm putting up a website on Nigerianjobs i will go meet some employers, but men a tree can't make a forest ooo
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by kingwil(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2006
Nice guys it's a very good ideal. Am in support. However, we should expect hinderance in the face of actualising this noble idea. But i implore all to be confidence and determined. Wish all mates Success. Bravo'
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by layi(m): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2006

Then we can restrict the number of housemates or have qualifications for becoming members.
That might not be feasible because it doesnt tally with the objective of nairaland. Its not just a forum for job-seekers so restriction of members shouldnt come in. However its a nice idea that smartsoft can implement on his nigerianjobs website.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by glodave(f): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2006
hmmm, what a good idea
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by smartsoft(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2006
abi ? and employer wll have to pay us oooo
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2006
That was why I suggested that we meet physically often. or we can talk to the people in charge of Nairaland to help us. for instance, I have the personal maill addy and fone numbers of some headhunters, we can meet these people and let them see reasons to give us certain percentage and advertise their jobs on Nairaland for free.

I this sounds good to you guys, it's just as uggestion
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2006
WAOH! A brilliant idea, but first, meeting with the nairalanders first MATTERS ALOT b4 solicitng for job placements for them because they are GRADUATES and there are Graduates ooooo. hope u unserstand. so when is our first meeting (gathering of nairalanders) and the venue must be must easy accessibility, and who pays for the venue? r we meeting at our place? ladapo
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by pierreech(m): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2006
hmmmm THIS SEEMS interesting!!!!!!!! so if this takes off we'll kinds form a cartel like job seekers union!! nice but seems rather like a white elephant project. could go any way from good to not too good but lets see how it goes. grin
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
Is this now a job-seekers forum? I thot it was just a public Nigerian forum. And on what plank will employers "Reserve" special positions for nairaland users most of the "really prominent" members being those who reside outside Nigeria. Methinks not a few of the Naija based members are only interested in the job section.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by nurenga(m): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2006
hi nairaland users, i beleive this is a nice idea by a member, the idea of meeting some employers will be efficient and effective only if we must have met with ourselves in other to confirm the genuity of our certificate so as to ensure integrity of this sites and Nairaland users. SOME of us like me are already working in good places and this would facilitate its success. I ALSO advice those that have gotten job through nairaland not to forget their source.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ka: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2006
We can meet with some employers to reserve certain percentage of every offer they have to the nairaland house---
Who is the 'nairaland house'?

- Seun?

- Everyone?

- A selected committee of elders?

Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2006
Please , this thing can be done and infact it will be done. I just want you guys to see it as a project afterall we have nothing to loose.

Seun, Nwoke and others I beg for your views
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by saintchux(m): 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2006
@ladapo

you want some quota for nairaland. That good thought of you. You must be good son of your father.

May be you are from south south or north, just as they are struggling to get presidency zoned to the region you want some jobs to be zoned to nairaland.

More greeze to your elbow. I love you
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Oyin100(f): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2006
Would a meeting be convenient for members not within the vicinity of the 'meeting place' you might decide on?
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2006
It is not my intention to take the house for granted o,this is just a suggested idea to help the house.

We can segment th meetings, I mean we work eg if you are living in Ikeja,Maryland,ojodu and other close areas,we can meet at an agreed venue while others meet in different locations at the same time. Tehn we come back to the house, with each representatives at the diffrent locations giving a summary of the conclusion of delibrations.
That way, we won't have to stress ouyrselves.

Meanwhile, I am looking at the possibility of getting some headhunters to always come around whenever we ll be having such meetings.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by kitaun(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2006
white elephant,white elephant undecided undecided undecided
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Seun(m): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2006
I am willing to assist with any initiatives that will improve the Nairaland job section for everybody.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by tianshie(m): 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2006
This is a nice idea. If it sees the light of day.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ukpekeson(m): 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2006
A nice one, pls work things out. cheers
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by BK(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2006
it a brilliant idea but the thing is that how can we get the right people for the right job,
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by beyonce1(f): 1:09am On Jun 22, 2006
Seun:

I am willing to assist with any initiatives that will improve the Nairaland job section for everybody.

aaaaaahw, so what will be our own fate ? (in diaspora ) cry
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by deal4real: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2006
This is a very good idea! Infact we had this idea already on our minds: to put a job section on our website (comming soon www.2deal4real.com) And the best thing: it will be for free! If you want to read more about our mission, please check out: http://groups.msn.com/2deal4real
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2006
Don't get me wrong,the plan is not to alienate anyone. If you are outside Nigeria, you can hold group meetings in locations closest to you, come back to the house and we havbe further delibrations on how we can move on. The decision of the house will then be final b4 we make the next move to the recruiters.

According to the plan,everyones interest, be it that you are inNigeria or outside will be protected.

There is more to gain from this idea if it works out and it can be done. all we have to do is to get started.

I belong to different international organisations including, the 2002-2012 Youth Employment summit group and I have been a delegate to the conference in Egypt,Mexico and in sept. Kenya. I am sure our interest can also be represented
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Skidoc(m): 10:19am On Jun 22, 2006
I'm not in Nigeria and I'm not looking for a job but I must say - Ladapo, good thinking! Brilliant idea. cool
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Nnamzo(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2006
:oWaoh! Ladapo, that's a very brilliant idea. Are u sure u r unemployed grin. pardon me, guys, we all have to embrace this proposition and get cracking. as the saying goes, "you have to jump first to kno how it hurts to fall from a hieght". come to think of it, do we have anythin to loose by trying? wink Well then, i say let's JUMP. Ladapo, count me very in. bye ya'll
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Eeyore(m): 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2006
It sure sounds like a white elephant project to me.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by SixSigma1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2006
Everybody seems to think that the idea as proposed by Ladapo is a good one, while I am not here to play an evil advocate, I will like to ask everybody in general and Ladapo in particular, the following questions:

1. Why should I as an employer reserve job positions spaces for some job seekers just because they are members of nairaland?
2. What is in this for me as an employer (i.e. what do I gain as an employer if I reserve spaces for nairaland job seekers and what do I loose if I do not?)
3. What is special about job seekers on nairaland that I can not get from non-nairaland member?

These and many more questions of this type are questions an employer/recruiter will want positive answers to before they can agree to the proposal.

On a positive note, I commend you, Ladapo, for trying to get nairaland job seekers organized. That is very thoughtful of you. I will appreciate the answers to the questions I asked above.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by ashala(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2006
It sure sounds like a white elephant project to me

PESSIMIST!!!
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by nikyem(f): 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2006
Helllo House,

[right]That is a good suggestion. I believe if we can get the copies of companies name and address in lagos and other state. we can beging to write an introduction letter to them, making our aim known to them. I pray things will work well in that way. let give it a try and see what come out of it. Cheers.

Nikyem
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by kellybaba(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hello Housemates,
The idea is gud as suggested,but lemi agree with the fellow that asked for d rationale behind employers reserving job opportunities for u just because ur 'nairaland'.

Plssssssssssssss lets work on coming 2gether as pple that have common interest at any location near us.Going forward,we can then assist members of NAIRALAND who r still in d Labour Market using our various contacts in the Private n Public sectors !

Let dis be our MAJOR FOCUS,fellow Housemates !

Let mi hera from u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Come N Write Delta Afrik Test / OYSCSC: Competition For Entry Into Admin Officer & Other Specialized Dept Cadres / Application To Partcipate In Your Nnpc/ptdf Engr Trainin (send ur cv here) now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.