Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized (5572 Views)

My Little Advice To Job Seekers On Interviews / Prophesy To All Job Seekers On NAIRALAND!! / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Christino(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2006
Whatever cannot be done should be done but whatever CAN be done MUST be done.

Ladapsie, if this thing can be done, which i believe it can, then it MUST be done. I support you Jare. Keep the thread alive with updates.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Damollar(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hi seun,

I must confess u r an angel sent into job seekers world like me. were else do we get poeted about the happenings in a job seekers world? Nairaland.

I would like to have your personal e-mail address so i could be more of a part of u & thats if u wouldn't mind. pls. i need a job
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2006
To your questions, I hope this is satisfactory enough.

That was I why I proposed we get organized and have a common goal. Why do employers use recruitment agencies and pay thenm heavily? Because they feel they should be taken off the burden of having to go thru the stress and getting the best.

If we can get 1 or two recruitment agencies and let them see how serious and how efficient we are, we sure can get them to help.

As an employer, it will be a forum for you to advertise your job without having to pay heavily in the dailies,afterall you can get all the proffessionas you want from nairaland. Let me give you an instance, there was a friend looking for a secretary, he couldn’t pay head hunters and did not know how to go about newspaper advert, until I suggested Nairaland to him, though he didn’t use it eventually cos he got his cousin.

Nairaland members are not exemption to the rules but what will make us special is the fact that we are together with a common goal and we are all going to be meeting regularly, meet with recruiters, organize seminars or refresher courses on how and what to do when we get jobs for ourselves. I tell you no body can feel our problems other than us.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by SixSigma1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2006
Thanks for your response Ladapo. However, you have not let me know why as an employer I will agree to reserve some space for nairaland users simply because they are nairaland users.

I quite agree with you that one of the reasons (not the main reason though) employers use recruiters is to relieve themselves of the burden of going through the rigour of recruiting process when they have other important thins to do (this is not to say recruiting is not important). You do need to understand that employers do not reserve any job space for the recruiters. They use recruiters to look for suitable candidates. Employers that take recruitment seriously do not go through just one recruiter. They use at least two recruiters for the same position. Also note that these recruiters can only recommend candidates for the position and it is left for the employer to conduct final interview and select the candidate of choice. Infact, in my recruiting experience, I have on several occasions, turned down all the candidates recommended to me by recruiters for lack of adequate experience or ability to do the job.

The fact that you are planning to have a website where employers will be able to advertise free of charge is an excellent idea but it is not enough reason why they should reserve job spaces for you in return. I will rather pay to advertise and employ the candidates of my choice than advertise free and be obliged to employ whoever you send to me.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Dupsybaby(f): 7:23am On Jun 23, 2006
Good thinking Ladapo cool you got my support all the way.Dnt look back cos it can work and it sure will work. cheesy
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by mimi4real(f): 9:38am On Jun 23, 2006
Thank God this idea is brought up, Kudos to you all, am very glad to read this.

We should get together , I think that will be the first step, we have to know each other, do a formal introduction, we can be really organized, who knows, we can get an office and employ some nairaland members to be there, we use it as our secretariat, how about this?

Let's get to know
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by charlesn(m): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2006
I completely agree with six sigma. Ladapo and his fellow supporters should know that no employer of labour in this country gives a dam about unemployed graduates talkless of 'reserving' job spaces for so called nairaland users. Ladapo, seun and co you guys are still naive to the facts on what is happening in the nigerian labour market.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by charlesn(m): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2006
I completely agree with six sigma. Ladapo and his fellow supporters should know that no employer of labour in this country gives a dam about unemployed graduates talkless of 'reserving' job spaces for so called nairaland users. Ladapo, seun and co you guys are still naive to the facts on what is happening in the nigerian labour market.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by sabastine: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2006
Hi dear,

I think you really made a nice point, most of us that graduated with good courses but without God fathers are finding things very difficult in this country.

I shall be happy if something can be done to alleviate the suffering of some of us in this category.

wink kiss

sabby
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by sabastine: 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2006
Sigma,

Am not sure Ladipo nd other like me are supporting/encouraging this forum 2 mandate recruiters/employers using us. No but the forum will
help to create more awareness to them;
help us to be more organised as we pursue same goal,
help us to assist one another as much as we can;
it will also be an avenue to diseminate job information faster and so many other thing.

If we come together, we get to make more friends, if one gets job and there is another job opening is d establishment where/she is, he can easily contact d nairalanders and fix in a member or more.

So, lets give it a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

teena
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2006
lets start planning and stop wasting time, U guys All have my Support any time, any day, so how do u make it work?
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by bravojnr: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2006
hello housemate;
the idea seems real and so also with every suggestion.if i may add an issue of these nature require an ideal forum were all interested nairaland job seekers can convienetly assemble and tackle these matter with great concern.
i want say i commend the originator of these idea smiley.keep up the good work .
bravo
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by saints2(f): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2006
Good Idea,Good Thinking you guys Have all support.Plz dont discourage ourselves i think we should encourage and support those that didnt have one.Quite a welcome development.

Keep the Ball Rolling.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Onigbinde: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2006
[NICE IDEAL,PLEASE LET BE FAST WITH IT,I BELEIVE IT WILL WORK,FOR ME I NEED A JOB.PLS LET ME HEAR FROM U,
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 26, 2006
i think meeting at a public place with easy accesibility will be good. and this could cost NLanders money, i was also thinking that Nlanders that are working should donate a token to this effect (cost of venue, entertainment and all that). whats ur idea about the whole thing?? At last, it will boost the morales of the Unemployed Nlanders!! i have a few contacts also, if those wking have a few contacts like me, and everyone comes together, i think we will GET SOMEWHERE!!! For those residing outside lagos, its a matter of choice, if u really think its worth it, u can also come to lagos, once a date and venue has been fixed, smiley
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by sliver(f): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2006
Hi Ladapo,I think if you can pull this off then it would really be nice.Dont take notice off those that do not support it.I need a job and anything that can bring that for me,iwould at least give it a try.concerning us meeting together that will also be nice.so do keep us posted ok thanks and take care.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by tam(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2006
How do you want us to be organized.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ka: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2006
Hm.

Six days and counting, and you guys are still only talking about this?

Anyway, here's an employers POV:

There's an advantage to posting my job ads on a message board instead of publishing an ad in the newspaper if it's cheaper, and it'll get me near enough the same amount of responses.

However, I'd value the service more if it helped me screen out unsuitable CVs, because if everyone responds, then I'm wasting valuable time trying to figure out who is suitable and who isn't.

As to reserving a percentage of offers I have - there's a problem with this. It implies I should employ someone not because they are good enough, but because they come from a particular 'group'.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by charlesn(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2006
Kim, this is exactly what i have been trying to explain to Ladipo and co.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by leejay55(f): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2006
[i][/i][left][/left][size=8pt][/size][img][/img][table][/table][sup][/sup][tt][/tt][quote][/quote] cheesy grin tongue that sounds nice.i think we should all try to help eachother to get somewhere. i also think we are one family though not the same blood,we dont leave under the same roof but nairaland has brought us together and that makes us one.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by kitaun(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2006
the problem is effecting continuity and perpetuity cos once some get the jobs they fade off and it leaves a big hole within the structure,nobody wants 2 be jobless 4 2 long,the way i have seen pple respond 2 this thread,it seems they talk of their selfish interest,that of them desperately needing a job not of the generality of the so many unemployed youths out there
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2006
Hello People,

Now that everyon has agreed, can we start acting. Enough of the talk, I hope I am not rude.

First, for those of us in lagos, let's break lagos into these locations;
1. Ikorodu-ketu-Ojota and Environs.
2. Ikeja-Maryland,Ojodu and environs,
3. Surulere-Yaba and environs,
4. Lekki-Victoria Island, Ikoyi and environs

Others in the other states,regions and abroad can break their environment into locations and agree on where and how to meet.

Anyone can suggest where each location can be meeting and let's have our first meeting. If you can not be there for 1 reason or the other, just be sure you will get to know about whatever we agreed on. I have made my first contact with ITJobs (A consultancy firm in Ojota) .

Let's work it out-NOW!
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2006
No i think for those residing in lagos, we should first of all meet at a particular place. at least to know one another first. ladapo, can u pls get in touch with me via ,
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by davidnjide: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2006
is ok i think we have to meet it is becoming a miss 4 nigeria youth after school no job
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2006
Hello House:

What are we waiting for. Can we get started on our decision, I am very sure we can save ourselves.

Let's get started; suggest where, how and when we can meet. I don'r want to just push things to the house, I have raised the issues, others should raise other suggestions.

I have an headhunter who is ready to pay just to get the right candidate for a position, if we can get such person , we are okay.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by segebams: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2006
Thank God this idea is here.all that is left is actualisng it.we should be talkng about the meeting point because its not posible we gather ourselvs on a street of lagos and be discussing our future.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by segebams: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2006
Thank God this idea is here.all that is left is actualisng it.we should be talkng about the meeting point because its not posible we gather ourselvs on a street of lagos and be discussing our future.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2006
[b]Attention all nairalanders:

May I crave your indulgence to let you know that all things been equal, we should be having our first physical meeting on the second saturday of July, 2006.

Though, I am still working on the modalities of the meetin,the proposed venues are;

Maryland secondary school premises or the Ikeja millitary cantonment secondary school premises, Ikeja.

Time is 10 a. m to 2pm. We are going to consult the people in charge of the schools and work out the possibilities of the venue.

It is also my intention to invite, the consultant, Micheal craig consulting to advice us and possibly get her to be commited to our belief.
so, endeavour to come around with your CV and possibly a token of 300 or less so we can pay for the venue and possibly be using such venue for a longer period of time.

Please, this is tentative, I will still be meeting with the consultant and the school in the next week.So, I promise to keep everyone posted.

Please noone should pay anybody any amount of money, as I will not be liable for any payment made to anyone. As soon as the venue is confirmed, just have the suggested money at hand so we can hand it over to whoever is in charge. And please, may I suggest we all come with one form of Identification or the other for security reasons.

Note: This is going to be our first meeting so, it is not going to be a sectionalised one, you can come in from any part of Nigeria to attend, if you can.[/b]

from Ladapo-08038478454
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2006
Attention all nairalanders:

May I crave your indulgence to let you know that all things been equal, we should be having our first physical meeting on the second saturday of July, 2006.

Though, I am still working on the modalities of the meetin,the proposed venues are; Maryland secondary school premises or the Ikeja millitary cantonment secondary school, Ikeja.

Time is 10 a. m to 2pm. I am going to consult the people in charge of the schools and work out the workabilities of the venue. It is also my intention to invite, the consultant, Micheal craig consulting to advice us and possibly get her to be commited to our belief.
so, endeavour to come around with your CV and possibly a token of 300 or less so we can pay for the venue and possibly be using such venue for a longer period of time.

Please, this is tentative, I will still be meeting with the consultant and the school in the next week.So, I promise to keep everyone posted.

Please noone should pay anybody any amount of money, as I will not be liable for any payment made to anyone. As soon as the venue is confirmed, just have the suggested money at hand so we can hand it over to whoever is in charge. And please, may I suggest we all come with one form of Identification or the other for security reasons.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by ginola(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2006
hope dis no b anoda charade guy,abeg thread sofly o moni is very delikate to pat wit at crucial x, pls tink of somtin better o,i no want hear say na 419 deal o
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by Ladapo(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2006
please don't get me wrong o. Noone is asking anybody to part with any money o. Please, it is not a venture it is just a way of looking at the possibilities of helping ourselves, so please don't see it as a venture.
Re: Job Seekers On Nairaland: Let's Get Organized by kitaun(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2006
WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT I TERM THIS,
PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR JOBS,YOU THINK ANYBODY WILL SUBSCRIBE TO PARTING WITH EVEN A KOBO,
U SHLD KNOW THE NAIJA FACTOR.NOBODY WANTS TO BE CHEATED,BUT WE DON'T MIND CHEATING OTHERS,
LADAPO, U BETTER START HAVING A RETHINK OR LOOK INTO OTHER ALTERNATIVES,
NAIJA UNEMPLOYED OR UNDEREMPLOYED ARE THE MOST SENSITIVE PEOPLE TO JOIN ISSUES WITH WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graduate Management Trainee Scheme Mopel Nigeria Ltd / Assessment Test for Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions meet here / P&G NYSC 2012 Batch A Recruitment Drive-cee00000745

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.