Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone (6345 Views)

How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / The World Will End Tomorrow - Christian Group Predicts / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Humanbeans(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ladies and gents, I just spoke wt the young man, and he assure me he wont do anything stuipid. I thank God for HIS mercies.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by DrummaBoy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Humanbeans: Ladies and gents, I just spoke wt the young man, and he assure me he wont do anything stuipid. I thank God for HIS mercies.

Oh that is good.

He says he is a music producer. Where does he live? Nairaland has people everywhere and I am sure some people can get to talk to him. Not too many people hit the floor of life to the point of wanting to take their life and when we find such individual it makes sense we extend any help we can.

If the house can see a gentle man ready to take hold of his life, I am sure people will help him.

So please, while concealing his anonymity and you have access to him, let us know how we can help him.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by SQURA(f): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
YcBeat: I felt relieved when i was with a friend today after tryin to drink methadone capsules mixed with alcohol but i couldn't, it was really hard for me to take my own life....have realised that anytime im lonely i get really depressed and i wish to do something drastic....im okay now, its just that i get this awkward feeling occasionally when im alone to commit suicide.....pls nairalanders help me!!! Im really depressed...
THANK GOD!
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by maclatunji: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
YcBeat: i'll work twice as hard as i have done b4!!! Thank you!!!

Bros. sometimes we have to stop for a moment and review life. It is not just about working hard alone but empowerment. Do you have information on choices you can make to improve your life? Are there people that are willing to guide you towards some degree of financial stability?

These are questions you need to answer and work on.

I am not saying I have the answers, I am saying there might be people you know that have what you need. Maybe you should try to identify them.

1 Like

Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by stevecantrell: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
YcBeat: I felt relieved when i was with a friend today after tryin to drink methadone capsules mixed with alcohol but i couldn't, it was really hard for me to take my own life....have realised that anytime im lonely i get really depressed and i wish to do something drastic....im okay now, its just that i get this awkward feeling occasionally when im alone to commit suicide.....pls nairalanders help me!!! Im really depressed...

Yeah, I could have told you, you dnt have liver for that yesterday.

You know something ? Now that you opened this thread, I believe you'll be a different and happier person very soon.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by YcBeat: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hello nairalanders, after having a very very good time with friends which i explained my predicament with, they bought me few liquours nd we all merryed this night..was happy to the loftiest level...but now im home, and it seems my 'p' just got started...can't get my mind off my gf, mom, family and all dey said to bring me down....can't believe im really down after all the enjoyment this night.......MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS MAY THINK MINE IS TOO MUCH, THAT HAVE GONE TO THE APEX OF THIS MATTER...but im writing here cause i need HELP, i can't take my own life.....i wish i have a helper on here....i wish i had alzheimer disease to wipe my memory......suicide is outta the matter now....please HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! With ur words and calls.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Debeloved87(m): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
If u av a bible pick it up and read.....open up your mind free it,talk to God and He will talk to u back...
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by yomi007k(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2014
Antidote for Methadone is Naloxone in case u change ur mind. U can also take my hand cos I have feeling of what you're going through.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by yomi007k(m): 12:42am On Jan 05, 2014
My brother, I have had a similar experience with my ex I dated for 5years and hoped to marry. But the family made her understand I wasn't good enough for her and she also changed towards me. Our relationship headed for the rocks n I was depressed. And I know depression can intensify when ur broke.
Here's a couple of things that helped me out
1. Do Not Be Idle
One easy way for depression to creep into your mind is by being alone. I tell u that paying N5 or so a day for 5MB like someone said or just listening to ur torchlight radio can go a long way to add some excitement into your life- atleast. Work, arrange ur clothes, clean ur shoes. Try and make urself look better. Go for a walk(its free).
2. Have Fun.
My brother, I make friends with everybody young n old, rich or poor. I can play with kids or even mallams in my hood jus to put a smile on my face.
I became a football fan after I broke up with my ex, yeah I knw it sounds funny.
3. Friends and Family
This should be higher up on d list but don't mind me. Stay close to F n F cos u never can tel, they just might hook u up whether its booze or chick. IF U DON'T HAVE, MAKE THEM. They help with taking off the emotional burden ,I tell you.
4.Booze
People that get high rarely get depressed. It helps you to "gbagbe oshi". Jedi na N50 Nationwide. But becareful cos of alcohol liver disease.
5. GOD
This is number 1 to me.
If not for him,many wud be gone already....for there are many WORSE THAN YOU.
Shalom!
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by true2god: 6:47am On Jan 05, 2014
maclatunji:

Bros. sometimes we have to stop for a moment and review life. It is not just about working hard alone but empowerment. Do you have information on choices you can make to improve your life? Are there people that are willing to guide you towards some degree of financial stability?

These are questions you need to answer and work on.

I am not saying I have the answers, I am saying there might be people you know that have what you need. Maybe you should try to identify them.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by YcBeat: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2014
Hey, goodmorning y'all.....just woke up and im nt feeling better....depression is getting worse
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by SalC: 7:48am On Jan 05, 2014
YcBeat: Hey, goodmorning y'all.....just woke up and im nt feeling better....depression is getting worse
It won't get worse if you don't give room for that
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by YcBeat: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2014
Sal C: It won't get worse if you don't give room for that
how do i take my mind off it
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by YcBeat: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Sal C: It won't get worse if you don't give room for that
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by purpinkx(m): 8:34am On Jan 05, 2014
I don't know what advice to give you Ycbeat ..
All i Can say is " think of how you can change the lives of other positively with the wealth you want and you'll have a reason to work harder "

1 Like

Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by SQURA(f): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2014
YcBeat: Hey, goodmorning y'all.....just woke up and im nt feeling better....depression is getting worse

kelvin, first thing is to stop being self centered.
Take about an hour and think of the world. There are many people who are far more worse than you. Did you follow the philliphine flood of last year? the destruction in that country? many people lost their homes, and family, but they are still hanging on. people are dieing in sudan, senseless killing of kids and women happening there. develop a passion for people who are suffering the world over. dont stop thinking about these people for an hour. remove the thought of grieve away from yourself and into the world.
When you start feeling this grieve, take a pen and paper, write some songs or a poem, about how you feel for the world and not yourself. your direction of depression will change because you now see yourself as someone thinking about other peoples pain and in time come to know that you are an instrument to take away that pain.

secondly this might be harsh, but think about your family and your gf that got away. and this is not in the harshest terms. this is what i mean. you know men are rather selfish, always putting themselves first, but did you ever think about what the other party is going through in their life that made them act the way they do towards you? Jesus Christ said you should not think about what to eat or wear tommorrow because God will provide then he said one of the greatest golden rules is to love your neigbour like you love God! You see, think about what people are going through that makes them act the way they do and HAVE PITY ON THEM!

For me i'm not afraid to CONVERSE and DISCUSS my fears with friends and family. I'm the honest bunch because i see no secret to keep in this world. when man dies he becomes dust and in time forgotten through out the years so whats there to lose and whats there to gain. even rich men die and leave all their wealth behind, they dont take the enjoyment with them to the grave. so whats there to fear, your family? your friends? NO! be bold, talk with your family about how you are feeling in a cool manner and tell them how it affects them and not you in the picture. HUMBLE YOURSELF.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by YcBeat: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2014
SQURA:

kelvin, first thing is to stop being self centered.
Take about an hour and think of the world. There are many people who are far more worse than you. Did you follow the philliphine flood of last year? the destruction in that country? many people lost their homes, and family, but they are still hanging on. people are dieing in sudan, senseless killing of kids and women happening there. develop a passion for people who are suffering the world over. dont stop thinking about these people for an hour. remove the thought of grieve away from yourself and into the world.
When you start feeling this grieve, take a pen and paper, write some songs or a poem, about how you feel for the world and not yourself. your direction of depression will change because you now see yourself as someone thinking about other peoples pain and in time come to know that you are an instrument to take away that pain.

secondly this might be harsh, but think about your family and your gf that got away. and this is not in the harshest terms. this is what i mean. you know men are rather selfish, always putting themselves first, but did you ever think about what the other party is going through in their life that made them act the way they do towards you? Jesus Christ said you should not think about what to eat or wear tommorrow because God will provide then he said one of the greatest golden rules is to love your neigbour like you love God! You see, think about what people are going through that makes them act the way they do and HAVE PITY ON THEM!

For me i'm not afraid to CONVERSE and DISCUSS my fears with friends and family. I'm the honest bunch because i see no secret to keep in this world. when man dies he becomes dust and in time forgotten through out the years so whats there to lose and whats there to gain. even rich men die and leave all their wealth behind, they dont take the enjoyment with them to the grave. so whats there to fear, your family? your friends? NO! be bold, talk with your family about how you are feeling in a cool manner and tell them how it affects them and not you in the picture. HUMBLE YOURSELF.
i sent you a PM
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by maclatunji: 9:48am On Jan 05, 2014
YcBeat: how do i take my mind off it

By thinking of how you can become the next Dangote even from this your present predicament.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Peter262: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2014
my guy u have xperieced love before.u have q family...my father abandoned me at the age of 18...I had no choice than to look for a manual job to do...I started learning plumbing job...I suffered digging the ground and chiseling just for a better tomorrow...now am on my own and am the bread winner of my family...I pray God will give you the strength to overcome ur condition amen
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2014
Hey YcBeat bruv smiley

Don't take your life. Do me a favor, when you get depressed, talk to God. Scream at Him, yell at Him and tell Him about how far down you have fallen.

I didn't say pray. I said fight with God. Ask Him why He has allowed yoyr life to become this way.

Then maybe you will get His attention.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by ujchief(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Read your first post and discovered 3 things you're angry with/about:

1. Love
2. Money
3. God

What an irony: because these are the 3 most powerful forces in earth: each one of them is a god on its own. You can hardly find someone who is content with all 3; being content with just one of the trio can turn your life around for good.

Which one of the 3 do you think you can restore to your life immediately so as to reduce depression? I think the easiest for now is love. You sounded lively last night when your friends showed you love and took you out. Man is a social being, so having people around you who care will definitely ease the depression.

1 Like

Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by onetrack(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2014
If you cannot see a psychiatrist, then one of the best 'home remedies' for depression is vigorous physical exercise. Go out and play football or go for a long jog every day; you may see improvement in your mood within a few days. Take a look at this article for more evidence:

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/11/25/how-to-exercise-when-depressed-even-if-you-prefer-staying-in-bed/
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Gombs(m): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2014
I've been following this thread, and my honest thoughts are that the fellow should stop talking about his problems and rather, talk to the problem.

Also, I see the op is selfish and idle minded, not because of he means so, but because he is doing so unconsciously. When he said he wanted to commit suicide just because of the reasons he stated, I wanted to type

"Hey bro, please walk into any hospital, and see folks begging for life, loved ones doing all they could to sustain the life of a friend or relative. Walk into the ghettos of the city and see kids who hve no parents and have no one to love them, go to the prisons nd see people who'd give anything for chance to start life all over...if folks don't love you, think like david... David said "The Lord is my shepherd, I SHALL NOT WANT FOR ANYTHING".. he said this not because he ws king, for he was a shepherd boy, at 17. Pls op, think like David...look up to God in faith, he'd never forget u, believe"

But I didn't cos I thought he was joking... however, im glad u didn't kill yourself
God bles u op!..to start with, get busy, start something, else u'd keep considering the devils opinions
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by THEPOLY11: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2014
I pray for you in the Mighty Name of JESUS CHRIST , all your sorrows and pain will be a thing of the past before JAN 10th and you will share a great testimony here on Nairaland .

AMEN.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by prinsaysk: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sorry about ur situation you are clearly depressed and need some form of achievement in ur life. What skills do you have? What can u do maybe someone can help out. I live in abuja if u r here I can give u some things to sell to get some money as am about moving house, may u find ur much desired help.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
religious people and false promises to seek out pity. smdh.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by stevecantrell: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
pDude: Hey YcBeat bruv smiley

Don't take your life. Do me a favor, when you get depressed, talk to God. Scream at Him, yell at Him and tell Him about how far down you have fallen.

I didn't say pray. I said fight with God. Ask Him why He has allowed yoyr life to become this way.

Then maybe you will get His attention.

@OP sometimes you need to make a forced withdrawal from your account in the Universe.
All your virtues and the good things you've done in this life for others are held in that account.

Sometimes you need to yell to get the universe to cash your cheque. Do that, and the universe will drop what you think it owes you.

But beware...there may be consequences to pay for being impatient.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by adeoladrg(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Glad to see he actually didn't kill himself..
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Anomnity: 12:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ycbeat listen up.You are in a crisis period.If you don't carefully study what aggravates & abates your condition,it could mar you.From what I see so far being alone aggravates it so STOP BEING ALONE.By all means go out & interact e.g If you had woken up early this morning with efforts to prepare for service and off you go to a nearby bubbling church you won't have time to even remember depression exists.After service wait on the queue to see the pastor & discuss your situation with him.If you aren't satisfied with his reply go to another church.By the time you visit ten churches,there must be one or more that have genuine solutions.
$$$
Here's my councel:-
1. OPEN UP TO SPEEDY EMERGENCY ADJUSTMENTS:-keep in mind that there are adjustments you have to make to preserve your life this crisis period that you may not ordinarily like but you must necessarilty make. One of such is you must avoid staying alone.
2. DON'T STAY ALONE FOR NOW:- To keep out anything that will encourage depression,loneliness & negative thoughts go & squat with a "bubbling" friend or relative for now.Whether at your friends or at your place, Wake up!!... bath!!.... and off you go!!.Visit people,make friends,help them with their problems like running errands for them just to keep busy & you win love & favour,,go to hospitals & visit people that are sick & lonely & God will remove yours,get into football even if you don't like it.Go to stadium or fields where they play & play with them,join tennis,karate,join all just to get busy.If you are working be sure its the type that engage your mind fully & after work visit friends,hospitals,church,football,sports etc.
You'll be amazed you are so busy as to crowd out depression & negative thoughts.This may not happen at once but with time.

3. CHECK TO CONFIRM THERE AREN'T SUBSTANCES U USE THAT COULD BE CULPRITS: Be sure you aren't into hard drugs or even any of such prescription drugs that cause or enhance depression & suicidal idealation as side effect.Yes even some drugs & antidepressants cause suicidal idealation as side effects.Google it.

4. SLEEP WHEN NOT BUSY:- Tire yourself working & visiting that when you get back sleep is already beckoning.Give yourself to sleep & if its difficult use natural sleep enhancers like ginger & honey.Google sleep enhancers.

5. LAUGH,JOKES,PLAY:- Encourage anything "positive" that makes you laugh.One of the easy ways to defeat any depressing circumstance be it poverty,lack etc is to make fun & jokes out of it.Open yourself to jokes.Infact become a jocker,a comedian.Its a great antidote.Listen to jokes & lots of comedies.Serious people sometimes get depressed but jokers that don't take anything seriously like mockery from an ex-wife or even relatives NEVER EVER get depressed.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by djeezy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Op, you were given this life because you are strong enough to live it. Life is not always a bed of roses. Remember, NO PAIN, NO GAIN and do not forget there's always light at the end of the tunnel. Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have. The Sad truth is that there are some people who will only be there for you as long as you have something they need. Do not give up, the greatest battles are not physical, they are fought in our mind and hearts, and if you can conquer yourself, the negativity in your heart, be sure you can conquer anything. I am not saying this just to make you feel better, I am challenging you, do not be a coward by relenting, nothing good comes easily, fight the good fight, hustle, hang on and see yourself becoming that man you've ever wished to be. Do not and never give up on God, coz He never give up on us, and when you do everything you can do, that's when God will step in and do what you can't do. Remember the story of Job in the bible.

PLS NOTE THIS: MINDSET
Picture in your mind the able, earnest, useful person you desire to be, and the thought you hold is hourly transforming you into that particular individual.. . . Thought is supreme.
Do not forget that Men's best successes come after their disappointments. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34.
Be strong, stay alive, as long as there's life, there's hope........Djeezy.
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by Deewonder(f): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
YcBeat, I tell ya, dia re no beta advice and counselling u can get aside those given above...
In life, everyone got a Scar:
some wear theirs under cosmetics, some wear their's under cloth, while other's wear it physically, but all is same...
It is not money or ur girlfriend's love dat is causin depression, I jst know it's because u have not gotten a personal Encounter with Jesus christ..
No human being can show u unconditional love than Jesus, Life has not been same for me since I had a personal encounter with him...
The pains, struggle, weeping on earth cannot be compare to what is prepare for those dat refused to accept Jesus, in the after Life...
Re: Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone by cherriex(f): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ycbeat I understand how u feel plus I think you are suffering from depression,I also suffered depression once nd it wasn't funny at all.All it ever make u feel is negativity,pain,weary nd gives u reasons why u are ny good enough or why things will never work nd why u are nt worth living bt they are all schemes of the devil.
It happend when I start schl in my 200L,in my case all I want is attention,I want everyone to be callin me like every minutes esp my bf nd parents,since we stay far apart,if they didn't I feel abandoned nd unloved nd depressd.that was then sha..u can pm me if u need a friend or send me request on bb.Don't ever give up even if the devil himself is draggin u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That Our Sins Are Washed Away? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? / Christ Is Coming Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.