Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116063 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2010
Wisdom Wins
Friday, August 6, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 3:16-28

"And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment" (1 Kings 3:28).

Thought for the day:  "Wisdom is the principal thing that you need"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by shilling(f): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2010
grace5 and everyone else, keep up the great work!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:09am On Aug 07, 2010
Break down the walls of unbelief in My supernatural.
The religious will say that it is not possible.
That all miracles have passed away.
They will say there is no time in the schedule or understanding in the people.
Set aside such belief for it is an abomination to me.
Let My Hand move in miraculous power.

Give room and give credence to all I want to bring into your midst.
Do not set yourselves up as gods or mock My power.
Since when is there no understanding when I accomplished these same wonders in My ministry.
Will you not do greater works?
Will My Hand not lead such acts?

Go forth now in all I have called you to. Step now and be empowered.
Step now in the obedience in which you are called.

"God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles,
and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will."
Hebrews 2: 4
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
The Right Team
Saturday, August 7, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: 1 KINGS 4:1-19

"So king Solomon was king over all Israel. And these were the princes which he had; Azariah the son of Zadok the priest" (1 Kings 4:1,2).

Thought for the day:  "The surest way to progress is finding the right partners"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2010
Magnificent Obsession
August 7, 2010

"For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more"(1 Corinthians 9:19)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2010

Turn To Me For Help

Many of My own do not trust Me nearly as much as they think they do.
They receive My salvation and they put some measure of their trust in
Me. They give "lip service" as if they have given me their full and
complete trust--until there is a problem.
But when the problem comes up,
I am seldom the first place they run to for help.

Dear one, don't be like them. Train yourself to run to Me in all things,
no matter how big or how small it is. Begin to turn to Me for help, for
the way that you are going to really learn just how faithful and
trustworthy I am is to actually put your trust in Me--and then watch Me
come through for you.

Take the risk, dear one, and place your current situation and your
current problem into My hand and trust that I am willing to help you
with them. Look to Me and listen to Me; obey what ever I command you
to do. Then watch and see how I will come through for you, so that you
might experience My faithfulness first hand.

Next time there is a problem in your life and you need to turn to
someone for help, let Me be the first One Who you run to. Yes, turn
to Me and put your trust in Me, and you will not be disappointed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
A Nail in a Sure Place
August 8, 2010

"And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father’s house"(Isaiah 22:22-23)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2010
Peace and Stability
Sunday, August 8, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: 1 KINGS 4:1-19

"And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of Solomon" (1 Kings 4:25).

Thought for the day: "The promises of God are ‘yea’ and ‘amen’"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2010
Humanity's First Job
August 9, 2010

"God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" (Genesis 1:28)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Aug 09, 2010
The Gift of Wisdom
Monday, August 9, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: 1 KINGS 4:29-34

"And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore" (1Kings 4:29).

Thought for the day:  "Wisdom  is the principal thing . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2010
Wisdom

Adore My wisdom, beloved. Prize it highly.
It is for you to seek and receive in all circumstances.

I am a God of great power and strength.
My wisdom runs deep in My very personality.
I am wisdom personified.
I am wisdom in it purest form.
Seek Me.
Seek My wisdom and know the depth and wonder of the gift that I so freely give to you.

I am your God.
I delight in you.
I delight in having you get to know Me, to know My purity of heart.
I hold back no good things from My beloved.
I delight in giving all to you freely.
Expound on My goodness to others.
Expound on My grace and provision.
Do not let the enemy lure you into the world.
Do not seek after the world’s way, but seek My way, seek My truth and My wisdom,
and know the purity in your heart that they supply.

I delight in you.
I delight in moving you forward.
Draw nearer and know the sweetness of My embrace.
Draw nearer and know the wonders of My grace.
Look on My heart of perfection and yearn for Me,
for in so doing you will be filled with the sweetest of gifts,
My Spirit, and you will abide in the center of all that I have to offer, My heart.
My heart is where you will gain the wisdom for which you yearn, and you will know the sweetness
of abiding in the One Who is wisdom much to your delight and Mine!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
Stewardship Conflicts
August 10, 2010

"Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas" (Psalm 8:6-cool

The commission to rule over earth was never withdrawn from mankind by the Creator. That "Dominion Mandate" implies authorization for the following human enterprises:

• Discovery of truth--science, research, exploration
• Application of truth--agriculture, engineering, medicine, technology, etc.
• Implementation of truth--commerce, transportation, government, etc.
• Interpretation of truth--fine arts, literature, theology
• Transmission of truth--education, communication, homemaking

When that authority was first delegated by the Creator, earth was "very good" (Genesis 1:31). However, Adam's failure in his first assignment created an ongoing conflict with mankind's efforts on every front. Now, the "whole creation groaneth" (Romans 8:22) as the very ground from which all things are made (Genesis 3:17-19, 23-24) conflicts with the environment. "Thorns also and thistles" erupt from our efforts to cultivate (Genesis 3:18). Sin and death are the conditions of existence (Romans 5:12), and ignorance of God's ideas, apart from God's revelation, is rampant (1 Corinthians 2:14). Humanity's drive to serve ourselves, not God or others (Ephesians 2:1-3), and the ability to obey comes only through God's new creation (Ephesians 4:17-24).

One day, all these wrongs will be righted with the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Until that day, our mandate remains as stewards over earth. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2010
Understanding Ownership
August 11, 2010

"The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein" (Psalm 24:1)

The doctrine of creation is not merely a "scientific" debate.  The opposite concepts of natural and evolutionary development versus the fiat creation of an omnipotent, omniscient, and transcendent Being impact every facet of our worldview.  God owns the earth; He is its Creator (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 24:1-2; Revelation 4:11; and hundreds of other passages throughout the Bible).

Christians who revere the biblical revelation of God are not to be in conflict with this most basic of all doctrines.  God owns the living creatures that inhabit the earth (Psalm 50:10).  He owns the metals that establish monetary value in the earth (Haggai 2:cool.  He claims ownership over our bodies (1 Corinthians 6:19).  He even states ownership of our very souls (Ezekiel 18:4).  Nothing is excluded from the sphere of His ownership and kingship (1 Chronicles 29:11-12; Isaiah 45:12; Colossians 1:16-17).  And we are to manage God's resources as stewards of the Owner.

Lucifer's error was that he thought he could become like the Owner, usurping all the rights and privileges of the Creator (Isaiah 14:12-14).  Israel's error was similar; they behaved as if their possessions were their own property (Malachi 3:8-10).  The prodigal son claimed for himself the right of ownership and treated the money as if it were his own (Luke 15:12-14).  The unfaithful steward made no effort to be productive (Matthew 25:24).

We have been delegated authority over the creation itself (Genesis 1:28), are required to be faithful with the "mysteries of God" (1 Corinthians 4:1-2), and are expected to administer "the manifold grace of God" (1 Peter 4:10).  May God preserve us from self-serving stewardship. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2010
Let Others Serve Him
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TEXT: NUMBERS 4:1-20

"Cut ye not off the tribe of the families of the Kohathites from among the Levites: But thus do unto them, that they may live, and not die, when they approach unto the most holy things: Aaron and his sons shall go in, and appoint them every one to his service and to his burden" (Numbers 4:18,19).

Thought for the day: "In God’s presence is the fulness of joy"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2010
♥ God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
-- Psalm 46:1
♥ ♥ ♥ Bringing U Glory~ Great I Am~
We love, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
God is really amaizing,
B.I.B.L.E.: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth for B.A.S.I.C.:
Brother And Sisters In Christ!!
Life was made to revolve around God and when it doesn't we run into reverse
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
Understanding Management
August 12, 2010

"For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods" (Matthew 25:14)

Several kingdom parables in the New Testament provide glimpses into two major principles: God's provision and our management of His wealth.

In the parable of the talents found in Matthew, the "talents" (money) belong to the "lord of those servants" (Matthew 25:19), and he gave to "every man according to his several ability" (Matthew 25:15). Each steward had the master's confidence and trust, and success of enterprise depended upon the servants' productivity. Each steward received varied amounts of resources according to the master, and the reward was based on faithful use of those resources.

Luke's parallel account (Luke 19:13-27) focused on the percent of return. In both cases, the stewards were essentially asked, "What did you do with what you were given?" Each had enormous freedom in his management and the opportunity to demonstrate his capabilities.

God funds His work through His people. The funding of the tabernacle building project (Exodus 35) is a good example. The Israelites were recently freed slaves who had all been given gold by the Egyptians until there was more than enough.

The funding of the temple during David's reign (1 Chronicles 28 and 29) is another excellent example. The leaders gave vast amounts of wealth and building materials, setting an example for the rest of the nation. Though they did not actually build it, they had the vision for it, and their children eventually did it. God works no miracles to meet critical needs except through the miraculous giving of His willing people. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2010
Stewards of Mysteries
August 13, 2010

"Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God" (1 Corinthians 4:1)

"Minister" was the Bible translators' choice for the Greek word huperetes, which literally means an "under-oarsman." It most frequently is applied to officers of various kinds. "Steward" is the somewhat more familiar term, translated from oikonomos, which is the "house-law" for any enterprise that is large enough to require "officers." The first denotes an authority under a higher authority that is exercised within legal boundaries (Luke 16:1 and Romans 16:23).

These descriptive titles can apply to Christian leaders, but they are also standards that all followers of Jesus Christ are to emulate. We are of the "household of God" (Ephesians 2:19) and every man serves each other as "good stewards" of God's grace (1 Peter 4:10).

The limitation and exercise of authority demanded of the Corinthian readers was to "minister" and "steward" the "mysteries" (plural) of God. A practical dilemma is to select where each of us will serve with our time, talents, spiritual gifts, and resources. The primarly place is, of course, the local church (Acts 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:1).

Additionally, we are expected to give offerings (Acts 20:35; 24:17) to kingdom works that instruct in and clarify those mysteries of God. The Institute for Creation Research deals with the mystery of those early Genesis accounts that are so critical and controversial in our day. We are "stewarding" the nature of the Godhead's triunity (Colossians 1:12-16; 2:2), which displays the invisible character of God (Romans 1:20).

Today's unique requirements in our secular and scientific culture necessitate a concentration of specially trained stewards who can refute the efforts of those who deny the mysteries of God. We encourage your participation with us. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2010
Faithfulness in Little Things

TEXT: NUMBERS 4:21-28

"This is the service of the families of the Gershonites, to serve, and for burdens" (Numbers 4:24).

Thought for the day:  "The faithful in service are celebrated"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
Dispensational

We are entering a new dispensation wherein God's grace and favor are being
poured out in the lives of His people as an free flow; an unstoppable force
which can not be hindered by any kind of opposition. He is proving Himself
on behalf of Himself so that He can be shown to be the True and Living God.
During this season of grace and favor He is moving on behalf those who are
steadfast and unmovable in their faith; those who refuse to be shaken by the
storms and trials of life. He is shifting in "suddenly-ways" those things
which seemed would never change.
He is removing all opposition and
hindrances from our path so that we will be able to continue on the way set
before us. As he releases the river of blessing in our lives we are
encouraged to continue in the the way of God, not forget from whom our
blessings come, and resist the temptation to take any of God's glory. He is
God and He is using this season as an opportunity for His people to lift His
name up so that all nations would see and be drawn to Him. We are to testify
of the goodness of God as a witness- Oh taste and see that the Lord He is
good. Be careful to give Him all praise and glory - Amen

(Deuteronomy chapter 8 is a good accompanying scripture if one is needed)

--
Be Strengthened, Be Encouraged, Be Blessed!

By His Love,
Dawn Lynette Washington Klauman
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2010
Logical Milk
August 14, 2010

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2)

This exhortation is directed to young Christians who have only recently trusted God's enduring Word, preached to them in the saving gospel of Christ.

Because of this miracle of regeneration just experienced, a new Christian must now "|lay| aside |the verb form here means to 'lay aside once and for all'| all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies" (1 Peter 2:1) and partake--as babes--of the "milk of sincerity."  The word for "sincere" means, literally, "without guile," so he/she must now build all future progress in his/her new life--not on guile, but on guilelessness!

The phrase "of the word" is especially noteworthy.  This is not the usual word for "word" (Greek, logos), but a closely related word (logikos) from which we get our words "logic" and "logical."  It is used only one other time in the New Testament, where it is rendered "reasonable" in the classic passage dealing with "your reasonable service" (Romans 12:1).

Thus Peter is talking about partaking of a spiritual milk which is both logical and without guile.  This can be nothing else (as seen in the context) than the incorruptible, eternal, regenerating Word of God, and the living Word (Jesus Christ) revealed therein.

Now the Lord Jesus is surely logical, for He is "the truth" (John 14:6).  In this same chapter, Peter also notes that Christ was without guile (1 Peter 2:22).  These attributes must be equally true of His written Word.  The Scriptures are not full of secret meanings which only specially trained interpreters can fathom.  They are sincere, meaning precisely what they say!  Neither are they naive and unscientific, but fully logical and correct in everything they say.  Therefore, they are genuine spiritual nourishment for babes in Christ and will certainly enable them to "grow thereby." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2010
John 15:19

19If you belonged to the world, the world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world [no longer one with it], but I have chosen (selected) you out of the world, the world hates (detests) you.

John 15:19

Jesus understood what peace and joy are. We too understand it because He is in us and we have that manifested in us and through us. The world is confusion. Keep letting the world see Whose you are, we have what they need, an opportunity will come to share Who it came from.

angieBOJM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2010
'The Prosperity Prayer"

Dear Heavenly Father — I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
, I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength.
I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love.
Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
Thank you, Heavenly Father in Jesus Christ Holy name.
Amen
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2010
Stewardship Warfare
August 16, 2010

"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump" (Galatians 5:9)

Most of us have seen ripples created from a pebble dropped in a pond. They also make good illustrations of what atheistic and naturalistic science does to truth.

The Bible uses a number of illustrations about the importance of getting rid of the source of the problems. The psalmist cried out for strength when he saw the enemies destroying foundations (Psalm 11:3). Jesus warned about the "leaven" of false doctrine (Matthew 16:12). And the prophet noted that if the stump is left, the tree will grow again (Daniel 4:23-26; contrast with Luke 3:9). These principle illustrations warn us to focus on the cause of the error, not the symptoms.

It is tempting to go after only the symptoms. The pain of abortion, pornography, flagrant promiscuity, widespread STDs, easy divorce, victimless crimes, political corruption, and so on are very real and terribly destructive. But the core rationale in the educated Western world for all the anti-God, anti-righteous, anti-authority beliefs is atheistic and naturalistic science.

Ephesians 6:12 explains that the real battle is "not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." A great part of biblical stewardshp must involve direct opposition toward these "rulers of the darkness."

Our "intellectual" world needs the evidence that will expose the atheism in naturalistic science. Christian leaders must not only be trained biblically, but also in a defense of the faith "once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 1:3). That work is extensive, time-consuming, and expensive, and those called to so labour must have the prayer support of other Christians. Please consider co-labouring with us. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
The Passion of Stewardship
August 17, 2010

"And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices" (Mark 12:33)

The regular diet of TV and Hollywood productions--which have grown far worse in many ways than in the radical 1960s--is rarely scrutinized or criticized. Yet vitriolic attacks on "religion" in the media are both commonplace and increasingly intense. Is there a reason for this passionate aggression?

God has a rather "passionate" view about His character and His unique authority in the universe: "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. . . . For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:5-6, 18).

We do not and cannot know many details about the great work of God as Creator and on Calvary as Saviour. What is very clear, however, is that the same God who created the worlds (Hebrews 1:2) also died on the cross (John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-17).

It is nothing short of blasphemy to profess that the omniscient and omnipotent God of love and grace would have effected His creation through the horrific, purposeless, waste-filled and age-long death of billions of living things prior to the rebellion of Adam (Romans 5:12). The naturalistic and volutionary scheme of atheistic man is contradictory to God's Word and His revealed character. We are to be committed to what God has said--whether the majority is passionately against it or not. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2010
Responsible Christians

TEXT: NUMBERS 4:29-41

"From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old shalt thou number them, every one that entereth into the service, to do the work of the tabernacle of the congregation" (Numbers 4:30).

Thought for the day:  "You are saved to serve"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
Forward Ever
Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 3:13-16

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14).

Thought for the day: "Backward never!"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2010
Stewardship Strength
August 18, 2010

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied" (1 Samuel 17:45)

Our Lord Jesus taught us to expect ongoing instability until He returned (Matthew 24:6). Sometimes, it seems, we must be reminded by circumstances that this world is not our home!

Psalm 2 is a rather important perspective for God's people to keep in mind. Physical circumstances often seem rather bleak, and the "bad guys" seem to have it their way much of the time (Psalm 73). But we are continually reminded that their apparent success should not trouble us (Psalm 37:1; Proverbs 3:31-34; etc.), for "he that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision" (Psalm 2:4).

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

This verse encourages the ministry of the Institute for Creation Research. We see ourselves as fighting the "imaginations" and the "strong holds" of those who would dare to set themselves against the authority of Scripture and the evidence of the Creator and His creation. The Western world has embraced the anti-God and anti-gospel message of evolutionary naturalism as its religion. ICR wages spiritual warfare against that terrible lie. The battle is very specialized in our world today. God has brought dedicated "warriors" to ICR to engage the enemy, and we invite you to join us in that mission with your support and intercessory prayer. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
PRAYER :

Oh God, in the name of Jesus, I pray today that you would look down and have mercy on those who feel hopeless and in despair. I pray in the name of Jesus that as they cry unto you they will experience Your divine touch. I take authority over that spirit of death that is coming against them in the name of Jesus and I command it to go back into the void of space. Lord you said in St. Matthew 18:18 18 " Whatsoever we shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever we shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." We stand on the authority of your Word today.

I bind that spirit of suicide in the name of Jesus and command it to be gone from them into dry and uninhabited places. God I pray that you will bring new life and hope to them this day through your Word. I pray that Your Word would quicken them and pierce deep into their soul and spirit.

I pray that your Holy Spirit will minister to them and that they will rise up this day in the name of Jesus putting on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

Lord in the name of Jesus, I pray that your anointing will destroy and break every yoke of bondage from in their life. Lord Jesus you said in your Word that you wish that none perish but that all come to repentance. I pray today that in repentance Lord you will have mercy. Have mercy on them this day oh Lord. Let not their soul be lost. God in the name of Jesus I bind every negative word that has been spoken against their life. I command every word of death to be null and void in the name of Jesus. Father in the name of Jesus I bind those lying spirits that are speaking lies into your ears in the name of Jesus. I bind those spirits of hopelessness and despair in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I speak forth the truth of the Word of God into their spirit and soul in the name of Jesus. Holy Spirit, bring comfort to them today. Guide them Holy Spirit into all truth.

Let labourers hand-picked by You, come across their path this day Lord. People who can sow your Word into their life. Lord in the name of Jesus, allow the Word of God that is in them to rise up and become life. For your word is spirit and it is life.

I bind the spirit of fear right now in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and I command it to be gone from them in the name of Jesus. I take authority over that tormenting spirit of fear that is plaguing their minds right now in the name of Jesus. I take authority over every spirit of insanity that is coming against them and clouding their minds and I speak forth the mind of Christ into their minds. I speak forth the spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind.

Lord I thank you this day for demonstrating your love and your mercy to them in supernatural ways. I thank you this day for giving them hope and reminding them that because you live they can live also. Thank you Lord this day for hope rising up on the inside of them and for showing them this day that you have not left nor forsaken them.

Lord I pray that the peace of God that passeth all understanding will abide with them this day. I pray that they will rest in you continually.

I just thank you Jesus and I pray that as your Word goes forth it will accomplish what You have sent it forth to do in their lives. God I give you all the glory, the honour and the praise in Jesus' Name, amen.

May God bless you today. Jesus loves you and so do we. .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2010
Stewardship Investment
August 19, 2010

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's" (Matthew 22:21)

Taxes have been a part of civilizations for thousands of years. Even our Lord Jesus found the subject important enough to comment on.  We all have responsibilities to pay "tribute" or taxes to those in authority over us.

But tribute money is not ours! In fact, the whole concept of a tribute was initiated by God Himself in the tithe.  God said that one tenth of the "firstfruits" belonged to Him (Malachi 3:8-10; 1 Corinthians 16:2).  The Creator God, of course, is the ultimate Owner of all things (Psalm 50:7-12).  We are to be His "stewards" (Luke 12:42; 1 Corinthians 4:2) and have been delegated the responsibility to "occupy" until He comes back (Luke 19:13; Matthew 25:14).

Although we have "use" of money, we also have certain obligations for that money.  We may have freedom to do with the money whatever we wish, but we will suffer consequences if we choose to ignore the responsibilities to "render," or pay, our "tribute to whom tribute is due" (Romans 13:7).

We also have the freedom to invest.  God richly rewarded those who made eternally wise investments with the "pounds" and "talents" that they received from Him (Matthew 25; Luke 19).  The tithe belongs to the Lord and should be deposited in the Bible-preaching church where we fellowship.  Our gifts and offerings may be deposited into kingdom investments that will reap eternal dividends in the ages to come.  What are you investing in?

The Institute for Creation Research invests in the ministry that confronts the godless worldview of evolutionary naturalism that is robbing the minds and wrecking the faith of so many in our day.  Invest with us in this challenging work. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2010
PRAYER :

'The Redeemed Saints and Soldiers of The Lord Jesus Christ' -
WILL KEEP MARCHING ON IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME !
Nothing will be able to stop us all through our lives in Jesus' name!
We will run through the troop and leap over the wall ( Psalm 18:29)

satan, I come against you and all your network of demonic spirits that have been trying to come agaist us - The Blood washed Saints of The Lord Jesus Christ worldwide and their families and ministries and everything that concerns them directly and indirectly - which is according to God' perfect plans and purpose and blessings and destiny, through your network of demonic agents in Jesus' mighty name!
I speak 100% confusion into the camp of the enemy in Jesus name and l declare and decree total victory in every situation and in every area and aspect that concerns every child of God. (Jeremiah 50:34)

Let All of God's people Rejoice!
Yes, satan ; Jesus Christ - "And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross". ( Colossians 2:15)

YES - No weapon formed against the children of the most high God and every thing that concerns them directly and indirectly, shall and will never prosper in Jesus name - The Name above all names!
Ref. Isaiah 54:17
Amen and Glory to The Lamb of God!!!

Your brother and servant in The Lord Jesus Christ
George Varghese
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by UyiIredia(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
i believe Christians have a responsibility to defend the truth of the gospel when ts being matched upon >>> recently took up a personal research on atheism & homosexuality (using the internet) >>> what I've seen is very disturbing >>> I'd read a book (Standing Tall by Steve Farrar) which touched on these issues but i didn't know it was this bad & rampant >>> what disturbs me even ore is that sooner or later Christians in Nigeria will be dealing with such issues >>> comments please ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.