Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

How Soon Should I Start Dating Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Soon Should I Start Dating Again (2140 Views)

How Some Men Look After You Start Dating Them(photo) / What Is The Appropriate Age For A Nigerian Female To Start Dating? / At What Age Did You Start Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by oluchikeh(f): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2006
hey nairalanders,
I AM A YOUNG LADY (BELOW 25) BUT I JUST LOST A YOUNG MAN TO WHOM I'VE BEEN MARRIED TO 4 2YEARS TO DEATH
I LOVED HIM DEARLY BUT ITS ALMOST 8MONTHS SINCE HE DIED AND I COULDNT THINK OF GOING OUT WITH ANYONE ELSE
NOW I HAVE FEELINGS FOR ANOTHER YOUNG MAN BUT SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE I AM CHEATING ON HIM
I DO NOT FEEL SO ATTACHED TO HIM ANYMORE AND SOMETIMES I TEND TO FEEL GUILTY BUT THE YOUNG MAN IS DEAD AND I WORSHIPPED HIM WHILE HE WAS ALIVE
PLEASE DO YOU THINK IT IS TOO EARLY TO START ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP?

AND IF U WERE A GUY HOW WOULD U FEEL IF U FOUND OUT THAT THE GIRL U WANT TO DATE HAD BEEN MARRIED AND WIDOWD EVEN IF SHE IS STILL YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by Rhodalyn(f): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2006
First and fore most, I'm Sorry bout the death Of your late husby

well, i personally think it's a bit too early to Start seeing another mean, i mean 8 months isnt that much, it's a barely a year and U even said ''almost'' meaning it's not exactly 8 months yet.

the dead Is dead and life muct Still move On but U gotta pay Some honour to Ur late husby

i would advice U not to Rush into anytin now Cuz thou U may think U're Over your late husby it may not be So and memories Of the good tymes together may Come back to break Up your new relationship, Cuz no guy would like to see ya thinking Or remembering what U had with another man right in his presence

U Can keep On seeing this man but just don't Rush things afterall it's helping U heal Some pain, U didnt mention anytin bout Children undecided
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by Damsal(f): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2006
Personally I have always thought that the best way to get over a person was to get into another relationship, this way you think less of the ex and bring your focus and concentration into the present the only problem with this is that there's a possibility of you comparing both guys especially if you are still crazy about your ex which you obviously are. The thing is for you relate positivty to his death and question yourself, that if your husband loved you just as much as you did him would he want for you to be grieving over his death and wallowing in lonliness? (no) i'm sure he want's you to be happy so try to be and since he happens to be dead then you clearly aren't cheating on him (it was till death do you part, not till the ends of eternity)

And i don't believe that you being married and widowed would disturd guys, it would probably stun them but it would not put them off They are Guys for Goodness Sake since you are still young and beautiful as you said then you are definitely not going to be single for long.
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by aloib(f): 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2006
i think its still so early to start seeing someone else, 8 months, a year and a half is enough, may his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by oluchikeh(f): 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
he actually died in october last year and the only baby we had died due to fatigue after delivery
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by aloib(f): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2006
HEY GURL, I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT, JUST RESPECT HIM AND CHILL FOR ALIL TIME, ITS STILL SO EARLY
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by ThisDumebi: 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hi Oluchikeh,

Sad indeed that you lost your husband this early.Take heart!
I'm certain that responses to this issue are going to be diverse;
some might feel that it's quite early in the day for you to start
nursing a new relationship others might be of the opinion that
you have to go on with your life.Naturally,you loved your husband
while he lived and it's easy to see that you still do.This is a feeling
that has come to you personally without the benefit of anybody's
impressions.
In the light of this,I'll advise that you follow your feelings.You cant
be wrong about the right time for you to achieve emotional stability
between your sense of loss and of the neccesity of going on.Just
take it easy and follow your instincts.
Will i date a widow?Love is just everything.All the best  smiley
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by mamaput(f): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2006
its NOT TO EARLY TO DATE FOR ME BUT I WILL NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC  .
I will be very ddiscreetabout it.
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by Rhodalyn(f): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
MaMaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAPuttttttttttttttttttttttt cheesy cheesy
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by mamaput(f): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2006
yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by Busta(f): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
don't think its too early to date again but be careful who u wanna date cos it'll be tough trynna find someone like ur late hubby.

all the best!!
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by my2cents(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
In my humble opinion, given she said "cheating on him", I think dating is being equated to being intimate again. If not, please let me know and I stand corrected.

From her comments above, I will say with confidence that she isn't over the guy and my advice to her would be to stay out of the dating scene for a while. When she is ready to get back, it shdnt be based on how many months since the guy died or some kind of tradition that somehow favors the men over the women, but on whether she is in fact ready. To me, again given her comments above, she isn't, and won't be ready anytime soon.

Once she is ready, trust me, for one, the "cheating" feeling won't be there.

As always my 2 cents
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by mizkay(f): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2006
Follow your heart, see another guy when your heart tells you to. Be happy, it is the most important thing. I am sure you late boyfriend will be smiling above to know that you are happy. He'd be wishing it, beleive me. Stay strong.
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by smartsoft(m): 1:29am On Jun 22, 2006
mizkay:

Follow your heart, see another guy when your heart tells you to. Be happy, it is the most important thing. I am sure you late boyfriend will be smiling above to know that you are happy. He'd be wishing it, beleive me. Stay strong.

Well it depends on individual state of the mind, i can only feel guity if i can't remember again in my entier life. we all pray that may Death not claim our lifes and the one we do love darely to our heart. AMEN sad
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by mizkay(f): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2006
so what have you just said that shows the need to have me quoted?
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by Anabib(f): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2006
Hi, sorry to hear abt the late Hubby.
well i think its not about how soon you shld start dating but about how ready you are to start dating.
just take your time and dont be in a haste, you are still young and right now, you may be feeling SOOO ALONE. Please dont let such feelings get through to you, what i suggest you do is to go on dates, have fun, be with friends and loved ones, go back to school (if you dont have a college degree already), just give your self time, not only so that the wounds will heal but so that when you are ready to be commited again ina serious relationship you will be a new person.

Nb: Some men take advantage of widows, wether old or young. So please be careful and wait until you are really ready.
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by hibans(f): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2006
[bEh yeah madam sorry for the death of ur husband.

I know someone that is death is gone but u still have to hold on abit please, don't just rush into any relationship is too early i am a lady too. at least him the honour even God will appreciate it and pray for the better person.
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by eveseh(f): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2006
anytime u want
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by Coco29(f): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2006
live your life for you and follow your heart !!!
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by diddy4(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2006
i think my2cent has got a point yet. if she is over the guy, she wont be feeling guilty and stuff. but to me. the best way to get over him faster is to see someone else and for crying out loud 8 months aint too early to start. go and have fun, club party and stuff. if u had kids, it wud be different but u dont have any so go out there and get jiggy with it. like i always say, you feel guilty the first time you try it but after a while, the guilt will disappear and your life will return to normal.

sorry about your hubby and child.
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by woleprof(m): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2006
Oh im sory. i think its too early for a new relationship for now. but u should get someone that u feel for close to you so whenever you re okay with all traces of guilt you can lean on him. Remember to pick up youself and forge ahead.

that is my advice.

How are you coping now? Hope you re ok sister
Re: How Soon Should I Start Dating Again by katherinae(f): 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2006
oluchi biko

go and find ur happiness, ok be safe and take care ists not to late, it just means u recovered quickly frm the moaning nothgin wrong with that. or do u want to wait for him to findsomeone else.

(1) (Reply)

Help Long Distance Relationship / She Won't Let Me Answer Her Phone / Compelled To Marry From Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.