Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat (45496 Views)

Black Female Physicist Pioneers Technology That Kills Cancer Cells With Lasers / The Miracle Juice That Kills Cancer And Fibroid Cells / 7 Meals That Boosts hard on In Men.must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by kwajahafiz(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
Its Jonathan: Here are the 17 foods that helps you burn fat off your body:

1. Plantain (Green)
2. Lemon (Zap some of it in water to drink daily)fresh-fruit-and-vegetables
3. Red & Green Pepper
4. Water Melon (Juicy!)
5. Ginger
6. Beans
7. Soy Beans
8. Grapes
9. Nuts (Cashew, Peanuts & Walnuts ) Contains Omega 3 healthy fat
10. Mushrooms
11. Sea foods (e.g. Sardine, Crabs, Cray fish, Crustaceans)
12. Olive Oil
13. Onion & Garlic
14. Wheat & Oat based food (Wheat bread, Wheat meal, Quaker Oats)
15. Bananas
16. African Mango
17. Brown or Ofada Rice (healthier than white rice)

There you go with the seventeen foods. However, While writing these foods down, I came up with two other bonus Foods:

1. Egg, plus the yolk.
2 Avocados (Popularly called Pear in Nigeria)

Add these foods in your daily food intake. They are readily available for you here in Nigeria and you can source them from the market.

http://naijaweightloss.com/17-surprising-nigerian-foods-that-kills-belly-fat/
source- wearemales..com

your just repeating what you have read without adequate research or even understanding of the subject matter as could be attested to by your writing......no food actually strips fat from the body...at most they are low in calories and fat. and should also be consumed in moderation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by jtenna: 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
I dont agree with some. Egg yoke is so high in cholesterol. How is it healthy?
For effective weight loss check out my thread in my signature below.
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
@ ALL, how can one get ORIGINAL OLIVE OIL.

THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by chairman: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
nkpom mpko: Ok, 12. A think say olive oil na for anoiting grin
yes, to anoint the exra fat, though your spellings are wrong
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by joshuaidibia(m): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
nekaa: I really needed to see this..
chekd ya pix. U no fat na.
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by Royver(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
bobo65: Buh seriously una dey try o
D last time wey I try fast for 6 hrs, na drip wey I wake up with
grin
ROTFLMAO!! grin
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by Ishilove: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
adeola_drg:

Les see..
17. I read this in a bch textbook long ago. Very true.
15. Banana contains the enzyme bromolain. This increases and man's libido and reverses potency in some. It also helps the digestive process and prevents constipation.
Dull men take note grin
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by kevoh(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Instead of butter or mayonaise spread on bread try Avocado pear. It tastes great and better that butter/mayonaise in terms of health benefits.
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by GentleFrank(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by adeoladrg(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
longshanks23:
When u say 'affect' insulin, do u mean to increase or decrease d output? Is insulin lipolytic or lipogenic?

Kk, insulin acts on many cells
in your body, especially those in the liver, muscle
and fat tissue. Insulin tells the cells to:
Absorb glucose, fatty acids and amino acids
Stop breaking down glucose, fatty acids and
amino acids; glycogen into glucose; fats into fatty
acids and glycerol; and proteins into amino acids.
Start building glycogen from glucose; fats from glycerol and fatty acids;
and proteins from amino acids
The activity of lipoprotein lipases depends upon
the levels of insulin in the body. If insulin is high,
then the lipases are highly active; if insulin is low,
the lipases are inactive. Hope this answers ur question.
The fatty acids are then absorbed from the blood
into fat cells, muscle cells and liver cells. In these
cells, under stimulation by insulin, fatty acids are
made into fat molecules and stored as fat droplets.
It is also very possible for fat cells to take up glucose
and amino acids, which have been absorbed into
the bloodstream after a meal, and convert those
into fat molecules.
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by joaquin64(m): 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
Food that kills fat. Just listen to yourselves and review your logic again. What a fail.

So, lets assume I listened to you and I ate 400g of brown rice a day(you said it kills body fat, right?), that should amount up to say 1200 Kcal. I also ate some of the other things you listed that "kills fat" and that brought my daily calorie intake to lets say 2500 Kcal. . In the end, I ate 500 calories more than my Basic Metabolic Rate. No excercise. Nothing to burn off the calories I just took in. At least I know all I ate where foods that "kill body fat" so I would not be fat at all or I will lose weight.

My friend you people should stop fooling yourselves and go lift some damn weights! You will pick up just about anything from the internet and believe it. You would never do research to understand how the body works but expect miracles. Some of you don't even know what your BMR's are or if you are ecto, endo or mesomorph body types. Many of you have absolutely no idea how "fat" is stored in the body or how carbs and protein play a role in it. Do you even know what the word fat is in the first place?

There is no food that "kills fat". They even put olive oil there on the list and I am sure many of you will still believe that kills fat. Olive oil is only rich in monosaturated fat (the good kind of fat) and not polysaturated fat. Either way, go and drink a whole bottle of olive oil and see if you would slim down tomorrow na! The only thing that kills fat is you going to the damn gym or playing some damn sports and burning off excess calories you got from food that day. Except you want to eat less than your BMR everyday or starve yourselves everyday till you lose weight, then be my guest.

You dont have to be a nutritionist or a fitness expert to understand logic.

Food that kills body fat? My left toe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by Negation: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nice list OP!

I'm not a scientist, only a hobbyist nutritionalist, but here's my take:

1.) Green Plantain - try making 'swallow' with this, then knack it with egusi/veg.... tongue Incredible! (Almost certain it burns fats - experience)
2.) Lemon - Used in fruit fasts with celebs who usually need to look smaller in a matter of weeks
3.) Red & Green pepper - I know this does a lot of good for the skin, especially when juiced.
4.) Water melon - Not sure about this one. Then again, Google 'Watermelon AND weight loss'...
5.) Ginger - It works by improving metabolism and improving digestion.
6.) Beans - Protein - 'Nuff said.
7.) I can't really cosign Soy beans...it might be a personally thing, but soy......nah.
8.) Grapes - again used with fruit fasting
9.) Nuts - Protein food, but be careful with how much you take (almonds are great for the body).
11.) Sea food - Protein plus water nutrients = hit.
12.) Olive oil - Healthy oils. Contrary to what’s being passed around, eating fats doesn't necessarily make one fat; it depends on the type of fat, some are actually very very good for the body. Mediterranean cultures OD on olive oil - check out their health stats
13.) Onion & Garlic - Super useful 'herbs', especially garlic. Some people take raw garlic and water to lose weight (fast). Garlic does a lot of good stuff.
14.) Again, can't really cosign wheat and oat based food. Grains.
16.) Don't have too much experience with this - I only take it when I've OD on sugary foods/drinks, but it's meant to be a natural weight loss food.

Avocados and egg yolks are also good fats (old school nutritional science has ostracized the latter in the name of cholesterol, but they're catching up. Additionally, good fats work by filling up the stomach with less).

I'd suggest fish oil (i.e., Cod liver oil) as well.
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by Thereishel: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2014

1. Plantain (Green)
2. Lemon (Zap some of it in water to drink daily)fresh-fruit-and-vegetables
3. Red & Green Pepper
4. Water Melon (Juicy!)
5. Ginger
6. Beans
7. Soy Beans
8. Grapes
9. Nuts (Cashew, Peanuts & Walnuts ) Contains Omega 3 healthy fat
10. Mushrooms
11. Sea foods (e.g. Sardine, Crabs, Cray fish, Crustaceans)
12. Olive Oil
13. Onion & Garlic
14. Wheat & Oat based food (Wheat bread, Wheat meal, Quaker Oats)
15. Bananas
16. African Mango
17. Brown or Ofada Rice (healthier than white rice)

There you go with the seventeen foods. However, While writing these foods down, I came up with two other bonus Foods:

1. Egg, plus the yolk.
2 Avocados (Popularly called Pear in Nigeria)

Add these foods in your daily food intake. They are readily available for you here in Nigeria and you can source them from the market.

15 shd not be in the group, Banana cause belly fat
http://wearemales..com
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by ikkings(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
OP garri no dey for ur list, so u mean all the eba and egusi I have been eating all this while no follow? chei
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by iamdsam: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ok. Good one. I'll try them out but if he nor work, you go give me my money I spend take buy them back.
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by iamdsam: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
joaquin64: Food that kills fat. Just listen to yourselves and review your logic again. What a fail.

So, lets assume I listened to you and I ate 400g of brown rice a day(you said it kills body fat, right?), that should amount up to say 1200 Kcal. I also ate some of the other things you listed that "kills fat" and that brought my daily calorie intake to lets say 2500 Kcal. . In the end, I ate 500 calories more than my Basic Metabolic Rate. No excercise. Nothing to burn off the calories I just took in. At least I know all I ate where foods that "kill body fat" so I would not be fat at all or I will lose weight.

My friend you people should stop fooling yourselves and go lift some damn weights! You will pick up just about anything from the internet and believe it. You would never do research to understand how the body works but expect miracles. Some of you don't even know what your BMR's are or if you are ecto, endo or mesomorph body types. Many of you have absolutely no idea how "fat" is stored in the body or how carbs and protein play a role in it. Do you even know what the word fat is in the first place?

There is no food that "kills fat". They even put olive oil there on the list and I am sure many of you will still believe that kills fat. Olive oil is only rich in monosaturated fat (the good kind of fat) and not polysaturated fat. Either way, go and drink a whole bottle of olive oil and see if you would slim down tomorrow na! The only thing that kills fat is you going to the damn gym or playing some damn sports and burning off excess calories you got from food that day. Except you want to eat less than your BMR everyday or starve yourselves everyday till you lose weight, then be my guest.

You dont have to be a nutritionist or a fitness expert to understand logic.

Food that kills body fat? My left toe.
You talk true jare

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by nerodenero: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
gingernut: Exercise is the most effective way to burn fat.
Eating the aforementioned foods are without stress but exercise is energy-sapping.Anyway,you are on point!
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by nwgoziri(m): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
F9@OP
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by NIYIXKID(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
U really make a point
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by koreat(m): 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
ok I need Fat wah ll I Eat?
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by othenok(f): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2014
BodyKiss: Wrong list, at least for olive oil, quaker oat, Peanuts & Walnuts.

They don't kill body fat, rather, they produces unsaturated fat.

Oatmeal produces unsaturated fat? Are you kidding me?

www.livestrong.com/article/365627-is-oatmeal-a-good-breakfast-for-weight-loss/#page=1
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by othenok(f): 10:17am On Jan 10, 2014
Started my watermelon diet with exercise on the 5th and so far I ve lost 2kg.

I eat both the peel and seed. So far am happy with the outcome. By tomorrow I would be introducing protein and a little carb to my diet.

Never believed I could do it. So far it has been easy peasy. :-)
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by Skarr(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2014
9. Nuts (Cashew, Peanuts, walnuts)

since snickers contain peanuts, can i eat it everyday and still loose weight? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by jackmarlic: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
Thanks a lot! There were a few other good answers on here, too!

belly fat workouts
Re: Nigerian Meals That Kills Body Fat by jbblues24(m): 6:47am On May 31, 2019
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways You Can Get An STD Without Being Intimate / One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC / Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.