Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51303 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Tassembly(m): 1:03am On Jan 10, 2014
M- most

I- ineffective

K- keck

E- en

L- league
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by johnjunior39(m): 1:04am On Jan 10, 2014
To i tink mikel derserve it more.yes yaya score goals but aside from world cup qualification what has his goals fetch.obi is a pure DM whose work is to shield the chelsea team not goals and he has done that so well.if yaya was an angel in field,he should have scored against de eagles now,mtcheww y im even woried.caf team make boko haram no catch u oooooo
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by naturalmi: 1:05am On Jan 10, 2014
debulle: How did he deserve it this time around? In Africa Mikel won African cup of nation,did well in conferation cup.Coming to Europe Yaya Toure only did well in EPL while Mikel did well too in EPL and also won Europa Cup.What criteria do Isa and CAF use in giving this award? Have you ever seen/heard that a player that didn't play in champions or Europa leguea won European best.Fracophone politics in CAF is killing African Football.When they robbered JJ Okocha,it was said that he didn't do well in nations cup and that its not only EPL that are used in judging it.But now what happened?

Mikel is so overrated. Was he listed in FIFA best 23 players in the world? No. Yaya Toure was listed. Mikel doesn't wanna improve. He is content with the money he collects at chelsea and he doesn't care about personal acolades. I rate Onazi higher than Mikel If anyone cares to know.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by cr7lomo: 1:06am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: pls wot has yaya toure won..wot did he win last season?..caf is cheating nigeria..if it was individual brilliance they used den y didnt okocha win it in 2004?

Weda individual or trophies , etoo beta pass okocha that yr. u wan use person Wey dey pump in goals for Cameroun and barca use am compare bolton . Abeg abeg, r leaders dint only loot money, they looted ur brains too
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Sybella: 1:14am On Jan 10, 2014
King YAYA! cool

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by HAH: 1:19am On Jan 10, 2014
How Africa voted.

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Iceman296: 1:23am On Jan 10, 2014
If drogba didn't make the CAF
team of the Year, how come
he Was Nominated for the
African Best player award?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by darediamond(m): 1:24am On Jan 10, 2014
akpan aniefiok:
what do u knw about football.better keep shot when people are talking
Do you think it's polite of anyone on a forum site to tell anyone to "keep shot"?
Would u like to be addressed in such manner?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:09am On Jan 10, 2014
naturalmi:

Mikel is so overrated. Was he listed in FIFA best 23 players in the world? No. Yaya Toure was listed. Mikel doesn't wanna improve. He is content with the money he collects at chelsea and he doesn't care about personal acolades. I rate Onazi higher than Mikel If anyone cares to know.
This is nonsense. Even in European football last season, Yaya scored a total of 9 goals for Man City from 2012-2013. How is Yaya the best player for Africa over Mikel.

Can anyone here who thinks Yaya is the best explain why Yaya is the winner. Rubbish.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Princeadebayo1(m): 2:44am On Jan 10, 2014
I already told my friends that Yaya toure would win it before the award ceremony although i still tried to support Mikel Obi,am a man city fan and i know how much impact Yaya made last year,as a midfielder given the priviledge to roam around the field to any position he wishes unlike stiff and solid Mikel Obi at chelsea who scores just every every 75 games,Yaya scored a lot of goals including some excellent free kicks too.
Yaya toure clearly deserves the award and he will forever be a serious contender for the award until he retires,i really like the guy,i have one of his videos on my phone and i was very impressed wishing a Nigerian too could play like this in the premier league,the Nigerian players disappointed me,most of them are now lazy in their respective clubs even Moses is now a flop at Liverpool,it is well sha.GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
UP SUPER EAGLES!!!
UP MANCHESTER CITY!!!
Download and watch this short video of Yaya Toure if you care
http://www.waptrick.com/_common/search/search.jsp?c=yaya+toure&type=film_film

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:48am On Jan 10, 2014
Prince adebayo: I already knew Yaya toure would win it before the award ceremony although i still tried to support Mikel Obi,am a man city fan and i know how much impact Yaya made last year,as a midfielder given the priviledge to roam around the field to any position he wishes unlike stiff and solid Mikel Obi at chelsea who scores just every every 75 games,Yaya scored a lot of goals including some excellent free kicks too.
Yaya toure clearly deserve the award,the Nigerian players disappointed me,most of them are now somehow lazy in their respective clubs even Moses is now a flop at Liverpool,it is well sha.GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
UP SUPER EAGLES!!!
UP MANCHESTER CITY!!!
I am also a die hard fan of Man City and I watch almost all City games. If you look at my articles, you will notice it. Apart from beginning of this season, Yaya wasn't mind blowing.

I really wish there is a criteria for us to know why Yaya is Africa's best. Well congrats to Yaya. Mikel up your game, the Super Eagles needs your best at the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by DonaldGenes(m): 3:07am On Jan 10, 2014
Buchukwu: I said it and i will say it again that had mikel won i would have stopped watching football entirely. What did he play that yaya toure didnt play times 2. Mikel mikel everytime.

Guy,na 'em Chelsea Fans dey shout ohhhh, No be real Classic Unsentimental Manchester United fans like us qo dey scream blue murder..lolzzz
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:24am On Jan 10, 2014
"I don't know why Mikel is underrated by the media or the fans," he added. "He is very rated by us in the group and it's a position where you're a bit of an unsung hero.

"You do the dirty work which is not recognised all the time because the goalscorers and more creative players get the recognition. But he is very important for our team." ...........................ROBERTO DI MATTEO (former Chelsea Manager)

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ChiSun27(m): 3:25am On Jan 10, 2014
nobody shud talk to me...I'm feeln bad ryt now. Its painful.

I still beliv in u Mikel.

Its a sign of great challenge.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ChiSun27(m): 3:33am On Jan 10, 2014
Tassembly: M- most

I- ineffective

K- keck

E- en

L- league

u r lost!!!

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Princeadebayo1(m): 3:37am On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by emmabest2000(m): 3:56am On Jan 10, 2014
Captain001: Mixed feelings
exactly

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by kingjooo(m): 4:01am On Jan 10, 2014
If it's no longer achievements nd individual performance pls can CAF or anybody supporting yaya toure broadly come out to explain why he won d title? 2 me dis is injustice in d highest order,how wil d europeans fill of Africa namin dis ordinary player without any achievement last season as our continent best footballer? De was no better candidate dan our ever austanding nd all time best goal keeper VINCENT ENYEAMA.

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Princeadebayo1(m): 4:06am On Jan 10, 2014
^^^ exactly,if any Nigerian player is to win the award then it should be Enyeama not Mikel.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by blaqoracle: 4:14am On Jan 10, 2014
LifeQuest: Quite painful...how I would have loved Mikel to have that title... and my daughter wept uncontrollable our dear MIKEL who is under utilizing his great potentials

https://www.nairaland.com/1587666/daughter-wept-mikel#20787867
african footballer of the year is not for children.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by charleya: 4:15am On Jan 10, 2014
get ur android hd games and psp games in ekpoma .we also root
and install cwm contact us @ charleymohitjams@gmail.com
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Babacele: 4:21am On Jan 10, 2014
Sitting in our 'big' corner here in Naija, we just make some funny wishes laced with uninformed sentiments . Where do we put the vast french speaking nation's influence that has kept Hayatou on CAF's saddle for eternity?
Apart from the fact that the two african sons are great footballers in equally great clubs in England, certain criteria were employed in judging their performances. Same structure in the past threw up Kanu Nwakwo and other naijas that had won this CAF AWARD. Voting took place and Yaya Toure ,a fantastic team player and an independent playmaker, won. For Mikel , we love you.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by asidere(m): 4:36am On Jan 10, 2014
congrats to yaya cos he deserved it.he now has a hatrick for this award.i feel for mikel cos this was the great opportunity for him to have won the award.i think he needs to improve on his game.learn to score goals and free kicks,create assists
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by bigsunnytech(m): 4:39am On Jan 10, 2014
Though he did well in his club but his country have play well for the decade anywhere congratulation to him
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:08am On Jan 10, 2014
Congrats to all Super Eagles players and staff. Even though we didn't win the CAF Player of the year, Mikel being nominated today shows the great stride you guys have taken to lift Nigerian football.

More grease to your elbows guys and the accolades must come.

#TeamSuperEagles
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by otokx(m): 5:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Congratulations Yaya Toure, congratulations CAF for doing the right thing.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:21am On Jan 10, 2014
[b]Nigeria yesterday dominated honours list at the 2013 CAF Awards night held at the Eko Hotel and Suites, carting away five of the ten prizes at stake.

However, the country lost out on the ultimate as Cote d’Ivoire’s Yaya Toure was again yesterday crowned the African Footballer of the year.

Nigeria’s Stephen Keshi won the Coach of the Year award; Kelechi Iheanacho was named the Most Promising Talent of the Year, while the Super Eagles was adjudged the National Team of the Year.

The Golden Eaglets was named the National Youth Team of the Year, while Nigeria Football Supporters Club was picked for the Fair Play award.

However, Nigeria’s Sunday Mba was not lucky as the other Nigerians, as he lost the Best African-based Player award to Egypt’s Mohammed Aboutrika.

Other awards are the CAF Legends award which went to the late Senegal coach Bruno Metsu, Referee of the Year won by Haimoudi Djamel and the Club of the Year which was won by Egyptian giant Al-Ahly.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/sports/14235-toure-is-african-football-king-as-nigeria-sweeps-awards

I really feel for MBA also. Sunday MBA was really an impact player for Nigeria's Super Eagles success in the AFCON. Aboutrika was also a very good candidate too. That was a very tough pick there.

Congrats to Nigerians. Let us make 2014 even more memorable by having a fantastic world cup.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football / Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.