Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (80759 Views)

Meet The Graduate Who Sells Akara In Abuja While Waiting For Her NYSC. Photo / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Whats The Graduate Salary At Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by omenpetrol: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
If true, I would be Very sure more non northerners were sacked. Tribalism and nepotism. Had similar experience with unity bank ( former bank of the north)
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Jennydoris(f): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
How true is this info?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by NafeesaAA(f): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
AjCityOne:
So let me get this straight. Is it because of Northern Hausa Muslims or because the company as a whole take you guys collect loan? Because to me you dey confused and quick to play tribal and religious card and if
I get company my self I no go hire you.

No mind th OP Why must some people always distractingly and foolishly bring Islam, Aboki, Hausa & North in every single time, in relation to every issue discussed in this forum? This attitude is a daming indictment of how some of them lack fundamentally sound reasoning. I personally think most of them are simply not exposed or even minimally sophisticated.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by funshint(m): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
If not 4 corruption within the entire system why should the entire economic fabric of the country be mortgaged to one man!! He has some of the largest companies in this continent yet he finds it difficult to adequately employ graduates. Shame of a country!!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by 1UNEC: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
Men making life difficult for other men. This report has to be investigated and if found to be true, appropriate sanction should be issued. Why raise their hopes only to dash it.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by funshint(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nafeesa AA:

No mind th OP Why must some people always distractingly and foolishly bring Islam, Aboki, Hausa & North in every single time, in relation to every issue discussed in this forum? This attitude is a daming indictment of how some of them lack fundamentally sound reasoning. I personally think most of them are simply not exposed or even minimally sophisticated.

Pls shut up is'nt that possible in Nigeria. We're in a country where many have been denied work because of their ethnicity/ religion; yet we cry of racism while we are worse. That's just blackman's inhumanity to fellow blackman!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by oc2fish: 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
[/color]Our graduate are unemployable that is why?
A lecturer friend of mine told me that she wanted to conduct practicals for a 200 level Agric students awhile ago but she was shouted down, by students just out of secondary School. They let her know that they employ aboki or use mechanised system.

I do belive thay they degree get into tje head of the graduate, At a big farm in Ibadan must PhD's work their b4 they get lecturing job.[color=#990000]Our graduate are unemployable that is why?
A lecturer friend of mine told me that she wanted to conduct practicals for a 200 level Agric students awhile ago but she was shouted down, by students just out of secondary School. They let her know that they employ aboki or use mechanised system.

I do belive thay they degree get into tje head of the graduate, At a big farm in Ibadan must PhD's work their b4 they get lecturing job.
Our graduate are unemployable that is why?

I do belive thay they degree get into tje head of the graduate, At a big farm in Ibadan must PhD's work their b4 they get lecturing job.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by lafuria1(m): 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
funshint:
Pls shut up is'nt that possible in Nigeria. We're in a country where many have been denied work because of their ethnicity/ religion; yet we cry of racism while we are worse. That's just blackman's inhumanity to fellow blackman!!
Well the company is own by a Northern hausa Muslim, if he chooses to employ only Northern hausa Muslim, no blame on him. It's a privately owned not government owned. You can ask your rich men to stop importation business and start investing in your villages, opening industry.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by hollypagan: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
mike404: YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO INSULT YOUR MASTERS IN A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE THIS angry
how can cows in human cloths be his master,kai.u deserve to sentence to death by hanging for saying this,
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by donklint86: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Naija and corruption...na wao!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by geoworldedu: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hey...what are you all doing here when there is an hotcake movie thread just within your reach. If you haven't read Everybody Is A Genius by Sammy How you are missing a lot. click here to read immediately: https://www.nairaland.com/1498966/everybody-genius-us-based-story/1#19494513
if you ever left the thread until you read it all up then call me a liar kiss
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by yinkeys(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
May God see us through tough times in this country. I feel for them already
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by olujamez(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nigerian, this call for another open letter or letters to dangote as a person stating why should he play on the psych of Nigerian graduate with the intension of loan by the arms of government of Nigeria. According to the info then,they said about five profesionals were among,their fate is now zero. But those who are concerned should take heart & move ahead for all the revelations revealed & more to come are pre-requisite for our Nation Nigeria to be Great once again & she will never be debase again.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
Chartey: Seun really has to start training moderators very well. This is a thread that can make Dangote lose public goodwill just because of someone's frustrations. If the op feels his appointment has been unjustly terminated, he should use the right channel to get redress. I no want make dem sue NL o.
In real settings, we Nigerian youths have no voice, nobody listens to us or take us serious but thankGod for seun that provided us this platform to express ourselves. The last time i check we have freedom of speech, we have many bloggers here and they should spread this till it reaches the appropriate quarters.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sepp360: Take heart Bro, yhu can still get another better job and make it, With Or Without dangote!...
Thank Your Stars that your're even a graduate!...

If I No Make Am For This Life, God No Go Happy With Me!...

go and ......................!!!!!!!be a pastoR!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 08, 2014
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by onoja12: 12:07am On Jan 08, 2014
arab-bunkum:
Information reaching my desk has confirmed that Dangote Group has quietly issued termination letters to almost all the graduate drivers that were recently employed amidst much publicity.

One of the affected graduate drivers who pleaded for anonymity, was actually crying when he narrated their ordeal. 'We went through a training program at NITT, Zaria for three months and were issued with employment letters by the Dangote Group in March 2013 at their head office in Lagos. We were all deployed to Dangote Cement Plant, Obajana ( Transport Division). At Obajana, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that we all be made to undergo an attachment with the more experienced drivers just to enable us gather much experience. We were all undergoing the attachment when, sometimes in May 2013, a directive came from the head office in Lagos, directing that all the graduate drivers that wish to leave driving should indicate interest to be converted to Fleet Officers (which is an office work).

We all wrote to be converted to Fleet Officers and that's when the drama started. Instead of doing the conversion process once as was the case when we got issued with employment letters in Lagos, the cabal at Obajana dragged it slowly to enable them to smuggle in many people who were never part of the original set that received training in Zaria and employment letters in Lagos. The conversion started in June 2013 and ended in November 2013, a period of six months for something that should not have taken more than one week for a fair minded and serious set of people.

At the end, only very few of the original graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers while the cabal in charge of the conversion exercise succeeded in getting their people into the positions meant for the graduate drivers. So, we were waiting for the exercise to continue when on December 02, 2013, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that our salaries be stopped. When we went to find out why our December salaries were stopped, they told us to come back today being January 06, 2014. So, you could imagine our surprises when, on reaching there today, they just came out and started issuing termination letters to us.'

When asked how many graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers, he replied that they were about six[b]. He further revealed that the scheme was actually a ploy used by the company to take a loan from a foreign agency and to boost its image both at home and abroad, and that's why the company is doing away with the graduate drivers now that the deed has been done.
[/b]
He further berated the set of people that heads the transport sector at Obajana, who are all Northern Hausa Muslims, for being overly incompetent and corrupt.

He is still confused as he seems confused on what to do next.

*****I'm not happy for making this front page for the first time ( January for that matter) with a bad news. He keeps asking me "What now?! I just can't figure it out!"
Pathetic indeed.*****
I find it very insulting how Nigerians worship coloured skin and yet have no respect for there own, that's why the Lebanese, Chinese even hungry Indians treat them like trash, insult and beat them up daily and they take it happily, my friend I put it to you now that for the fact Dangote tried to help your sorry ass by given you a job and free training the only rubbish you can do is to come here to spoil his good name, who told you that dangote needs to polish his image to get a loan, if you have a problem with his staffs find the right way to channel it but as for trying to slander Dangotes good name for doing a good deed for you, then you must be wicked and you deserve nothing good, my advice immediately tender an apology and retract that statement with speed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by unmask: 12:24am On Jan 08, 2014
the mumu said "nothern
hausa muslim".....I won't be surprised if he is a southern yoruba/igbo christian

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by hasyak(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2014
Do not judge based on one sided information, the writer is bias even from his writeup. Dangote employs more 30,000 people directly.

Imagine how daft, needs them to secure a loan? everything is cabal even in a private biz?

So for him to sack them, then something most be wrong with them, if they were useful i dont think he will sack them.

FYI, he only tried to employ the graduate drivers out of pity, If you think you deserve better go do it yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ogaibe1(m): 12:35am On Jan 08, 2014
Write to the newspapers and television stations if possible use social media to tell this story. This is the reason why nigeria is deteriorating, if you dont fight back nothing will happen. Oga Dangote might not even be aware of what happened. You have the power to move this story use facebook and other social media. if possible use other international media too that is how information is diseminated because they used you as a guinea pig to get what they wanted.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 08, 2014
This is so unfair!

But who will touch dangote, when he buys presidents with campaign donations even b4 they get into office.

Who will fight this injustice? Sacking people without notice and no pay? Where in the world but Nigeria
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ogaibe1(m): 12:41am On Jan 08, 2014
onoja12: I find it very insulting how Nigerians worship coloured skin and yet have no respect for there own, that's why the Lebanese, Chinese even hungry Indians treat them like trash, insult and beat them up daily and they take it happily, my friend I put it to you now that for the fact Dangote tried to help your sorry ass by given you a job and free training the only rubbish you can do is to come here to spoil his good name, who told you that dangote needs to polish his image to get a loan, if you have a problem with his staffs find the right way to channel it but as for trying to slander Dangotes good name for doing a good deed for you, then you must be wicked and you deserve nothing good, my advice immediately tender an apology and retract that statement with speed

(Mr i find it very insulting) You werent an eyewitness to this man's story. SO if you dont have a credible information you can't criticize him. 9 out of ten times this story happens to be true.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by hunkydory(m): 12:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Raymondenyi: Hw credible is dis info?
Your question should be "how true is the info"cos the credibility depends on what each individual feels and not what actually is.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ekmike(m): 1:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Sepp360:

If I No Make Am For This Life, God No Go Happy With Me!...

u speak the truth, its safe to decide the future than let the future decide 4u
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by emmabest2000(m): 1:10am On Jan 08, 2014
gommex: D op can do nada, if a firm no more requires ur services, there is nothin u can do abt it, he has to move on

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Ayatullah(m): 1:21am On Jan 08, 2014
arab-bunkum:
Information reaching my desk has confirmed that Dangote Group has quietly issued termination letters to almost all the graduate drivers that were recently employed amidst much publicity.

One of the affected graduate drivers who pleaded for anonymity, was actually crying when he narrated their ordeal.

He is still confused as he seems confused on what to do next.

*****I'm not happy for making this front page for the first time ( January for that matter) with a bad news. He keeps asking me "What now?! I just can't figure it out!"
Pathetic indeed.*****

Crying for what? Is that how lazy and cowardly he is?........What a Graduate Driver he is

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by NetBizguy: 1:25am On Jan 08, 2014
were they paid off? they should be paid off three months salary if the firms had found nothing wrong about them
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by dangiwa09(m): 1:40am On Jan 08, 2014
fr3do: Too bad
But Employing over qualified people is dangerous

How are they over qualified? A lot of truck drivers in Europe, America and Canada have bachelors/masters degrees. And besides, degrees in Nigeria have diminished quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague / VIRAL PICS of SA Doctor Looking Like a Thug - Union Defends Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.