Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,994 members, 7,845,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making (1315 Views)

Women's Involvement In The Decision-making Of The Family / Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Blank
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Ballotti: 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ask and ye shalt receiveth da glorious news!
Pele dia!: kiss

Most people do not date exclusively.
No woman puts all her HEGGS in one basket o!
Unless Na ODE! kiss
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Much ado about nothing.

Leave it in the past. Has your marriage been good so far? Has she been a good wife? Have you been happy? Then forget the past and enjoy the present.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Ballotti: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Orisi risi!
You men really think the world begins and ends with you sha, till you are let down with a BIG BANG! grin
Abi you think to be a compliant wife is easy? shocked
Only extra-marital affairs can make a woman the IDEAL wife ke!
Now you know about 'the don't ask-don't tell' NUMBER ONE rule in any HAPPY MARRIAGE! kiss
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Timmi: 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
I really don't know why you should bother yourself with this revelation. At that time you were not married and probably you did not express your intention of marriage to her. If it bothers you that much, then you need to forgive her and gradually let it go for you are going to hurt yourself more if you divorce her or by not releasing her from the hurt
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
Really? undecided

7yrs into a blissful marriage, you find out she had not broken up with an ex at the beginning of your relationship but later ended it and has been faithful to you since then. Now you want to divorce her? Good luck.

*and before the re*tards come and jump on my post, I'm not saying she was right to double date or to lie about it when the OP first asked. She was absolutely wrong. All I'm saying is, at this point in time you have to look at the big picture. Get mad, but get a grip! All this talk about divorce is a bit much*

Now if you have evidence of further cheating since then, now we have a good discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Ballotti: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

Thanks for your opinion but I am not every man. I know who I am. I believe love without honesty is like an empty house. By the way I never said she had any extra-marital affairs and would have no reason to think so.

Hmmmmmm!
You are a man now.
Quit acting like a little kid who thought his candy was stolen.
EVEN AFTER FINDING THE DAMNED CANDY, continues to whine about where it could have been hiding!
Your bruised ego is unwarranted here.
She is still a gooooooood wife and mother.

You need to move on sir! kiss
OR, SHE MAY UNLEASH MORE SECRETS ON YOUR EARS!
You will drive her back into the arms of OKAFOR!!!! kiss

If you can be this ANNOYING online, no telling what you sound like offline!

Sheeeeeeeeesh!

2 Likes

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
carefreewannabe: Much ado about nothing.

Leave it in the past. Has your marriage been good so far? Has she been a good wife? Have you been happy? Then forget the past and enjoy the present.

Best wishes

Lol! While I was busy typing an epistle, you made it short and sweet!
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by DBestDoc(f): 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hmmm! you thought of Divorce already?
every issue leads to divorce these days undecided

You had a good marriage and a happy home but you decided to scatter everything with your own hands by digging up...
I'm still trying to figure out where she went wrong, your relationship had a strain and she decided to continue with her ex. while she made sure you were truly serious about being with her.
You are hurt she didn't tell you, but the truth is most women will find it hard to reveal such, so as to save their relationships.
Forgive your wife and move on with your marriage and try not to dig next time unless you are ready to face the music.

This reminds me of the thread "would you rather take it to the grave"? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
D_BestDoc: Hmmm! you thought of Divorce already?
every issue leads to divorce these days undecided

You had a good marriage and a happy home but you decided to scatter everything with your own hands by digging up...

This reminds me of the thread "would you rather take it to the grave"?

I was not digging up. We were having an innocent discussion and like I said one thing led to the other and I was compelled to ask based on statements she made.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
This OP needs 12 strokes of Koboko for his brains to reset to default.

1 Like

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Ballotti: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Oh boy go sleep abeg!
You nor get case! kiss
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Billyonaire: This OP needs 12 strokes of Koboko for his brains to reset to default.

Thanks for your "matured" input.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ballotti: Oh boy go sleep abeg!
You nor get case! kiss

Could you be more explicit. Would be much appreciated.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
ileobatojo:

Lol! While I was busy typing an epistle, you made it short and sweet!

Lol cheesy

I like your comment better than mine even though we wanted to say the same wink

2 Likes

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by zeb04(f): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
I don't understand oh,wasn't it in d past? U want to end your marriage cz of something that happened 7yrs ago? U r a really funny man
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
zeb04: I don't understand oh,wasn't it in d past? U want to end your marriage cz of something that happened 7yrs ago? U r a really funny man

Well I appreciate your opinion but having that information when I proposed to her was vital. It could have determined our future either way. That was fraud and in the part of the world where we live, it is unacceptable.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by DBestDoc(f): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

I was not digging up. We were having an innocent discussion and like I said one thing led to the other and I was compelled to ask based on statements she made.

Some questions are not meant to be asked.
Forgive her, it is something most women do especially when the relationship looks bleak and uncertain.

Had to modify before i enter trouble[size=4pt][/size]
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
D_BestDoc:

Some questions are not meant to be asked.
Forgive her, it is something most women do (i inclusive..i did embarassed)especially when the relationship looks bleak and uncertain.

Well I don't know but when I proposed to her, I made sure she knew all my secrets if there was any, medical history, family history, past failures etc. In my world honesty reigns supreme and anything short is fraud.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

Well I appreciate your opinion but having that information when I proposed to her was vital. It could have determined our future either way. That was fraud and in the part of the world where we live, it is unacceptable.

We get it. You are pure in heart. You are disillusioned.

But, you cannot turn back the hands of time.

You are in an advanced country. Book an appointment with a marriage counsellor. Do both individual and couple sessions. And move on!!
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
ileobatojo:

We get it. You are pure in heart. You are disillusioned.

But, you cannot turn back the hands of time.

You are in an advanced country. Book an appointment with a marriage counsellor. Do both individual and couple sessions. And move on!!

Thanks. Done that already. Even gone for hypnosis to ease up the pain. None worked
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by DBestDoc(f): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

Well I don't know but when I proposed to her, I made sure she knew all my secrets if there was any, medical history, family history, past failures etc. In my world honesty reigns supreme and anything short is fraud.

I sure wasn't swift enough, you quoted already cheesy cheesy
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by bukatyne(f): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
@OP:

If you are religious i.e Christian or Muslim, it is time to go for a retreat.

Go somewhere and pray to your God earnestly to help you forgive her since you feel very bitter about it.

You have lived with her 7yrs after so you know to an extent what she is like and from your OP,it is obvious she is worth fighting unforgiveness for.

Yes, she cheated and lied but this was before you prosoped to her (not saying it is right). I am sure if you discovered then and came to NL, the responses would be different.

God be with you and home
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

Thanks. Done that already. Even gone for hypnosis to ease up the pain. None worked

In that case, you need Jesus.

I'm not joking.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lol! Reverse scenario!

Buka posting the epistle while I make it short and sweet! grin
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
ileobatojo:

In that case, you need Jesus.

I'm not joking.

Thanks for making me smile after 2 months
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

Thanks for making me smile after 2 months

grin

Please find a way to forgive. Not worth destroying a good marriage for. Did you try cognitive behavior therapy through a psychologist?
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ballotti:

Hmmmmmm!
You are a man now.
Quit acting like a little kid who thought his candy was stolen.
EVEN AFTER FINDING THE DAMNED CANDY, continues to whine about where it could have been hiding!
You bruised ego is unwarranted here.
She is still a gooooooood wife and mother.

You need to move on sir! kiss
OR, SHE MAY UNLEASH MORE SECRETS ON YOUR EARS!
You will drive her back into the arms of OKAFOR!!!! kiss

If you this ANNOYING online, no telling what you sound like offline!

Sheeeeeeeeesh!

Hope you read the caveat at the bottom of my post before commenting
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lifted123:

Thanks for your "matured" input.
Whats the true worth of perfection and what degree of perfection do you expect from an imperfect creation of perfecting Deites. Many of you folks think that quiet desperation can take you a mile to Eldorado, when in the real sense perfection is illusion of the mind.

My advise for you is to divorce that woman so she can meet a better endowed man that will cherish her imperfections and make nonsense of your legendary perfectionism with all his wealth in glory.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by Lifted123: 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
Billyonaire: Whats the true worth of perfection and what degree of perfection do you expect from an imperfect creation of perfecting Deites. Many of you folks think that quiet desperation can take you a mile to Eldorado, when in the real sense perfection is illusion of the mind.

My advise for you is to divorce that woman so she can meet a better endowed man that will cherish her imperfections and make nonsense of your legendary perfectionism with all his wealth in glory.

Quite interesting.
Re: Understanding values-Anonymity,demographics & decision making by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
ileobatojo: Lol! Reverse scenario!

Buka posting the epistle while I make it short and sweet! grin

LOL!
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures to prove that parenting works best by lying constantly to a child. / Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? / Ways To Help Fathers Build Great Relationships With Their Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.