Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters (66319 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Blueeyedboi(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
cbrass:

The problem with you people is you hate the truth

Can you tell me a single ibo man that has come out to speak against Odua

And out of every 10 ibo man how many is supporting her

What do you do when people that should know like profs,lawyers from your tribe are also behind her

Even your so called ohaneze is also supporting her
So what picture do you paint about your selfs then
.....Shut your mouth...Yorubas are attacking her cos you people have an issue with the fact she's sanitizing the aviation industry....an industry that has been crippled under the strangle-hold of Yorubas...you people should stop making it look like you're fighting corruption...this is a clear case of witch-hunting and we'll stand by her till the very last.......at the end, nothing will happen.....let's watch and see....bunch of clowns...
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
manny4life:

Not even a million and one of you can make me go anywhere...

Until you have proof that she submitted forged and illegal documents, till then, you're ranting. Show us facts and not hearsay.

The fact that she submitted this or that kind of document is not the issue here and I even care less about all that at this moment, the issue here is you saying presenting fake degrees is lies and not forgery and also that she doesn't deserve to go to jail when in fact forgery is a criminal act in Nigeria and people go to jail for such acts.

This is about your own ignorance, flawed and mediocre intellect and usual olodo ways.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Blue-eyed boi:
.....Shut your mouth...Yorubas are attacking her cos you people have an issue with the fact she's sanitizing the aviation industry....an industry that has been crippled under the strangle-hold of Yorubas...you people should stop making it look like you're fighting corruption...this is a clear case of witch-hunting and we'll stand by her till the very last.......at the end, nothing will happen.....let's watch and see....bunch of clowns...

No bro at the end she'll get what she deserves and all of you defending her will share in her recompense that the natural order will dish on her.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
agbameta:

The fact that she submitted this or that kind of document is not the issue here and I even care less about all that at this moment, the issue here is you saying presenting fake degrees is lies and not forgery.

This is about your own ignorance, flawed and mediocre intellect and usual olodo ways.

I know how you spin your rubbish, and want to get me into your useless back and forth, like I said, she LIED. Now the burden is on you to prove with documentation that she FORGED. Show us where she stated or acted, with intention to mislead that she had an MBA from the college. Btw, the Senate has released information that what was submitted before them said "she stayed back in the U.S." so till you're able to prove otherwise, I have no time for useless ranting with you.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
DerideGull:

Would you not agree that only a dullard will conclude that the statement “she immediately stayed back to study for her Masters Degree which she achieved in 1983” meant she stayed back at St. Paul’s College Lawrenceville?

From the context of the paragraph, the statement “she immediately stayed back to study for her Masters Degree which she achieved in 1983” meant she stay back in USA to pursue her masters degree instead of returning to Nigeria.

Dedemoron, don't worry, we go soon find out where she stayed back at and where her Masters degree came from and the fact that she's getting rid of any online references means we are getting there.

SR, PT and other diligent actors are hard at work trying to unravel this crooked fiasco..It's just a matter of time grasshopper...
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by eGuerrrilla: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
ndu_chucks:

Some of us are willing to give Stella the benefit of the doubt, but I must confess that things are not looking very good. She was in the US for exactly 4 years and left with a master's degree. This remarkable achievement means that she completed her studies in record time. My question is, why did she not highlight such a significant achievement in her CV

You are fast becoming a legend for your uncanny ability to deliver two-footed tackles around these parts. grin
The doubt conveyed in the emboldened portion of your post betrays just the kind of thinking we need in our law enforcement agencies.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by occam(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
DerideGull:

Would you not agree that only a dullard will conclude that the statement “she immediately stayed back to study for her Masters Degree which she achieved in 1983” meant she stayed back at St. Paul’s College Lawrenceville?

From the context of the paragraph, the statement “she immediately stayed back to study for her Masters Degree which she achieved in 1983” meant she stay back in USA to pursue her masters degree instead of returning to Nigeria.

This statement shows the woman is not credible. In a citation you have to be precise with the facts. (example: B.Sc, St Paul's College and MBA St. Paul College or whichever university)

Making vague statement like this indicates she's hiding material information
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
manny4life:

I know how you spin your rubbish, and want to get me into your useless back and forth, like I said, she LIED. Now the burden is on you to prove with documentation that she FORGED. Show us where she stated or acted, with intention to mislead that she had an MBA from the college. Btw, the Senate has released information that what was submitted before them said "she stayed back in the U.S." so till you're able to prove otherwise, I have no time for useless ranting with you.

Again, what she did or did not do has nothing to do with you and you flawed understanding of common sense, basic laws and right and wrong in your own country.

The issue here is you saying presenting fake degrees is lies and not forgery. and she doesn't deserve to go to jail for lying.

Would you like me to pull up your quote?

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
ndu_chucks:

Some of us are willing to give Stella the benefit of the doubt, but I must confess that things are not looking very good. She was in the US for exactly 4 years and left with a master's degree. This remarkable achievement means that she completed her studies in record time. My question is, why did she not highlight such a significant achievement in her CV

When resources do not factor as impediments, I have personally seen brilliant kids complete programs from schools of physical sciences and engineering in a record time.

Only loudmouthed extroverts tend to make noise over such a significant achievement and create a special corner in their curriculum vitae. Why have you not inquired how she landed lucrative job at NNPC? Those who worked with her acknowledged the fact that she is not some slush academically.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 9:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
agbameta:

Again, what she did or did not do has nothing to do with you and you flawed understanding of common sense, basic laws and right and wrong in your own country.

The issue here is you saying presenting fake degrees is lies and not forgery. and she doesn't deserve to go to jail for lying.

Would you like me to pull up your quote?

I know your tactics and definitely not falling for such stupidity

Go ahead and pull the quote where I said "presenting fake degrees is lies not forgery"...While you're at it, I couldn't have just made a comment because I wanted to, don't forget to reference the context of what I was talking about.

I'm done with your dumb dumb for real, for real...
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
You have one chance to show where I made such statement, I have no time for back and forth with u.. If you're unable to do so, I'll ignore you, believe that.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by cbrass(m): 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
agbameta:

Ignorant village olodo, I thought you left with your shame?

Have you figured out that presenting fake degrees and diplomas is forgery, illegal and criminal in your own country?

See don't waste your time and MB on him/her....some people wdont have shame at all

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
cbrass:

See don't waste your time and MB on him/her....some people wdont have shame at all

I'm crying cry cry cry cry
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by sailormoon: 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
I cracked up when I saw this, her team have now erased all education references online, allegedly lol
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by LoveDecay(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
DerideGull:

awodman:

Looking curiously at the bolded,we can deduce Stella was emphatic that Sнε had her Undergraduate studies in St Paul's College but didn't state exactly where Sнε had her Master's degree. Sнε simply stated that Sнε stayed back after her Bachelor's degree so as to get a Master's...Staying back could be interpreted to mean alot of things depending on the school of thought you belong to...it could mean staying back in the USA or staying back at St Pauls College....Until it be proved without reasonable doubt that she "stayed back in St Paul's College",let this vilification stop...

Meanwhile,whenever it has been proved conclusively that Stella lied about going to St Paul's College for her Masters... Sнε should be dealt with Mercilessly..

Q. Where did she complete her first degree ?
Your ans. St. Paul’s College Lawrenceville !

Q. In the following passage, what does the statement "so she immediately stayed back" relate to ?
Your ans. it could mean staying back in the USA or staying back at St Pauls College .

Now, it's my turn. And, i believe i speak for like minds !

First, i will like to clarify that U.S.A is not an educational institution it is a country . Awodman take note ! grin

Since you "awodman" claim she (stella's) staying back could mean anything. We (speaking for like minds) accept this as a fact.

That Stella Oduah, successfully completed her Master degree in the United States. Though, there are no clear documents stating which "University" she got her Master's degree from.

Nevertheless, it can't be from St.Paul cos they don't award such degree's in that (St.Paul) institution. But Stella Master's degree is from an accredited American Institution, not a Nigerian, British, Ghanaian or South African Institution.

Hence, Stella must present a masters degree from 1983, to Nigeria citizen's and this degree must be an American Degree (Masters).

---------------------------------------
You can see here for details on her educational achievements: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/opinion/stella-oduah-an-amazon-of-transformation/
See here for awodman's statement: https://www.nairaland.com/1584563/stellas-citation-submitted-senate-during#20740662
and here for deride's statement: https://www.nairaland.com/1583301/stella-oduah-lied-mba-degree/18#20741114

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
manny4life: You have one chance to show where I made such statement, I have no time for back and forth with u.. If you're unable to do so, I'll ignore you, believe that.

manny4life:

Thank you for the generous information, but you haven't said what fraud she committed...If lying is fraud, then I'm speechless.

That's your BS up there. From your above quote and according to you, she lied, but didn't commit any fraudulent act....

And this is after begging people to help you with the definition for fraud.

What a sad and pathetic grown asss olodo you are.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
agbameta:
That's your BS up there. From your above quote and according to you, she lied, but didn't commit any fraudulent act....
And this is after begging people to help you with the definition for fraud.
What a sad and pathetic grown asss olodo you are.

As usual,

Nairalanders, PLEASE someone help me reconcile these two statements...

manny4life:
I know your tactics and definitely not falling for such stupidity
Go ahead and pull the quote where I said "presenting fake degrees is lies not forgery"...While you're at it, I couldn't have just made a comment because I wanted to, don't forget to reference the context of what I was talking about.
I'm done with your dumb dumb for real, for real...

You said, let's exempt her out of this, that I "specifically said "presenting fake degrees is lies not forgery", and I awaited your response..now this? Lol

What a shameless dude, couldn't find the exact words, now resort to one line sentence...

People lie everyday in the media, in the court, at the workplace, at school, everywhere...Lies are perpetuated. According to my statement since we're exempting her, when does lie turn into fraud?

I'm officially done with this dude.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Stella must respond to this allegations against her
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
manny4life:

[s]As usual,

What a shameless dude, couldn't find the exact words, now resort to one line sentence...

I'm officially done with this dude.[/s]

If lying is fraud, then I'm speechless.

STFU. Olodo oshi, you mind explaining the above quote.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
agbameta:

STFU. Olodo oshi, you mind explaining the above quote.

Again, people lie at some point in their life, even you... Husband lies to wife, student lies to teachers, lawyers lies to judges and jury, government lies to citizens, and the list is endless... Again, tell me how a lie = FRAUD? cheesy cheesy
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by DaRocha: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
rockbase360: Stella Oduah, Nigeria’s Minister of Aviation who is embroiled in a scandal of towering proportions in the ministry, faces new integrity questions as her Masters’ degree has been challenged by the United States school which supposedly awarded it.

Her resume, which she presented to the Senate as a ministerial nominee in 2011, indicated she obtained a Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) from St. Paul’s College Lawrenceville, Virginia, United States.

But SaharaReporters has learned from the President of the college that it has never in its 125-year history had a graduate school or graduate program.

The Provost Vice President of Academic Affairs, and the Vice President of Institutional Development said in response to our inquiries, “We don’t offer any graduate programs here.”

Similarly, the school’s website states: “Saint Paul's College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate [bachelor’s] degrees.” There is no mention of graduate degrees.

The Minister’s documentation shows she received an undergraduate degree in accounting from the college in 1982, but Dr. Claud Flythe, St. Paul’s current president, could neither confirm nor deny this during a phone conversation with SaharaReporters. Further verification with the Office of Alumni Affairs is also currently impossible, the school said, because the college has been closed since June 2013 to loss of its accreditation.

“[Oduah] realized very early in life the indispensability of a sound education in her growth plans in life and therefore pursued her education with all diligence and sense of purpose,” her documents claimed, adding that a determination “to have the best education at the highest level” prompted her stay at the Virginia college in 1983 for the MBA programme.

As her public relations machinery marched on, in December 2012 The Sun newspaper published an article headlined “Stella Oduah: An Amazon of transformation,” which lauded her “MBA from St Paul’s College, Lawrenceville Virginia USA.” The story also praised her for being an official who brought her “rich educational background to bear on the aviation sector by automating revenue centers in all the agencies and parastatals to boost their revenue profile and enhance transparency and accountability in the system.”

In October, SaharaReporters broke the story that Mrs. Oduah, a former campaign manager for President Goodluck Jonathan, purchased two bulletproof BMW cars worth $ 1.6 Million (N255m) through the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, for her own use.

Following an investigation, the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation dismissed the Minister’s pleas of innocence and all her rebuttals during her testimony. The committee’s report, which was subsequently adopted by the House, declared that no budgetary appropriation had been made for the purchase of the cars, and that the NCAA proposal for their purchase was rejected.

President Jonathan also set up a three-member administrative panel to investigate the matter, but he immediately travelled out of the country with Mrs. Oduah and Colonel Dasuki, the National Security Adviser who was to serve as a member of the panel. Not only did the panel submit its report much later than the two weeks it was given for the assignment, Mr. Jonathan has refused to release its report.

Mrs. Oduah’s new certificate questions are certain to feed into national concern about her credibility as an elected official, but also about Mr. Jonathan’s credibility, and about the nation’s security apparatus which verifies official documents offered to the Senate for official nominations.

If Mrs. Oduah deliberately deceived the Senate, it remains to be seen if the Upper House will be sufficiently motivated to take up the matter with the Executive.

Meanwhile, Nigeria’s aviation industry continues to face a massive challenge, with struggling airports and airlines, as well as financial and administrative pitfalls that hinder expansion and development.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-college-says-it-did-not-award-mba-stella-oduah-it-has-no-masters-programme

Madam Stella has now doctored her wiki page. See below. Why can't she state the school she attended in the USA? In addition, she is no more married to Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi. They have not seen each other in years.

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi (born January 5, 1962) is the Nigerian Minister of Aviation. She was confirmed to the post and sworn in on July 2, 2011.[1][2] and was deployed to the Ministry of Aviation on July 4, 2011.[3][4][5] She was also active in the political campaign of Goodluck Jonathan, the current President of Nigeria; where she served as his campaign's Director of Administration and Finance.[6]

Background

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi was born to Igwe D.O. Oduah of Akili-Ozizor, Ogbaru L.G.A. in Anambra State on January 5, 1962.[7] Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.[8]

In 1992, she left the NNPC to establish the Sea Petroleum & Gas Company Limited (SPG), an independent marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria.[9]

She is married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi[8] and has children.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by cbrass(m): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
manny4life:

As usual,

You said, let's exempt her out of this, that I "specifically said "presenting fake degrees is lies not forgery", and I awaited your response..now this? Lol

People lie everyday in the media, in the court, at the workplace, at school, everywhere...Lies are perpetuated. According to my statement since we're exempting her, when does lie turn into fraud?

I'm officially done with this dude.

Lmao!!!!
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Darn!! This thread is hysterical!! grin

Are you lot debating if lying by misrepresentation to gain advantage is a fraud or not? shocked FML!!!!

This is so unreal!!

“The more real(er) you get the more unreal the world gets.” - John Lennon

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
occam:

This statement shows the woman is not credible. In a citation you have to be precise with the facts. (example: B.Sc, St Paul's College and MBA St. Paul College or whichever university)

Making vague statement like this indicates she's hiding material information

It is very unfortunate you have concluded Stella Oduah made the alleged statements.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by sailormoon: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
shymexx:
Are you lot debating if lying by misrepresentation to gain advantage is a fraud or not? shocked FML!!!!
lol
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
sailormoon:
lol

I might have to sail to the moon with you - this world is fvcked up.

I'm out!!~~~~~~~~~~~~off to the moon I go!!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by pazienza(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Yor.obas are pathetic human beings, watch them whine and cry when stella comes to defend herself. A single igbo princess, using the whole of yo.roba people to play football, get them riled up, and then give them a proper smack down! Stella bu nwanyi kajara akaja! *grins*

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by occam(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
DerideGull:

It is very unfortunate you have concluded Stella Oduah made the alleged statements.

She approved and authorized the statement. And it's not an allegation; it was put out there to support her ministerial appointment
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Fhemmmy: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
pazienza: Yor.obas are pathetic human beings, watch them whine and cry when stella comes to defend herself. A single igbo princess, using the whole of yo.roba people to play football, get them riled up, and then give them a proper smack down! Stella bu nwanyi kajara akaja! *grins*

Wow, what a comment about a whole tribe. cry

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by callmenow: 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Why the hatred for a group that constitutes a third of the Population. Nigeria is our fatherland, whether you like it or not. Haters never prosper.

pazienza: Yor.obas are pathetic human beings, watch them whine and cry when stella comes to defend herself. A single igbo princess, using the whole of yo.roba people to play football, get them riled up, and then give them a proper smack down! Stella bu nwanyi kajara akaja! *grins*
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Wow, what a comment about a whole tribe. cry

Bros, I respect you but I'm surprised you did not say anything when @superstar1 attacked the whole Igbo because of one person reason why I reversed instantly. The post he replied was because the dude took a shot calling the Igbos again... Like seriously?
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
manny4life:

Again, people lie at some point in their life, even you... Husband lies to wife, student lies to teachers, lawyers lies to judges and jury, government lies to citizens, and the list is endless... Again, tell me how a lie = FRAUD? cheesy cheesy

The Lagos state police command has charged 23 students of the Ikeja Police College with falsification of educational qualifications at an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court.

Police prosecutor, Barth Nwaokeye, said the accused students falsely declared that they held National Certificate in Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) from various institutions in the country.

He argued that the “rogue students” tricked the collage’s recruiting officers with their false qualifications and gained admission into the collage.

http://www.nigeriapolicewatch.com/2012/03/nigeria-police-hopefuls-charged-with-certificate-forgery/

Ignorant olodo, it's not a lie in your country, it's a criminal offence and people go to jail, you dumb asss dullard...

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action / How They Buried HID Awolowo (photos) / If You No Wan Vote For APC Go Your House - Thug Threatens Voters In Lagos (vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.