Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,342 members, 7,867,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Angered Aunty - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Angered Aunty (865 Views)

Yansh Pad Is Trending – Aunty You Wear Yansh?…lol / How Do You Handle An Abusive And Easily Angered Lady / My Aunty's Husband Wants To Marry Me. He Says He's In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angered Aunty by it47: 3:09am On Jan 07, 2014
Please help with some advice:
I am a westerner, and I have accidentally offended my boyfriend's Aunty. She is very important to him but is a distant relation....I did not know I needed to treat her like I would treat my close family. I have not been directly rude, I just did not know I needed to send greetings for the holidays when they were all together.
I seem to have made a classic westener mistake......please, what should I do to apologise?
Re: Angered Aunty by clemz85(m): 4:54am On Jan 07, 2014
op I didn't see where you wrote your offence,
tell us W H A T H A V E Y O U D O N E ? to her
Re: Angered Aunty by smajatt(m): 7:19am On Jan 07, 2014
i don't think you have done anything wrong per se,but if not calling her as you stated was what angered her,well i think you bf has a lot of job to do.........there are times when we cover those we love up 1c in a while,he could have given his aunty a reason why you could not call her at the moment,and immediately update you on the situation and what to do.
Re: Angered Aunty by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 07, 2014
clemz85: op I didn't see where you wrote your offence,
may it be well with you
Re: Angered Aunty by smajatt(m): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2014
clemz85: op I didn't see where you wrote your offence,
its there now.
She dint send season greetings to her,'a classic western mistake'......in her words. I belive her cos i know how our people here think 'especially the elderly 1c'.
Re: Angered Aunty by Joel3(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2014
Umm. Then ask your boyfriend for her number and then call her directly to apologies for not noticing her when she was around. Tell her you are sorry and it wont happen again.
Re: Angered Aunty by MrCork: 9:07am On Jan 07, 2014
it47: Please help with some advice:
I am a westerner, and I have accidentally offended my boyfriend's Aunty. She is very important to him but is a distant relation....I did not know I needed to treat her like I would treat my close family. I have not been directly rude, I just did not know I needed to send greetings for the holidays when they were all together.
I seem to have made a classic westener mistake......please, what should I do to apologise?

...so u cuss his aunty for no reason?....I giv up! undecided
Re: Angered Aunty by it47: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Thank you, that is really helpful. I didn't mean to be rude, it is just in my country we never send greetings to the family of our friends. It did not occur to me she might want me to. I will ask my boyfriend to sort it out for me I think, good advice. He knows her best after all - maybe he will agree as you said, that I should phone her directly.
'To greet her' does mean just say hello respectfully? It doesn't mean a gift as well does it?
And do I just need to greet the relatives that are important to him, the relatives he is with at the time I speak to him, or all elders all the time?
It is tricky this naija customs thing - so many different ones I dont know anything of yet! So many chances to offend by mistake shocked

(1) (Reply)

The One Thing That Spoils All The Sexiness Of A Lady / What Is Wrong If She Calls Me / Pls Advice Urgently!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.