Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? (963 Views)

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / I Need An Advice: Can Tribe Be A Barrier / Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by franckie: 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2008
I need you people's advise,I have been going out with a girl for the past six years and I love her so much and she does too,the problem now is my father is against the relationship,on the ground that, the Ishan's (Edo state)are not good people because she is from there now I am so confuse I don't know what to do, though my mother and siblings are neutral.The mere thought of ending the relationship makes me feel like dying.Please, I need your advise.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by ssRhino: 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2008
franckie:

I need you people's advise,I have been going out with a girl for the past six years and I love her so much and she does too,the problem now is my father is against the relationship,on the ground that, the Ishan's (Edo state)are not good people because she is from there now I am so confuse I don't know what to do, though my mother and siblings are neutral.The mere thought of ending the relationship makes me feel like dieing.Please, I need your advise.

send pple to go beg your father and let your father understand that she is ishan, and shdnt be crucified cos of where she originated from.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by zeal500: 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
what u need is to get ur facts on while it must be her.
Thus u need to be a good negotiator as u position ur self towards dt direction

u do not need to quarrel with Ur father but make him see reasons why it must be her and as well pray abt it because brother," WEDDING NO BI MARRIAGE"
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by eldee(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2008
@Topic
What can I say? It's naija grin
I once had a friend who's already decided that he could marry any woman from any race, as in Asian, Causcasian, South African, but he was definitely never have anything to do with an OSU
I asked what OSU meant, turned out he was talking bout a sect of Igbo people
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
franckie:

I need you people's advise,I have been going out with a girl for the past six years and I love her so much and she does too,the problem now is my father is against the relationship,on the ground that, the Ishan's (Edo state)are not good people because she is from there now I am so confuse I don't know what to do, though my mother and siblings are neutral.The mere thought of ending the relationship makes me feel like dying.Please, I need your advise.

Ask him how many Ishan people he has met. Tribe should have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by femzy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2008
no no!!!!
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier To Marriage? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2008
long hiss angry

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To A Nigerian Girlfriend / Would You Date/marry A Lady That Bedwets And Has A Reputation For It? / Traditional Marriage ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.