Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (80760 Views)

Meet The Graduate Who Sells Akara In Abuja While Waiting For Her NYSC. Photo / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Whats The Graduate Salary At Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by AdeniyiA(m): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Olojukokoro: Write an open letter to Aliko Dangote and share it on social media...fight,don't give up and name the corrupt officials..Goodluck
great!, in fact he can tweet Dangote at @Alikodangote
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by omenka(m): 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
You ruined the post with the second to last paragraph! It was absolutely needless.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ziccoit: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
I hope the PhD guys were the first to get the sacked letter. Na what the eyes dey look na him dey see.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by andyanders: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
When I said this at the initial time that those graduates will be used and dumped some people were like criticizing that statement and now you can see the proof. Graduate drivers indeed. An Housa man can NEVER allow other ethnic group to get involved.Too bad.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by sniperwolf(m): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
Pathetic!!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by AjCityOne: 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
arab-bunkum:
Information reaching my desk has confirmed that Dangote Group has quietly issued termination letters to almost all the graduate drivers that were recently employed amidst much publicity.

One of the affected graduate drivers who pleaded for anonymity, was actually crying when he narrated their ordeal. 'We went through a training program at NITT, Zaria for three months and were issued with employment letters by the Dangote Group in March 2013 at their head office in Lagos. We were all deployed to Dangote Cement Plant, Obajana ( Transport Division). At Obajana, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that we all be made to undergo an attachment with the more experienced drivers just to enable us gather much experience. We were all undergoing the attachment when, sometimes in May 2013, a directive came from the head office in Lagos, directing that all the graduate drivers that wish to leave driving should indicate interest to be converted to Fleet Officers (which is an office work).

We all wrote to be converted to Fleet Officers and that's when the drama started. Instead of doing the conversion process once as was the case when we got issued with employment letters in Lagos, the cabal at Obajana dragged it slowly to enable them to smuggle in many people who were never part of the original set that received training in Zaria and employment letters in Lagos. The conversion started in June 2013 and ended in November 2013, a period of six months for something that should not have taken more than one week for a fair minded and serious set of people.

At the end, only very few of the original graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers while the cabal in charge of the conversion exercise succeeded in getting their people into the positions meant for the graduate drivers. So, we were waiting for the exercise to continue when on December 02, 2013, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that our salaries be stopped. When we went to find out why our December salaries were stopped, they told us to come back today being January 06, 2014. So, you could imagine our surprises when, on reaching there today, they just came out and started issuing termination letters to us.'

When asked how many graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers, he replied that they were about six. He further revealed that the scheme was actually a ploy used by the company to take a loan from a foreign agency and to boost its image both at home and abroad, and that's why the company is doing away with the graduate drivers now that the deed has been done.

He further berated the set of people that heads the transport sector at Obajana, who are all Northern Hausa Muslims, for being overly incompetent and corrupt.

He is still confused as he seems confused on what to do next.

So let me get this straight. Is it because of Northern Hausa Muslims or because the company as a whole take you guys collect loan? Because to me you dey confused and quick to play tribal and religious card and if
I get company my self I no go hire you.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by zagboy(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ihimami: 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
kwajahafiz: if majority of his managers are northern Muslims, then its only a matter of time before his company starts crumbling.....

I am appalled at your statement above, it shows how tolerant some of you are and for your information, the ratio of Northerners/southerners and Muslims/christians working in Dangote is 3:1.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by okus1: 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
op I have work for dango befor he is a good man!!
I have used his money n buy my self cab
so say what u guys have done b4 coming here to say de other side
of de tory! cool cool
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by tutuwater(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Believe it or not. Dangote is not running most of the establishment well.
Dangote Transport loses a lot from accidents, improper handling and reckless driving. A lot of the cement sold do not get to the customers.
After the Graduate drivers training, the scheme was cancelled for two reasons.
1. The countries they were recruitted to transport cement to requested for drivers from their country.
2. The attitude of the training participant was not favourable to the companies management.
I hope they will all get a better more deserving job because DANGOTE is not a good working place.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
Get another job, maybe your life has just been spared by God......you don't know the plan God has for you when he's turning things around positively in a negative manner.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by kraftyiyk: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
whoever thinks Dangote is not involved in this, should think twice. cool cool
that dude has always been a smart ass ever since i knew him. grin grin grin grin, personally, i think he was cutting cost, as he discovered those graduates salary will reduce his gross income.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by wittytezzy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
gommex: D op can do nada, if a firm no more requires ur services, there is nothin u can do abt it, he has to move on
Preposterous Nigerian mentality....SMH!!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ProfGday(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
[size=14pt]why did you have to end it it northern hausa muslims??

i mean what has that got to do with anything?? you want to thell me that out of all of you that were sacked no nothern hausa muslim??

After clearly telling you the reason, to secure a loan, you still had to bring that up.

blaming your short commings on someones tribe, jst pointing at someone else its all me do in this country[/size]
aboki kai! Go and get a good education,its really obvious u're a stack illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by bajito: 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
In business, certain decisions are necessary at management level to re-address seemingly failing business decisions at any point. There is more to running a business than a lot of us seem to know about. There could be effective agitations on issues like this if the enabling environment is there for businesses to thrive.
It is unfortunate that you had to be a victim in this case. I am sure you can get something better if you have not limited yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by steffans(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
9ja is becoming a failed state...
bureaucracy every where even in private firms...
a frnd of mine who got BAT job... his name was shortchanged b4 d thing came out ....

btwn I thot dey we're sacked because of their poor driving ... Cruz accidents increased with his trucks lately
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
Before nko?

To driver tipper na play? Some of those guys didn't even know how to drive a car grin

Now do you now believe that Nigerian graduates are unemployable cry cry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Otunbab: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Is there suppose to be anything like "graduate driver" shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by kundul: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dts y FG work is still d bst cos of Job security
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by validplanet: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
arab-bunkum:
Information reaching my desk has confirmed that Dangote Group has quietly issued termination letters to almost all the graduate drivers that were recently employed amidst much publicity.

One of the affected graduate drivers who pleaded for anonymity, was actually crying when he narrated their ordeal. 'We went through a training program at NITT, Zaria for three months and were issued with employment letters by the Dangote Group in March 2013 at their head office in Lagos. We were all deployed to Dangote Cement Plant, Obajana ( Transport Division). At Obajana, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that we all be made to undergo an attachment with the more experienced drivers just to enable us gather much experience. We were all undergoing the attachment when, sometimes in May 2013, a directive came from the head office in Lagos, directing that all the graduate drivers that wish to leave driving should indicate interest to be converted to Fleet Officers (which is an office work).

We all wrote to be converted to Fleet Officers and that's when the drama started. Instead of doing the conversion process once as was the case when we got issued with employment letters in Lagos, the cabal at Obajana dragged it slowly to enable them to smuggle in many people who were never part of the original set that received training in Zaria and employment letters in Lagos. The conversion started in June 2013 and ended in November 2013, a period of six months for something that should not have taken more than one week for a fair minded and serious set of people.

At the end, only very few of the original graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers while the cabal in charge of the conversion exercise succeeded in getting their people into the positions meant for the graduate drivers. So, we were waiting for the exercise to continue when on December 02, 2013, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that our salaries be stopped. When we went to find out why our December salaries were stopped, they told us to come back today being January 06, 2014. So, you could imagine our surprises when, on reaching there today, they just came out and started issuing termination letters to us.'

When asked how many graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers, he replied that they were about six. He further revealed that the scheme was actually a ploy used by the company to take a loan from a foreign agency and to boost its image both at home and abroad, and that's why the company is doing away with the graduate drivers now that the deed has been done.

He further berated the set of people that heads the transport sector at Obajana, who are all Northern Hausa Muslims, for being overly incompetent and corrupt.

He is still confused as he seems confused on what to do next.

Tell the guy to stop crying and think with his brain to find a way out.

youwin is still on (www.youwin.org.ng). let him start from there- he now has a driving skill which can turn into a business. so he should think towards the line of transportation business which is still lucrative today.

Plan B- He should look around for close friends and family members who can help him raise a loan, with a payback spread over a period of 1 or 2 years.

dont tell me he does not have anybody to help him unless u want to tell me he has very poor relationship skills.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by onyxo76(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Its such a pity that our dear nation has degenerated to this level, back in those days what biz does a graduate have with being a driver for a company?
My prayer is that Almighty God should visit them with other and better means of livelihood.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by goldseal(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
That is unacceptable. Tell there oga to report to my office first thing tommorrow morning. Am i understood?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by tutuwater(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
okus1: op I have work for dango befor he is a good man!!
I have used his money n buy my self cab
so say what u guys have done b4 coming here to say de other side
of de tory! cool cool
I respectfully disagree. Iam yet to meet a single person that says Dangote Industry limited is a good place to work.
Everybody is complaining including Illiterate indians running the establishment.
No welfare package
Hazardous working environment
Death on work casualties is high
Average of two employee death per month.
Indians who cant write their names appointed as managers.
No promotion prospects.
Imagine 10 people were sacked on 28 december 2013.
Then Graduate drivers getting their letters on Jan 6 2014.
Dangote is a great business man but he can do better at running his companies.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by bnovative(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dongote like many other super rich nigerians, has been at the lead in cutting corners and engaging in deceitful ventures. He gets all the waivers and loans
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
When d advert callin graduates to come n become truck drivers came out, I was shoutin down d idea here, but some silly nairalanders were encouragin some brainless graduates to apply. I dey laff.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by CaptJHMiller: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Prof Gday:
aboki kai! Go and get a good education,its really obvious u're a stack illiterate.
I use a touch screen, auto-correct+typo+anger while typing..
I would not insult you. I am above that.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
before i comment , abeg why Man U vs sunderland no dey FP. abi man u no be top club again.... team gunners
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Smooyis(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
When the head is rotten what do you think will happen to the rest of the body?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Wateron: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Northern hausa Muslims......I can see he reason why he is one of those that was sacked.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by nijanigga: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
stanbiggi: Nigeria a country employers can do what they want and go free. He should try it in ghana or even zimbabwe and see what will become of dangote cement in a split seconds. I sometimes wonder if this country can be repaired again! Those days I used to work with a firm in lagos which rectifies crude ethanol. Then they decided to build a refinery in Ghana. Guess what? The ministry of employment and environmental control c.e up wt there condition. Firstly expatriates are nt allowed to do the job ghanians can do, also, 99% of the staff should be ghanians and if there be training the coy should embark on training of the personnel now and all harzardious allowance should be paid according to the stipulated policies. Tell me what the company ran back to niaja where there seems to be no law.

You can see why I don't see Nigeria as country. She is not real, Nigeria is imaginary. To be a slave in your own country. Even slaves in western world revolted, Nigerians are 200 million mumus, nothing go happen.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Chartey(m): 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
kwajahafiz: if majority of his managers are northern Muslims, then its only a matter of time before his company starts crumbling.....
And it hasn't crumbled all these years. Hausas are very smart if you don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague / VIRAL PICS of SA Doctor Looking Like a Thug - Union Defends Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.